PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Offer Stoudemire, Hardaway, Shumpert for Kevin Love. Wolves decline offer.

stallionaire
07-26-2014, 08:13 AM
http://online.wsj.com/articles/source-knicks-made-offer-for-kevin-love-timberwolves-balked-1406329327

SMH and some of you idiots still think we have no leverage.

Let the Summer of Love continue.

He'll go somewhewre, for equal value.

Let the cavs blow up their entire team to try getting him next free agency, which i doubt will happen.

Im Still Ballin
07-26-2014, 08:18 AM
http://online.wsj.com/articles/source-knicks-made-offer-for-kevin-love-timberwolves-balked-1406329327

Let the cavs blow up their entire team to try getting him next free agency, which i doubt will happen.
LMAO.

Some of you wolves fan are INSANE. Just how do you people think you have leverage? Love HIMSELF has said he will ONLY resign with Cleveland. No one is going to trade high value assets for a 1 year rental! LMAO.

Minnesota fans. LMAO

It's Cleveland or nothing, Saunders.

stallionaire
07-26-2014, 08:21 AM
LMAO.

Some of you wolves fan are INSANE. Just how do you people think you have leverage? Love HIMSELF has said he will ONLY resign with Cleveland. No one is going to trade high value assets for a 1 year rental! LMAO.

Minnesota fans. LMAO

It's Cleveland or nothing, Saunders.
Are you retarded?

Love is bluffing. For the Cavs to sign him for the bird rights contract he wants, they will have to blow up the entire team save for Kyrie and LeBron.

Otherwise Love leaves 30mil on the table.

He won't do that just to win.

He can be traded RIGHT NOW and he can make his money.

If he waits, he is ****ed financially.

Human Error
07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
LOL, the Knicks and their fans still think they could get anyone for Iman Shumpert(a more athletic Penny Hardaway my a$$).

3peated
07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
the knicks deal is good imo. not like the wolves are contending either way, that franchise is a joke

bagelred
07-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Worth a shot. You don't know what someone will accept until you ask. I'd rather Knicks wait on Marc Gasol though.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 08:47 AM
If the Cavs can somehow find a way to offer him the salary he wants next season. as well as keeping a championship team in tact.

Good for them.

Real Men Wear Green
07-26-2014, 09:14 AM
So the burglar knocks on the front door and says, "may I please come in? I'd like to steal your most prized possessions. Oh, and sleep with your wife. If there's time." No, I don't see how rejecting this offer means anything.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 09:37 AM
So the burglar knocks on the front door and says, "may I please come in? I'd like to steal your most prized possessions. Oh, and sleep with your wife. If there's time." No, I don't see how rejecting this offer means anything.

right, besides the fact that they are also transfering child support duties, right?

hey, if those kids were more attractive, they might have said yes.

BigTicket
07-26-2014, 09:37 AM
That's really not much of an offer.

I guess the idea is for the Wolves to dump some bad contracts in return for Stoudemire's expiring contract ? And maybe Hardaway can become a solid scoring option off the bench ? Better than nothing I guess, but not exactly great.

MP.Trey
07-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Of course Minnesota declined that. That's literally shit on a platter compared to other offers they've got and will get.

HurricaneKid
07-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Minnesota didn't so much as decline the offer as they laughed hysterically and hung up the phone.

Its the kind of offer that makes a team stop taking your calls.

r0drig0lac
07-26-2014, 09:49 AM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m77tctejAB1rqz17ho1_500.gif

StephHamann
07-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Is this a joke?

Le Shaqtus
07-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Knicks throwing garbage at the Wolves and hoping it'll work. Only Hardaway Jr looks good in that group.

rhowen4
07-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Classic.

R.I.P.
07-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Just to make it clear:

OP did not open this thread to mock the ridiculous Knicks offer. This is even better.

D-Rose
07-26-2014, 10:36 AM
the knicks deal is good imo. not like the wolves are contending either way, that franchise is a joke
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Phil is just playing mind games.

hawkfan
07-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Worth a shot. You don't know what someone will accept until you ask. I'd rather Knicks wait on Marc Gasol though.

Why would Gasol want to leave Memphis for the Knicks?

Meticode
07-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Because real life player moves are exactly like NBA 2K trades and free agent signings.

JtotheIzzo
07-26-2014, 10:41 AM

That offer is slightly better than the three logs I dumped out in last shit.

Slightly.

You'll trade love for Waiters and Thompson.

imdaman99
07-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Because it's easier to go somewhere in the East than the West.

And also, more Spanish fans in NYC than exist in the whole state of Tennessee, and he can play with Caldy.

