PDA

View Full Version : Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of Rockets, the rest are role players..."

Dragic4Life
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Source (http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/07/24/1349730/harden-says-phl-gilas-could-play-spurs)

Harden said he’s looking forward to playing for the US at the World Cup. Training camp begins Monday. As for the Rockets’ future, Harden said he’s not worried that Jeremy Lin has left for the Los Angeles Lakers and Chandler Parsons for the Dallas Mavericks. “Dwight (Howard) and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We’ve lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we’ll be fine next season.”
:facepalm

EDIT: Inferno made a thread alrdy: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348715

JohnFreeman
07-24-2014, 01:40 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5opMCgS5P5Q/U1Sr0AZXUoI/AAAAAAAAFaU/HFvYz3nr8wY/s1600/4.gif

NumberSix
07-24-2014, 01:40 AM
James Harden sucks.

Dragic4Life
07-24-2014, 01:41 AM
Can't wait to hear from Smook A.:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
07-24-2014, 01:41 AM
James Harden is a ****ing scrub :roll: :roll:

This dude can't win more than 2 playoff games with an all nba center on his team.

305Baller
07-24-2014, 01:43 AM
way to make your teammates feel good , ahole.

FPJ
07-24-2014, 01:44 AM
That's a true statement. The Rockets will never win a ring with D'ho and Harden as 1'st options but what he said is true.

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2014, 01:45 AM
http://pagspages.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/miami-heat-welcome-big-3-party.jpg

plowking
07-24-2014, 01:46 AM
That's a true statement. The Rockets will never win a ring with D'ho and Harden as 1'st options but what he said is true.

Just like how Dirk wasn't going to win one. Or Kobe without Shaq. Or Lebron.

Yet here we are. After all those statements made by numerous people on these boards, they won.

Milbuck
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5opMCgS5P5Q/U1Sr0AZXUoI/AAAAAAAAFaU/HFvYz3nr8wY/s1600/4.gif
I climaxed.

Dragic4Life
SouBeachTalents your point?:rolleyes:

Milbuck
07-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Just like how Dirk wasn't going to win one. Or Kobe without Shaq. Or Lebron.

Yet here we are. After all those statements made by numerous people on these boards, they won.
Except that Dirk and Kobe are on a completely different level than Harden.

IMObjective
07-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Harden's gotta be the most unlikable player in the league.

LoneyROY7
07-24-2014, 01:53 AM
What a f*cking idiot.

Mr Exlax
07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Even though you hoes don't like what he said, is he wrong?

Jameerthefear
07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
asshole thing to say imo.

plowking
07-24-2014, 01:55 AM

James Harden is 24, just finished his 5th season, is an all NBA first team member, and is one of the most efficient scorers in the league.

I get it's a fad to hate on him on here to look cool, but yeah, I'm objective enough to know he's a great player. I don't particularly like his play either.

The Choken One
07-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Parsons happy as fhck he got off a sinking ship.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 02:26 AM
James Harden is 24, just finished his 5th season, is an all NBA first team member, and is one of the most efficient scorers in the league.

I get it's a fad to hate on him on here to look cool, but yeah, I'm objective enough to know he's a great player. I don't particularly like his play either.

And just completed his second season as a starter. On a team with Beverly and Jones who were first year starters and Dwight who was playing his first year on the team.

I'll reserve my judgments for a least a whole season

Milbuck
07-24-2014, 02:36 AM

This isn't a matter of being objective or hating Harden as a fad or anything..it's seeing things in perspective. James Harden has had a nice career so far..but it makes zero sense to point out the irrationality in predicting he'll never win a ring as the #1..because he's really not that great of a player, and we've SEEN him crash and burn miserably in his past 3 playoff series.

Kobe at Harden's age was putting up 30/7/6/2/1 on 55% TS with great defense. Dirk was putting up 25/10/3/1/1 on 58% TS. Those two are on entirely different tier. Yeah, Harden might be an efficient scorer in the regular season. But time and time again, we've seen his game being torn apart in the playoffs because it's flawed on multiple levels.

plowking
07-24-2014, 02:42 AM
This isn't a matter of being objective or hating Harden as a fad or anything..it's seeing things in perspective. James Harden has had a nice career so far..but it makes zero sense to point out the irrationality in predicting he'll never win a ring as the #1..because he's really not that great of a player, and we've SEEN him crash and burn miserably in his past 3 playoff series.

Kobe at Harden's age was putting up 30/7/6/2/1 on 55% TS with great defense. Dirk was putting up 25/10/3/1/1 on 58% TS. Those two are on entirely different tier. Yeah, Harden might be an efficient scorer in the regular season. But time and time again, we've seen his game being torn apart in the playoffs because it's flawed on multiple levels.

It's even more irrational to in predicting it in the first place. Why bother? He has another 12 years in the league at least.

We saw Kobe sucking it up at that age too, flunking terribly in the finals multiple times, yet having Shaq there to make up for his sub 40% shooting.

El Kabong
07-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Even though you hoes don't like what he said, is he wrong?
No, but when your team gets knocked out in the first round and you yourself shoot like 38% from the field during that time it just sounds stupid and probably doesn't so a damn thing to improve team harmony.

Mr Exlax
07-24-2014, 02:52 AM
No, but when your team gets knocked out in the first round and you yourself shoot like 38% from the field during that time it just sounds stupid and probably doesn't so a damn thing to improve team harmony.

We won't improve until we get a good coach. I don't see what's wrong with what he said though. Everybody needs to know their roles.

russwest0
07-24-2014, 02:54 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dude was straight up looking around for Durant and Westbrook.

20Four
07-24-2014, 02:56 AM

Yo yo we dont really get along mang but I agree with that statement my nig :applause: :applause:

poido123
07-24-2014, 02:59 AM
Good player, terrible attitude.

What he said is true, but it is a dck move to announce that to the media like that needs to be clarified :rolleyes:

Harden needs to put more work in on his defense. His off the ball defense and man defense is pretty awful most of the time.

Sakkreth
07-24-2014, 03:02 AM

Kobesque :bowdown:

MJ(Mean John)
07-24-2014, 03:06 AM
It's even more irrational to in predicting it in the first place. Why bother? He has another 12 years in the league at least.

We saw Kobe sucking it up at that age too, flunking terribly in the finals multiple times, yet having Shaq there to make up for his sub 40% shooting.

Kobe was shooting 44/47/44 % homie in those 'chip years.

Not to mention the first team ALL NBA Defense the man was playing. GTFOH.

aboss4real24
07-24-2014, 03:07 AM
Harden is right wats the big deal ?

UK2K
07-24-2014, 03:10 AM

Kobe was also playing in his 7th season, and his fifth as a starter.

Dirk was playing in his 5th season, his fourth as a starter.

As of last season, Harden has played 158 games as a starter, while at the same age, Dirk had started over 350 games while Kobe had started over 340. Derrick Rose has started 120 more games than Harden and he hasn't played in two years.

But you know Harden will never get better. K.

MJ(Mean John)
07-24-2014, 03:23 AM

As of last season, Harden has played 158 games as a starter, while at the same age, Dirk had started over 350 games while Kobe had started over 340. Derrick Rose has started 120 more games than Harden and he hasn't played in two years.

Dude hardens game is wack.

It's all pulling up from 3 in transition or driving to the basket again in transition.

He doesn't expand his game. What you see is what you get. He can't do, what he does much better. Iverson was better than Harden. Harden is overrated.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 03:26 AM

It's all pulling up from 3 in transition or driving to the basket again in transition.

He doesn't expand his game. What you see is what you get. He can't do, what he does much better. Iverson was better than Harden. Harden is overrated.

I get it. Players don't improve after 2 seasons as a starter. I understand now.

He's past his peak I guess. Nowhere to go but down.

MJistheGOAT
07-24-2014, 03:30 AM

He will improve his technique of flopping, probably getting more FTs (and fines). So, he is not at his peak yet.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 03:40 AM

On a side note, when Kobe had started 160ish games, he was averaging 28,6,5 shooting 46% and averaging 8fta per game and 22fga per game.

Through the same amount of games started, Harden averaged 26,6,5 shooting 46% and averaging 10fta per game and 17fga per game.

Just saying.

Milbuck
07-24-2014, 03:47 AM

Ugh. His improvement was never the focal point of the discussion. Constantly bringing it up is irrelevant considering that he will never be on their level.

Milbuck
07-24-2014, 03:50 AM
On a side note, when Kobe had started 160ish games, he was averaging 28,6,5 shooting 46% and averaging 8fta per game and 22fga per game.

Through the same amount of games started, Harden averaged 26,6,5 shooting 46% and averaging 10fta per game and 17fga per game.

Just saying.
Except that Kobe played great defense back then during his athletic peak. And he had one of the most expansive offensive arsenals ever. During playoff time, his game wasn't one that was extremely predictable and easily containable the way Harden's currently is.

ronnymac
07-24-2014, 04:03 AM
He is right.

Lin was a role player at best with a few good games here and there.Nothing more then a role player.
Asik a very, very good role player
Parsons was a borderline star and super role player

This season coming

Ariza a very good role player
Beverley a good role player
Jones has potential but right now, he is a role player
DMO ok player with potential
Dorsey unknown but a max potential of a work horse role player
Johnson a rookie
Cannan has potential.

So who exactly is he wrong about?. You think Ariza and Bev don't know their place?

Kvnzhangyay
07-24-2014, 04:04 AM
He I right.

Lin was a role player at best with a few good games here and there.Nothing more then a role player.
Asik a very, very good role player
Parsons was a borderline star and super role player

This season coming

Ariza a very good role player
Beverley a good role player
Jones has potential but right now, he is a role player
DMO ok player with potential
Dorsey unknown but a max potential of a work horse role player
Johnson a rookie
Cannan has potential.

So who exactly is he wrong about?. You think Ariza and Bev don't know their place?

There's nothing wrong, but you don't just say shit like that

At work what if your boss was like I'm the cornerstone, your just a piece that can be fired/replaced any time

josh99
07-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Idiot thing to say, good luck trying to win a game 2 v 5.

ronnymac
07-24-2014, 04:07 AM
There's nothing wrong, but you don't just say shit like that

At work what if your boss was like I'm the cornerstone, your just a piece that can be fired/replaced any time
Well do you know if any of those guys are offended or just assuming?.Those guys know their place. Infact Ariza said as much in his media conference.Ariza and Bev are there to " compliment" Dwight and Harden.

KungFuJoe
07-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Sounds like Harden is getting pretty defensive there.

That's a first.

Number24
07-24-2014, 04:32 AM

Oh God... You are dragging down Kobe's name in this discussion to make another horrible "potential-since-day-1-up-to-now" player look decent... Perspective indeed!

For one, Kobe at Harden's age now knows one f*cking important thing about basketball that Harden still has to meet, DEFENSE!

I know you'll gonna put up the percentages but this I say to you, at least Kobe does it with style, and Harden?.. just enjoy his beard!

unknowns8
07-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Sounds like Harden is getting pretty defensive there.

That's a first.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i see what you did there and well played to you sir ... :applause: :applause: :applause:

russwest0
07-24-2014, 05:16 AM
harden is smoking a fat fukking blunt right now and you loser are criticizing him lol :lol :facepalm

cornerstones to a first round exit!!! :pimp:

Purch
07-24-2014, 07:04 AM
The Spurs all year " We all have a part in this, we all win together and by playing as a team"

Harden" Me and Dwight are the cornerstones, everyone else are role players"

Which one do you think produces the most confidence?

Smook A.
07-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Can't wait to hear from Smook A.:roll:
Everyone else on that team were role players except Parsons. He was great for us in the playoffs. Harden was horrible

Smook A.
07-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Harden needs to develop his mid range jumper and what he really needs to do is work on his defense. And im talking about rigorously every night like his life is on the line

DMV2
07-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Even if he's correct, he shouldn't be saying shit like that to degrade the rest of the cast.

Maybe if he trust his "role players," he wouldn't be disappearing or freezing up during crunch time.

He should be focusing more on playing like a true "cornerstone" star instead of disrespecting his teammates.

GimmeThat
07-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Even if he's correct, he shouldn't be saying shit like that to degrade the rest of the cast.

Maybe if he trust his "role players," he wouldn't be disappearing or freezing up during crunch time.

He should be focusing more on playing like a true "cornerstone" star instead of disrespecting his teammates.

they should start doing a calculation of failed assist ratio.

when a player passes his teammate for a shot who ended up not making it.

dynasty1978
07-24-2014, 09:23 AM

Pretty much. The state of the SG position is utter garbage when James Harden is considered the best (albeit by default).

Hopefully Kobe and Wade can remind us what a real SG looks like.

choppermagic
07-24-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm sorry, but you can't grind through an entire championship run without having a reliance and trust of your teammates. They need to know you got their back and they will get yours. Saying that your teammates are interchangeable is pretty bad for team chemistry.

Who is the captain of the team anyway? He has some work to do to bring everyone on board.

Wally450
07-24-2014, 10:36 AM
People really hate Harden on this site. I'm a huge fan of him, yea he flops a lot and he needs to have that killer instinct come playoff time. He's a good player though.

Y2ktors
07-24-2014, 11:37 AM
People really hate Harden on this site. I'm a huge fan of him, yea he flops a lot and he needs to have that killer instinct come playoff time. He's a good player though.

No one in their right mind should disagree with the fact that Harden is a good player. But there's gid and then there's cornerstone. The latter is for the elite, and that's not harden.

Dro
07-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Man, some of you really need to take some classes on self-awareness...Whether he's right or not is IRRELEVANT. The point is you let SOMEONE ELSE say that shit. You let the COACH say it. You let analysts on TV say it. Hell, you even let your TEAMMATES say it. YOU don't PROP UP YOURSELF at the DETRIMENT of others. Especially when you NEED those others to do the shit you don't do, you know like play defense.

And some of you talking about some of us have never played ball and don't know shit...No, YOU have never played ball if you think its ok to say that shit. Go hoop at the park and run around talking about how you're the best on the court and everybody else should just play their role and see if your ass gets the ball again. You won't get it again unless you get a steal or a rebound because even if the role player KNOWS he's a role player, he sure as hell doesn't want the "Best player on the team" rubbing that in his damn face...

I actually can't believe I even had to explain that shit.....

SpecialQue
07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Man, some of you really need to take some classes on self-awareness...Whether he's right or not is IRRELEVANT. The point is you let SOMEONE ELSE say that shit. You let the COACH say it. You let analysts on TV say it. Hell, you even let your TEAMMATES say it. YOU don't PROP UP YOURSELF at the DETRIMENT of others. Especially when you NEED those others to do the shit you don't do, you know like play defense.

And some of you talking about some of us have never played ball and don't know shit...No, YOU have never played ball if you think its ok to say that shit. Go hoop at the park and run around talking about how you're the best on the court and everybody else should just play their role and see if your ass gets the ball again. You won't get it again unless you get a steal or a rebound because even if the role player KNOWS he's a role player, he sure as hell doesn't want the "Best player on the team" rubbing that in his damn face...

Dro raping fools with logic. :applause:

Shade8780
07-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Whether he's right or not, cornerstones of winning team don't call their teammates role players.

Asukal
07-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Fvck you Harden. Dude hasn't accomplished anything yet has the audacity to say shit like that. :facepalm

2LeTTeRS
07-24-2014, 02:19 PM

Whether he's right or not, cornerstones of winning team don't call their teammates role players.

When did "role player" become a bad word? People are acting like he out and out called them scrubs.

The NBA isn't the park though; and if a role player every tried to cross the star with some shit like that he'd only be writing his own one-way ticket out of the league. A "role player" might not like hearing that label, but at the end of the day he has 2 options 1) accept that your never going to be Kobe and figure what ways the team needs you to be contribute or 2) prepare for a short NBA career.

IGOTGAME
07-24-2014, 02:22 PM
can't buy class or breeding. Those two guys are millionaire buffoons.

LeJohn Janes
07-24-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm predicting another bravely fought first round exit. :ohwell:

oarabbus
07-24-2014, 04:16 PM

You should understand that pretty well considering its what you and most other rockets fans said about Lin :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
07-24-2014, 04:19 PM
can't buy class or breeding. Those two guys are millionaire buffoons.

:lol

True. The Rockets have the worst locker room leadership in the league. Seems like Parsons and Lin were really good glue guys for that team as far as personality goes. I think not getting Bosh really ****ed them because he was the type of leader they need.

SCdac
07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Haren and Dwight are meant for each other :oldlol: :facepalm

Smook A.
07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
:lol

True. The Rockets have the worst locker room leadership in the league. Seems like Parsons and Lin were really good glue guys for that team as far as personality goes. I think not getting Bosh really ****ed them because he was the type of leader they need.
No they don't :lol

It's bad, but not the worst.

crisoner
07-24-2014, 04:31 PM
I have not caught on the Harden hate...I actually liked him as a player on OKC etc. But now I see why a douche bag like Dwight would want to play with him. Birds of a feather flock together man.

Jailblazers7
07-24-2014, 04:32 PM
No they don't :lol

It's bad, but not the worst.

It's the worst on a team that isn't dreadful. Obviously a team like the Kings are worse but who cares lol.

Mr Exlax
07-24-2014, 04:34 PM
You have to know your role though. It's about talent. If your role players feel they're one of the cornerstones then that's gonna mess up a lot of games. If Beverly feels he's on equal footing with Harden and wants to take ill advised shots then that's bad for the team. You hoes need to put on your big boy pants and come to grips with this. He didn't diss his teammates. He stated a fact. I don't even think it was a dick thing to say.

Being a role player on an NBA team is not a negative thing. It simply means you aren't as talented as the elite players.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 04:50 PM
You should understand that pretty well considering its what you and most other rockets fans said about Lin :oldlol:
I said that?

Really? I liked Lin. I just thought he was better off the bench with the second unit.

Lord knows he has his flaws, and did things that made me cringe, but so does Dwight every time he steps to the free throw line.

oarabbus
07-24-2014, 04:58 PM
I said that?

Really? I liked Lin. I just thought he was better off the bench with the second unit.

Lord knows he has his flaws, and did things that made me cringe, but so does Dwight every time he steps to the free throw line.

Fair enough, and he probably was better off the bench in HOU. My b if you never said that, it was very commonly heard though.

Most discussions went something like this:

"Lin is garbage!"
"Well, it's only his second year as a starter, not to mention he barely played before that :confusedshrug: he's young, has improved, and will continue to improve for a few years at least"
"He's pure garbage. No aspect of his game will ever get better you Lin jockrider. Stupid LOF scrub lover."

Vragrant
07-24-2014, 05:03 PM
I just find Hardens' statements funny because I don't even think he should be a first option to begin with. 2nd or 3rd? Sure, but not a first option. He's just too much off a ball stopper, which is why he is an overrated playmaker.

He wasn't even the Rockets best player in the playoffs.

KungFuJoe
07-24-2014, 05:39 PM
I just find Hardens' statements funny because I don't even think he should be a first option to begin with. 2nd or 3rd? Sure, but not a first option. He's just too much off a ball stopper, which is why he is an overrated playmaker.

You could argue he was the worst. He had a negative impact on the team.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Fair enough, and he probably was better off the bench in HOU. My b if you never said that, it was very commonly heard though.

Most discussions went something like this:

"Lin is garbage!"
"Well, it's only his second year as a starter, not to mention he barely played before that :confusedshrug: he's young, has improved, and will continue to improve for a few years at least"
"He's pure garbage. No aspect of his game will ever get better you Lin jockrider. Stupid LOF scrub lover."
For sure, most Rocket fans didn't like him because A) LOFs are the most annoying type and B) his contract was huge.

Given the right pay, dude was a huge boost off the bench though.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Outshined by Dwight Howard... What a scrub.

KungFuJoe
07-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Outshined by Dwight Howard... What a scrub.

Parsons was better than Harden in that series.

You could argue that Lin had more positive impact as well, even though he choked a couple times...he also bailed out Harden BIG TIME and he was a huge key in their other win as well.

YouGotServed
07-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Parsons was better than Harden in that series.

You could argue that Lin had more positive impact as well, even though he choked a couple times...he also bailed out Harden BIG TIME and he was a huge key in their other win as well.

lol

I'm so glad Lin doesn't play for us anymore. Enjoy the LOFs, LakerNation.

KungFuJoe
07-24-2014, 06:10 PM
lol

I'm so glad Lin doesn't play for us anymore. Enjoy the LOFs, LakerNation.

Enjoy your circus of a team, your joke of a coach and being the picture of failure for the foreseeable future.

YouGotServed
07-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Enjoy your circus of a team, your joke of a coach and being the picture of failure for the foreseeable future.

Lin will forever be a bench-warming journeyman. Deal with it, LOF.

KungFuJoe
07-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Lin will forever be a bench-warming journeyman. Deal with it, LOF.

He's going to be a starter on one of the biggest franchises in the NBA. He's also more world renowned than Harden is. And he has his own documentary and he's making 15 million next year.

I'm sure Lin will be inconsolable.

Houston, on the other hand, is now the Kim Kardashian of the NBA.

YouGotServed
07-24-2014, 06:17 PM
He's going to be a starter on one of the biggest franchises in the NBA. He's also more world renowned than Harden is. And he has his own documentary and he's making 15 million next year.

I'm sure Lin will be inconsolable.

Houston, on the other hand, is now the Kim Kardashian of the NBA.

tl;dr

Forever a bench-warming journeyman.

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2014, 06:20 PM

All that tells me is how much of a hype machine Jeremy Lin is.

Is he ever going to be anything more than an average player in this league ?

UK2K
07-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Chase Parsons @chucknasty34
Follow

Really looking forward to the first @dallasmavs @HoustonRockets game. The kid is gonna be hungry let me tell u

Chris Parsons @CParsons41
Follow

James Harden forgot how he got his start. #entitledBitch

Running to their brother's rescue?

The best part is, Parsons was a role player on a UF team, a 2nd round draft pick, given a chance to start because the Rockets had ChaseBud at SF, and now wanted 15m per year, but the dude finishing 5th on the MVP ladder needs is an entitled bitch and forgot how he got his start?

YouGotServed
07-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Follow

Really looking forward to the first @dallasmavs @HoustonRockets game. The kid is gonna be hungry let me tell u

Follow

The best part is, Parsons was a role player on a UF team, a 2nd round draft pick, given a chance to start because the Rockets had ChaseBud at SF, and now wanted 15m per year, but the dude finishing 5th on the MVP ladder needs is an entitled bitch and forgot how he got his start?

Can I get this in English? I don't understand twitter. Who is saying what to who?

UK2K
07-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Can I get this in English? I don't understand twitter. Who is saying what to who?
Chase Parsons says:
"Really looking forward to the first @dallasmavs @HoustonRockets game. The kid is gonna be hungry let me tell u"

Chris Parsons says:
"James Harden forgot how he got his start. #entitledBitch"

disel
07-24-2014, 06:43 PM
What does it feel like to be a fake fan who hop onto team after another?. Linsuckanity in nothing more then a contract in it's last season.

DirkNowitzki41
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Chandler Parsons @ChandlerParsons

allball
07-24-2014, 11:04 PM

this is pure BS

UK2K
07-24-2014, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=DirkNowitzki41]Chandler Parsons @ChandlerParsons

stalkerforlife
07-24-2014, 11:19 PM
I think maybe they outed Parsons, not Morey, because they didn't want him to take any of their shine.

stalkerforlife
07-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Follow

Follow

He was our best all-around player his senior season and won conference player of the year.

Chill, bro.

shrempf_on_rice
07-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Watch next summer Morey gonna package a sign and trade with Harden included for a better FA. Im gonna laugh..
:roll:

nathanjizzle
07-24-2014, 11:23 PM
harden is another version of melo. dude is overrated people act like hes the kind of superstar that can transform a team. He cant. glorified bench player.

miggyme1
07-24-2014, 11:52 PM
the verdict is still out on harden. last season was just his second season being the face of a franchise. people act like it was his 10th.

ariza is a good addition...a good 3 point shooter and great defender..that will help mask hardens defensive struggles. i just dont know if this makes the rockets a BETTER team tho...id like to see if troy daniels can become a solid pg...because the rockets need a pg that can facilitate,defend, and at least hit open jumpers..something lin couldnt do and beverly couldnt do either.

at this point in his career dwight is a glorified athlete playing center. dude should consider retiring from the nba and go play tight end in the nfl.he would be the best eva...if he can catch.

Just2McFly
07-24-2014, 11:56 PM

Yet MJ was degrading/punching teammates left right and center.... he's the GOAT.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 12:09 AM
the verdict is still out on harden. last season was just his second season being the face of a franchise. people act like it was his 10th.

ariza is a good addition...a good 3 point shooter and great defender..that will help mask hardens defensive struggles. i just dont know if this makes the rockets a BETTER team tho...id like to see if troy daniels can become a solid pg...because the rockets need a pg that can facilitate,defend, and at least hit open jumpers..something lin couldnt do and beverly couldnt do either.

at this point in his career dwight is a glorified athlete playing center. dude should consider retiring from the nba and go play tight end in the nfl.he would be the best eva...if he can catch.

Daniels is 100% a shooting guard....

because the rockets need a pg that can facilitate,defend, and at least hit open jumpers

A little iffy on the assists as most of them are from Harden, but Beverly made All-NBA Defensive 2nd team and shot 36% from deep in his first season as a starter.

He gets a lot of hate, but the dude can ball, and is by far the hardest worker of anyone on the team. It wouldn't surprise me to see him vastly improve his game. Dude was in EurAsia two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=preYt4ux9sE

Just watch him in ONE game against GSW. Dude is everywhere all the time.

Le Shaqtus
07-25-2014, 12:11 AM
harden is another version of melo. dude is overrated people act like hes the kind of superstar that can transform a team. He cant. glorified bench player.

At least Melo can shoot inside the 3 point line.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 12:22 AM
At least Melo can shoot inside the 3 point line.

0-3 FT
Harden - 63%
Anthony - 59%

3-10 FT
Harden - 40%
Anthony - 32%

10-16 FT
Harden - 46%
Anthony - 44%

16-3pt
Harden - 41%
Anthony - 45%

Another SC highlight watcher who doesn't actually know what he's talking about. Imagine that.

no pun intended
07-25-2014, 12:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYWi-65Byh4

Apparently, Lin agrees with Harden's comments @4:13

GimmeThat
07-25-2014, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't say he is a sure lock for the HOF.

but I think he's got what it takes.

KungFuJoe
07-25-2014, 12:53 AM
Harden is just an immature baby taking shots at Parsons cuz he's getting paid somewhere else.

His attitude sucks and worst of all...he thinks he's just fine the way he is.

All of you Harden homers hoping he starts playing D or develops an offensive skillset that doesn't involve flopping like a bitch are in for a rude awakening next season and the next and the next and so on.

I predicted this shit two seasons ago...you Houston fans should be consulting me on anything your team does from now on because my crystal ball was on lock.

But here...lemme save you some time and trouble. What is Houston's future like?

Failure. Disgusting failure.

Le Shaqtus
07-25-2014, 01:12 AM
0-3 FT
Harden - 63%
Anthony - 59%

3-10 FT
Harden - 40%
Anthony - 32%

10-16 FT
Harden - 46%
Anthony - 44%

16-3pt
Harden - 41%
Anthony - 45%

Another SC highlight watcher who doesn't actually know what he's talking about. Imagine that.

That mid range game really helped in the playoffs right?

Oh wait..

I don't give a shit about statistics, you're stuck with a self entitled chucker who's a regular season warrior, so have fun with that.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 01:15 AM

Oh wait..

I don't give a shit about statistics, you're stuck with a self entitled chucker who's a regular season warrior, so have fun with that.
Oh wait....

you made a point that was completely incorrect so now its my fault. Just watch a few games now and then, you'll pick it up.

Le Shaqtus
07-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Oh wait....

you made a point that was completely incorrect so now its my fault. Just watch a few games now and then, you'll pick it up.

Ok? I was wrong about a stat, better go kill myself :oldlol:

branslowski
07-25-2014, 01:24 AM

ISH never changes, n!ggas still talk out they ass and act like b!tches wen they're called out on it .

Le Shaqtus
07-25-2014, 01:26 AM
ISH never changes, n!ggas still talk out they ass and act like b!tches wen they're called out on it .

What are you talking about? I owned up to it :lol

Jameerthefear
07-25-2014, 01:28 AM
0-3 FT
Harden - 63%
Anthony - 59%

3-10 FT
Harden - 40%
Anthony - 32%

10-16 FT
Harden - 46%
Anthony - 44%

16-3pt
Harden - 41%
Anthony - 45%

attempts?

tragicbronson
07-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Give me Jimmy Butler over this guy. Just can't stand guys who are so lazy on defensive and and don't want to play D.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 01:58 AM
attempts?
Harden attempted 722 2pt FG's shooting at 52%, 60% of his total shot attempts.

Melo attempted 1228 2pt FG's shooting at 47%, 75% of his total shot attempts.

Dude is just an idiot who only gets his information from ISH.

The crazy thing is Melo takes 75% of his shots inside the 3pt arc and still only shot 45% to Harden's 46%. I thought Melo was a better 3pt shooter than that. Maybe it just seems that way cause the dude is so clutch.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 01:59 AM

You tried to throw out a one line zinger that wasn't anywhere close to accurate...

So yeah, you should.

Xover
07-25-2014, 02:00 AM
"That's a pretty ridiculous statement if he meant that," Parsons said. "That's part of the reason I wanted to go to Dallas, because I'm ready for that next step. I'm ready for a bigger role, and I'm ready for more leadership.
"If anybody should understand that, it's James, because he was in the same situation in Oklahoma City and then he got his chance to come to Houston and shine. I'm not real sure what that means."

Harden vs Parsons rivalry

GimmeThat
07-25-2014, 02:17 AM

Oh wait..

I might have to consider that as an aspect of versatility as well

GimmeThat
07-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Harden vs Parsons rivalry

well, 1st round exits are 1st round exits.

maybe they just weren't a good fit.

Le Shaqtus
07-25-2014, 02:28 AM
You tried to throw out a one line zinger that wasn't anywhere close to accurate...

So yeah, you should.

God forbid I'm wrong on the internet :rolleyes:

Jameerthefear
07-25-2014, 02:32 AM
Harden attempted 722 2pt FG's shooting at 52%, 60% of his total shot attempts.

Melo attempted 1228 2pt FG's shooting at 47%, 75% of his total shot attempts.

Dude is just an idiot who only gets his information from ISH.

The crazy thing is Melo takes 75% of his shots inside the 3pt arc and still only shot 45% to Harden's 46%. I thought Melo was a better 3pt shooter than that. Maybe it just seems that way cause the dude is so clutch.
Melo shoots vastly more attempts...
of course it'd be lower...

Smook A.
07-25-2014, 02:42 AM
I predicted this shit two seasons ago...
Want a cookie?

Milbuck
07-25-2014, 02:42 AM
Pretty arrogant stuff for a guy that routinely gets his ass handed to him in the big moments.

BoutPractice
07-25-2014, 05:41 AM
The man desperately needs a wake up call. (Perhaps another choke next year would do the trick?)

Since he's been on the NBA he's always been given the greenlight by coaches (and executives) who enable him in playing predictable iso ball and not giving any effort on defense.

A real coach wouldn't tolerate that. They would give him some tough love, be as hard on him as on any rookie, and push him towards expanding his game... McHale isn't going to do that.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 06:20 AM
He was our best all-around player his senior season and won conference player of the year.

Chill, bro.
You're right.

I stand corrected.

Doranku
07-25-2014, 07:05 AM
The man desperately needs a wake up call. (Perhaps another choke next year would do the trick?)

Since he's been on the NBA he's always been given the greenlight by coaches (and executives) who enable him in playing predictable iso ball and not giving any effort on defense.

A real coach wouldn't tolerate that. They would give him some tough love, be as hard on him as on any rookie, and push him towards expanding his game... McHale isn't going to do that.

What do you mean a wake up call?

James Harden is a born loser. There is no "wake up call" that's going to change that. Man plays like a loser, has the attitude of a loser, plays zero defense whatsoever, and quite frankly is a very average player when he isn't getting his usual bogus foul calls (see the playoffs last year).

The guy isn't someone you want in a lead role on your team if you're looking to win. Period.

BoutPractice
07-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Look, I dislike Harden as much as the next guy.

He's really not my cup of tea, and if I were to build a championship team I would not make him the leader.

But looking at it objectively, he's a 24 year old averaging 25, 5 and 6 for a team that won 55 games in the West. Was the third option on a team that went all the way to the Finals at 22... and there's a relative consensus that he's the best SG in the league by this point. This isn't Darko Milicic we're talking about. He's obviously talented and productive, and if you look at his age, you have to wonder: is this truly the best he can be or does he still have room to grow?

24 for a star is typically when you're fresh and putting up stats. It looks good on the box score, but there's something missing. By 28 many players get smarter and improve their all around games... I think with the right guidance he can get to that point like several players have before him. But he needs to change his attitude.

I'm not saying he's LeBron, nor will he ever be, but let's remember that LeBron also used to be an entitled prick who didn't play defense.

We shouldn't assume that 28-29 year old Harden is going to be the exact same person or player as 24 year old Harden. If nothing happens, he might be. But with the right coach (or the right choke that draws national attention to his failings) he can get to that next level.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-25-2014, 07:49 AM
lol Harden has probably become the most underrated player on this forum...and i dont even like him that much.

crisoner
07-25-2014, 09:51 AM
lol Harden has probably become the most underrated player on this forum...and i dont even like him that much.

Great offensive player who does not play dee.

Bandito
07-25-2014, 10:11 AM
That's not underrated, that's fact:coleman:

Mr Exlax
07-25-2014, 10:45 AM
All we need is a good coach and Harden will transform back into a 2 way player. I don't think what he said was bad. What people fail to realize is that role players can score 25 or 30 points, grab 20+ boards on any given night but they can't do it consistently like the superstars can. Being a role player is not a bad thing people.

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 01:12 PM
I highly doubt that "cornerstones" of a franchise play like this on a regular basis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

stevieming
07-25-2014, 04:02 PM
I highly doubt that "cornerstones" of a franchise play like this on a regular basis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

meh, that was painful to watch....

I refuse to believe any nba player can be so bad on defense without doing it on purpose.....

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Chandler Parsons' reply to James Harden...

[QUOTE]Chandler Parsons @ChandlerParsons

DMAVS41
07-25-2014, 05:31 PM
This season is gonna be great for these 4 games....hopefully there is a playoff series as well this year or next.

Would be really fun.

sfballa13
07-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Harden is one of the biggest cunnts in the NBA

Last season WITH Dwight they couldnt get out of round one

LMFAO what are they going to do now that they lost Chandler and got Mr. Contract Year himself Ariza who ****ed them once before

Dwight is a punk and so is Harden those two scum bags deserve each other and they will be lucky to sniff the 2nd round

TREADMILL TEAM!

Mr Exlax
07-25-2014, 11:25 PM
This season is gonna be great for these 4 games....hopefully there is a playoff series as well this year or next.

Would be really fun.

I'm willing to bet every game will have playoff intensity. I'm excited. Fugg the Mavs!

:cheers:

UK2K
07-25-2014, 11:51 PM

Would be really fun.

Love to see them end up the #4/5 seeds.

That. Would. Be. Sick.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 11:51 PM
http://youtu.be/3oJfqcu3i1M

gts
07-26-2014, 01:30 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2h746e9.png

UK2K
07-26-2014, 01:38 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2h746e9.png

Parsons is easily more likable than Harden.

That doesn't change the fact that nobody on the Rockets roster disagrees with him but Parsons.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 03:04 AM
it's probably a GM's nightmare when they have to face their owner and trying to decide "jersey sales" or "win column"

dubeta
07-26-2014, 03:34 AM
By harden's definition, he was a role player in OKC

PickernRoller
07-26-2014, 04:07 AM
Dwight and Harden building dat chemistry...:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

UK2K
07-26-2014, 05:40 AM
By harden's definition, he was a role player in OKC
He was.

And he thought he was a star, so he went elsewhere, which is exactly what Parsons did.

Whats your point?

SpaceJammeR
07-26-2014, 07:33 AM
fk james haren.