PDA

View Full Version : Should Boozer start over Randle?

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:11 PM
An interview asked Boozer if he would be starting on the lakers and he said "Absolutely". Boozer coming off the bench for a rookie tho :lol

i would love to see that

(e)
07-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Boozer would be one of the all time great bum slayers

Really though, he probably should start if the Lakers want to be competitive. Once Randle gets used to NBA speed you can make the switch. But Booz is probably the starting PF for the first few months.

no pun intended
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Really though, he probably should start if the Lakers want to be competitive. Once Randle gets used to NBA speed you can make the switch. But Booz is probably the starting PF for the first few months.
This.

longtime lurker
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM
**** no! Randle should start no questions asked. Let the rook get some experience

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:24 PM

Whats the point of being competitive. Why not let Randle just play and tank the season. They can draft Jahlil Okafor next year( aka the next Tim Duncan)

Ca$H
07-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Whats the point of being competitive. Why not let Randle just play and tank the season. They can draft Jahlil Okafor next year( aka the next Tim Duncan)

LOL. More like the next Al Jefferson.

no pun intended
07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
You're talking about the Lakers here. You should know that they play with dignity and try their utmost best to be competitive each season, despite their weaknesses.

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:30 PM
You're talking about the Lakers here. You should know that they play with dignity and try their utmost best to be competitive each season, despite their weaknesses.
http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/chris-kaman-photoshop-snow-white-520x390-2103405.jpg

(e)
07-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Because Kobe Bryant. Tanking for an 18 year old is the dumbest thing ever. Franchises that are doing that nonsense will always be at the bottom - creating a losing culture is a poor way to run a franchise.

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Because Kobe Bryant. Tanking for an 18 year old is the dumbest thing ever. Franchises that are doing that nonsense will always be at the bottom - creating a losing culture is a poor way to run a franchise.
thats funny because the Wizards almost went to the ecf this year while being led by their #1 pick in Wall.
Pelicans wound up getting the best player since Lebron and Durant.

Brizzly
07-25-2014, 08:43 PM
thats funny because the Wizards almost went to the ecf this year while being led by their #1 pick in Wall.

Wall was drafted four years ago and this is their first playoff appearance since he got drafted, is that your best example?

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Wall was drafted four years ago and this is their first playoff appearance since he got drafted, is that your best example?
wouldve made the playoffs last year if he didnt get hurt.

It took Lebron 2 years to make the playoffs. Wall wouldve taken 3, not that big of a difference.

also lets not forget about Blake and the clippers

gts
07-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Boozer will/can start at the center spot Randle at the PF

Hill, Davis and Kelly off the bench

fpliii
07-25-2014, 08:51 PM

That defense. :banana:

FML

wakencdukest
07-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Randle should come off the bench to start and see what happens. Boozer will probably end up injured half the season and it will work itself out.

Brizzly
07-25-2014, 08:53 PM
wouldve made the playoffs last year if he didnt get hurt.

It took Lebron 2 years to make the playoffs. Wall wouldve taken 3, not that big of a difference.

also lets not forget about Blake and the clippers

In LeBrons second season Cavs ended up with 42 wins the same as the 8th seeded Nets but lost out on the tiebreaker.

Even in his first season the Cavs got the 9th seed one game behind the C's for the 8th seed. Wiz also have a lot more talent then the Cavs ever had.

Thorn
07-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Boozer will/can start at the center

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/gag.gif

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:54 PM
In LeBrons second season Cavs ended up with 42 wins the same as the 8th seeded Nets but lost out on the tiebreaker.

Even in his first season the Cavs got the 9th seed one game behind the C's for the 8th seed. Wiz also have a lot more talent then the Cavs ever had.
Well no shit. They tanked and got Beal

Brizzly
07-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Well no shit. They tanked and got Beal

Wow, Beal, great tankjob.

Cocaine80s
07-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Wow, Beal, great tankjob.
:coleman:
Beal is a top 5 sg

(e)
07-25-2014, 08:59 PM
New Jersey, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Golden State all had better odds to get the number one pick over Washington.

My point still stands, tanking for an 18 year old is stupid. Cavs had 1.7% chance at number 1 for Wiggins. Bulls had same odds for Rose. Not worth creating a losing culture for a chance at an unknown.

D-Rose
07-25-2014, 09:00 PM

Wow....going to be a terrible defensive season.

MJ(Mean John)
07-25-2014, 09:03 PM
I would start Boozer and JcHILL.

I want JChill for the defense and Boozers a Vet. Knows other teams.

