PDA

View Full Version : How many players in the league are capable of putting up Kevin Love numbers?

atljonesbro
07-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Throw them on the wolves how many players can put up Love number? Only person in the league I could imagine doing it besides love himself is Blake Griffin. How is it this awful 3rd option with no talent can put up such historic numbers?

kshutts1
07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Throw them on the wolves how many players can put up Love number? Only person in the league I could imagine doing it besides love himself is Blake Griffin. How is it this awful 3rd option with no talent can put up such historic numbers?
Obviously you mean his rebounding numbers, too?
Because Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Howard, Harden, Melo... they would all put up some pretty stupid stats themselves. Just none of them, except Howard, would rebound the ball at a 13-15 rpg rate.

Dragic4Life
07-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Lebron James is.

Scary duo right there.

GODbe
07-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Melo, Dwight, Durant, Kobe, Bosh

RoundMoundOfReb
07-23-2014, 02:10 PM
nobody can put up the same exact stat-line (26/12/4)

VengefulAngel
07-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Statistically, how is it not?

List of players to average 25/10/4 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&shoot_hand=&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=25&c2stat=trb_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=ast_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws)

Extend it to 26/12/4 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&shoot_hand=&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=26&c2stat=trb_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=12&c3stat=ast_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws)

From the other thread :)

NattyPButter
07-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Gibson on that team can put up those numbers.

VengefulAngel
07-23-2014, 02:26 PM

If it were that easy, more people would have done it. Only 14 players in NBA history have put up what K Love did last season.

nightprowler10
07-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Taj Gibson?

Duggrr
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm going to get loads of shit for this, but Aldridge could - excluding the assists.

kshutts1
07-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm going to get loads of shit for this, but Aldridge could - excluding the assists.
Reason I didn't include Aldridge is because he's been The Man on his team in the past... and did not put up that statline. He seems to be a 21/8 kinda guy no matter who he plays with.

Edit: Just checked his actual stat lines...
23/11
21/9
22/8
22/9

I apologize for shorting him 1 rpg.

navy
07-23-2014, 02:41 PM
:facepalm

Droid101
07-23-2014, 02:49 PM
From the other thread :)
Holy shit. So, what he's done, hasn't been done in 40 years. Last person to do it was Jabbar. And he is only about half way down on the Win Shares list meaning they definitely weren't empty stats.

NattyPButter
07-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Taj Gibson?

yes Taj if givin the mins like Love. His PPG won't be as high since he can't shoot the 3 lights out, but I'm positive he could get 20ppg if givin the same amount of touches.

IncarceratedBob
07-23-2014, 02:58 PM
The statisticians in Minny love just handing out stats. Loves numbers will drop if he plays anywhere else

HomieWeMajor
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
BG if he started chucking threes and learned how to statpad effectively

NattyPButter
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
The statisticians in Minny love just handing out stats. Loves numbers will drop if he plays anywhere else

this right here...Put Anthony Davis on that team he would look like a unstoppable monster.

BuffaloBill
07-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Cousins put up 23 and 12 last year. Andre Drummond was averaging like 18 and 18 near the end of the season while shooting above 60%

Milbuck
07-23-2014, 03:03 PM
I'd say Cousins in a couple years and Davis in a bit more. I'd say Blake and LMA too, but I think LMA peaked this season at 23/11, and I can't see Blake's rebounds reaching Love-numbers with DJ next to him.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-23-2014, 03:04 PM
how exactly do minny stat keepers add to his stats? assists are the only thing that's subjective...and no shit his #s go down on a better team...could say the same for every player in history...

navy
07-23-2014, 03:05 PM
this right here...Put Anthony Davis on that team he would look like a unstoppable monster.
:facepalm

Pretty delusional to think the statisticians are inflating Love's points and rebounding. :oldlol:

fpliii
07-23-2014, 03:06 PM
how exactly do minny stat keepers add to his stats? assists are the only thing that's subjective...and no shit his #s go down on a better team...could say the same for every player in history...
The guy's a troll, though rebounds/blocks/steals in traffic are subjective as well, and usually go to stars. Can't imagine it makes a huge difference.

Some turnovers are subjective too...on bad passes, some scorekeepers credit the passer, some credit the recipient.

navy
07-23-2014, 03:06 PM
They are so determined to hate Love they arent even making sense anymore. :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-23-2014, 03:14 PM
The guy's a troll, though rebounds/blocks/steals in traffic are subjective as well, and usually go to stars. Can't imagine it makes a huge difference.

Some turnovers are subjective too...on bad passes, some scorekeepers credit the passer, some credit the recipient.
i doubt anybody is seriously saying his 0.5 blocks or 0.8 steals or 2.5 turnovers are inflated by stat keepers....

And the vast majority of rebounds are not debatable...sometimes when the ball is tipped or grabbed by 2 people at the same time i guess...but not significant enough to severely inflate somebody's stats

fpliii
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
i doubt anybody is seriously saying his 0.5 blocks or 0.8 steals or 2.5 turnovers are inflated by stat keepers....

And the vast majority of rebounds are not debatable...sometimes when the ball is tipped or grabbed by 2 people at the same time i guess...but not significant enough to severely inflate somebody's stats
Was just speaking in general. I don't think the effect statkeepers have on rebounds is a huge deal, just pointing out that it does exist.

I think Love is a borderline top 5 player in this league, and he's very unique/valuable in terms of skillset.

La Frescobaldi
07-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Taj Gibson?

he's probly thinking this Gibson.

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/bob-gibson-hof-1.jpg

OP? James could do it if he played the 4 beyond any doubt I have.

Nobody else today's league can do it. Dwight hasn't got the skill to do it, I doubt he ever did.

Last guy I saw dominate in the paint at that level was Shaq but even he wasn't as motivated on rebounds. Kevin Garnett came real close tho.

And remember, those guys had to watch helplessly while their teams got crushed year after year, just like Love. Shaq got swept in playoffs SIX TIMES. Are they stat padders too?

Kevin Love is epic in the paint, guys.
He's been playing nearly at Moses Malone level for 2 seasons now (remember Love's hand blew up on him, that knuckle head...... and he had to really work through his shooting form because he came back too soon). And when Moses really got rolling, he started displaying MVPs year in and year out. Is Love going to get to THAT level? I dunno. Moses elevated considerable in the late 70s/early 80s. Can't wait to see what happens with Love tho!!

When y'all gonna wake up on the fact of K Love?