Peak Shaq is the best player ever..

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:42 AM
We've yet to see peak Lebron.:facepalm

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Shaq > Lebron is ludicrous.:facepalm

This kid has definitely not seen Shaq during the threepeat. Tell me when LeBron doesn't choke in the NBA finals, oh wait 2011 finals and when allen bailed him out in 2013.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:44 AM

Best peak ever. I would personally take 2000 regular season shaq and 2001 playoff shaq over any jordan and I'm a huge jordan fan.

Heavincent
Shaq and Kobe and it's not close.

Dragic4Life
This kid has definitely not seen Shaq during the threepeat. Tell me when LeBron doesn't choke in the NBA finals, oh wait 2011 finals and when allen bailed him out in 2013.
I've seen Shaq during his 3-peat run don't get it twisted. I saw him carry a team of nobodies to 3 goddamn rings. Dominant, I know.

But to say Lebron is beneath Shaq is just stupid, because we've yet to see Lebron's peak, we DON'T KNOW how much better Lebron will be.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:45 AM
I've seen Shaq during his 3-peat run don't get it twisted. I saw him carry a team of nobodies to 3 goddamn rings. Dominant, I know.

But to say Lebron is beneath Shaq is just stupid, because we've yet to see Lebron's peak, we DON'T KNOW how much better Lebron will be.

Are you Brian Windhorst? Be honest.

dubeta
07-22-2014, 02:45 AM
LeBron and Wade wasnt even a duo

It was Bron and scrubs the last 2 years minimum

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:46 AM

While that is true, Shaq and Kobe also wasn't a duo.

It was Shaq and scrubs for the 3-peat.

LoneyROY7
07-22-2014, 02:47 AM

Wiggins > LeBron because we DON'T KNOW how much better he can be. :applause:

Soundwave
07-22-2014, 02:47 AM

That was Bran's peak. Player's don't magically get better in their 30s, especially those who rely on athleticism.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:48 AM

Is this a LeBron lover reunion in my forum. get out :pimp:

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:49 AM
That was Bran's peak. Player's don't magically get better in their 30s, especially those who rely on athleticism.

It does when you are a 13 year old in love with Bran's game.

Soundwave
07-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Lets replace LeBron + Wade combined with a 27 year old Shaq

C - Shaq
PF - Bosh
SF - Battier
SG - Allen
PG - Cole

I think this lineup probably wins 2 titles anyway :lol

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:50 AM
That's where most layman common fans are wrong about Lebron.

To say that Lebron "relies on athleticism" is straight up ignorant and shows that you have never watched him play a full game. For every season in his career Lebron has improved his overall game. "rely on athleticism" NO.

In about 2 years time I can see Lebron pulling out the dream shake every game to perfection and dominate like Hakeem.

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:51 AM

C - Shaq
PF - Bosh
SF - Battier
SG - Allen
PG - Cole

Sure.

Put peak Shaq on ANY TEAM in NBA history and they contend easily. So does Lebron though...

Soundwave
07-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Sure.

Put peak Shaq on ANY TEAM in NBA history and they contend easily. So does Lebron though...

So if you put Shaq on last year's 76ers they would contend? For what exactly? :lol

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Sure.

Replace Jordan with Lebron in the late 80s and they dont even beat the cavs and lebron would need a hospital near by after any game with the pistons.

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:53 AM
So if you put Shaq on last year's 76ers they would contend? For what exactly? :lol
Champion-fkin'-ship.

No team will fail to make the finals with peak Shaq. I believe wholeheartedly the same is with peak Lebron.

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Replace Jordan with Lebron in the late 80s and they dont even beat the cavs and lebron would need a hospital near by after any game with the pistons.
We talking bout Shaq or MJ?:facepalm

Stick to your own topic.

Soundwave
07-22-2014, 02:55 AM
That's where most layman common fans are wrong about Lebron.

To say that Lebron "relies on athleticism" is straight up ignorant and shows that you have never watched him play a full game. For every season in his career Lebron has improved his overall game. "rely on athleticism" NO.

In about 2 years time I can see Lebron pulling out the dream shake every game to perfection and dominate like Hakeem.

Yes you got me. I've never seen a full LeBron James game.

In 2 years he's going to go from a mediocre post player to pulling off Hakeem shakes too. :lol

I can't wait.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:55 AM
We talking bout Shaq or MJ?:facepalm

Stick to your own topic.

How about you explain how he could be replaced on any team and contend. You can say the same thing about Shaq. You put him on the MJ teams he wouldn't do much either. Just saying, I understand that you think they impact teams similarly. But in terms of peak Shaq, I would take him for a 3 year time period over LeBron in every era.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2014, 02:56 AM

C - Shaq
PF - Bosh
SF - Battier
SG - Allen
PG - Cole

Shaq lost with better teams than that multiple times.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 02:56 AM

In 2 years he's going to go from a mediocre post player to pulling off Hakeem shakes too. :lol

I can't wait.
:cheers: pure post right here

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:57 AM

I can't wait.
Have you seen the difference Lebron made to his post games from when he was a Cav to last year? Night and day.

Lebron will continue to improve on his game for at least the next 4 years. THAT will be when we see his peak. And by god I can't wait!

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 02:58 AM
Just saying, I understand that you think they impact teams similarly. But in terms of peak Shaq, I would take him for a 3 year time period over LeBron in every era.
Ok, say Shaq and Lebron both rookie in a same draft class.

You have the no.1 pick, who would you draft?

Soundwave
07-22-2014, 02:59 AM
Shaq lost with better teams than that multiple times.

Against better competition sure.

Against this Eastern Conference + two very old Spurs teams with Parker battling hamstring injuries both times + self imploding OKC ... yeah.

I like that squad's chances.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 03:00 AM

Shaq personally. I also like bigs and believe 7'1'' guy who runs like a guard is irreplaceable. And was very strong for a kid his size.

Soundwave

Shaq. I wouldn't even think twice about it either.

Unless you are getting the basketball equivalent of Neo (Michael Jordan who's like a cheat code that just wins every year with any good team) ... you take the dominant big every time.

Dragic4Life
Shaq personally. I also like bigs and believe 7'1'' guy who runs like a guard is irreplaceable.
Sure, it's a toss-up for me too depending on team need.

But you gotta admit, you CAN'T GO WRONG with either. Unless you're a Kobetard, that is a fact.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Sure, it's a toss-up for me too depending on team need.

But you gotta admit, you CAN'T GO WRONG with either. Unless you're a Kobetard, that is a fact.

Nah I guess opininated for me, I think Shaq is a no brainer. Surround him with shooters and you will contend in the east if it was in today's league. Similar thing can be said with LeBron; however, I think physically daunting and being a presence in the lane is better for a team I would want to create. Heck, I would probably have drafted Shaq over MJ if they were in the same draft class just because of my preferences.

I'm no Kobetard, I do realize he's not as efficient as many of the greats; nonetheless, a top 10 player IMO.

Dragic4Life
07-22-2014, 03:04 AM
Nah I guess opininated for me, I think Shaq is a no brainer. Surround him with shooters and you will contend in the east if it was in today's league. Similar thing can be said with LeBron; however, I think physically daunting and being a presence in the lane is better for a team I would want to create. Heck, I would probably have drafted Shaq over MJ if they were in the same draft class just because of my preferences.

I'm no Kobetard, I do realize he's not as efficient as many of the greats; nonetheless, a top 10 player IMO.
Sure you don't seem like those retards 9er and kenneth.

Back to topic: It's not even a contest Shaq/Kobe > Lebron/Wade

NBAplayoffs2001
07-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Sure you don't seem like those retards 9er and kenneth.

Back to topic: It's not even a contest Shaq/Kobe > Lebron/Wade

Debateable I think still. But I do believe conference stress does favor shaq and kobe.

Best years for all of these guys though were:
Shaq 2001 IMO
Kobe 2001

Wade 2011
Lebron 2013

aj1987
07-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Against better competition sure.

Against this Eastern Conference + two very old Spurs teams with Parker battling hamstring injuries both times + self imploding OKC ... yeah.

I like that squad's chances.
Have you seen the '14 Spurs team? :facepalm

Also, who comes off of the bench at SF, SG, and PG?

:oldlol: @ Battier, Cole, and Allen playing starter minutes for an entire season and playoffs.

This thread is stupid. Wade hasn't been himself since the '11 season. Kobe was just entering his prime. '99 - '02 Shaq is arguably the GOAT center and had the GOAT peak.

played0ut
07-22-2014, 04:19 AM
Shaq and Kobe. Their games complemented each other well. Defenses would collapse and focus on Shaq (to pretty much no avail) leaving Kobe to freely roam and score from the perimeter.

Lebron and Wade's game overlap too much to fully synergize their skills like Kobe/Shaq

AintNoSunshine
07-22-2014, 04:19 AM
Shaq = Lebron

Kobe >>> Injured old Wade

No contest Shaq/Kobe > Lebron/Wade

Fixed, and pretty much this.