PDA

View Full Version : Throwback.... Toni Braxton love triangle with Kidd and Jackson

AlphaWolf24
07-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Back in the mid 90's Toni Braxton ruled the Pop charts ( I still sing "Unnnnnnbreak my heaaaart" in the shower occasionally)

Jason Kidd was a young superstar...teamed with 2 more stars Jim Jackson and Jamal Mashburn.....they were supposed to be the next Big 3...

http://www.nbcsports.com/files/nbcsports/styles/gallery_slide/public/migrated_images/kidd_braxton_jackson.jpg

The Dallas Mavericks of the mid-90's, armed with Jason Kidd, Jim Jackson, and Jamal Mashburn, were supposed to lift Dallas from the dregs of mediocrity and help them contend for their first-ever NBA title. Unfortunately, things didn't totally go according to plan. Though the trio was talented, two of its members, Kidd and Jackson, apparently had some trouble getting along with one another, spurring from what some believed to be a love triangle with singer Toni Braxton.

Their feuding started when, allegedly, Toni Braxton ended up going out with Jim Jackson on a night when she and Kidd had already made plans. That's cold, Toni. Real cold. Both Kidd and Jackson have gone out of their way to say that this rumor was untrue in the years since it sprung up but, at the time, too much damage had already been done by the hearsay. Kidd and Jackson were both traded away from the Mavericks within a few months of each other, and just like that, Dallas' supposed dynasty had been destroyed.

[QUOTE]
Jackson maintains the Braxton story was a publicity stunt orchestrated by the singer; he never met her. Kidd also denies meeting Braxton. But Motta, a year and a half after he was let go, confirmed to a Dallas newspaper two instances in which Jackson and Kidd clashed over women (one of them being Kidd's fianc

riseagainst
07-23-2014, 02:34 PM
unnnnbreak my hearrrrrt. Say you love me agaaiiiinn.

JohnMax
07-23-2014, 02:34 PM
J-Kidd actually looks black in that photo

jzek
07-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Can't blame her. Mulattos can't be trusted...

Da_Realist
07-23-2014, 02:47 PM
I actually read her book. She talked about a lot of stuff but never mentioned this at all. I'm starting to think the players were being truthful in saying it didn't happen. Toni didn't shy away from anything embarrassing or anything that made her look bad. I figure she would have at least mentioned it if it was true. :confusedshrug:

Rameek
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I thought that was a fat Steph Curry:sleeping

Finger Roll
07-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Man that reminded me of the time back in grade 9 when I told a hot chick at my school she reminded me of a white toni braxton. Needless to say she liked it, still didn't get me anywhere ahha. These days she is about as hurtin as TB. Shame really.

b0bab0i
07-23-2014, 07:53 PM
J-Kidd actually looks black in that photo
He looks like Chris brown.

SamuraiSWISH
07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Was a ball boy for the Mavs in 1996. This was REAL. Dudes wouldn't even speak to one another.

fpliii
07-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Was a ball boy for the Mavs in 1996. This was REAL. Dudes wouldn't even speak to one another.
Swish with the inside scoop. :pimp:

Haven't seen you posting much recently my dude (or maybe I'm not spending enough time on the board myself), hoping to see your take in more threads as these dead months drag on until the season starts. We can't afford to lose more good posters.