PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe and Monroe

kshutts1
07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
These are clearly the two biggest names left in FA. Why is everything so quiet on their respective fronts? Where are they going?

Is PHX just going to match literally any offer that Bledsoe gets, and every team knows that, so no one offers anything? Same with Monroe and Detroit?

Is it possible for PHX and DET to execute a S&T of both players? Bledsoe for Monroe, straight up. Seems like that move would benefit both squads equally. Does that make too much sense to actually happen?

navy
07-20-2014, 08:05 PM
They arent unrestricted free agents....

TheMilkyBarKid
07-20-2014, 08:06 PM
There is rumours about josh smith to the kings which would allow Detroit to resign Monroe and would be great for them moving forward.

kshutts1
07-20-2014, 08:11 PM
There is rumours about josh smith to the kings which would allow Detroit to resign Monroe and would be great for them moving forward.
I've heard that rumor. Would make things interesting. Depending on what Sacramento would give up, obviously. Smith makes a lot of money...

To4
07-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Let the Moose loose!!

kshutts1
07-20-2014, 08:12 PM
They arent unrestricted free agents....
Can teams only S&T unrestricted FAs? That doesn't make sense, but not making sense doesn't mean it's not correct.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Bledsoe to the Bucks.

navy
07-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Can teams only S&T unrestricted FAs? That doesn't make sense, but not making sense doesn't mean it's not correct.
Not exactly.

Teams can sign and trade any player,

but restricted free agents can be offered contracts by other teams but the team the player is currently on has the opportunity to match the contract and retain the player. Unrestricted free agents can do what they want.

Greg Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents, so basically they are confined to their teams unless someone makes a high bid on them. I think people are just gonna wait until next year where they can pay them on he open market.

Milbuck
07-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Bledsoe to the Bucks.
I wish..

We got Bayless and Marshall instead :facepalm

highwhey
07-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Suns offered Bledsoe 4/48m. He hasn't bitten though. And Suns have reportedly been interested in Monroe for a long time now. I think they'll make him an offer pretty soon.

If we could keep Bledsoe while getting Monroe, this 48 win team is instantly a playoff team. I don't see Detroit letting him go for nothing though :/

WhySoInsecure?
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Shump / Early / Bargs for Monroe.

Pistons get a shooting guard and a big who can stretch the floor, opening up space for Drummond and Smith.
Knicks get a center who'd be a perfect fit for the triangle.

Calderon / Timmy / Melo / Amare / Monroe should be enough to make them a solid playoff team in the east.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 09:44 PM
I wish..

I think you guys should definitely offer him a contract in the range of 4 years 55-60 mil.

Considering PHX just signed Isiah Thomas and have Dragic, I think there's a strong chance they wouldn't match.

Giannis/Parker/Bledose is a hell of an exciting young trio going forward.

Bledsoe
Knight/Mayo
Giannis
Parker
Sanders/Henson

That's a playoff team in the East next season.

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 10:30 PM
I think you guys should definitely offer him a contract in the range of 4 years 55-60 mil.

Considering PHX just signed Isiah Thomas and have Dragic, I think there's a strong chance they wouldn't match.

Giannis/Parker/Bledose is a hell of an exciting young trio going forward.

Bledsoe
Knight/Mayo
Giannis
Parker
Sanders/Henson

That's a playoff team in the East next season.

No, it's not.

A team with Larry Sanders and a rookie in their starting frontcourt and Eric Bledsoe as their primary ball handler, with OJ Mayo and John Henson rounding out their rotation and Jason Kidd on the bench is not making the playoffs :facepalm

I get it that you like Bled because he played for the Clippers but come on mayne. Be real here.

kshutts1
07-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Not exactly.

but restricted free agents can be offered contracts by other teams but the team the player is currently on has the opportunity to match the contract and retain the player. Unrestricted free agents can do what they want.

Greg Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents, so basically they are confined to their teams unless someone makes a high bid on them. I think people are just gonna wait until next year where they can pay them on he open market.
I appreciate the lesson, but I thought that the OP made it clear that I knew what restricted FA entailed. Just was not sure if they could be S&T for each other.

Would be a great fit from both sides, honestly, and both players are worth about the same.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 10:38 PM
No, it's not.

A team with Larry Sanders and a rookie in their starting frontcourt and Eric Bledsoe as their primary ball handler, with OJ Mayo and John Henson rounding out their rotation and Jason Kidd on the bench is not making the playoffs :facepalm

I get it that you like Bled because he played for the Clippers but come on mayne. Be real here.

Did you watch the East last season, bruh? I mean they wouldn't be lock, be they certainly would have a shot at it.

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Did you watch the East last season, bruh? I mean they wouldn't be lock, be they certainly would have a shot at it.

And which playoff team from LAST year would that team be better than, let alone the fact that now the Cavs are a playoff team in addition to last years 8.

That Bucks team has no chance even with Bledsoe. Its not a good squad. Bledsoe is a role player and so are all of them, and theyre too young, and theyre not deep, and Kidd is coaching.

Its not a playoff team.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 11:17 PM
And which playoff team from LAST year would that team be better than, let alone the fact that now the Cavs are a playoff team in addition to last years 8.

That Bucks team has no chance even with Bledsoe. Its not a good squad. Bledsoe is a role player and so are all of them, and theyre too young, and theyre not deep, and Kidd is coaching.

Its not a playoff team.

Role players don't average 18/6/5 on 48 percent shooting for 48 win team in the WC. You're underrating Bledsoe.

Akrazotile
07-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Role players don't average 18/6/5 on 48 percent shooting for 48 win team in the WC. You're underrating Bledsoe.

I guess our definition of role player is different.

In my opinion, if you're not elite, you're a role player. Guys who combine volume scoring WITH efficiency, AND do other things at a high level are elite. Lebron, Duncan, Shaq are the only truly elite studs of the post-Jordan era in my opinion. There is no logical grounds to call them role players because having them on any team makes that team at least a contender. Players who can do that for ANY team in the league is an extremely short list.

Guys who who aren't known for their all-around game but can score volume WITH great efficiency and are matchup problems are borderline elite. Dirk, Durant. Or a guy who is a great scorer with volume and efficiency and a rebound monster like Barkley. Or a KG. And point guards who maybe can't actually carry a contender but can really push them to overachieve like a Kidd or a CP3.

I mean bro, basketball is a team game, and unless you're truly special you need to be playing your role within the team concept. It doesn't mean you aren't a good, valuable player. Bledsoe, Carmelo, Love, Bosh, Derozan, even going back to prime Ginobili, Vince, Pierce etc. you don't put these guys on a team and just say "make something happen" and expect it to get anywhere. They are ROLE PLAYERS. It doesn't matter if the media wants them to play hero ball and chuck for stats so that they can sell shoes. The actuality is they are ROLE PLAYERS. And if they don't play their role, if they try to do more? Well, go look at how successful those guys have been in circumstances like that. Because they haven't been.

Stats mean next to nothing. How badly did the Clippers regret that big contract to Kaman after he had one good statistical season? Was Kaman a superstar? No. Bledsoe is a nice piece, but the point of basketball is winning and no team will contend with Bledsoe being anything more than a ROLE PLAYER.

LoneyROY7
07-20-2014, 11:44 PM
I guess our definition of role player is different.

In my opinion, if you're not elite, you're a role player. Guys who combine volume scoring WITH efficiency, AND do other things at a high level are elite. Lebron, Duncan, Shaq are the only truly elite studs of the post-Jordan era in my opinion. There is no logical grounds to call them role players because having them on any team makes that team at least a contender. Players who can do that for ANY team in the league is an extremely short list.

Guys who who aren't known for their all-around game but can score volume WITH great efficiency and are matchup problems are borderline elite. Dirk, Durant. Or a guy who is a great scorer with volume and efficiency and a rebound monster like Barkley. Or a KG. And point guards who maybe can't actually carry a contender but can really push them to overachieve like a Kidd or a CP3.

I mean bro, basketball is a team game, and unless you're truly special you need to be playing your role within the team concept. It doesn't mean you aren't a good, valuable player. Bledsoe, Carmelo, Love, Bosh, Derozan, even going back to prime Ginobili, Vince, Pierce etc. you don't put these guys on a team and just say "make something happen" and expect it to get anywhere. They are ROLE PLAYERS. It doesn't matter if the media wants them to play hero ball and chuck for stats so that they can sell shoes. The actuality is they are ROLE PLAYERS. And if they don't play their role, if they try to do more? Well, go look at how successful those guys have been in circumstances like that. Because they haven't been.

Stats mean next to nothing. How badly did the Clippers regret that big contract to Kaman after he had one good statistical season? Was Kaman a superstar? No. Bledsoe is a nice piece, but the point of basketball is winning and no team will contend with Bledsoe being anything more than a ROLE PLAYER.

Fair enough. I guess our definitions are different. I am by no means saying Bledsoe is a superstar, but I do believe he can ultimately be an integral piece to a contending team.

I think Giannis and Jabari have the talent to be a devastating duo down the line...mix in Bledsoe in as a your 3rd option and PG, and I think you a high-potential and exciting team.

hawkfan
07-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Double sign and trade.
Both players get Mac.
Bledsoe for Monroe.

hawksdogsbraves
07-20-2014, 11:54 PM

Nah, they wouldn't be close. Did you watch the Bucks last year? Adding Parker and Bledsoe would not win them 30 more games than last season.

boozehound
07-21-2014, 12:20 AM
I wish..

You guys will be a much better team this year, no doubt in my mind

boozehound
07-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Shump / Early / Bargs for Monroe.

Pistons get a shooting guard and a big who can stretch the floor, opening up space for Drummond and Smith.
Knicks get a center who'd be a perfect fit for the triangle.

Calderon / Timmy / Melo / Amare / Monroe should be enough to make them a solid playoff team in the east.
He would be great in the triangle. Dont see the pistons letting him go for that (2nd round pick, super disappointing big [even if he is expiring] and shump)

bdreason
07-21-2014, 12:29 AM
I'm surprised somebody hasn't thrown a max deal at Monroe.

Bledsoe will end up taking that 4y 48m offer unless he's an idiot.

Akrazotile
07-21-2014, 12:55 AM
You guys will be a much better team this year, no doubt in my mind

They're still not a playoff team.

If they are I will retire. :lol

hawkfan
07-21-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm surprised somebody hasn't thrown a max deal at Monroe.

Bledsoe will end up taking that 4y 48m offer unless he's an idiot.

Hawks should have.

SwishSquared
07-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Not exactly.

Teams can execute double S&Ts, even with restricted free agents (as far as I know). The players must agree to sign with the other squad, but if salaries match & both teams and both players consent, this is possible. Would be interesting to see if this would work for everybody.

boozehound
07-21-2014, 01:23 AM
They're still not a playoff team.

If they are I will retire. :lol
probably not. I wonder how much Knight loses playing time.....