Im Still Ballin
07-26-2014, 10:45 AM
That offer is slightly better than the three logs I dumped out in last shit.

Slightly.

You'll trade love for Waiters and Thompson.
This.

Quite frankly it's not a bad swap either. Waiters is a future all star and Thompson is a great young rebounder . With the right coach both these guys could look alot better than they have looked under quite frankly, poor coaches.

hawkfan
07-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Because it's easier to go somewhere in the East than the West.

And also, more Spanish fans in NYC than exist in the whole state of Tennessee, and he can play with Caldy.

Chicago can trade Gibson and then sign Marc to play with Noah and Pau.

Nash
07-26-2014, 10:46 AM
lol at that offer :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

poido123
07-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Knicks may of killed all communications with the wolves with that kind of offer :oldlol:

The funniest part is they tryed to offload a bad contract and player in their trade offer, that is fcking hilarious :roll:

Without a pick no less :pimp:

jimmy77x
07-26-2014, 10:54 AM
I Hope the wolves keep thinking they have any kind of leverage and rejecting everyone's offer. Going to be hilarious watching love leave that shit forever lottery franchise, and they get nothing :lol

knickballer
07-26-2014, 10:56 AM
That's the worst trade offer I've seen. Worst than the Gasol-Kwame trade

hawkfan
07-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Stoudemire for someone 26 and 12.

poido123
07-26-2014, 11:04 AM

I'd ask Phil if he's trying to insult me...:lol

No picks, amares bad contract, shumpert hasn't developed much, hard a way is nothing more than a shooter.

Why would the wolves even consider this :oldlol:

stallionaire
07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Just to make it clear:

OP did not open this thread to mock the ridiculous Knicks offer. This is even better.

Are you retarded? It was at idiots thinking Love's childish antics would scare every team away. Knicks offered anyway.

The Knicks offer is beyond ridiculous.

bagelred
07-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Guys, I know this is hard to believe, but GM's make offers to other GM's all the time and usually the other GM says "haha...uh...no". You don't know until you ask.

jimmy77x
07-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Are you retarded? It was at idiots thinking Love's childish antics would scare every team away. Knicks offered anyway.

The Knicks offer is beyond ridiculous.

Wolves really dont have a choice, either get something for love, or add another shitty year to the franchises record and lose him for nothing. Its very simple, love isn't staying. Deal with it.

Optimus Prime
07-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Wow talk about a poo-poo platter! :lol

Sad part is, Knicks fans will probably think this is a great deal for the Wolves.

"B...but Shumpert and Hardaway!"

:kobe:

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 11:50 AM

true, it's not like they can make sure Stoudemire resigns.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 11:56 AM
I'd ask Phil if he's trying to insult me...:lol

No picks, amares bad contract, shumpert hasn't developed much, hard a way is nothing more than a shooter.

Why would the wolves even consider this :oldlol:

because they are over-estimating the agents influence in terms of the Wolves leverage.

but you know, Kevin Love might still prefer to pick up those paychecks.

Draz
07-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Wow talk about a poo-poo platter! :lol

Sad part is, Knicks fans will probably think this is a great deal for the Wolves.

Wolves just hoping they get Wiggins.
Love doesn't want to be there.
Their gambling right now hard

wang4three
07-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I miss it when Amare was a beast. This is laughable now.

el gringos
07-26-2014, 06:19 PM
It's a way better offer than these guys are giving it credit for. Remember that in trading love Minnesota wants to rid themselves of kmart and barea as well. (Knicks could take buddinger, or lrma, or both

Knicks are the only team capable of taking all their deals from then

Love, kmart, barea, shved, _______

For

Hardaway, shumpert, Larkin, thanasis, 2018 1st,

It's the deal that keeps getting better while other teams can't. They might want a Fresh salary cap to start over.

outbreak
07-26-2014, 06:21 PM
This threads premise is hilarious

Sarcastic
07-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Still a better deal than Waiters and Anthony Bust.

JUDGE WITNESS
07-26-2014, 06:59 PM

:lol

red1
07-26-2014, 07:02 PM
respect to the knicks. :applause: trying to make an intelligent move instead of being on the receiving end

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Who would be the best defensive player for the Knicks if this trade happened ?

I'm assuming Kenyon Martin isn't coming back.

hawkfan
07-26-2014, 07:33 PM
If the Knicks were serious, they would offer Bargnani for Martin and Budinger.

Martin and Budinger would be enough offense to get the Knicks into the playoffs, where right now who knows.

hawksdogsbraves
07-26-2014, 08:55 PM
I mean, you can't blame the Knicks for trying :roll: