PDA

View Full Version : Is Kobe in the top 25 all time?

Mr.Kite
07-20-2014, 04:40 PM
I have him at 7 right now

JT123
07-20-2014, 04:45 PM
A title this season MIGHT push him into my top 30. Depends on how much he gets carried.

pastis
07-20-2014, 04:49 PM
A title this season MIGHT push him into my top 30. Depends on how much he gets carried.

:applause: :applause:

BigBoss
07-20-2014, 04:50 PM
If Kobe's at 25, then by default Lebron is 45.

AnaheimLakers24
07-20-2014, 04:54 PM
top 5

truhooper
07-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Top 12 imo

LAZERUSS
07-20-2014, 05:07 PM
I have him at 7 right now

Then why are you asking if he is top-25, then?

zoom17
07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Then why are you asking if he is top-25, then?

:roll:

HylianNightmare
07-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Of course he is. What kinda retarded question is this?

StephHamann
07-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Of course he is. What kinda retarded question is this?

http://media3.giphy.com/media/aSTJbOerwCKqc/200_s.gif

Ratnik
07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Kobe is top 3.
MJ
Lebron
Kobe

Artillery
07-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Kobe belongs in the 12-15 range. Wouldn't be right to put a sidekick in the top ten.

NumberSix
07-20-2014, 06:59 PM
15ish

f0und
07-20-2014, 07:10 PM
^^^^^ i agree with the last two posters.

going by the eyeball test, id put him 20-25. but because of whats on his resume, i begrudgingly put him around 15-ish.

Jameerthefear
07-20-2014, 07:17 PM

going by the eyeball test, id put him 20-25. but because of whats on his resume, i begrudgingly put him around 15-ish.
this.

SMoKe0uT
07-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Hes def higher than lebronze....never EVER put lebron in front of kobe again after what happened this season and how much of a mother fvcking beta he is...ring chasing n***** monkey....watch his beta ass bail on this team next season too....fvcking sorry ass cavs fans talking shit to him when he left...now welcome back with open arms...shows you how weak minded yall n*****s are....fvcking all you are sheep...bum mother fvkcs :facepalm

:lol :lol :lol :applause:

dreamwarrior
07-20-2014, 08:47 PM
When all is said and done people are going to look back and be appreciative that they got to see Kobe Bryant play live and in his prime. He may not go down as being the best, but he'll be remembered as the most re24ected.

RE24ECT

JohnFreeman
07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
12-15

Real14
07-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Top 5.

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 08:54 PM
DRob, Kidd, McHale, Barkley, Dirk, Durant, Stockton, others >>>> Kobe as players.

"Ohhh, but lets use 'ringssss' to make kobe seem better bc he takes harder shots and acts like michael jerdan!!"

The JKidd Kid
07-20-2014, 08:55 PM

Holy shit this is spot on.

Mure
07-20-2014, 10:23 PM
I have him 15-20. Was a sidekick for a lot of his career, no sidekick can be top 10.

gts
07-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Kobe will retire and be considered a top 5 player when it's all said and done

A lot of you guys sure go out of your way to make yourselves look like morons or assholes... :lol

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 10:32 PM

A lot of you guys sure go out of your way to make yourselves look like morons or assholes... :lol

:biggums:

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:29 PM

hes not even a top 5 SG

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 11:36 PM
hes not even a top 5 SG

repped

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:38 PM
repped

:cheers:

tpols
07-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Kobe belongs in the 12-15 range. Wouldn't be right to put a sidekick in the top ten.

hmm.. better boot kareem then.. and duncan. and Shaq.. and hakeem is top 3 for ultimate alpha. :rockon:

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:41 PM
hmm.. better boot kareem then.. and duncan. and Shaq.. and hakeem is top 3 for ultimate alpha. :rockon:

MJ
LeBron
Hakeem

top 3, no sidekick rings allowed

tpols
07-20-2014, 11:45 PM
MJ
LeBron
Hakeem

top 3, no sidekick rings allowed

Lebron w/ shaq is a sidekick... every single time. Dude defers to udonis haslem.. hed suck shaqs d!ck. :cheers:

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Lebron w/ shaq is a sidekick... every single time. Dude defers to udonis haslem.. hed suck shaqs d!ck. :cheers:

:roll: :roll:

Kobe was a sidekick to Pau freaking Gasol

Look at Win Shares

SidekickBe

btw LeBron wouldve won FMVP if he had open looks from Shaq's pressure on the defense

tpols
07-20-2014, 11:54 PM
:roll: :roll:

Kobe was a sidekick to Pau freaking Gasol

Look at Win Shares

SidekickBe

btw LeBron wouldve won FMVP if he had open looks from Shaq's pressure on the defense

bruh..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2001.html

I love this.:lol

Kobe had more winshares than Shaq in 2001.. LA's most dominant run.

Kobe > Shaq. Your logic only.

knicksman
07-20-2014, 11:56 PM
then where would bran be? Kobe won more with less. How embarrassing it is for lebron esp for his fans?

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:58 PM
bruh..

so kobe's 1/5 for winshare championships?

still a sidekick

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-21-2014, 12:01 AM
I have him 15-20. Was a sidekick for a lot of his career, no sidekick can be top 10.

Top 15 is kinda low, top 10-12 seems about right.

Thing with Kobe I find overrated is his "IQ". I don't know how someone with this so-called 'basketball genius' can make such poor decisions on offense. His incessant need to jack up outside shots and alienate his teammates makes his team less valuable as a whole.

He really doesn't raise his teams level of play, either. Kobe didn't "carry" shit (lol @ shooting 6-24 in a game 7 during the finals). The Lakers TEAM won those 2 championships with PJax coaching ability (got the supporting cast to step up like they did).

Being selfish and a ball hog is a lot more complex than just shot attempts, though. It’s how your DECISIONS directly affect the team. You can also add in jacking up 5-6 shots in garbage time to merely bring up your personal point total, pointing the finger at teammates after losses, never taking responsibility for your own failures, and things of that nature as well.

Fringe top 10 player, and one of the crappiest high profile "team leaders" I’ve ever seen in my life, in any team sport.

Akrazotile
07-21-2014, 12:02 AM
bruh..

The thing is tho, any of these metric systems will have what are called outliers, or anomalies. In any given game, week, month, or season something abnormal can happen. The key is to look at the pattern.

Kibe's career pattern is to consistently underwhelm in all advance metrics compared to other great players. So yes, he had an unusually high rate of win shares one year. But the pattern is clear. Kibe is simply overrated. And I like the guy. I do. But he's an overrated player, probably the most overrated of all time.

tpols
07-21-2014, 12:03 AM
so kobe's 1/5 for winshare championships?

still a sidekick

He's actually 2/5 winshares.

You should be familiar with that ratio.:D

dubeta
07-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Top 10 is already locked

in no order

MJ
Bron
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Kareem

its an exclusive club, no argument for any other player, definitely no sidekicks or 45% shooters

dubeta
07-21-2014, 12:05 AM
He's actually 2/5 winshares.

You should be familiar with that ratio.:D

Kobe's FMVP to ring ratio? yea its pretty bad

tpols
07-21-2014, 12:08 AM
The thing is tho, any of these metric systems will have what are called outliers, or anomalies. In any given game, week, month, or season something abnormal can happen. The key is to look at the pattern.

Kibe's career pattern is to consistently underwhelm in all advance metrics compared to other great players. So yes, he had an unusually high rate of win shares one year. But the pattern is clear. Kibe is simply overrated. And I like the guy. I do. But he's an overrated player, probably the most overrated of all time.

same logic can be applied to POW gasol bro.. kobe destroys him in every advanced metric throughout their careers. And you using one year to discredit.. seems exactly the same.

knicksman
07-21-2014, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=kuniva_dAMiGhTy]Top 15 is kinda low, top 10-12 seems about right.

Thing with Kobe I find overrated is his "IQ". I don't know how someone with this so-called 'basketball genius' can make such poor decisions on offense. His incessant need to jack up outside shots and alienate his teammates makes his team less valuable as a whole.

He really doesn't raise his teams level of play, either. Kobe didn't "carry" shit (lol @ shooting 6-24 in a game 7 during the finals). The Lakers TEAM won those 2 championships with PJax coaching ability (got the supporting cast to step up like they did).

Being selfish and a ball hog is a lot more complex than just shot attempts, though. It

Akrazotile
07-21-2014, 12:23 AM
same logic can be applied to POW gasol bro.. kobe destroys him in every advanced metric throughout their careers. And you using one year to discredit.. seems exactly the same.

Not really because those metrics measure direct offensive impact and don't account as much for intangibles. So if anything, Kibe's metrics will represent his absolute maximum possible value, because he's more stats than intangibles. Whereas Gasol and Shaq (and most great bigs, and some other wings) are going to effect the game in ways that don't show up on the score sheet just by the nature of how they play. Obviously Shaq put up great stats as well but even those didnt do him jsutice.

I mean Kibe of all people should benefit from stats/metrics because his contribution is all numbers. And yet when you crunch them and look at efficiency, opponent, and various other factors... he's very underwhelming for a supposedly all-time great.

tpols
07-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Not really because those metrics measure direct offensive impact and don't account as much for intangibles.

Pau is 0-16 in the playoffs without the evil Kibe..

Dem intangibles and such leaderchip.

POW!!

dubeta
07-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Not really because those metrics measure direct offensive impact and don't account as much for intangibles. So if anything, Kibe's metrics will represent his absolute maximum possible value, because he's more stats than intangibles. Whereas Gasol and Shaq (and most great bigs, and some other wings) are going to effect the game in ways that don't show up on the score sheet just by the nature of how they play. Obviously Shaq put up great stats as well but even those didnt do him jsutice.

I mean Kibe of all people should benefit from stats/metrics because his contribution is all numbers. And yet when you crunch them and look at efficiency, opponent, and various other factors... he's very underwhelming for a supposedly all-time great.

joe johnson is a better overall player than kobe

Akrazotile
07-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Pau is 0-16 in the playoffs without the evil Kibe..

Dem intangibles and such leaderchip.

POW!!

What are Kibe and Fisher's playoff records respectively?

edit: And please credit Kobe with 4 losses in the year he "ruptured his achilles" immediately before their doomed and inevitable sweep by the Spurs.

And1AllDay
07-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Kobe is top 3.
MJ
Lebron
Kobe

I won't lie, this made me laugh a bit :lol

Heavincent
07-21-2014, 01:41 AM
edit: And please credit Kobe with 4 losses in the year he "ruptured his achilles" immediately before their doomed and inevitable sweep by the Spurs.

This is probably the most forced conspiracy theory ever. At least some other conspiracy theories have some merit due to mystery and unanswered questions. There is no mystery here. He's a ****ing basketball player who got injured, not some suspicious government official trying to cover up something shady. I think someone would have spilled the beans by now if it was some elaborate hoax.

One would assume that you're trolling, but you've literally typed hundreds of pages worth of crap about Kobe, so I feel like you might actually be serious. Either that or you put way too much effort into trolling an internet forum. It's pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Dragic4Life
07-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Says who? Your fvcking N*gg** ass? nobody gives a flying fvck what you gotta say...should you be with Silk working at mcdonalds? Fvcking Ph8Ggot
There's no need to be mad at the truth.:roll:

Warfan
07-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Says who? Your fvcking N*gg** ass? nobody gives a flying fvck what you gotta say...should you be with Silk working at mcdonalds? Fvcking Ph8Ggot

Can somebody ban this fukcface and his main account?? How many times do i need to report this garbage??

dubeta
10-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Bump

Let's reevaluate this question after last seasons performance by the Mamba

24-Inch_Chrome
10-06-2015, 09:50 AM
10-12, still. He's 10th for me right now.

Naero
10-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Nothing really to re-evaluate about Kobe's legacy, unless he he improves the longevity facet of his legacy tremendously this season.

Players' legacies are evaluated primarily on the years they were expected to perform at a high level based on their physical state; those years are obviously long gone in the rear-view mirror from Kobe, and unless he exceeds expectations at this post-prime age--which would improve his longevity--there isn't anything to re-evaluate regarding his legacy.

His legacy is bound to plateau for a while until some of the modern-day all-time greats surpass him.

feyki
10-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Kobe is top 3.
MJ
Lebron
Kobe

:bowdown: master of basketball .

Gileraracer
10-06-2015, 11:17 AM
LeBron fam unite!

#1 Lebron
#2 Lebron
#3 Lebron
#4 Lebron
#5 KENG
#6 Lebron
#7 Lebron
#8 Lebron
#9 Lebron
#10 MJ
#100 Kobe

LEBRON FAM UNITE

#KENG

riseagainst
10-06-2015, 02:10 PM
:lol @ some of the posts in this thread.

HOoopCityJones
10-06-2015, 02:19 PM
10-12, still. He's 10th for me right now.

If Kobe is 10, that means Duncan must be at 14 or 15. :lol

All time
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan

Meanwhile....

Duncan

Shaq

Kobe

@ sucking d!ck

dubeta
10-06-2015, 02:21 PM

All time
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan

Meanwhile....

Are you stupid?

Add up MVPs and FMVPs

Duncan - 5

Shaq - 4

Kobe - 3

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

riseagainst
10-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Are you stupid?

Add up MVPs and FMVPs

Duncan - 5

Shaq - 4

Kobe - 3

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe

so does this mean MJ > Lebron since 11 > 6?
inb4 criteria change

dubeta
10-06-2015, 02:23 PM
so does this mean MJ > Lebron since 11 > 6?

1. MJ - 11

2. Kareem - 8

3. LeBron - 6

24-Inch_Chrome
10-06-2015, 02:26 PM

Duncan is at 5, Shaq is at 7.

Kobe is tiered with Bron(9)/Hakeem(11)/Oscar(12). Honestly doesn't deserve the amount of attention he gets, same thing goes for LeBron.

HOoopCityJones
10-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Shaq is at 5, Kobe is at 7.

Kobe is tiered with Duncan(9)/Lebron(11)/Hakeem(12). Honestly doesn't deserve the amount of attention he gets, same thing goes for LeBron.

fixed for accuracy.

Only in your pretty little Spurs Stanley heart is Duncan above two guys who have made a career out of raping his best Spurs Teams.:oldlol:

Shit, forget Kobe. Duncan doesn't have shit on Shaq period.

24-Inch_Chrome
10-06-2015, 02:37 PM
fixed for accuracy.

Only in your pretty little Spurs Stanley heart is Duncan above two guys who have made a career out of raping his best Spurs Teams.:oldlol:

Shit, forget Kobe. Duncan doesn't have shit on Shaq period.

I'm now a Spurs stan? :oldlol:

Stay willfully ignorant, goodbye. :cheers:

HOoopCityJones
10-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Concession accepted.

You have no argument for Duncan being over Shaq much less Kobe.

I'll say again, they dominated this man , and he only started winning again once they both had injuries in 03 and came apart at the seams the very next year in 04. Even Pop and Duncan themselves will tell you their biggest obstacle were The Lakers, specifically Kobe Bean Bryant.

That's why you hate him the most.

24-Inch_Chrome
10-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Duncan has the accolades, dominant two way play, intangibles, success, longevity, and skill to make it into the top-5.

He trumps Kobe on every category that I listed with the possible exception of skill. More/better accolades, more impactful two way player, GOAT-tier intangibles/leadership, more impressive individual success, extreme (and ongoing) longevity as a positive impact player who remains integral to his team's success.

Your only option is falling back to head to head and acting like it was Kobe who was the sole reason for any team success. Kobe (and LeBron, for that matter) are great players...but their exaggerated degree of greatness is more a figment of the media and their rabid fans than actual, tangible factors.

ISHGoat
10-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Concession accepted.

You have no argument for Duncan being over Shaq much less Kobe.

I'll say again, they dominated this man , and he only started winning again once they both had injuries in 03 and came apart at the seams the very next year in 04. Even Pop and Duncan themselves will tell you their biggest obstacle were The Lakers, specifically Kobe Bean Bryant.

That's why you hate him the most.

Uhhh what the ****?

Duncan > Shaq > Kobe and it isn't really debatable either..

Derka
10-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Of course he is.

HOoopCityJones
10-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Duncan has the accolades, dominant two way play, intangibles, success, longevity, and skill to make it into the top-5.

He trumps Kobe on every category that I listed with the possible exception of skill. More/better accolades, more impactful two way player, GOAT-tier intangibles/leadership, more impressive individual success, extreme (and ongoing) longevity as a positive impact player who remains integral to his team's success.

Your only option is falling back to head to head and acting like it was Kobe who was the sole reason for any team success. Kobe (and LeBron, for that matter) are great players...but their exaggerated degree of greatness is more a figment of the media and their rabid fans than actual, tangible factors.

Kobe has more points, assists and more All NBA and defensive Teams and he's played at a higher level for longer than Tim Duncan.

Wtf are you talking about right now? media driven awards, what about Gold medals? Tim's International play has been scarce since his loss in 04. You spurs fans are delusional , keep pretending Tim is leading these Teams when it's been Tony since 07. You in particular seem to dismiss Tony Parker whenever he's brought up. Wonder why. :coleman:

If you wanna argue stats and efficiency , Duncan doesn't even compare to Shaq or even Karl Malone.

dubeta
10-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Kobe has more points, assists and more All NBA and defensive Teams and he's played at a higher level for longer than Tim Duncan.

Wtf are you talking about right now? media driven awards, what about Gold medals? Tim's International play has been scarce since his loss in 04. You spurs fans are delusional , keep pretending Tim is leading these Teams when it's been Tony since 07. You in particular seem to dismiss Tony Parker whenever he's brought up. Wonder why. :coleman:

If you wanna argue stats and efficiency , Duncan doesn't even compare to Shaq or even Karl Malone.

Lol you seriously believe Kobe is Top 25 all-time? :roll:

ralph_i_el
10-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Kobe is definitely top-25 all time

riseagainst
10-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Kobe is definitely top 1000 all time.

Bankaii
10-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Please tell me this Hoop guy is a troll:roll:
Dude is just ignorant. Quit letting your fandom of Kobe make you look so foolish.
Duncan>Shaq>Kobe as far as GOAT rankings go. Most objective fans would agree.

T_L_P
10-06-2015, 06:14 PM

Duncan has 30 All-NBA + All-D teams.

I think Kobe has 27.

Also, your point about Kobe's teams beating Duncan's is a complete misnomer.

Kobe and Shaq are two top 10 players of all time, and they beat Duncan in their primes.

Duncan's best player was a 35+ year old, completely broken down Robinson.

It should be more about their actual play in those games/series (even though they play completely different positions).

And yes, Kobe did probably outplay Duncan overall, but if that's the crux of your argument, you really haven't got much.

You saying Duncan has no case over Kobe is so laughable.

The dude has more All-NBA/All-D teams, more MVPs, more Finals MVPs, better stats (raw and advanced), more leadership qualities, he's 7 foot tall which lends itself to a greater impact right off the bat.

By most traditional standards, it's Duncan. Kobe is the one whose case needs to be made, not the other way around.

outbreak
10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
I have him at 11. Don't see any way he cracks top ten unless he wins a title this year which isn't happening. Lebron's at 12 for me but he has time to jump to 10th or 9th

24-Inch_Chrome
10-06-2015, 06:23 PM
I had a post typed out but T_L_P's will more than suffice.

One thing I do have to add; you think that Tony Parker has led the Spurs since 2007? :roll:

One of the dumbest things I've ever read on ISH.

dubeta
10-06-2015, 06:40 PM
PER states

LeBron > Shaq > Duncan > Kobe

GIF REACTION
10-06-2015, 06:47 PM
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Russell
5. Wilt
6. Lebron
7. Duncan
8. Bird
9. Shaq
10. Kobe

Lebron23
10-07-2015, 02:57 AM
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Russell
5. Wilt
6. Lebron
7. Duncan
8. Bird
9. Shaq
10. Kobe

Remove Kobe, and put Hakeem in the top 10.

Magic 32
10-07-2015, 03:31 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/simmons_pyramid.html

Prime_Shaq
10-07-2015, 03:42 AM
Shaq =/> Duncan > LeBron > Kobe

But yes Kobe is Top 25 all-time

dubeta
10-07-2015, 03:45 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/simmons_pyramid.html

The biggest Kobe stan ranked him #8?

Shocking.

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 04:45 AM

Shocking.

Errr....

Simmons has been one of the biggest Kobe haters/detractors for most of his career. Only recently he's "come around" on Kobe but still gets his shots in here and there.

The point our friend is trying to make that if one of the biggest haters/Kobe detractors ever has him ranked at #8, then that's the absolute BOTTOM of how low Kobe can be ranked in the all time list.

It also indicates that he's probably actually higher, somewhere in the Top 5. Since thats where most neutral bball fans would rank him.

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 04:46 AM
Remove Kobe, and put Hakeem in the top 10.

Dat Finals losing record has made you rather insecure. :applause:

Lebron23
10-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Dat Finals losing record has made you rather insecure. :applause:

I am not even serious. I have Kobe at 9 or 10.

riseagainst
10-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Shocking.

:biggums:

sdot_thadon
10-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Errr....

Simmons has been one of the biggest Kobe haters/detractors for most of his career. Only recently he's "come around" on Kobe but still gets his shots in here and there.

The point our friend is trying to make that if one of the biggest haters/Kobe detractors ever has him ranked at #8, then that's the absolute BOTTOM of how low Kobe can be ranked in the all time list.

It also indicates that he's probably actually higher, somewhere in the Top 5. Since thats where most neutral bball fans would rank him.
5 years of basketball since then remember. But he's top 10 for sure, mid to bottom.

rmt
10-07-2015, 03:54 PM

You might want to check your info before posting. Kobe does not have more all-nba or defensive teams than Duncan. They both have 15 all-nba teams. Duncan has 15 all-defensive teams and Kobe has 12 (some of them undeserved - purely on reputation). No sane person would think that Kobe has the same defensive impact as Duncan regardless of all-defensive teams.

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 06:52 PM
5 years of basketball since then remember. But he's top 10 for sure, mid to bottom.

Your point? :confusedshrug:

Unlike the fools here, players don't drop in Simmons' all-time rankings just because they aged or didn't match the peak of their success in their twilight. They can only go up, or have another player leapfrog them.

Besides you make it seem like the entire 5 seasons have been negative.

From 2011-2013:

- 3x AllStar (legit selections, not just legacy selections like the last two)

- 3x All-NBA First Team selections

- Climbed up to #3 on All Time Scoring List (2015)

- 2x All-Defensive Team selections (1 First team, 1 Second team)

- Had one of his personal GOAT individual regular seasons in 2013

- 1x All-Star MVP

24-Inch_Chrome
10-07-2015, 07:05 PM

Top 5 is where his stans rank him. Top 8-10 is closer to neutral.

TheBigVeto
10-07-2015, 09:25 PM
No

SouBeachTalents
10-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Errr....

Some of the biggest bullshit I've ever read

ISH: Kobe ranked 8th
Real GM: Kobe ranked 13th
Pro Sports Daily: Kobe ranked 10th
Slam 500: Kobe ranked 10th
Simmons: Kobe ranked 8th

Kobe ranks 8-10 by most fans

HOoopCityJones
10-07-2015, 11:55 PM

RealGM is shit how it pertains to ranking Kobe, it's full of guys pushing the advanced metric agenda like it's the new Islamic religion.

A bunch of pu$$ys basically.

HOoopCityJones
10-08-2015, 12:00 AM
You might want to check your info before posting. Kobe does not have more all-nba or defensive teams than Duncan. They both have 15 all-nba teams. Duncan has 15 all-defensive teams and Kobe has 12 (some of them undeserved - purely on reputation). No sane person would think that Kobe has the same defensive impact as Duncan regardless of all-defensive teams.

Damn, you're right..

However, no sane person would even begin to suggest Duncan has offensive impact of a prime Kobe Bryant or even a young sidekick Kobe. Kobe's better because he has high level offense with the qualities as strong defender in his own right to compliment it. Playmaking , Defense, high level offense trumps mediocre defense for a big and high level defense.

Duncan isn't even the best big in his era, and depending on the day you homers can't decide whether he's a PF or a Center.

Has *** guzzler Tim even dropped more than 50 pts before? :facepalm

I respect Timmy tho, Goat power forward.

stalkerforlife
10-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Kobe is absolutely top 2.5 all time. 2-3, depending on your preference.

IllegalD
10-08-2015, 12:13 AM

:roll: at you using ISH, Simmons and Real GM as examples of what "most fans" think. (especially as it pertains to Kobe) :facepalm

DaOldLion
10-08-2015, 12:16 AM
:roll: at you using ISH, Simmons and Real GM as examples of what "most fans" think. (especially as it pertains to Kobe) :facepalm

yeah man don't you know that the opinion of internet trolls and a Celtics homer holds more merit than the opinions of guys like KD & Wade and all time greats like bird and jordan /sarcasm

24-Inch_Chrome
10-08-2015, 12:16 AM
RealGM is shit how it pertains to ranking Kobe, it's full of guys pushing the advanced metric agenda like it's the new Islamic religion.

A bunch of pu$$ys basically.

Damn, ignorance on multiple levels. I'm impressed. :applause:

IllegalD
10-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Damn, ignorance on multiple levels. I'm impressed. :applause:

Go eat some poutine out of Kyle Lowry's ass you canadian piece of sh*t. :applause: