PDA

View Full Version : Lakers already shopping Randle?

UK2K
07-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Jon Bloom: My source in L.A. is pushing Lakers to offer Julius Randle, Jordan Hill & 1st Rd Pick from Lin deal in sign & trade for Bledsoe. #Hmmmm Twitter

Dude may be full of shit, but, sounds like something the Lakers would do. Bledsoe will be a stud.

JohnMax
07-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Should've just gotten Bledsoe and Deandre for Dwight.

FlawlessVictory
07-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Jon Bloom: My source in L.A. is pushing Lakers to offer Julius Randle, Jordan Hill & 1st Rd Pick from Lin deal in sign & trade for Bledsoe. #Hmmmm Twitter

Dude may be full of shit, but, sounds like something the Lakers would do. Bledsoe will be a stud.

I could actually see that happening. If the Suns can't agree a reasonable extension with Bledsoe in the next week or so then they will probably look to move him. They would then likely get Dragic on a big extension next season.

One thing though, im not sure about how that would work salary cap wise. I think the Lakers are capped out or very close to it. Bledsoe would be on at least 15 million a year with his extension.... It did seem odd them picking up Davis, Boozer and resigning Kelly after drafting Randle.

Suns get a very nice pf prospect and a pick, although I don't see them having any interest in that seriously inflated Hill contract...

ImKobe
07-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Instead of Hill, we should send them Nash, so he could retire as a Sun.

gts
07-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Hill cant be traded till Jan 2015, none of the players on one year contracts can be traded, Boozer cannot be traded.. Randle can't be traded for 30 days and the Lakers have already said he won't be traded and the Bledsoe rumor is untrue

imnew09
07-20-2014, 12:58 PM
stupid rumor made by stupid stans

senelcoolidge
07-20-2014, 01:07 PM
lakes going to lakers so i wouldn't be surprised if they did that. bledsoe is a good player off the bench..that's it. The lakers are a non-playoff team either way so it doesn't matter.

Foster5k
07-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Highly doubt that. They just got Lin. Which isn't much. Better than a corpse of Nash I guess. Randle still is a huge question mark. However, Bledsoe isn't going to change the Lakers current chances of winning a chip.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-20-2014, 01:21 PM
If true, really stupid ****ing move from the Lakers.

boozehound
07-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Hill cant be traded till Jan 2015, none of the players on one year contracts can be traded, Boozer cannot be traded.. Randle can't be traded for 30 days and the Lakers have already said he won't be traded and the Bledsoe rumor is untrue
This. How is it that supposed media types have no clue about the actual details of the CBA. It was like Stephen A Smith saying on SVPs show that he thought wade would get a new 5 year deal from the heat. Newsflash numbnuts, he can only get a 4 year deal (due to over36 rule) and this was very common knowledge.

MP.Trey
07-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Is he a #1 draft pick? Can Cleveland get him?

gts
07-20-2014, 01:35 PM
This. How is it that supposed media types have no clue about the actual details of the CBA. It was like Stephen A Smith saying on SVPs show that he thought wade would get a new 5 year deal from the heat. Newsflash numbnuts, he can only get a 4 year deal (due to over36 rule) and this was very common knowledge.

I'm starting to think once you get past the legit reporters and into the Broussards, Stephen A's then the lower tier bloggers that generating hits is more important than generating facts.

My follow list has been whittled down to Wojo, Stein, Lowe, Larry Coon and a few solid Lakers beat writers the rest are a waste of time for the most part.

I'm sure every team has a few trusty beat writers and that's really all you need for team news

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-20-2014, 01:48 PM
sure would be nice if the lakers were able to snag monroe and bledsoe without giving up anything significant.

Foster5k
07-20-2014, 01:49 PM
sure would be nice if the lakers were able to snag monroe and bledsoe without giving up anything significant.
:oldlol:

This isn't fantasy league.

Cold soul
07-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Lakers won't trade Randle he's the future of this franchise. They would be really stupid to trade him this early, but then again we have Jim Buss running the show so anything is possible.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 01:54 PM

:roll:

#lakerfanlogic

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-20-2014, 01:56 PM
:roll:

#lakerfanlogic
run with it windbag.

lakerfreak
07-20-2014, 02:23 PM

So what you're saying is...its highly likely?

JK :p lol

On a serious note, its one thing to seek talent, but not at the point of desperation. I was getting sick of analysts talking about how the lakers need to go out and overpay for bledsoe and Stephenson. That team not only would miss the playoffs, but we wouldn't get a decent draft choice anyways because it would be competitive enough to screw us in the draft.

I like that we have a young prospect with potential. I like that he will start in his first season, and I like how we're moving in a direction thats focused on getting draft picks in youth. We've been needing that for a while now.

qrich
07-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Another reason the Suns wouldn't do this is, with them owning the Lakers top 5 protected 2015 First, why would they take a step back and worsen their pick at the same time?

As it stands, Phoenix is looking towards gaining the 9th/10th pick in the draft with that pick, why risk it?

bluechox2
07-20-2014, 02:36 PM
they cant trade hill

LA_Showtime
07-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Don't want Bledsoe. Don't really think Randle will pan out to be as great as they're saying, but hey, at least he's young and has potential.

Dragic4Life
07-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Don't want Bledsoe. Don't really think Randle will pan out to be as great as they're saying, but hey, at least he's young and has potential.
Why wouldn;t you want Bledsoe?

LA_Showtime
07-20-2014, 03:09 PM
So what you're saying is...its highly likely?

JK :p lol

On a serious note, its one thing to seek talent, but not at the point of desperation. I was getting sick of analysts talking about how the lakers need to go out and overpay for bledsoe and Stephenson. That team not only would miss the playoffs, but we wouldn't get a decent draft choice anyways because it would be competitive enough to screw us in the draft.

I like that we have a young prospect with potential. I like that he will start in his first season, and I like how we're moving in a direction thats focused on getting draft picks in youth. We've been needing that for a while now.

We don't have a draft pick this year anyway, so we're already screwed. :oldlol:

qrich
07-20-2014, 03:10 PM

Yeah, you do. If it lands in the top five.

LA_Showtime
07-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Why wouldn;t you want Bledsoe?

Injury prone, not a good fit next to Kobe. He's a good player, no doubt, and he has untapped potential, but I just don't think he's a great fit on the Lakers, and he's not exactly the type of guy to put us over the top.

LA_Showtime
07-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, you do. If it lands in the top five.

We couldn't even secure a top-five pick last year and we added Kobe, Boozer, Randle, and Lin. That is not going to happen.

GimmeThat
07-20-2014, 03:16 PM

everything makes sense now

teams sign players without having a trade in place first
and they don't offer players they want with a contract first

qrich
07-20-2014, 03:17 PM
We couldn't even secure a top-five pick last year and we added Kobe, Boozer, Randle, and Lin. That is not going to happen.

Ping pong balls could end up being funny.

ottooooooo
07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
do you all think Julius randle will be as good as his father, John Randle?

konex
07-20-2014, 03:22 PM
This is stupid. If they wanted him, they could made made Bledsoe an offer instead of signing Hill

Kidbasketball20
07-20-2014, 03:32 PM
So Lin would go back to being a bench player? Ummm... no

lakerfreak
07-20-2014, 04:06 PM

What qrich said. If Bledsoe does leave, how "well" will the suns do?

ImKobe
07-20-2014, 04:11 PM
So Lin would go back to being a bench player? Ummm... no

How about Kobe plays the 3 and they both start?