PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for Kobe...

Real14
07-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I mean damn its a damn shame on how his team looks now. They lost Gasol and kaman. Lin iz not a soldier. Boozer is not enough. Nash is basically casper now. Besides that nick young iz a good role player but they still need help. To all of tha lakers fans out there how do you feel about this season's chances for Kobe and the lakers to make noise? I personally think if lakers don't make playoffs then kobe iz outta here like jason's collins chances of being straight again. What you think?

Prometheus
07-23-2014, 10:07 AM
If he wasn't a megalomaniac with a fat contract, maybe he'd have better support. But still, you feel bad for a multi millionaire with five championship rings and legendary reputation? Don't feel bad for him, his life is a thousand times better than yours.

COnDEMnED
07-23-2014, 10:11 AM
If I were the GM, I would try to do the right thing and try to trade him to a contender. He's not getting a ring here, why not send him to the Bulls, Thunder, or even the Knicks (even though knicks aren't a contender, he would have familiarity with Phil and Fish).

Real14
07-23-2014, 10:29 AM
If he wasn't a megalomaniac with a fat contract, maybe he'd have better support. But still, you feel bad for a multi millionaire with five championship rings and legendary reputation? Don't feel bad for him, his life is a thousand times better than yours.
I feel bad for him basketball wise.

Real14
07-23-2014, 10:31 AM
If I were the GM, I would try to do the right thing and try to trade him to a contender. He's not getting a ring here, why not send him to the Bulls, Thunder, or even the Knicks (even though knicks aren't a contender, he would have familiarity with Phil and Fish).
If knicks not a contender then tha overrated bulls are not contenders either.

Prometheus
07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I feel bad for him basketball wise.

I see what you're saying. I feel bad for Carmelo though :lol

GODbe
07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
He's carried a team with Pau Gasoft as his 2nd option to multiple championships already. Boozer is the new Pau, I'm looking forward to this season :pimp:

Real14
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I see what you're saying. I feel bad for Carmelo though :lol

I felt bad for him last year but not this year:pimp:

Brokenbeat
07-23-2014, 11:28 AM

:oldlol: :facepalm

Real14
07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
:oldlol: :facepalm
:confusedshrug:

LA_Showtime
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Nick Young is our consolation prize. That basically sums up our summer. :oldlol:

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 12:41 PM
I mean damn its a damn shame on how his team looks now. They lost Gasol and kaman.

:biggums:

r15mohd
07-23-2014, 12:46 PM
He's carried a team with Pau Gasoft as his 2nd option to multiple championships already. Boozer is the new Pau, I'm looking forward to this season :pimp:

2009-2011 Pau is a far better player than today's Pau. Back then, Pau was arguably a top 3 big man

GODbe
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
2009-2011 Pau is a far better player than today's Pau. Back then, Pau was arguably a top 3 big man
:lol :lol :lol

Nowitness
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Dude has played with great teams his whole career. Maybe if he did what guys like Dirk/Duncan did and realized they are no longer worthy max money then maybe he'd have a team.

Malone
Shaq
Payton
Odom
Gasol x2
Jones
Van Exel
Howard
Nash

All in their prime.

oh the horror
07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
The real question is, why was Kobe offered a contract like that, and THEN the lakers turn around and try to acquire max level talent?

They would have had a better chance with Kobe taking 10mil a year. It was an odd move.

COnDEMnED
07-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Bulls could become a contender with Pau and Kobe added to the roster (not in the west). I suppose the Knicks would become a contender (not in the west) with Kobe added to Carmelo (with a rookie coach and a rookie GM, and half the team gutted to make room for Kobe). Of the two, the Bulls would probably be a better choice than the Knicks.

Ca$H
07-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Dude has played with great teams his whole career. Maybe if he did what guys like Dirk/Duncan did and realized they are no longer worthy max money then maybe he'd have a team.

Malone
Shaq
Payton
Odom
Gasol x2
Jones
Van Exel
Howard
Nash

All in their prime.

