PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are going to have the best comeback season in history

imnew09
07-24-2014, 09:40 PM
After being a lottery team from last season, Los Angeles Lakers are going to come back strong and become a dangerous threat in the West.

Although this season's roster does not "amaze" people, but it's filled with good role players that complement the others.

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/themes/goodnews481/images/ln_logo_center.png

We're welcoming new fans, so hop on the wagon before we storm off.

zoom17
07-24-2014, 09:43 PM
http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

chosen_one6
07-24-2014, 10:17 PM
After being a lottery team from last season, Los Angeles Lakers are going to come back strong and become a dangerous threat in the West.

Although this season's roster does not "amaze" people, but it's filled with good role players that complement the others.

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/themes/goodnews481/images/ln_logo_center.png

Just as delusional as the guy that packs fudge in your ass.

If you don't know who that is just look at your avatar.

stalkerforlife
07-24-2014, 10:19 PM

I'm a Kobe fan before anything else, but this is a great post. You certainly seem to understand his greatness and what he can do with sub-par rosters.

Droid101
07-24-2014, 10:19 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419TEWzj3NL._SY300_.jpg

SouBeachTalents
07-24-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm a Kobe fan before anything else, but this is a great post. You certainly seem to understand his greatness and what he can do with sub-par rosters.

First round exits?

stalkerforlife
07-24-2014, 10:24 PM
First round exits?

Kwame, Luke, Smush, etc?

Literally the worst roster in the history of the Lakers, yet he managed to get them to compete with the most stacked team in the league.

imnew09
07-24-2014, 10:47 PM
First round exits?

This aint no SouBeach. This is LakeShow :bowdown:

SpecialQue
07-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Haven't seen a Laker team this stacked in years. :eek:

TheMilkyBarKid
07-24-2014, 11:01 PM
I like randle but he won't be that good, settle down.

robert de niro
07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
is that a fridge with star magnets in the logo?

T_L_P
07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Kwame, Luke, Smush, etc?

Literally the worst roster in the history of the Lakers, yet he managed to get them to compete with the most stacked team in the league.

Stop with the hyperbole pizza face.

Some of those early-to-mid 90s Laker squads were was, as was the one which Kobe missed the Playoffs with.

To OP: Lakers are in the bottom half of the non-Playoff teams in the West.

stalkerforlife
07-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Stop with the hyperbole pizza face.

Some of those early-to-mid 90s Laker squads were was, as was the one which Kobe missed the Playoffs with.

To OP: Lakers are in the bottom half of the non-Playoff teams in the West.

What?

D-Rose
07-24-2014, 11:38 PM
in b4 35 win season and no lottery pick.

SpecialQue
07-24-2014, 11:39 PM
in b4 35 win season and no lottery pick.

This both pissed me the fvck off and made me laugh.

D-Rose
07-24-2014, 11:41 PM
lol understandable. probably the most likely outcome here.

poido123
07-24-2014, 11:44 PM

:lol:

OP just a little optimistic, the team is full of odd misfits.

You guys would be better off sucking for picks I'm afraid.

imnew09
07-25-2014, 12:18 AM
is that a fridge with star magnets in the logo?

Those are banners filled with championships. Im not surprised you didnt know because your team prolly havent won shit

oh the horror
07-25-2014, 12:23 AM
I know it's something to have faith but let's not get crazy.

Kobe is a lot older now off a serious injury. Best to just enjoy his remaining years because to me this is a farewell tour. The team will have bright spots and excite I'm sure. But I'd be shocked if they made any significant runs this year.

Here's to hoping for health at least. Last season was brutal.

fiddy
07-25-2014, 12:29 AM
I hope we can take Rockets'spot in the playoffs

robert de niro
07-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Those are banners filled with championships. Im not surprised you didnt know because your team prolly havent won shit
nah it's a fridge
http://i.imgur.com/6c7BSrj.gif

lakerspng
07-25-2014, 12:50 AM
this game is in the refrigerator. the doors are closed, the lights are out, the butter's getting hard and the jello is jiggling...

I miss Chick.

TheMarkMadsen
07-25-2014, 12:52 AM
We don't even have a coach.

poido123
07-25-2014, 01:14 AM

Which makes OPs proclamation hilarious :lol:

I do like the cap positioning of the lakers for 2016 and the signing of Lin. They know what they are doing.

GimmeThat
07-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Jack Nickolson is lost.

we need some help.

BlkMambaGOAT
07-25-2014, 01:25 AM
nah it's a fridge
http://i.imgur.com/6c7BSrj.gif
Dat's to show that the Lakers are cold-blooded like their leader, Kobe.

imnew09
07-25-2014, 03:20 AM

We got leadership. Coaches are overrated unless its Pop or Phil

JUDGE WITNESS
07-25-2014, 03:52 AM
tank mode imminent

D-Rose
07-25-2014, 08:15 AM
We got leadership. Coaches are overrated unless its Pop or Phil
What? Have you not been paying attention to THE LAKERS since Phil retired? Two disastrous coaching hires that were at the very heart of their failures the past few years.

Rocketswin2013
07-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Their offense should be at least decent. They'll struggle defensively though.

LBJFTW
07-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Lakers are a sorry ass team and their fans deserved to watch them suck for a few years. Maybe it will teach the fans some humility.

Bandito
07-25-2014, 10:08 AM
So many people envy of Lakers fan

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Posters like the OP are an embarrassment to real Lakers fans. :facepalm

The miracle ceiling for this year's team, if the stars align and everything plays out perfectly, is MAYBE the 8 seed and a first-round sweep. More realistically, the Lakers will probably end up another middling team in the West. They won't tank, since they have no incentive to since they don't have their own first round pick this year due to the horrible Steve Nash trade. :banghead:

I'll still watch when I can, because this team looks like it might at least be interesting (as long as they don't hire a horrible coach like Dumbleavy). Basketball Reasons, D'Antoni-gate and the Dwightmare have decimated the Lakers. :kobe:

magic chiongson
07-25-2014, 01:14 PM
2015 1st round
2016 2nd round
2017 nba finals (kobe vets minimum, durant fmvp)
:applause::applause::applause:

imnew09
07-25-2014, 02:27 PM
What? Have you not been paying attention to THE LAKERS since Phil retired? Two disastrous coaching hires that were at the very heart of their failures the past few years.

Two disastrous seasons are due to kobes injury

riseagainst
07-25-2014, 02:29 PM
2015 1st round
2016 2nd round
2017 nba finals (kobe vets minimum, durant fmvp)
:applause::applause::applause:

:roll: :roll:

D-Rose
07-25-2014, 02:30 PM
No doubt missing him has been terrible...but umm, he's not going to be the same player from like 2011, FYI.

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 02:33 PM

Even if Kobe had returned to form last year, that Lakers team was going nowhere. After the Dwightmare and D'Antoni, the Lakers are in very bad shape. This year should at least be better than last year, because hey, adding a healthy Kobe and subtracting a terrible D'Antoni is a win-win situation. :kobe:

Nastradamus
07-25-2014, 02:49 PM
D'antoni was not the problem and he's a better coach than Scott IMO. Those were terrible rosters. Everyone was hurt when they did have talent.

wakencdukest
07-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Lakers are a sorry ass team and their fans deserved to watch them suck for a few years. Maybe it will teach the fans some humility.

What the hell do you know about humility?

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 02:58 PM
D'antoni was not the problem and he's a better coach than Scott IMO. Those were terrible rosters. Everyone was hurt when they did have talent.

:facepalm

Yes he was. There were injuries, sure, and last year's team probably had a ceiling of fighting for the #8 seed, but D'Antoni was absolutely the problem. As someone who actually watched the games last year, until Kobe broke his kneecap (and finished the game!):

-D'Antoni insisting Gasol shoot mid-range jumpers instead of playing on the block and using his finesse passing to make plays.

-D'Antoni had a man-crush on Shawne Williams when everybody and their 90 year old grandma knew he was hot garbage. Management probably cut Williams to stop D'Antoni from playing him all those minutes over the other decent bigs on the team.

-D'Antoni playing Jordan Hill like 15 minutes a game because he still had a grudge against Hill from New York for whatever reason. Or maybe because Hill actually played some defense and didn't jack 3's all day. Who knows?

-D'Antoni's whole system was "jack 3s and play no defense". That works when you have prime Steve Nash and Amare. Notice how well it (hasn't) worked since D'Antoni left Phoenix?

-Finally, D'Antoni and Nash are inseperably intertwined. That Nash trade is one of the worst trades in recent NBA history. Sure no one could have foreseen the issues that Nash has had recovering, but he was still mad old when they traded for him and gave him almost $30 million over 3 years. Why? Because he's D'Antoni's guy.

I mean, seriously. Saying D'Antoni wasn't the main problem shows a lack of understanding of basketball fundamentals and what actually happened to the Lakers. I didn't even get into all the drama of when D'Antoni was coaching during the Dwightmare! :lol

:kobe:

hawke812
07-25-2014, 03:05 PM
55 win season incoming.

imnew09
07-25-2014, 05:48 PM
No doubt missing him has been terrible...but umm, he's not going to be the same player from like 2011, FYI.

Coming from D-Rose, you would know better.

-D'Antoni insisting Gasol shoot mid-range jumpers instead of playing on the block and using his finesse passing to make plays.

Pau shooting 3 shatters my heart every time

dreamwarrior
07-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Lakers were one of the highest scoring teams in the league but were near dead last on defense. They didn't add much to their team defensively but they will have better scoring options. I don't think it's a stretch to say the Lakers can improve to a playoff team next year. If they can't make the playoffs with Kobe, Lin, Hill, Randle and Young that's pretty sad.

D-Rose
07-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Coming from D-Rose, you would know better.

Pau shooting 3 shatters my heart every time
I never said Rose was going to be the same player.

Also, Bryant is in his...19th season or something?