PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the LeBron "GOAT" myth

IllegalD
07-20-2014, 09:03 PM
The guy collapsed in the 2011 Finals with the most stacked team ever.
He has a losing finals record (2-3 or 2 out of 5)
Spent his entire career in the Leastern Conference.
Going off on lottery teams like Bobacts = GOAT?

JohnFreeman
07-20-2014, 09:04 PM
The guy collapsed in the 2011 Finals with the most stacked team ever.
He has a losing finals record (2-3 or 2 out of 5)
Spent his entire career in the Leastern Conference.
Going off on lottery teams like Bobacts = GOAT?
You actually believe this?

Prometheus
07-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Even on this retarded forum, there are only like 2 or 3 idiots who think LeBron is actually GOAT. Most just recognize him as an all-time great.

GODbe
07-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Honestly, this doesn't deserve a thread. Only a select few autistic kids think he's GOAT material. The masses of intelligent minds will say Kobe.

IllegalD
07-20-2014, 09:07 PM
I guess if GOAT was determined by meaningless, media-voted regular season MVPs and carefully padded FG%, and media-hyped, fabricated storylines about "coming home" made to take attention away from the fact that he has a losing finals record, then yes, LeBron is the "GOAT"... :lol

Kvnzhangyay
07-20-2014, 10:14 PM
I guess if GOAT was determined by meaningless, media-voted regular season MVPs and carefully padded FG%, and media-hyped, fabricated storylines about "coming home" made to take attention away from the fact that he has a losing finals record, then yes, LeBron is the "GOAT"... :lol

Carefully padded FG%- > still one of leading scorers in NBA. Guess everyone is padding their FG% also?

dubeta
07-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Once lebron beats jordan in career PER next year to claim the 1st spot, he is undisputed GOAT, anyone who denies is a blind homer

gts
07-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Lebron's story is still not written... long ways to go before you can seriously start trying to place him in all time rankings

el gringos
07-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Lebron is the GOAT Athlete. Nobody has ever had that size/speed combo before. Nobody says he's the goat overall player do they?

Collie
07-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Common sense. Nobody really thinks LBJ is the GOAT. At most, it's all a couple of trolls getting people riled up.

dubeta
07-20-2014, 11:56 PM
if you guys can tell me another player who shoots 57% from the field and 38% from the 3 then i'll say bran isnt GOAT

Marchesk
07-21-2014, 01:20 AM
if you guys can tell me another player who shoots 57% from the field and 38% from the 3 then i'll say bran isnt GOAT

If you can tell me another guy who can shoot 68% from the field while getting 24 boards and handing out 8 assists, I'll say Wilt isn't the GOAT.

fiddy
07-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Lebron is the GOAT Athlete. Nobody has ever had that size/speed combo before. Nobody says he's the goat overall player do they?
peptides

Dragic4Life
07-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Not a myth.

BlkMambaGOAT
07-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Not a myth.
False. Myths CAN be true. Lebron being the GOAT is simply not possible.

theaussieguy
07-21-2014, 04:03 AM
its blatantly obvious hes not, tbh, whenever lebron does something amazing, I actually am surprised. When the clock is winding down and he decides to take the last shot, I am surprised, even more so if he hits it.

The reality is, whenever Lebron is playing I am always doubting him. He doesn't instill me with much confidence that he can deliver in the clutch. How the **** can you be the GOAT when the vast majority of level headed realists feel the same way?

In Jordans era, it wasn't if he was going to win, it was how and thats not even a stretch. I am sorry to all you genuine Lebron fans out there, but that aura that surrounded Jordan, its not there with Lebron. Still top 10 player no doubt, but the GOAT? delusional

GimmeThat
07-21-2014, 04:09 AM
its blatantly obvious hes not, tbh, whenever lebron does something amazing, I actually am surprised. When the clock is winding down and he decides to take the last shot, I am surprised, even more so if he hits it.

The reality is, whenever Lebron is playing I am always doubting him. He doesn't instill me with much confidence that he can deliver in the clutch. How the **** can you be the GOAT when the vast majority of level headed realists feel the same way?

In Jordans era, it wasn't if he was going to win, it was how and thats not even a stretch. I am sorry to all you genuine Lebron fans out there, but that aura that surrounded Jordan, its not there with Lebron. Still top 10 player no doubt, but the GOAT? delusional

that's what happens when you lose, especially in the finals, during your suppose to be prime years.

dubeta
07-21-2014, 04:50 AM
lebron is already the goat

Yankstar
07-21-2014, 05:03 AM
Honestly lemme know where you work at so I can meet you up and smack the shit out of you...then after ill stomp on your head til I see you stopped breathing you flying flying Ph^ggot mother fvcker :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:biggums:

Dark side of ISH? :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
07-21-2014, 05:05 AM
lebron is already the goat

goat at losing in the Finals. :rockon:

JohnFreeman
07-21-2014, 05:07 AM
goat at losing in the Finals. :rockon:
That's Jerry West, the NBA logo :lol