PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes has Kawhi-type Potential but it has been SQUANDERED since day 1

Dizzle-2k7
07-23-2014, 01:35 AM
Harrison Barnes has all the gifts: iq, strength, size, agility, grace, jumper, solid handles, GREAT defense, post up, FOOTWORK..

but since Day 1 its been WASTED.

1st mistake: handing the keys to that chucker Curry , who takes the craziest shots, while playing no D, and doesnt let anyone get a rhythm..

2nd mistake: signing Iggy.. WTF were they thinking? that has to be one of the dumbest signings in the past 10 years in nba.

I cannot wait for Harrison to escape GSW and land in a place that will utilize him for the great player that he is

FREE HARRISON BARNES

BlkMambaGOAT
07-23-2014, 01:38 AM
Harrison Barnes has all the gifts: iq, strength, size, agility, grace, jumper, solid handles, GREAT defense, post up, FOOTWORK..

1st mistake: handing the keys to that chucker Curry , who takes the craziest shots, while playing no D, and doesnt let anyone get a rhythm..

2nd mistake: signing Iggy.. WTF were they thinking? that has to be one of the dumbest signings in the past 10 years in nba.

I cannot wait for Harrison to escape GSW and land in a place that will utilize him for the great player that he is

FREE HARRISON BARNES
You troll bad and you should feel bad.

Dizzle-2k7
07-23-2014, 01:39 AM
You troll bad and you should feel bad.

and not a single retort was seen that day

To4
07-23-2014, 01:46 AM
I was scratching my head when they signed Iggy.. honestly speaking..

Milbuck
07-23-2014, 01:52 AM
[B]

Steph Curry 2013-14 On/Off:

Regular season Net RTG: +14.9
Playoffs Net RTG: +37.0

Regular season eFG%: .539 with Curry, .459 without
Playoffs eFG%: .537 with Curry, .380 without

barnes doe

navy
07-23-2014, 01:53 AM
I honestly think Barnes has more potential than Kawhi.

RedBlackAttack
07-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Barnes will never be the player a lot of people thought he was going to be. He's one of those guys who looks great in a workout and running drills, but put a ball in his hands and defenders around him... he gets stiff. His handle is basically nonexistent, doesn't have good vision and his jumper is mediocre/streaky.

He's a rotation player on a good team. It's never a good sign when you come into the league as a young player and regress so dramatically. There wasn't a single area of the game that he improved from year one to year two.

And, there was a long stretch of about 60 games this past season where he was just pathetic. I'm talking 7 points, 3 rebounds on 35% shooting in 26 minutes a game. That had to be amongst the worst in the league for a player getting those kinds of minutes.

Inferno
07-23-2014, 02:36 AM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/barnes-coming-season-focus-consistency

[QUOTE]A: (Laughs). Well, last year was an awful season so you want to flush it. With a new staff and a new system, I'm definitely looking forward to playing like that. Last year, there was a lot of isolation basketball, which is tough to score in. As a player, you might think it's great

RoundMoundOfReb
07-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Even if he were as good as Kawhi it would still make him vastly inferior to the "chucker" curry

outbreak
07-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Barnes needs a pass first point guard. Look at how he played with and without marshall. That being said leonard > Barnes and the Warriors are much better running through curry

ihatetimthomas
07-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Barnes will never be the player a lot of people thought he was going to be. He's one of those guys who looks great in a workout and running drills, but put a ball in his hands and defenders around him... he gets stiff. His handle is basically nonexistent, doesn't have good vision and his jumper is mediocre/streaky.

He's a rotation player on a good team. It's never a good sign when you come into the league as a young player and regress so dramatically. There wasn't a single area of the game that he improved from year one to year two.

And, there was a long stretch of about 60 games this past season where he was just pathetic. I'm talking 7 points, 3 rebounds on 35% shooting in 26 minutes a game. That had to be amongst the worst in the league for a player getting those kinds of minutes.

Can it be a product of a guy who needs the ball to be effective that gets absolutely nothing ran for him? He doesn't seem to have a good flow when he was on the court last year. Iggy also really hurt his development.

I am not saying he will be a star, but I do think he is better than what was represented last year. Not getting enough touches and the lack of continuity has a snow ball affect on some guys as the season progresses. They get less confident and that kills their flow on the court.

Dizzle-2k7
07-23-2014, 02:49 PM

Barnes has "IT" but he needs to bring it out !!

Honestly, he needs to fight Curry the way Dion fought Kyrie.... if he gives Curry a couple black eyes, maybe Curry would start sharing the rock

JellyBean
07-23-2014, 03:16 PM

FREE HARRISON BARNES

I agree. The Black Falcon has potential to be a really good/all-star type player. He is just in a really tough spot to shine. I just hope that if he does leave the Warriors, he has the confidence, drive, and passion left to play hard for whatever team that signs him.

moe94
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
I remember last year when he beasted in the playoffs thinking he'd have his breakout season this year. I still have hopes. I won't give up.

noob cake
07-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Barnes is basically Wiggins without the hype

navy
07-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I remember last year when he beasted in the playoffs thinking he'd have his breakout season this year. I still have hopes. I won't give up.
:applause:

hawksdogsbraves
07-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Barnes is basically Wiggins without the hype

Coming out of HS he had the exact same hype, the number one prospect, supposed to be the next Durant.

I think his biggest problem is that his handles never really tightened up. If the same thing happens to Wiggins you could see a similar career arc.

moe94
07-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Coming out of HS he had the exact same hype, the number one prospect, supposed to be the next Durant.

I think his biggest problem is that his handles never really tightened up. If the same thing happens to Wiggins you could see a similar career arc.

nah

Dizzle-2k7
07-23-2014, 04:02 PM

you dont need amazing handles if you got an A+ post game and A+ first step..

the biggest problem is opportunity.. Barnes has none... he beasted in the Playoffs against the spurs as the best player while Curry didnt do shlt.. and how do they repay him? By signing another SF to start over him, even tho Iggy aint even better than Barnes

Ill take Barnes defense, rebounding, and postgame IQ over Iggy

Jailblazers7
07-23-2014, 04:09 PM
nah

Barnes was the first preseason AP All-American ever. He probably wasn't quite as electric as Wiggins (don't recall if "tanking" was popular for him) but he had a ton of hype.

Dizzle-2k7
07-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Dion Waiters doesnt have the overall talent and skill that Barnes has.. but Waiters had the balls to punch Kyrie and demand opportunities that he deserved

Barnes needs to become alpha and do the same.

moe94
07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Barnes was the first preseason AP All-American ever. He probably wasn't quite as electric as Wiggins (don't recall if "tanking" was popular for him) but he had a ton of hype.

I know he did. It wasn't Wiggins level doe

moe94
07-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Dion Waiters doesnt have the overall talent and skill that Barnes has.. but Waiters had the balls to punch Kyrie and demand opportunities that he deserved

Waiters has shown more skill than Barnes, at this point. I cannot agree with you on this.

juju151111
07-23-2014, 04:14 PM
I think his confidence took a hit after playing on the bench. He regress from a rookie.

unbreakable
07-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Barnes and Kawhi actually have similar bodies tbh

KyrieTheFuture
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Is this real life? Harrison Barnes is just not very good and I don't have time to point out all the dumb shit that's been said about him in this thread

BrownEye007
07-23-2014, 05:14 PM

Ok dude that's never seen Dion Waiters play before.