PDA

View Full Version : Has any player ever been more disloyal to a franchise than Love to Minny?

MavsSuperFan
07-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Its amazing that he gets no hate for blaming all of his failures on teammates and totally destroying his current teams bargaining power, by basically making it clear he is 100% leaving.

J Shuttlesworth
07-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Is it Kevin Love's fault that Rubio can't shoot 40%?

navy
07-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Minnesota is basketball hell. Who cares?

Foster5k
07-20-2014, 02:09 PM
OP sounds like a Cleveland fan after LeBron left.

This is a business. Get over it.

Im so nba'd out
07-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Its a business not a family why should he be loyal + they could of resigned him before but choose not to.

bigwebb5000
07-20-2014, 02:11 PM
No sympathy for the T-Wolves. They declined to give Love the 5 yr max deal he wanted and instead save it for Rubio. Bad business decisions have consequences.

MP.Trey
07-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Wait, so being honest about your plans for the future and saying you want to leave a franchise after years of losing is now suddenly a worse alternative to some of the numerous instances in the past where we've had players refuse to play for certain teams, demand trades, demand help be brought in on a teammate or coaching staff/GM level, blindside fanbases in free agency, etc.?

What am I missing?

ProfessorMurder
07-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Bran.

Dragic4Life
07-20-2014, 02:20 PM
wtf is this shit.:facepalm

Every player should be entitled to leave a team ONCE. Loyalty has a limit.

sammichoffate
07-20-2014, 02:39 PM
They did job him by not offering the 5-year max, I don't blame him.

qrich
07-20-2014, 02:42 PM
While Love is the epitome of empty stats, there clearly are players with more disloyalty than Kevin.

LeBron is the one that comes to mind, most recently. Carlos Boozer jobbed Cleveland by asking them to decline his option and bolting to Mormonville. Elton Brand jobbed the Clippers by texting Dunleavy "Get me $$/Years and Baron and I'll stay", and Dun got Baron (who didn't fit his coaching style!) just for Brand to bolt to Philly.

I'm sure there is many more, that is just recent history off the top of my head.

Dragic4Life
07-20-2014, 02:43 PM
While Love is the epitome of empty stats, there clearly are players with more disloyalty than Kevin.

LeBron is the one that comes to mind, most recently. Carlos Boozer jobbed Cleveland by asking them to decline his option and bolting to Mormonville. Elton Brand jobbed the Clippers by texting Dunleavy "Get me $$/Years and Baron and I'll stay", and Dun got Baron (who didn't fit his coaching style!) just for Brand to bolt to Philly.

I'm sure there is many more, that is just recent history off the top of my head.
When Love wins his first ring this season I'll bump this stupid post.

AnaheimLakers24
07-20-2014, 02:45 PM
despite being white, I think love knows he cant win with a all white team. you need them blacks

KNOW1EDGE
07-20-2014, 03:01 PM
What in the actual f*ck are you talking about?

He's played his whole career there. They've never added any championship caliber players. He's a free agent next year, he told Minny straight up.

You are a f*ckboy if you think Love should stay in Minny. Teams are not loyal to players whatsoever, they are cut throat. But you want Love to continue playing in the hell hole that is Minnesota? Gtfo

Rameek
07-20-2014, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5FJXHhB4kY

If the front office didnt suck so bad and paid him, he probably would have stayed.

LakersForlife
07-20-2014, 03:31 PM
whats more loyal than saying im out cause i aint winning shit here

ralph_i_el
07-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Its amazing that he gets no hate for blaming all of his failures on teammates and totally destroying his current teams bargaining power, by basically making it clear he is 100% leaving.

he gets plenty of hate.

As for blaming on his teammates....THEY ARE TO BLAME.

He has never played with an above average supporting cast.

Rubio is one of the worst shooters I've ever seen play the point.

Corey Brewer is a wing who can't shoot

Kevin Martin is a wing who can only shoot and can't dribble or play any D

Nikola Pekovic is another post up guy who can't shoot and is too slow to be a good team defender

This past season was the best team he's played with and he didn't have a single other player who is both a quality level starter and who complements his skills. Add that to the fact that he's a west coast dude stuck out in the frigid north.

Give Love an average point guard, 1 wing who can dribble and shoot, and 1 wing who can shoot and play D. Then give him a rebounding+D center. That team would ball out.

Jrue Holiday
Lou Williams
Trevor Ariza
Love
Derrick Favors

That's a realistic lineup that could go to the finals.

ALSO: Twolves didn't offer Love a 5 year Max, so he demanded 4 years with the 4th as a player option. They could have offered him 5 and we wouldn't be having this discussion for another 2 years. Twolves have been incompetent as hell.

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Piece of shit player and a franchise that doesn't have a clue what it's doing ?

They were made for each other.

qrich
07-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Jrue Holiday
Lou Williams
Trevor Ariza
Love
Derrick Favors

That's a realistic lineup that could go to the finals.

Sig worthy.

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
This is the potential team that the Wolves could have drafted after Love was already on the team

2009 Draft

Stephen Curry (instead of Rubio)
DeMar DeRozan (instead of Johnny Flynn)
Ty Lawson (did draft him; traded him right after for a 2010 1st round draft pick - Luke Babbitt was selected).
Dejaun Blair (instead of Wayne Ellington)

2010 Draft

Paul George/DeMarcus Cousins/Greg Monroe (instead of Wesley Johnson)
Eric Bledsoe (instead of Lube Babbitt)
Greivis Vasquez (instead of Trevor Booker)

2011 Draft

Jonas Valanciunas/Kawhi Leonard/Klay Thompson (instead of Derrick Williams)
Kenneth Faried/Chandler Parsons(instead of Donatas Motiejunas)

Won't grade the other drafts because it hasn't come far along yet.

But just looking at a potential squad off (in just one case):

Stephen Curry/Ty Lawson
DeMar DeRozan/Klay Thompson
Paul George
Kevin Love/Kenneth Faried
Nikolai Pekovic/Jonas Valanciunas

Again, management doesn't know what it's doing.

Droid101
07-20-2014, 04:48 PM
He's not a Thundercat bro.

dreamwarrior
07-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Love has never played with another all-star. That's how much direction Minnesota has with their franchise.

TimmyDuncan
07-20-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm not a Lebron hater but saying I won't leave until I win a title then leaving as a FA is worse

By making it clear he will leave, they are talking about trade for wiggins!
Imagine what Cleveland would have received in 2009 if Lebron said he wouldn't re-sign

Taller than CP3
07-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Who in their right mind would stay loyal to the f*cking Timberwolves?? What a piece of shit team, they might as well retire.

ballup
07-20-2014, 06:34 PM
This is the potential team that the Wolves could have drafted after Love was already on the team

2009 Draft

Stephen Curry (instead of Rubio)
DeMar DeRozan (instead of Johnny Flynn)
Ty Lawson (did draft him; traded him right after for a 2010 1st round draft pick - Luke Babbitt was selected).
Dejaun Blair (instead of Wayne Ellington)

2010 Draft

Paul George/DeMarcus Cousins/Greg Monroe (instead of Wesley Johnson)
Eric Bledsoe (instead of Lube Babbitt)
Greivis Vasquez (instead of Trevor Booker)

2011 Draft

Jonas Valanciunas/Kawhi Leonard/Klay Thompson (instead of Derrick Williams)
Kenneth Faried/Chandler Parsons(instead of Donatas Motiejunas)

Won't grade the other drafts because it hasn't come far along yet.

But just looking at a potential squad off (in just one case):

Stephen Curry/Ty Lawson
DeMar DeRozan/Klay Thompson
Paul George
Kevin Love/Kenneth Faried
Nikolai Pekovic/Jonas Valanciunas

Again, management doesn't know what it's doing.
Don't you think that's unrealistic considering that all of those aforementioned players would add wins?

Soundwave
07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Shaq left Orlando because he wanted to further his music/movie career in LA

LeBron left Miami after 4 Finals because he was afraid to be on a team with an aging Wade.

Tracy McGrady bolted from Toronto because he couldn't deal with Vince Carter getting more attention.

Kevin Love is leaving Minnesota because ... they suck.

Errr, pretty big difference if you ask me.

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Who in their right mind would stay loyal to the f*cking Timberwolves?? What a piece of shit team, they might as well retire.

http://howtowatchsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/kg-timberwolves.jpg

I agree that they should be relocated.

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't you think that's unrealistic considering that all of those aforementioned players would add wins?

Good point, but I can only see them adding major contribution after 2011.

And it's also the West, they would still be hard pressed to get win early on together. Curry, DeRozan, and George would be enough help alone.