PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever played a NBA player when they were in high school

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 09:17 PM
My friend played one and had to guard him. The future NBA star dropped 50 on him, Tyreke Evans.

Milbuck
07-24-2014, 09:23 PM
My cousin played Anthony Davis and Perspectives when he was a junior in high school. Wish I could've seen it.

nathanjizzle
07-24-2014, 09:28 PM
i didnt play with him when he was in highschool. but dwyane wade and me went to the same highschool. The summer before he won the 2006 championship he was at the highschool gym and i was there and we were shooting around. he wasnt a big deal back then. Its weird because their was a baseball game happening outside the gym and there was a huge crowd watching the baseball game, but only a dozen people in the basketball gym hanging out with dwyane wade.

Cocaine80s
07-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Hopefully. I'm a freshman this year

ralph_i_el
07-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Oh so that's why you're so stupid

zoom17
07-24-2014, 09:32 PM

:roll:

Wavves
07-24-2014, 09:33 PM
:oldlol:

HomieWeMajor
07-24-2014, 09:33 PM
I played against Wilt Chamberlain back in the day.
Statpadding loser offered me 50 dollars and two white women to let him collect all the rebounds. Also say saw JLauber in the bleachers with the vaseline.

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2014, 09:35 PM
We were playing this highly touted team, St. Vincent's St. Mary's from Akron, Ohio. There was this player who was getting a lot of media attention at the time, everyone thought he was going to make it big in the NBA. I held him to 40 points, and to be honest, he was never really heard from again, I'm not even sure if he was drafted

niko
07-24-2014, 09:36 PM
The best players i ever played with were a couple of bench guys on Michigan, both on the team I was on during the game (so i didnt guard anyone). The speed they moved at was sick. Puts perspective on what NBa must be like.

Yankstar
07-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Statpadding loser offered me 50 dollars and two white women to let him collect all the rebounds. Also say saw JLauber in the bleachers with the vaseline.

:roll: :applause:

inclinerator
07-24-2014, 09:39 PM
my cousin dropped 40 on yuki togashi he aint sht!

TheMarkMadsen
07-24-2014, 09:48 PM
When my brother was in high school Tyron Lue came to the local park and played.

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2014, 09:51 PM
When my brother was in high school Tyron Lue came to the local park and played.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3092391/iverson3.gif

TylerOO
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Brother in law played with Al Harrington

tgan3
07-24-2014, 09:56 PM
i've played against professional players but not nba

Mure
07-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Played against JJ Sullinger, Jared's brother. Was 6'6 230ish. Probably had like a 35 inch vert. Pretty solid player, played in Italy and another place in Europe. I'm only 6'3 225 and guarding him was a pain in my dick.

MrC1991
07-24-2014, 10:02 PM
No but I've played with and against Verdell Jones 3rd (played at Indiana) Ravonte Rice ( playing at illinois now) at local parks in champaign, IL when I lived there.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 10:04 PM
:lol Kid is an idiot. This just proves it more.

sejoon101
07-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Nate robinson mario chalmers. When this 6 9 dude talking mad slick to nate, 2 plays later this nikka nate flew from slightly inside the free throw line to put on the sickest block ive seen IRL. After the swat he said "Get that sorry shit the *** outta here" Also proceeded to dunk with godlike speed from one end of the floor to the other. Hands down the sickest ballin ive seen in my life. Nikka is sooooo fast and his handles are so clean it was absurd.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Yeah I have played a few bench players from mid tier D1 schools. They toasted me. The center for our team in high school got a lot of low tier D1 and high tier D2 looks and was averaging 20+/10+. I can hold my own against a few of my friends who were D2 and D3 recruits who didn't take it (pretty much 2 star athletes by most websites that had them up). Played a dude (forgot which school he went to) who played for some no name division 1 team in a pickup game. He was hitting from crazy range and doing dunks on fastbreaks. I was on his team... we literally just gave him the ball and just watched.

KyleKong
07-24-2014, 10:08 PM
:roll:

ralph_i_el
07-24-2014, 10:15 PM
:lol Kid is an idiot. This just proves it more.

He's just a kid:confusedshrug: 95% of kids his age are ignorant assholes.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
He's just a kid:confusedshrug: 95% of kids his age are ignorant assholes.

Ahaha yeah. I was a pimpled little manlet who thought he was the shyt also

Rake2204
07-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I do not believe I played any future NBA players while I was in high school. I played Noah Herron though, who played a few years in the NFL. Also, Greg Jennings was in my AAU program (Kalamazoo Blues) but in one age bracket above me.

The best players i ever played with were a couple of bench guys on Michigan, both on the team I was on during the game (so i didnt guard anyone). The speed they moved at was sick. Puts perspective on what NBa must be like.If I may ask, which Michigan players were they?

UK2K
07-24-2014, 11:00 PM
I played against Rondo in AAU. He tore me the **** up. He was actually a year old than me but my team was playing in an age bracket above us.

I also played with many current NBA players when I lived in Louisville, because lots of UK players would play on the Blue Courts on Kentucky's campus.

Davis, MKG (got signed balls from both in college), Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, John Wall, Darius Miller, Doron Lamb was there a lot (not sure if he still plays) never saw Big Cuz out there though.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 11:03 PM
I played against Rondo in AAU. He tore me the **** up.

I also played with many current NBA players when I lived in Louisville, because lots of UK players would play on the Blue Courts on Kentucky's campus.

Davis, MKG (got signed balls from both in college), Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, John Wall, Darius Miller, Doron Lamb was there a lot (not sure if he still plays) never saw Big Cuz out there though.

:eek: Dude, that's awesome.

outbreak
07-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Patty Mills.

Smook A.
07-24-2014, 11:09 PM
My big brother played with Rashard Lewis in Hastings High School which is in Houston. He told me they have talked a bit and all Rashard talked about was getting paid big one day

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2014, 11:10 PM
My big brother played with Rashard Lewis in Hastings High School which is in Houston. He told me they have talked a bit and all Rashard talked about was getting paid big one day

Sums up his career :lol

UK2K
07-24-2014, 11:10 PM
:eek: Dude, that's awesome.

Right on UK's campus there are 4 full court blue basketball courts that turn into a pretty sick show on weekends. It's like Rucker Park, crowds, lights. Sometimes the UK players will stop by and play during the Spring or Summer.

For the record, I got completely wrecked on those courts when the big boys showed up at sundown.

Mr.Kite
07-24-2014, 11:13 PM

explains everything

robert de niro
07-24-2014, 11:19 PM
rubio in a local tournament when we were 15, ibaka played in my club back in spain (before he made it to the professional league) but a year older so I only got to train with him once or twice, also remember the team a couple years above me above me got to play against rondo and josh smith (oak hill) in some tournament

Fiddlesticks
07-24-2014, 11:29 PM
Josh Smith dropped 50 on me and held me to 0 points. One of the best showings I've ever seen. I love Josh.

UK2K
07-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Josh Smith dropped 50 on me and held me to 0 points. One of the best showings I've ever seen. I love Josh.
It happens. As I said, when I played Rondo in AAU I'm pretty sure he had 30 something at halftime. Then he left to go play for another team somewhere.

iznogood
07-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Played against Goran Dragic a couple of times, he was running so fast I couldn't believe it is even possible.

Fiddlesticks
07-24-2014, 11:49 PM
It happens. As I said, when I played Rondo in AAU I'm pretty sure he had 30 something at halftime. Then he left to go play for another team somewhere.
haha yea Josh is so good handsome and good at basketball, I'm not even mad. Top 10 PF in today's NBA for sure.

Maga_1
07-24-2014, 11:51 PM
rubio in a local tournament when we were 15, ibaka played in my club back in spain (before he made it to the professional league) but a year older so I only got to train with him once or twice, also remember the team a couple years above me above me got to play against rondo and josh smith (oak hill) in some tournament

Jugaste en L'Hospitalet? :lol

Meticode
07-24-2014, 11:53 PM
I never played a player, but my junior year my high school played LeBron's in state in Columbus and we won. I got to see the game live.

robert de niro
07-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Jugaste en L'Hospitalet? :lol
yes :applause:

Natureland
07-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Never played an NBA player, but I did see high school Stephen Curry destroy one of our local teams down the stretch of a tournament.

Maga_1
07-25-2014, 12:17 AM
yes :applause:

Nice, we are from the age group i think :lol
I played against some spanish teams, but i don't think i played against your squad.

Still playing?

imnew09
07-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Subbed into the game at 4th qter to play against Lebron. Made a wise choice

robert de niro
07-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Nice, we are from the age group i think :lol
I played against some spanish teams, but i don't think i played against your squad.

Still playing?
not anymore, I quit a while ago, what's your team?

KG215
07-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Used to play pick-up some with Sonny Weems when he was in college. I know he's not in the NBA anymore, but still. Missed playing against Ronnie Brewer by a couple of years. He was a senior when I was a sophomore. I mean, technically, I was on the team when we played them but I didn't get any PT in 10th grade.

GimmeThat
07-25-2014, 12:38 AM
I just remember seeing the face on my guys when they were about to play against Greg Oden's high school team.

j3lademaster
07-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Statpadding loser offered me 50 dollars and two white women to let him collect all the rebounds. Also say saw JLauber in the bleachers with the vaseline.Did you accept? Sounds like a nice deal.

GOATbrook
07-25-2014, 04:11 AM
Jusuf Nurkić played for my high school in Celje. I even think he was bench player for our school because team was so stacked. Guess coach was crazy not to play him. Nurkić is now in the NBA, school starting center was Alen Omić (guy who play for Olimpija) :oldlol:

dreamwarrior
07-25-2014, 04:16 AM
No but my friends and I played a pickup half court 3 on 3 against these ridiculously good players 20-30y when we were 12 and 14. They were like so much better than us.

07-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Nate robinson mario chalmers. When this 6 9 dude talking mad slick to nate, 2 plays later this nikka nate flew from slightly inside the free throw line to put on the sickest block ive seen IRL. After the swat he said "Get that sorry shit the *** outta here" Also proceeded to dunk with godlike speed from one end of the floor to the other. Hands down the sickest ballin ive seen in my life. Nikka is sooooo fast and his handles are so clean it was absurd.

That's the impression I get when I watch NBA games in real life as well. Even below average players in the L would make most of us pedestrians look like scrubs while they are g0d like...

07-25-2014, 07:20 AM
I went to HS during the mid to late 90s and they were no potential NBA prospects from Seattle (where I was living at the time) besides Jamal Crawford.

My HS didn't play against his but I saw the final of the state title on local TV. His team was rainier beach HS (which is located in a pred black neighborhood with most blacks and Hispanics) and they played a pred white team who had their own star named mark Bigelow (BYU player later in the fall).

The difference was figuratively and racially black and white in the crowds. The way fans student body celebrated good plays, the way the teams played. Etc...

Jamal Crawford though played like a black hole. He was super skilled at 6 foot 5 with his dribbling and fakes and moves but he looked like he coasted. The opposing team played better together but some how lost in the end because of Jamal's overwhelming talent.

Intersting trivia: Jamal was not MVP of the state title tournament but their rotund (300+ LBS) 6'5" center was. Jamal was never McDonald's all American either...this is baffling considering he made the NBA as a lottery pick.

To answer OP this is the closest I would ever to get sharing a floor with an NBA player. His team played in the same class as my HS did (in Washington state it was class AAA). And had I made my varsity squad (even as a bench warmer) I would have ran on the same floor as Jamal.

sejoon101
07-25-2014, 07:21 AM
That's the impression I get when I watch NBA games in real life as well. Even below average players in the L would make most of us pedestrians look like scrubs while they are g0d like...

Well, Chalmers I saw him in HS, when he was a JR and SR... Didn't really read title too well, because I saw Nate in college. He was playing ball at the park every day in the summer, pick up games all day. One day I was just shooting around, and when they started the full court, I was just on the sideline, rdy to watch, and Nate asks if I want to play... sure, they're short 1... I played on the opposite team as Nate, I just stood back and passed the ball right away, didn't get in anyone's way...

I mean, I seen guys like Payton play IRL and of course I was blown away, just in awe... But a lot of my friends, in basketball discussions, sometimes talk about "dude I wonder how good Barea is IRL" Aka short dudes for the League.. And let me tell you, Nate is just.. filthy... For every inch he is at a disadvantage, he makes it up with sheer speed and skill. If any ISHers could see Nate doing a dunk on a 9.5 ft rim IRL, I swear you'd all shiit a brick.

ILLsmak
07-25-2014, 08:02 AM
I try to catch potential nba players in middle school or younger. About 9 or 10 if I can and just dominate them.

-Smak

HomieWeMajor
07-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Did you accept? Sounds like a nice deal.
Lets just say a couple of snowflakes were disowned by their fathers after that night.

07-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Well, Chalmers I saw him in HS, when he was a JR and SR... Didn't really read title too well, because I saw Nate in college. He was playing ball at the park every day in the summer, pick up games all day. One day I was just shooting around, and when they started the full court, I was just on the sideline, rdy to watch, and Nate asks if I want to play... sure, they're short 1... I played on the opposite team as Nate, I just stood back and passed the ball right away, didn't get in anyone's way...

I mean, I seen guys like Payton play IRL and of course I was blown away, just in awe... But a lot of my friends, in basketball discussions, sometimes talk about "dude I wonder how good Barea is IRL" Aka short dudes for the League.. And let me tell you, Nate is just.. filthy... For every inch he is at a disadvantage, he makes it up with sheer speed and skill. If any ISHers could see Nate doing a dunk on a 9.5 ft rim IRL, I swear you'd all shiit a brick.

Dude...u from Seattle?

STATUTORY
07-25-2014, 12:28 PM
played against Lance Stephenson regularly while in HS

christian1923
07-25-2014, 12:30 PM
I played with Nick Johnson from the rockets.

I played pop warner with him, he was the cry baby of the team but his mom always brought great snacks and showed off the girls

Nowitness
07-25-2014, 12:44 PM
I once guarded Michael Jefferey Jordan in HS. Outscored him.