I would rather Randle play Bench players his rookie year.

Let him develop.

I want the starting like up to have SOME defense.

1- Lin
2- Kobe
3- Johnson
4- Boozer
5- JcHill

Bench

1- clarkson
2- nick Young
3- X. Henry/r.kelly
4- Randle/r.kelly
5- Davis

We have 1 too many Front court players. Someone's not going to get minutes. We need another PG.

Magic731
07-25-2014, 09:04 PM

I thought with Gasol leaving the Lakers wouldn't have any more Amir Johnson's dropping career highs... Guess I was wrong :lol

Magic731
07-25-2014, 09:05 PM
I would start Boozer and JcHILL.

I want JChill for the defense and Boozers a Vet. Knows other teams.

I would rather Randle play Bench players his rookie year.

Let him develop.

I want the starting like up to have SOME defense.

1- Lin
2- Kobe
3- Johnson
4- Boozer
5- JcHill

Bench

1- clarkson
2- nick Young
3- X. Henry/r.kelly
4- Randle/r.kelly
5- Davis

We have 1 too many Front court players. Someone's not going to get minutes. We need another PG.
Kelly will obviously be warming the bench. Davis will be lucky to get 10 minutes a game.

TheMarkMadsen
07-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Lin/Nash/Clarckson
Kobe/Young
Wes/ Xavier
Boozer/ Julius/Kelly
Hill/ Ed Davis/Sacre

If only this was 09 Kobe & Boozer. We'd be a WCF lock.

ihatetimthomas
07-25-2014, 09:14 PM
**** no! Randle should start no questions asked. Let the rook get some experience

Why should he start just to start? Do you think he gets no experience coming off the bench? I am one of the minorities that is happy the Lakers got a vet like Boozer. I think Randle is still raw. It's a lot of pressure to jump into the starting lineup and be expected to be a instant impact player. He can learn a thing or 2 from boozer. Boozer had a bad rap, but he was among the better bigs in the game at one time and he can provide some mentor ship for randle. It might be best for randle to come off the bench to start the season

Inferno
07-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Lin - Nash
Bean - Henry
Young - Johnson
Randle - Boozer - Kelly
Hill - Davis - Sacre

not bad...

Magic731
07-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Will be good to see Young and Kobe play together for an extended time. Nick Young is coming off a season where had a constant green light without Kobe and with Pringles as coach. Wonder if he'll be able to adjust.

UK2K
07-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Psh they need to draft Karl Towns Jr.

That dude is.... magical.

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 11:03 PM

Because the Lakers don't own their 1st round draft pick next year? The Suns have it due to that awful Steve Nash trade.

Because it's the Lakers and they don't do tanking?

Because it's Kobe Bryant and he doesn't like losing?

:confusedshrug:

Anyway, I'd probably have Boozer start for a while and see how Randle develops. If Randle proves to be NBA-ready, then put him in the starting lineup and let him grow. :kobe:

Lin/Nash/Why did they cut Kendall Marshall again who was only making like 800k?
Kobe/Swaggy
Henry/Johnson
Boozer/Randle/Kelly
Hill/Davis

We need a player or two who can play defense on the court sometimes.

Akrazotile
07-25-2014, 11:05 PM
:coleman:
Beal is a top 5 sg

Yeah so is Harden, so is Klay, so is Stephenson, so is Derozan, so is Monta, so is Wade, so is Bledsoe, so is Kobrick, so is Joe Johnson.

Im sure Wiggins will be top five also.

Lot of top 5 SG's

ihatetimthomas
07-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Because the Lakers don't own their 1st round draft pick next year? The Suns have it due to that awful Steve Nash trade.

Because it's the Lakers and they don't do tanking?

Because it's Kobe Bryant and he doesn't like losing?

:confusedshrug:

Anyway, I'd probably have Boozer start for a while and see how Randle develops. If Randle proves to be NBA-ready, then put him in the starting lineup and let him grow. :kobe:

It is top 5 protected

Optimus Prime
07-25-2014, 11:09 PM
It is top 5 protected

Where have you seen that?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

It doesn't mention anything about any protections on the picks. It's why the Lakers traded for Lin and a pick; so they can get a player in the first round this year.

wakencdukest
07-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Where have you seen that?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

It doesn't mention anything about any protections on the picks. It's why the Lakers traded for Lin and a pick; so they can get a player in the first round this year.

It's top 5 protected, which means Phoenix will get it because there's no way the Lakers finish in the bottom five of the league. Everyone on the team got injured last year and they still didn't finish in the bottom five.