PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to see how the Heat do this season

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 07:16 PM
This is one of those rare times when you see a championship team almost wholly intact but without their best player. The only other time that comes to mind is the Bulls after their first three peat when Jordan retired. They're probably not going to get to the finals, but I can't wait to see how this team does this season. They're surprisingly solid and should be a lock for a top spot in the east. Would love to see them tangle with the Knicks if they don't play the Cavs.

fpliii
07-23-2014, 07:20 PM
This is one of those rare times when you see a championship team almost wholly intact but without their best player. The only other time that comes to mind is the Bulls after their first three peat when Jordan retired. They're probably not going to get to the finals, but I can't wait to see how this team does this season. They're surprisingly solid and should be a lock for a top spot in the east. Would love to see them tangle with the Knicks if they don't play the Cavs.
I didn't start watching until a few years later, but Reggie Lewis in 88-89 was supposedly much of the same thing with Bird out for the season.

It will be very interesting, and we're going to learn a lot about the Heat—and LeBron— depending on if they boom or bust.

Legends66NBA7
07-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Consistency at PG and 3 point shooting will be a concern, as will rebounding... but I think they have enough talent to win the division again and make the playoffs. I think the most reasonable ceiling will be a 2nd round exit, for now.

beastee
07-23-2014, 07:21 PM
People are definitely sleeping on them (for obvious stan reasons), but I am interested at what they can do as well. Probably a 4-5 seed if Wade coasts. They should probably win their division giving them a #3 spot if he is fully healthy.
So weak at the PG though. Wade-Deng-Bosh is a solid core, but man they need some better point play.

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=fpliii]I didn't start watching until a few years later, but Reggie Lewis in 88-89 was supposedly much of the same thing with Bird out for the season.

It will be very interesting, and we're going to learn a lot about the Heat

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
People are definitely sleeping on them (for obvious stan reasons), but I am interested at what they can do as well. Probably a 4-5 seed if Wade stays healthy. They should probably win their division giving them a #3 spot.
So weak at the PG though. Wade-Deng-Bosh is a solid core, but man they need some better point play.

That's where losing Lebron really hurts them. I think the lack of Lebron-level playmaking is going to hurt them much more than his scoring talents.

fpliii
07-23-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm expecting both teams to be very good, but not spectacular. Lebron's got a bunch of kids to work with, and the Heat need to adjust without Lebron. I'm just shocked that the east might actually be competitive this season.
If both are pretty good, but not contenders/lottery squads, we probably won't learn all that much, but I agree the conference will be more competitive.

Warfan
07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Im curious to see how many games Wade will play since that'll be a huge factor. I think last year they rested him some games just for precautionary reasons but it didnt seem to help much in the finals. Maybe he'll come back more motivated and healthy next year, and hopefully there's a Cavs-Heat series as well.

Milbuck
07-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Bosh has to play like a true star, and Wade has to replicate what he did in the regular season (for close to the whole season) and not what he did in the finals, and Deng has to be Chicago Deng not Cleveland Deng.

If things go well for them I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked 48-52 wins and were a 4-5th seed.

JT123
07-23-2014, 07:38 PM
7th seed at best, but honestly I don't think they will make the playoffs. The team was way too reliant on Lebron for me to think any different. :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
07-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Miami has 2 superstars and an all-star. They should walk to the Finals.

right??

IllegalD
07-23-2014, 07:44 PM

right??

LeBron "did it by himself", so he should be guaranteed championship in Cleveland, right? :confusedshrug:

If not then can we count that as another tarnish to his legacy.

Right?

Right. :pimp:

JT123
07-23-2014, 07:49 PM
LeBron "did it by himself", so he should be guaranteed championship in Cleveland, right? :confusedshrug:

Right?

Just getting the Cavs to the playoffs will enhance his legacy by leaps and bounds. The Cavs have been the biggest joke in the league since he left, and getting this group of scrubs to the playoffs would be impossible for almost any other star. Nothing is impossible for Bron doe. :pimp:

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Please, two superstars? The Heat win their 3rd title in 4 seasons

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Just getting the Cavs to the playoffs will enhance his legacy by leaps and bounds. The Cavs have been the biggest joke in the league since he left, and getting this group of scrubs to the playoffs would be impossible for almost any other star. Nothing is impossible for Bron doe. :pimp:

How about threepeating?

#number6ix#
07-23-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm envisioning around 47 to 50 wins 4th or 5th place in the east if everybody stays halfway healthy

GrapeApe
07-23-2014, 08:47 PM
The LeBron haters will be out in full force if the Heat have a strong season (they likely will). It's so stupid though. Every team and every season is unique.

gts
07-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Just getting the Cavs to the playoffs will enhance his legacy by leaps and bounds. The Cavs have been the biggest joke in the league since he left, and getting this group of scrubs to the playoffs would be impossible for almost any other star. Nothing is impossible for Bron doe. :pimp:oh please.. the Cavs missed the playoffs by what? 5 games with a crap coach... A good coach and another years maturity among the kids alone would make them a playoff team

The overrating of Lebron next season has already begun :facepalm

Nash
07-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Miami have always had major flaws in PG and front court. Lebron's greatness made up for that but now I have no idea. You got to rely on Chalmers doing point guard work and Bosh being a center in a team that can't use the small ball with Lebron any more. Lebron had to clock in so many minutes and it still wasn't a smooth ride. Now without Lebron?

Chalmers and Cole must be the worst tandem in the league right now while Haslem, Birdman, McRoberts and whatever at front court is really weak. And who is Wade's reserve now? Rookie Ennis? Wade takes games off, the SG position could also become a problem.

DMV2
07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Would love to see them make it back to the Finals.

Hey Yo
07-23-2014, 08:56 PM

Right?

Says the guy who repeatedly called Wade and Bosh superstars

305Baller
07-23-2014, 09:18 PM
This Heat season will be telling for the direction of the franchise. A strong playoff run will show that this team has some legit gas left in the tank.

A flame-out and playoff-miss will probably lead to a rebuild and validate LeBron's decision.

JT123
07-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Miami have always had major flaws in PG and front court. Lebron's greatness made up for that but now I have no idea. You got to rely on Chalmers doing point guard work and Bosh being a center in a team that can't use the small ball with Lebron any more. Lebron had to clock in so many minutes and it still wasn't a smooth ride. Now without Lebron?

Chalmers and Cole must be the worst tandem in the league right now while Haslem, Birdman, McRoberts and whatever at front court is really weak. And who is Wade's reserve now? Rookie Ennis? Wade takes games off, the SG position could also become a problem.
FINALLY, a realistic Heat fan! :applause: Does anyone realize just how many times Lebron had to go HAM last season just for the Heat to even have a chance? Any now people wanna pretend that Chalmers, old and hobbled Wade, and a soft as cottonelle tissue Bosh are going to make noise this year? :facepalm

JT123
07-23-2014, 09:24 PM
oh please.. the Cavs missed the playoffs by what? 5 games with a crap coach... A good coach and another years maturity among the kids alone would make them a playoff team

The overrating of Lebron next season has already begun :facepalm
Missed the playoffs by 5 games in the weakest conference ever! :facepalm
Stop trying to make lame excuses about coaching. They had a different coach the 3 previous years and still couldn't come close to making the playoffs! They have the fewest wins of any team in the league since Lebron left. As I said, they have been the laughing stock of the league these last 4 years.

DaSeba5
07-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm excited for Heat basketball regardless if we suck or not. I'm always excited for my teams.

TMT
07-23-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't really see them transitioning well into life without Lebron. I mean the Heat really rebuilt about as good as they could under the circumstances. They got some good pieces, but they lack an identity and it's been a while since either of Wade/Bosh were the number one guy. How many games will Wade even play next year? Who knows. The Deng pickup is nice, but he's never been a guy to go out and get his own shot. I think they start off the year slow and end up a middle of the pack playoff team in the East.

SpecialQue
07-23-2014, 09:31 PM
FINALLY, a realistic Heat fan! :applause: Does anyone realize just how many times Lebron had to go HAM last season just for the Heat to even have a chance? Any now people wanna pretend that Chalmers, old and hobbled Wade, and a soft as cottonelle tissue Bosh are going to make noise this year? :facepalm

He's not a Heat fan. He's Pauk.

ILLsmak
07-23-2014, 09:49 PM

They lost some wetness too and got older.

Otherwise, their main advantage should be knowing bron. They have way more than Cleveland did when he left and can legitly beat bron. Still wanna see someone put bron on his back. That's common procedure so we shall see. Just to say, these aren't your friends anymore.

-Smak

RoundMoundOfReb
07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
He's not a Heat fan. He's Pauk.
Has this been confirmed?...they both give me the same vibe...

Midnite89
07-23-2014, 10:11 PM

Did Heat win 2014?:biggums:

Roundball_Rock
07-23-2014, 10:17 PM

right??

Exactly. The Heat are the only East team with 2 superstars in a conference with few of them (LeBron, Carmelo, Rose, Wade and Bosh). They also have a third all-star--and Deng was no fluke. He was an all-star in consecutive years and this was in 2012 and 2013 so he isn't a washed up long ago all-star like Rashard Lewis. Deng will be 29 next year and Bosh 30 so both are still in their peak years and Wade will be 33 but he just came of a 19/5/5 on 54% year as the #2 option.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-23-2014, 10:40 PM
I feel granger & Mcbob will become great bench players, although Mcbob may start.
Bird man + Mcbob front court is full of hustle.
Any idea if Beasley & oden are staying? If so I'd like to see an effort to give them minutes, that'd probably be the best way of getting oden up to game speed.
Anyway I wouldn't be suprised if wade and bosh come out with a mindset of proving their worth and suprise a few people.
Basement is 1st round back and forth series/2nd round, ceiling is ecf/finals with some luck.

Hoopz2332
07-24-2014, 06:18 AM
Heat should be a solid team but..they wont be a top 3 seed though.

FPJ
07-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Would be hilarious if the Heat somehow managed to ship the rings.

Magic731
07-24-2014, 09:40 AM
How many minutes will Bosh get at the 4 as opposed to the 5?

FLDFSU
07-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Heat should be a solid team but..they wont be a top 3 seed though.

As stacked as Miami is, we don't needs a top 3 seed to win our 4th ring this upcoming season.

choppermagic
07-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Agree, this season will be much more interesting in the East with actual competition between teams. They still mostly suck but at least the Heat and Cavs can duke it out for good battles.

GimmeThat
07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
4th-6th seed, and they make it to the 2nd round.

roughly 10 games in the playoff for Wade with veterans, no bench and Bosh sounds about right.

Hoopz2332
07-24-2014, 10:16 AM
As stacked as Miami is, we don't needs a top 3 seed to win our 4th ring this upcoming season.

Heat are not getting by the Bulls or Pacers w/o homecourt

InfiniteBaskets
07-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Miami doesn't have the same rotational players coming back.

Last year's rotational guys:

Bosh / Birdman
Lewis / Udonis / Beasley
LeBron / Battier / Jones
Wade / Ray Allen
Chalmers / Cole

This year

Bosh / Birdman
McRoberts / Udonis
Deng / Granger
Wade / Ennis
Chalmers / Cole / Napier

And this year's line up isn't fully set in stone yet. Napier could easily beat out either Cole or Chalmers for more minutes.

Granger and Deng is a massive downgrade from LeBron. Bosh is still going to be unhappy playing C. Unless they get McRoberts to play C, which will be equally pathetic. Miami's defensive philosophy is going with a quick thin PF to play Center while quicker perimeter guys trap and rotate. Having guys like Ennis and Napier replace Ray Allen and Shane will help some. But Deng's not a suitable replacement for James and Wade is still old.

Where the Heat will struggle most is on the offensive side. No more feeding LeBron in the post and no more LeBron pick and roll with Bosh. Spo will have to create some good motion sets because there are absolutely 0 elite playmakers on this team right now.