PDA

View Full Version : NBA Flopping Influence on kids

InfiniteBaskets
07-21-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDK0wlEJvU

When will kids start getting the "protect the shooter" calls?

DaSeba5
07-21-2014, 03:41 PM
If I was his father I wouldn't let him play until he apologized.

oh the horror
07-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Wow that's ridiculous.

Im Still Ballin
07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Honestly. Good play by the youngster. Sold it to perfection.

bballnoob1192
07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
If I was his father I wouldn't let him play until he apologized.
im pretty sure his dad taught him that shit so yea....

BlkMambaGOAT
07-21-2014, 03:45 PM
It was only a matter of time before the symptoms of Bandwagonitus reveal themselves.

DaSeba5
07-21-2014, 03:46 PM
im pretty sure his dad taught him that shit so yea....

IDK, he could have gotten it from watching the NBA.

gasolina
07-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Actually interested how travels / handchecking are called / not called with kids in the park nowadays. I play every weekend but usually with people my age (and lack of athletic prowess) so we still allow hand checking and still call travels like it used to.

No ****ing with that "two steps after control of the ball". Its just you dribble once then you're allowed a step, and the last two for a layup.

bballnoob1192
07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
IDK, he could have gotten it from watching the NBA.
i mean more like his dad prolly taught him that mentality of being bitchmade flopping *******, so no chance he would intervene.

MavsSuperFan
07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Why are people getting on kids for flopping?

We are in the era of the flopper.

Lebron, wade, CP3, Griffin, etc all flop and are the most marketable and popular NBA athletes.

InfiniteBaskets
07-21-2014, 05:15 PM

Lebron, wade, CP3, Griffin, etc all flop and are the most marketable and popular NBA athletes.

I'm not getting on kids for flopping, I'm point out that because the most popular NBA athletes are flopping, it is leading to kids flopping.

People should care about flopping, it hurts the image of basketball.

Spaulding
07-21-2014, 05:17 PM
What a lil bitch

stallionaire
07-21-2014, 05:18 PM
The kid should have been suspended for several games.

There should be a huge penalty for flopping at that age. First, if kids get away with it, it'll spread the false sense that it is apart of the game.

Also, kids can hurt themselves diving back onto their back so quickly to make it look real. Seriously unsafe shit.

Orlando Magic
07-21-2014, 05:19 PM
One day someone is going to flop backwards like that and hit their head/neck on something and die... or end a teammate's career by taking out their knees... then things might change... maybe.

Kvnzhangyay
07-21-2014, 05:19 PM

I wouldn't say that, its just the media nowadays allows us to capture flop moments much more easily, I mean I still remember Magic and Laimbeer throwing their arms up sometimes

The Choken One
07-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Actually interested how travels / handchecking are called / not called with kids in the park nowadays. I play every weekend but usually with people my age (and lack of athletic prowess) so we still allow hand checking and still call travels like it used to.
Traveling almost never gets called around the basket unless it's completely ridiculous. 2 steps is generally accepted.

As for hand checking, just depends who you play. I'll hand check 3 or 4 games in a row with no one bitching, then I'll go against some pus bag who cries everytime you touch him.

stallionaire
07-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Traveling almost never gets called around the basket unless it's completely ridiculous. 2 steps is generally accepted.

As for hand checking, just depends who you play. I'll hand check 3 or 4 games in a row with no one bitching, then I'll go against some pus bag who cries everytime you touch him.

Who allows travelling? I play with people who call it religiously. Bounce, 2 steps and that's it. Anything more and you score, the point gets wiped.

Handchecking is allowed and we don't call shooting fouls unless it's ridiculous.

Rake2204
07-21-2014, 06:30 PM
I've always been curious of the circumstances in that situation in the video posted. It sounds like the parents were complaining before the inbound even occurred. I'm still not sure this justifies anything, but perhaps the opposing team did something unsavory the possession prior and the kid answered with his own form of a crap play as a means of retaliation, kind of a "Oh, so it's going to be like that? Fair enough.".

Or on the other hand, maybe the flopper's team was the one playing lame basketball to begin with (sounds like a parent says something about tackle basketball before the play) and his flop was just the icing on the cake of unsavory play by that club.

Magic 32
07-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks Lebron. What a gift for future generations.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8655159#post8655159

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KnO8sik8e0c/U3GRgCXU2WI/AAAAAAAAGek/5khN-bEjnn0/s1600/2.gif

http://i.giflike.com/AuPKeJO.gif

http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2014/02/MqQKSQ.gif

Skyscraper
07-21-2014, 06:58 PM
in streetball where I play, there is a ton of handchecking, illegal screens, and pushes in midair when you get past your man. 1980s style baby.

instead of bi tching and moaning, just workout that upper body strength until you can power through your opponents and yell And1 on them

Rake2204
07-21-2014, 07:06 PM
in streetball where I play, there is a ton of handchecking, illegal screens, and pushes in midair when you get past your man. 1980s style baby.

instead of bi tching and moaning, just workout that upper body strength until you can power through your opponents and yell And1 on themI'm cool with handchecking and slightly illegal screens (the ones that do not double as downfield blocks) but I cannot roll with outright pushes while in midair. For me, it's not even about toughness at that point, it's just flat out silly. It takes a very minimal amount of pushing contact with a player's midsection while he is airborne to create a potentially catastrophic situation.

atljonesbro
07-21-2014, 07:11 PM

instead of bi tching and moaning, just workout that upper body strength until you can power through your opponents and yell And1 on them
Sad no one taught yall how to play defense. Just physically assault people on the court instead since you're not talented enough to stay in front of your man.

rknine15
07-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Good vet move by the white kid :applause: