PDA

View Full Version : Will CP3 be haunted for the rest of his career

Mr.Kite
07-19-2014, 10:25 PM
from that game 5 meltdown ala Chris Webber?

305Baller
07-19-2014, 10:25 PM
no because they will win the title this year.

Inferno
07-19-2014, 10:27 PM

They aren't getting past GSW this time

305Baller
07-19-2014, 10:29 PM

ok

SouBeachTalents
07-19-2014, 10:30 PM
If LeBron recovered from the 2011 Finals, I'm sure CP3 will be fine

Inferno
07-19-2014, 10:30 PM
ok

:rockon:

TheMarkMadsen
07-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Most overrated player of his era.

J Shuttlesworth
07-19-2014, 10:36 PM

ok

Damn, Inferno showed him who's boss :bowdown: Go GSW

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Steve Nash made the WCF 4 times and I don't think he has ever received half as much praise as Chris Paul.

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Never seen Inferno this confident about his dubs :oldlol:

Can't say it isn't warranted though..GS could be nasty if Bogut could just stay healthy. Livingston was one of the most underrated pickups this offseason.

305Baller
07-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Damn, Inferno showed him who's boss :bowdown: Go GSW

why you tryin me bitch. thats his opinion. so whatever

:sleeping

kshutts1
07-19-2014, 11:02 PM
I had forgotten about it. So I guess not?

And I don't care what Webber did in college. Has no bearing, whatsoever, on his ranking.

keep-itreal
07-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Incredibly overrated player.

Have a stacked team yet still can't beat the OKC Thunders.

tpols
07-20-2014, 12:02 AM
CP3 is a bit of a choker.. but if he played out east on a decent team he probably wouldve been in the Finals a few times.

COnDEMnED
07-20-2014, 12:08 AM
This is the third consecutive year I have seen this posted by someone. Enjoy your......banners....I guess.

TheMarkMadsen
07-20-2014, 12:11 AM
CP3 is a bit of a choker.. but if he played out east on a decent team he probably wouldve been in the Finals a few times.

This is actually true.

If he played out east he'd be looked at in an entirely different light historically.

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Most overrated player of his era is Kobe by far.

:applause:

Inferno
07-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Never seen Inferno this confident about his dubs :oldlol:

Can't say it isn't warranted though..GS could be nasty if Bogut could just stay healthy. Livingston was one of the most underrated pickups this offseason.

:rockon:

ImKobe
07-20-2014, 02:44 AM
CP3 is very overrated at times.

Is he a great player by the numbers and by what he brings to the game? Sure.

Is he a winner(as a leader)? NO.

CP3 as the man is just not good enough to lead his team to a deep playoff run, he needs to be the robin in order for his teams to win. He needs to play the Stockton role a little bit more but I don't think he has the Malone to make it perfect because even though Griffin is a great dunker and a finisher, his game lacks a little something.

qrich
07-20-2014, 04:56 AM
No, top 3 seed and a conference finals appearance this year, at the very least.

Book it.

COnDEMnED
07-20-2014, 05:15 AM
No, top 3 seed and a conference finals appearance this year, at the very least.

Book it.
I say to you the same thing I said to 305baller, this is the third year in a row someone has said this same exact thing. I think last year it might have even been you. If I were in your shoes, I would say absolutely nothing until something has actually been accomplished.

qrich
07-20-2014, 05:18 AM
I say to you the same thing I said to 305baller, this is the third year in a row someone has said this same exact thing. I think last year it might have even been you. If I were in your shoes, I would say absolutely nothing until something has actually been accomplished.

And had it not been for the zebra's, it would have occurred this past season.

masonanddixon
07-20-2014, 05:35 AM

The same guys who got you the W in Game 7 against a Bogut-less Warriors squad.

Karma is...

COnDEMnED
07-20-2014, 05:36 AM
And the year before, it was Griffins injury's fault, and the year before that it was...Griffins injury's fault. So that's three championships you guys have been ****ed out of? :pimp:

I'm just saying, when u guys say the same thing every year, and it doesn't happen, the prediction doesn't have much merit. I would just keep my head down and keep quiet until the day came that I could shove all of this back in someone's face.

qrich
07-20-2014, 05:39 AM
The same guys who got you the W in Game 7 against a Bogut-less Warriors squad.

Karma is...

Posted as someone who blatantly didn't watch many of the games.

And the year before, it was Griffins injury's fault, and the year before that it was...Griffins injury's fault. So that's three championships you guys have been ****ed out of? :pimp:

I'm just saying, when u guys say the same thing every year, and it doesn't happen, the prediction doesn't have much merit. I would just keep my head down and keep quiet until the day came that I could shove all of this back in someone's face.

The two prior years, the holes on the team where much greater and Blake/Jordan hadn't taken the next step to improve. It didn't help that we had a coach who only told the team to play hard and had very little game planning as well. I thought, during the expansion year, the WCF was the ceiling with anything further being a slight possibility, same with the following year, so its pretty moot.

masonanddixon
07-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Posted as someone who blatantly didn't watch many of the games.

The two prior years, the holes on the team where much greater and Blake/Jordan hadn't taken the next step to improve. It didn't help that we had a coach who only told the team to play hard and had very little game planning as well. I thought, during the expansion year, the WCF was the ceiling with anything further being a slight possibility, same with the following year, so its pretty moot.

I watched every game of that series. Warriors were up to start the 4th and the refs pretty much handed the Clippers the game at the foul line starting at the 6 minute mark.

qrich
07-20-2014, 05:49 AM
I watched every game of that series. Warriors were up to start the 4th and the refs pretty much handed the Clippers the game at the foul line starting at the 6 minute mark.

Really?

Is that why the Dubs were 10-11 from the line in the final 6 minutes, while the Clippers were 6-7, with the 6 makes and attempts coming as a result of intentional fouls?

masonanddixon
07-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Really?

Is that why the Dubs were 10-11 from the line in the final 6 minutes, while the Clippers were 6-7, with the 6 makes and attempts coming as a result of intentional fouls?

yeah right. Come on, you know that game was gifted.

qrich
07-20-2014, 05:54 AM
yeah right. Come on, you know that game was gifted.

It was handed due to one free throw in the final six minutes that wasn't an intentional foul :rockon:

Revisionist history at its finest folks.

masonanddixon
07-20-2014, 06:00 AM
It was handed due to one free throw in the final six minutes that wasn't an intentional foul :rockon:

Revisionist history at its finest folks.

lol it's all over now though. I can't stand anyone on that team except Reddick.

Acting like a bunch of children because the owner said the word '******'. I guess the league got sick of them and told the refs to fix the series vs the Thunder.

GimmeThat
07-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I don't know if you can be haunted until your career is over.

TheCalmInsanity
07-20-2014, 07:05 AM
lol it's all over now though. I can't stand anyone on that team except Reddick.

Acting like a bunch of children because the owner said the word '******'. I guess the league got sick of them and told the refs to fix the series vs the Thunder.

When did the owner say any derogatory term? He was being racist without saying the word you just mentioned. You know nothing about your own arguments and you just proved it

That game 5 against the Thunder was literally one of the most rigged games I've seen in my life. It made me lose all faith in the NBA and refereeing..

I don't mind when refs miss calls, they're human.. But when you have VIDEO REPLAY EVIDENCE and get two calls wrong (that horrible clear path foul + the horrible call at the end of the game when the ball went off Reggie Jackson), I'm not even talking about the 20 ft per game that Durant was getting (in one half, Durant and Westbrook alone had 28 free throws.. in THE FIRST HALF)

Graviton
07-20-2014, 07:24 AM
When did the owner say any derogatory term? He was being racist without saying the word you just mentioned. You know nothing about your own arguments and you just proved it

That game 5 against the Thunder was literally one of the most rigged games I've seen in my life. It made me lose all faith in the NBA and refereeing..

I don't mind when refs miss calls, they're human.. But when you have VIDEO REPLAY EVIDENCE and get two calls wrong (that horrible clear path foul + the horrible call at the end of the game when the ball went off Reggie Jackson), I'm not even talking about the 20 ft per game that Durant was getting (in one half, Durant and Westbrook alone had 28 free throws.. in THE FIRST HALF)

I don't think you understand, even with all the ref help Clippers had that game in the bag. Refs weren't the ones that tried to flop for 3 free throws and instead lost the ball. Refs were also not the ones who fouled Russell ****ing Westbrook at the 3 point line chucking a retarded shot that had about 0.00000000001% chance of going in. Especially when it was already known how refs were calling fouls on 3 pointers so often this playoffs.

Those 2 crucial mistakes by Paul are what even gave OKC a CHANCE to come back. Refs had nothing to do with any of that. That was all the decision of a player. All Paul had to do was ****ing hold the ball and not try anything retarded, get fouled and seal the game, that's it. OKC's free throws and missed calls were absolutely irrelevant in that game, they weren't what affected the outcome. That's the sad part.

joeyjoejoe
07-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Fouling westbrook at the 3 is on Paul but it was pretty soft just one finger actually while ppl here go around saying there not gonna call touch fouls like that at end of playoff games, also cp got hacked getting his arm grabbed by reggie, I would like to see closeup on the westbrook steal before I form an opinion on that but the out of bounds call was what astounded me lol, it showed exactly how the nba and its refs operate

TheCalmInsanity
07-20-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't think you understand, even with all the ref help Clippers had that game in the bag. Refs weren't the ones that tried to flop for 3 free throws and instead lost the ball. Refs were also not the ones who fouled Russell ****ing Westbrook at the 3 point line chucking a retarded shot that had about 0.00000000001% chance of going in. Especially when it was already known how refs were calling fouls on 3 pointers so often this playoffs.

Those 2 crucial mistakes by Paul are what even gave OKC a CHANCE to come back. Refs had nothing to do with any of that. That was all the decision of a player. All Paul had to do was ****ing hold the ball and not try anything retarded, get fouled and seal the game, that's it. OKC's free throws and missed calls were absolutely irrelevant in that game, they weren't what affected the outcome. That's the sad part.

I 100% agree with this but that doesn't mean the game wasn't rigged.

Notice how I didn't say that's the reason the Clippers lost.. the reason they lost is because Chris Paul tried to get fouled instead of just holding the ball.

Thing is, if CP3 didn't choke and the refs rigged it, the Clippers would probably still have won that game.

If CP3 choked but the refs didn't rig it, the Clippers would probably still have won the game (because even after CP3 choked, the Clippers would have gotten the ball back from the video review on the Jackson out of bounds call).

The only way they would lose that game 5 is if the refs rigged it AND CP3 choked.. and both did happen.. so they lost.

I can definitely agree with you that CP3 played a huge role in why the Clippers lost.. I just want to see a fair game that's all. That's why I loved basketball in the 90's.. it was so much easier to watch. Refs didn't call every single foul, players didn't flop left and right, and it wasn't rigged. After all the Donaghy BS the NBA has never been the same.

Anyways, cheers bud it was still a great series :cheers: