PDA

View Full Version : Coach K: "I would trade for Kevin Love"

Dr.J4ever
07-21-2014, 01:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24631063/coach-k-not-one-second-of-hesitancy-id-trade-wiggins-for-kevin-love

Krzyzewski went on to make the "you know what you've got" argument with Love, which essentially stipulates that while Wiggins' ceiling may be higher, his actual value is unknown, vs. with Love, you know you're getting an All-Star caliber player.

bagelred
07-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Whenever you can bring a guy in who's never made the playoffs, ya just HAVE to do it.

KyrieTheFuture
07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
He's the coach of Duke of course he prefers the white player

RoundMoundOfReb
07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
he coached love on team USA no surprise he'd say this...but i agree with him

RoundMoundOfReb
07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Whenever you can bring a guy in who's never made the playoffs, ya just HAVE to do it.
melo wasnt a good player last season? KG wasn't good in 07?

hawksdogsbraves
07-21-2014, 02:46 PM

Nope, and every single player on the Cavs not named LeBron is garbage too. Goran Dragic sucks, Boogie Cousins is a failure, and Anthony Davis puts up empty stats.

Jailblazers7
07-21-2014, 02:46 PM

Melo made the playoffs his rookie year and KG made it in his 2nd year.

bagelred
07-21-2014, 02:50 PM
You know, if Kevin Love doesn't make the playoffs 3 more times in a row, he'll be considered a Top 3 player in this league...because the more you don't make the playoffs, the better you get.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Melo made the playoffs his rookie year and KG made it in his 2nd year.
neither made the playoffs in the years i pointed out..give prime KG his '07 cast in a tough western conference and he isnt making the playoffs...same with Melo with his current cast...doesnt mean anything...put the T wolves from last year in the East and they might be the 3rd best team...

Jailblazers7
07-21-2014, 03:00 PM
neither made the playoffs in the years i pointed out..give prime KG his '07 cast in a tough western conference and he isnt making the playoffs...same with Melo with his current cast...doesnt mean anything...put the T wolves from last year in the East and they might be the 3rd best team...

The point is that Love has never made the playoffs not that he missed it last year. Not totally fair because they were rebuilding and the team has made no significant moves around him but when you are considered a top 5 player you need to lead and win games. Just what it is.

Dirk led a mediocre at best Dallas team to a playoff spot last year. Sure he has Carlisle who is a great coach but are you gonna tell me that Dirk was surrounded by significantly more talent than Love last year?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-21-2014, 03:03 PM
The point is that Love has never made the playoffs not that he missed it last year. Not totally fair because they were rebuilding and the team has made no significant moves around him but when you are considered a top 5 player you need to lead and win games. Just what it is.

Dirk led a mediocre at best Dallas team to a playoff spot last year. Sure he has Carlisle who is a great coach but are you gonna tell me that Dirk was surrounded by significantly more talent than Love last year?

1. Yes I would say Dirk had a better Cast and Coaching combo than Love...

2. Being as good or better than Dirk is not the threshold for being a great/hgihly desirable player...Dirk even last year played at a HOF level and im not sure he wasnt the best PF in the game..I think EXTREMELY highly of Dirk..

Heavincent
07-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Yes, that's definitely it.

Roundball_Rock
07-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Coach K is correct. With Love you are getting a guaranteed top 10 player who presumably will have some top 5 seasons in his prime (Love is still only 25). He also will be able to contribute at a high level out the gate while it would take 19 year old Wiggins 2-3 years to reach that level. Look at how #1 picks turn out (excluding recent ones since it is early):

Superstar: Rose, Griffin, Howard, LeBron, Yao, Duncan, Iverson, Webber, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem
All-star: Irving, Wall, Brand, L. Johnson, Coleman, Manning, Daughtery, Worthy
Average starter: Bargani, Bogut, K-Mart, Smith, G. Robinson, Ellison
Bust: Oden, K. Brown, Olowokandi

How many of these players are/were better than Love? There is approximately a 50/50 chance Wiggins winds up better than Love.

wang4three
07-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Last time I checked, Kyrie went to Duke.

Nash
07-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Cleveland should do this trade and try to keep as many players as possible? You don't want another Miami scenario were the team is top heavy and dependent on 3 guys, with one of them having knee issues. Cavs should try to build a team of players that are young, fast and talented enough to create something. Keep Wiggins and his athletism, keep Dion Waiters, you need a scorer type like him who can score when Lebron is on the bench, or Thompson who can rebound and play inside. No need to go all Miami with bunch of shooters and Lebron, Kyrie and Love.

Less Chalmers, Rashard Lewis and Haslem and more Waiters, Wiggins and Thompson together with Lebron.

crisoner
07-21-2014, 03:23 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Love-and-Irving.jpg

Dont you guys want to see this come true? lol

sfballa13
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
If Cavs get Kevin Love and fail to make the finals, I would not be surprised to see Coach K come to the Cavs to coach Kyrie-Bron-Love and take over GM duties as well in role similar to SVG and Popovich

ralph_i_el
07-21-2014, 11:15 PM
If Cavs get Kevin Love and fail to make the finals, I would not be surprised to see Coach K come to the Cavs to coach Kyrie-Bron-Love and take over GM duties as well in role similar to SVG and Popovich
0% chance of happening. Going from a cushy college job to having control of basketball ops top down....neither coach k or dan gilbert would want that

hawksdogsbraves
07-21-2014, 11:34 PM
0% chance of happening. Going from a cushy college job to having control of basketball ops top down....neither coach k or dan gilbert would want that

I think Coach K is too old to want to try, but didn't the Cavs offer Coach Cal pretty much exactly that?