Real14
07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
who negged me in here???????:mad:

zoom17
07-23-2014, 05:50 PM

Malone
Shaq
Payton
Odom
Gasol x2
Jones
Van Exel
Howard
Nash

All in their prime.

Rameek
07-23-2014, 05:54 PM
I dont see why anyone would feel bad for Kobe. It's his ego and arrogance that's put him in this predicament. He is the epitome of a cheap carbon copy of what he thought Jordan was instead of being who he could have been.

LABean
07-23-2014, 05:57 PM
I mean damn its a damn shame on how his team looks now. They lost Gasol and kaman. Lin iz not a soldier. Boozer is not enough. Nash is basically casper now. Besides that nick young iz a good role player but they still need help. To all of tha lakers fans out there how do you feel about this season's chances for Kobe and the lakers to make noise? I personally think if lakers don't make playoffs then kobe iz outta here like jason's collins chances of being straight again. What you think?

:facepalm

Real14
07-23-2014, 05:59 PM
:facepalm
my bad:lol

Artillery
07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
The real question is, why was Kobe offered a contract like that, and THEN the lakers turn around and try to acquire max level talent?

They would have had a better chance with Kobe taking 10mil a year. It was an odd move.

Because Jeanie Buss is an idiot. Both Buss children have no idea how to run an NBA franchise.

kennethgriffin
07-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Malone
Shaq
Payton
Odom
Gasol x2
Jones
Van Exel
Howard
Nash

All in their prime.

:roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-23-2014, 06:50 PM
I dont see why anyone would feel bad for Kobe. It's his ego and arrogance that's put him in this predicament. He is the epitome of a cheap carbon copy of what he thought Jordan was instead of being who he could have been.
LOL, yeah poor Kobe.

kennethgriffin
07-23-2014, 06:54 PM
here's an idea

don't feel sorry for a guy with a top 5-6 all time resume

don't feel sorry for the most popular nba player world wide

don't feel sorry for the richest current nba player

don't feel sorry for the highest paid nba player

don't feel sorry for a guy who's never taken a pay cut for easy rings

don't feel sorry for a guy who likes a challenge

don't feel sorry for a guy is alpha and doesn't collude/ring chase

don't feel sorry for a guy whos career is set in stone and has accomplished more than lebron james will ever dream of

:confusedshrug:

/thread :lol

Hey Yo
07-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I thought the Lakers was the team that great FA's wanted to play for?

But I thought it was a lock that hometown Paul George and K. Love was going to sign with them.

They begged Howard to stay but he left because of Kobe.

Swaggy douchebag P is the best hometown product they could get....by severely over paying him to stay?

What gives????

Hey Yo
07-23-2014, 07:37 PM
don't feel sorry for a guy who likes a challenge

Is that why he told NJ not to draft him?

He could have started his rookie year in NJ, but chose to go to a contender/ historic franchise and ride the pine for 2yrs.

James took the challenge, Kobe threatened to play in Italy.

IllegalD
07-23-2014, 07:47 PM

He could have started his rookie year in NJ, but chose to go to a contender/ historic franchise and ride the pine for 2yrs.

:wtf:

http://wsrjb.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dm_100907_nba_three_kings_day1.jpg

Hey Yo
07-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Weak sauce, mayne.

1 guy signed with a historic garbage franchise and showcased his abilities.

The other could have done the same, yet chose to demand to be on a contender.

Kobe's challenge was seeing if he could hand out enough towels and gatorade his rookie year during timeouts.

While LeBron was busy putting up 21-6-6 and winning ROY.

Cold soul
07-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Kobe had a legendary career there's nothing to feel bad about. Top 10 all-time and arguably greatest Laker ever if not top 2 at worst. He had heck of a run that latest close to two decades on top of great longevity for perimeter player. No Kobe isn't the GOAT or even top 4, but top 8 or so isn't all that bad.

GODbe
07-23-2014, 08:01 PM

http://oi51.tinypic.com/23igdqb.jpg