http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrKf_kF_-3s

fvck that, start the video at 4:45

Foster5k
07-21-2014, 07:01 PM
"This aint TV! This real!" - G.O.A.T

played0ut
07-21-2014, 07:04 PM
yeah saw this years ago.

He started the pickup games to prepare himself better for his NBA return. I forgot who, but IIRC, one of the players that played said in an interview that he had no idea why he went. All he did was help MJ get better only to lose to him in the playoffs. :oldlol:

sportjames23
07-21-2014, 07:45 PM
yeah saw this years ago.

He started the pickup games to prepare himself better for his NBA return. I forgot who, but IIRC, one of the players that played said in an interview that he had no idea why he went. All he did was help MJ get better only to lose to him in the playoffs. :oldlol:

MJ--keeping friends close and enemies closer. :bowdown:

Rake2204
07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
yeah saw this years ago.

He started the pickup games to prepare himself better for his NBA return. I forgot who, but IIRC, one of the players that played said in an interview that he had no idea why he went. All he did was help MJ get better only to lose to him in the playoffs. :oldlol:Not to be a stickler for details, but I think those scrimmages were after his return, no? Either way, same difference, he wanted to get his game back on point. I feel a little old for remembering when Sportscenter briefly reported on the Jordan Dome during filming of Space Jam.

Here's some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhmyMPIjpA

AboutBuckets
07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Not to be a stickler for details, but I think those scrimmages were after his return, no? Either way, same difference, he wanted to get his game back on point. I feel a little old for remembering when Sportscenter briefly reported on the Jordan Dome during filming of Space Jam.

Damn great link man :cheers:

played0ut
07-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Not to be a stickler for details, but I think those scrimmages were after his return, no? Either way, same difference, he wanted to get his game back on point. I feel a little old for remembering when Sportscenter briefly reported on the Jordan Dome during filming of Space Jam.

yeah i remembered wrong.

I think it was after getting dropped out by Orlando during '95. He wanted to get back on point and prepare for '96.

And funny story about Larry Legend while filming Space Jam :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

The movie people really took care of us. They had this big room in the hotel filled with food, drinks, anything you wanted. One cooler had beer, another had soda, another had sandwiches. And then there was this big cooler marked MICHAEL ONLY.

You weren't supposed to touch that one, because it was all Michael Jordan's special stuff they flew in just for him. So one day Bill Murray and I are sitting in there, and I go over to Michael's cooler and lift up the lid.

There was this girl there, and her only job was to make sure everything was just right for Michael Jordan, and she starts yelling at me, "Larry, you can't go in there!" I said, "What are you talking about? That's bull. Everyone here is family." She was getting all nervous and said,"No, no. Those are all the things Michael told me he wanted, and if you take something out of there, Michael won't be able to have it, and we just can't let that happen!"

Bill Murray is laughing the whole time listening to this, because whenever Michael walked into the room he always went to one of the other coolers and pulled something out, just like the rest of us. He hardly ever opened his own cooler.

Anyhow, I waited until the girl left, then I reached in and started grabbing stuff out of Michael's cooler and throwing it out to the crew, all over the set. I threw it everywhere! Gatorade bottles, some special drink he liked, candy bars ... She was so mad at me.

For the rest of our stay, every time I went by that cooler I took something out.

DonDadda59
07-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Brian McKnight wasn't bout dat life.

sportjames23
07-21-2014, 09:16 PM
yeah i remembered wrong.

I think it was after getting dropped out by Orlando during '95. He wanted to get back on point and prepare for '96.

And funny story about Larry Legend while filming Space Jam :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LOL, Larry did not give a single f*ck. :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
07-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Further proof that Bird is the GOAT. Doesn't give a f*ck about MJ's cooler.

9erempiree
07-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Goat going to Goat

Yes, indeed.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306322

dreamwarrior
07-21-2014, 09:50 PM
He only "retired" for 60 games.

sportjames23
07-21-2014, 10:25 PM

He missed the entire 1993-1994 season and most of the 1994-1995 season. That's way more than 60 games, son.

f0und
07-21-2014, 10:29 PM

in two seasons he played only 19-ish games. so you're off by about 85 games.

Rake2204
07-21-2014, 10:35 PM
yeah i remembered wrong.

Originally Posted by Bird Watching
The movie people really took care of us. They had this big room in the hotel filled with food, drinks, anything you wanted. One cooler had beer, another had soda, another had sandwiches. And then there was this big cooler marked MICHAEL ONLY.

You weren't supposed to touch that one, because it was all Michael Jordan's special stuff they flew in just for him. So one day Bill Murray and I are sitting in there, and I go over to Michael's cooler and lift up the lid.

There was this girl there, and her only job was to make sure everything was just right for Michael Jordan, and she starts yelling at me, "Larry, you can't go in there!" I said, "What are you talking about? That's bull. Everyone here is family." She was getting all nervous and said,"No, no. Those are all the things Michael told me he wanted, and if you take something out of there, Michael won't be able to have it, and we just can't let that happen!"

Bill Murray is laughing the whole time listening to this, because whenever Michael walked into the room he always went to one of the other coolers and pulled something out, just like the rest of us. He hardly ever opened his own cooler.

Anyhow, I waited until the girl left, then I reached in and started grabbing stuff out of Michael's cooler and throwing it out to the crew, all over the set. I threw it everywhere! Gatorade bottles, some special drink he liked, candy bars ... She was so mad at me.

For the rest of our stay, every time I went by that cooler I took something out.Ha, good stuff.