PDA

View Full Version : If Wiggins is truly on the table,wouldn't more offers from other teams be rolling in?

JtotheIzzo
07-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I mean, its nice that LeBron wants the injury prone jump-shooter who's never made the playoffs, but if I am another NBA GM and I hear all the players that the Cavs are supposedly dangling around this Love deal I get on the phone with them straight away and give them a few counter offers.

Am I on crazy pills here?

sweggeh
07-20-2014, 03:39 PM
yes

yes you are

chazzy
07-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Which teams have better offers than Love?

brantonli
07-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Not many other teams are willing to give up on their respective superstar yet. If a certain GM truly believes in Wiggins' potential, then I can easily see orlando or Philly throwing Oladipo (sorry) or MCW for Wiggins.

AnaheimLakers24
07-20-2014, 03:42 PM
lakers should send j hill an nash

JtotheIzzo
Which teams have better offers than Love?

That would demand some thought. But off the top of my head, what about a deal for Melo?

UK2K
Because what Lebron wants Lebron gets and he says he wants Love so that means they need Wiggins to get him.

If they dont lick Lebrons balls, he will blame the FO that they arent putting enough talent (lol) around him and go elsewhere, probably NYK with Melo.

JtotheIzzo
Not many other teams are willing to give up on their respective superstar yet. If a certain GM truly believes in Wiggins' potential, then I can easily see orlando or Philly throwing Oladipo (sorry) or MCW for Wiggins.

that doesn't even make sense.

RedBlackAttack
07-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I mean, its nice that LeBron wants the injury prone jump-shooter who's never made the playoffs, but if I am another NBA GM and I hear all the players that the Cavs are supposedly dangling around this Love deal I get on the phone with them straight away and give them a few counter offers.

Am I on crazy pills here?
The only other player on Love's level who may be available through a trade, that I can see on the current market and that the Cavs could really use, is Al Horford... who has become extremely underrated (even with his injury history).

I think he actually provides the Cavs with more things they need than Kevin Love does, because interior defense is going to be a problem with or without Love.

Best of all, I don't think we'd have to move Wiggins to get Horford. The only downside is that Horford is 28 and Love is 25.

If Minnesota is intent on forcing the Cavs' hand with Wiggins, I tell them thanks but no thanks and focus on making a deal for Horford. I was talking with some Hawks fans last week on here and they were completely open to a Waiters/Thompson for Horford move.

PG - Kyrie Irving / Matthew Dellavadova
SG - Andrew Wiggins / Ray Allen / James Jones
SF - LeBron James / Mike Miller / Joe Harris
PF - Al Horford / Anthony Bennett
C - Andreson Varejao / Brendan Haywood

:confusedshrug:

AnaheimLakers24
07-20-2014, 03:50 PM
The only other player on Love's level who may be available through a trade, that I can see on the current market and that the Cavs could really use, is Al Horford... who has become extremely underrated (even with his injury history).

I think he actually provides the Cavs with more things they need than Kevin Love does, because interior defense is going to be a problem with or without Love.

Best of all, I don't think we'd have to move Wiggins to get Horford. The only downside is that Horford is 28 and Love is 25.

If Minnesota is intent on forcing the Cavs' hand with Wiggins, I tell them thanks but no thanks and focus on making a deal for Horford. I was talking with some Hawks fans last week on here and they were completely open to a Waiters/Thompson for Horford move.

cavs fans back to being delusional :applause: welcome back retards

DMAVS41
07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
That would demand some thought. But off the top of my head, what about a deal for Melo?

Drummond is the only guy that has the value Love does in my opinion. Drummond actually might have more value than Love to be honest.

Melo is too old...although I think the Cavs would be unstoppable with Melo over the next 4 or 5 years.

But Love being 5 years younger than Melo is huge here.

Drummond, at age 23, and given his ability to dominate the paint....is the only player I can think of.

But the Pistons have little to no reason to move him. Only thing I could think of would be to shed the Smith contract...and start over around Wiggins/Bennett/Monroe/Pope. I don't hate that...not at all actually, but Drummond is about as valuable a commodity at that age not named Anthony Davis. He's worth a lot more than Wiggins...

So it would have to be something like Wiggins/Bennett/Andy/first rounder for Drummond/Smith.

Does either team really feel good about that?

Love remains the best option in my opinion.

Foster5k
07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
I was talking with some Hawks fans last week on here and they were completely open to a Waiters/Thompson for Horford move.
:oldlol:

Hawks lose big time in that deal.

qrich
07-20-2014, 03:53 PM
How do you know no other team has made the call, and heard that Wiggins is only potentially available in a trade that lands Kevin in Cleveland?

cavs fans back to being delusional :applause: welcome back retards

Quickly reaching Laker fan level, expecting Bledsoe for Lin/Nash + Hill + First :facepalm

DMAVS41
07-20-2014, 03:54 PM

Ugh...that shooting would be painful to watch. If Wiggins and Bennet develop reliable shots quickly...then it might work.

But damn...that starting lineup you have would have horrendous spacing.

Also think it would take Waiters/Thompson and as many picks as possible to get that done...and still not sure why the Hawks would do that with Horford being on such a good contract and the Hawks likely in the 2nd round this year if healthy.

niko
07-20-2014, 03:55 PM
TWolves aren't in a rush to deal Love.

NattyPButter
07-20-2014, 03:57 PM
i'd do a swap for Drummond in a heart beat just to complete the team.

qrich
07-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Ugh...that shooting would be painful to watch. If Wiggins and Bennet develop reliable shots quickly...then it might work.

Moot point.

Atlanta would never consider such an offer for one of the premier TWO way bigs in the association.

JtotheIzzo
07-20-2014, 03:58 PM
TWolves aren't in a rush to deal Love.

Dude, pick a hotter Asian for your avatar, furrcrisesakes!

RedBlackAttack
07-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Quickly reaching Laker fan level, expecting Bledsoe for Lin/Nash + Hill + First :facepalm
I would not deal Horford for Waiters/Thompson if I were the Hawks. I was surprised these particular Hawks fans were open to it (they, in fact, proposed it).

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10304296&postcount=25

Full Thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347187&page=2

What the hell do I know about the Hawks' situation? :confusedshrug:

I'm assuming the people who follow the organization the way I follow the Cavs actually know what they're talking about.

RedBlackAttack
07-20-2014, 04:11 PM

Also think it would take Waiters/Thompson and as many picks as possible to get that done...and still not sure why the Hawks would do that with Horford being on such a good contract and the Hawks likely in the 2nd round this year if healthy.
Well, ideally Bennett would continue his growth and find his way into the starting lineup.

Then, a starting five of Irving/Wiggins/James/AB/Horford would provide an almost perfect balance of playmaking, spacing, rebounding and defense... And, we'd have Varejao as maybe the best backup center in the league.

It's all fantasy, obviously, but that would have the potential of really working out well.

niko
07-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Dude, pick a hotter Asian for your avatar, furrcrisesakes!
Everyone's a critic. I'll look into it though...

paytonfan
07-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Wiggins & Waiters for Wade and his knees.
Lebron be like:facepalm

DMAVS41
07-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Well, ideally Bennett would continue his growth and find his way into the starting lineup.

Then, a starting five of Irving/Wiggins/James/AB/Horford would provide an almost perfect balance of playmaking, spacing, rebounding and defense... And, we'd have Varejao as maybe the best backup center in the league.

It's all fantasy, obviously, but that would have the potential of really working out well.

Oh for sure....if AB is ready to start and can hit consistently...it's fantastic.

I'm just very skeptical of his ability to do that any time soon.

Horford is awesome. Him at 12 million a year the next 2 is a steal. If that was a possible get for a non Wiggins deal....it would be the best deal by far for the Cavs (outside of Love of course)

But there is no reason for the Hawks to trade him for scraps. The Hawks are going to be really good this year in the East...and there honestly is no reason to start over for them. Certainly not with Thompson who is going to need to get paid next year and he'll likely get 10 to 12 million...which is what a far better player in Horford is currently making.

So the deal just doesn't make sense.

But I agree...if AB was to develop a shot...and Wiggins progressed very quickly...that team would be elite by mid season. I just have serious reservations about both players playing large roles that quickly.