PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love plays naturally how Miami wanted Bosh to play but..

Hoopz2332
07-26-2014, 08:20 AM
with superior rebounding (bosh was allergic to rebounding), passing ability (bosh is a blackhole) and worse defense (Bosh is more athletic with quicker feet). Lebron and Love should mesh easy on offense but Love's defense is going drive LBJ crazy:oldlol:

Collie
07-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Weird that Bosh was actually a decent rebounder in Toronto. Averaged 24-11 his last year there.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 08:55 AM
with superior rebounding (bosh was allergic to rebounding), passing ability (bosh is a blackhole) and worse defense (Bosh is more athletic with quicker feet). Lebron and Love should mesh easy on offense but Love's defense is going drive LBJ crazy:oldlol:

Irving is different than Wade in that he is a natural passer though. He'll be looking to pass before he looks to score. Plus where he operates on the floor is very different than Wade.

What salary Love commands on his next contract is certainly going to influence the degree of LBJ being crazy over his defense.

GimmeThat
07-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Weird that Bosh was actually a decent rebounder in Toronto. Averaged 24-11 his last year there.

same way Rodman averaged 3/8 against Malone I guess

FreezingTsmoove
07-26-2014, 09:02 AM
same way Rodman averaged 3/8 against Malone I guess

:facepalm

Hoopz2332
07-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Irving is different than Wade in that he is a natural passer though. He'll be looking to pass before he looks to score. Plus where he operates on the floor is very different than Wade.

Irving is a natural passer?:biggums:

DMAVS41
07-26-2014, 02:01 PM

Love's defense is actually not that bad. The issue is simple. Love can't play center like Bosh could.

So the Cavs, with Love, won't be able to go small with Love on the court. They'll need to always have a center out there.

Honestly though...I don't see that as a big issue. They should have a center out there and their best lineup would be some form of;

Kyrie
Waiters or Wiggins (whichever is there)
Lebron
Love
Andy (or quality defensive center)

Having a front line of Lebron/Love/Andy would destroy teams. Nobody would ever get a rebound and the defense would be fine actually from Love in that example. The issue would be guard defense and center defense because Andy is old and often injured.

It just takes proper team building. No more playing a pf at center like the Heat did with Bosh...Bosh could do it, but it wasn't ideal either...not like they didn't get raped by bigs all the time.

So I do think the defense would be a problem, but it actually wouldn't be because of Love. It would be because of Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Miller...and relying heavily on old Andy.

That is why I think it is so crucial to either keep Wiggins...or if they do trade him...to get Dieng back in return. If they trade Wiggins...don't get Dieng...and take back Martin...then yea...the defense really is kind of ****ed.

Hey Yo
07-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Then with Miami, he said he didn't want to bang down low and battle for rebounds anymore. It took to much energy away from being able to play above avg. defense.

KendrickPerkins
07-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Irving is different than Wade in that he is a natural passer though.
:roll:

Kungfro
07-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Someone had to grab rebounds, and it sure as hell wasn't Bargnani.

Kingwillball
07-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Love's defense is actually not that bad. The issue is simple. Love can't play center like Bosh could.

So the Cavs, with Love, won't be able to go small with Love on the court. They'll need to always have a center out there.

Honestly though...I don't see that as a big issue. They should have a center out there and their best lineup would be some form of;

Kyrie
Lebron
Love

Having a front line of Lebron/Love/Andy would destroy teams. Nobody would ever get a rebound and the defense would be fine actually from Love in that example. The issue would be guard defense and center defense because Andy is old and often injured.

It just takes proper team building. No more playing a pf at center like the Heat did with Bosh...Bosh could do it, but it wasn't ideal either...not like they didn't get raped by bigs all the time.

So I do think the defense would be a problem, but it actually wouldn't be because of Love. It would be because of Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Miller...and relying heavily on old Andy.

That is why I think it is so crucial to either keep Wiggins...or if they do trade him...to get Dieng back in return. If they trade Wiggins...don't get Dieng...and take back Martin...then yea...the defense really is kind of ****ed.

The Cavs will play small at least half the time however.. Irving,Wiggins(Waiters,Allen,Martin),Miller,Lebron ,Love will not be an ideal defensive team especially if Wiggins is gone but man will they space the floor even more than the Heat could..Love can somewhat guard the Pau Gasols of the World but obviously would have a tough time covering D12 ect.. Lucky for Cavs there is only 4 or 5 true centers left in the NBA that can dominate down low with a mismatch.

DMAVS41
07-26-2014, 02:47 PM
The Cavs will play small at least half the time however.. Irving,Wiggins(Waiters,Allen,Martin),Miller,Lebron ,Love will not be an ideal defensive team especially if Wiggins is gone but man will they space the floor even more than the Heat could..Love can somewhat guard the Pau Gasols of the World but obviously would have a tough time covering D12 ect.. Lucky for Cavs there is only 4 or 5 true centers left in the NBA that can dominate down low with a mismatch.

The difference is the Heat had Chalmers (way better than Irving defensively), Wade (way better than Waiters defensively), and younger Lebron (probably way better than aging Lebron defensively)...and in Bosh they had a pf that could play center...and play pretty well defensively.

It's completely different. I really don't think this Cavs team could ever get by consistently playing Love at center.

I mean...Irving, Waiters, Miller, Lebron, and Love out there? Ugh....that is horrendous defensively unless Blatt is able to come up with the best zone ever.

Kingwillball
07-26-2014, 02:56 PM
The difference is the Heat had Chalmers (way better than Irving defensively), Wade (way better than Waiters defensively), and younger Lebron (probably way better than aging Lebron defensively)...and in Bosh they had a pf that could play center...and play pretty well defensively.

It's completely different. I really don't think this Cavs team could ever get by consistently playing Love at center.

I mean...Irving, Waiters, Miller, Lebron, and Love out there? Ugh....that is horrendous defensively unless Blatt is able to come up with the best zone ever.

Thing is there is no reason for Waiters,Kyrie and Love not to be good defenders.. Defense is at least 75% trying and bad teams going nowhere don't try nearly as a title contending team. Waiters could be EASILY as good as the Wade we saw in this years playoffs but that is not saying much but he has a similar body type and has young fresh legs. Irving again should improve with Age on defense and honestly Chalmers was overrated in every aspect of his game including defense. Lebron improved ALOT on defense from year 3-8 so some of these young guys still have hope. Same goes for Love who has a big strong body and should at least try harder on a better team. Lebron will not LET the young guys slack so Im not as worried. BTW- Mike Miller is a decent Defender and good rebounder for his size as well.

bizil
07-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Well the Heat liked playing a small lineup and having Bosh being a stretch big man. Love is arguably the best rebounder in the world and is more physical than Bosh. And the only big man Love has to take a backseat to in terms of a stretch big is Dirk. So Love at center when they go small is a better fit. And Love is just flat out a better player at the PF spot anyway. Bosh has the edge on Love though in terms of athletic ability, defense, and slashing to the rack.

DMAVS41
07-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Thing is there is no reason for Waiters,Kyrie and Love not to be good defenders.. Defense is at least 75% trying and bad teams going nowhere don't try nearly as a title contending team. Waiters could be EASILY as good as the Wade we saw in this years playoffs but that is not saying much but he has a similar body type and has young fresh legs. Irving again should improve with Age on defense and honestly Chalmers was overrated in every aspect of his game including defense. Lebron improved ALOT on defense from year 3-8 so some of these young guys still have hope. Same goes for Love who has a big strong body and should at least try harder on a better team. Lebron will not LET the young guys slack so Im not as worried. BTW- Mike Miller is a decent Defender and good rebounder for his size as well.

Love will never be able to protect the rim. I think that is what you are missing. He doesn't have the athleticism or long arms required to protect the paint at center.

It won't work.

Not a big deal though...Love is a fine defender at PF as long as he's got a decent center next to him.

DMAVS41
07-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Well the Heat liked playing a small lineup and having Bosh being a stretch big man. Love is arguably the best rebounder in the world and is more physical than Bosh. And the only big man Love has to take a backseat to in terms of a stretch big is Dirk. So Love at center when they go small is a better fit. And Love is just flat out a better player at the PF spot anyway. Bosh has the edge on Love though in terms of athletic ability, defense, and slashing to the rack.

You are only talking offense.

Love at center with the kind of guard defenders this team has will not work. It wouldn't even work with decent guard defenders.

They would have to go zone, which is a possibility, but hardly ideal.

I don't get why everyone is wanting to play Love at center...it makes very little basketball sense outside of spot minutes here and there. Just get a real center next to Love. This is good for Lebron as well. They don't need to play out of position a lot.

Just ****ing get a real center.

Hoopz2332
07-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Love will never be able to protect the rim. I think that is what you are missing. He doesn't have the athleticism or long arms required to protect the paint at center.

It won't work.

Not a big deal though...Love is a fine defender at PF as long as he's got a decent center next to him.

Agreed. Cavs need to pick up a rim protecting scrub with athleticism like Joel Anthony:pimp:

Cocaine80s
07-26-2014, 06:57 PM

Kyrie
Lebron
Love

verjaaos not that old. hes only 31

DMAVS41
07-26-2014, 07:03 PM
verjaaos not that old. hes only 31

it's not just age. he's been hurt for like 4 years straight. relying on him as your only real center is just idiotic.

Hoopz2332
08-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Love plays how Miamion offense but with better rebounding and more range

Kevin Love 51pts & J.J. Barea Triple-Double vs Thunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyMPXnstcQ

Kevin Love Full Highlights vs Thunder (2014.01.04) - 30 Pts, 14 Reb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltc6Gtk5HXs

Hoopz2332
08-05-2014, 01:08 PM
vs the Pacers someone who Bosh usually struggled against

Kevin Love Full Highlights 2014.02.19 vs Pacers - 42 Pts, 16 Rebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nr-jkjr9Jk

J Shuttlesworth
08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Most likely, Love won't be dealing with all the blitzing on PnR's that Bosh was. Love should still be getting decent rebound numbers, but maybe less since Varejao is still a solid rebounder.

Hoopz2332
08-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Kevin Love Full Highlights 2010.11.12 vs Knicks - 31 Pts, 31 Rebounds - All Rebs Included!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_zPkUHrB6w&hd=1

La Frescobaldi
08-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Most likely, Love won't be dealing with all the blitzing on PnR's that Bosh was. Love should still be getting decent rebound numbers, but maybe less since Varejao is still a solid rebounder.
Andy is nothing on the boards compared to Pekovic.

J Shuttlesworth
08-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Good point

poido123
08-29-2014, 11:57 PM

Yeah. Love's defense resembles Boozer on defense a lot of the time.

I don't care what defensive stats you throw up, Love looks a terrible defender.

On offense? Lebron and co. will be unstoppable. Just a question of if this team can gel enough on defense, because they have some questionable defenders.

dubeta
08-30-2014, 12:02 AM
LeBron's last move as GM should be to to ship Love for Dwight

RedBlackAttack
08-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Sarcasm?

Lebron23
08-30-2014, 12:37 AM
LeBron's last move as GM should be to to ship Love for Dwight

I prefer Kevin Love. Cavs with LeBron needs some floor spacing. He's the perfect PF for the Cavs because he's a good rebounder, and a good 3 points shooter.

BrownEye007
08-30-2014, 02:51 AM
:biggums:

bizil
08-30-2014, 05:15 AM
You are only talking offense.

Love at center with the kind of guard defenders this team has will not work. It wouldn't even work with decent guard defenders.

They would have to go zone, which is a possibility, but hardly ideal.

I don't get why everyone is wanting to play Love at center...it makes very little basketball sense outside of spot minutes here and there. Just get a real center next to Love. This is good for Lebron as well. They don't need to play out of position a lot.

Just ****ing get a real center.

I'm no fool! Im just pointing out the shit Love brings to the table. Also I NEVER SAID play Love at center the WHOLE GAME. But he's so physical and SUCH AN EPIC REBOUNDER and SHOOTER that it creates MISMATCHES at the other end. This isn't an NBA with a HUGE POOL of talented OFFENSIVE 6'11 and up centers. Defensively, centers don't wanna come out and defend Love as a whole. Plus it take those big men away from PROTECTING THE PAINT! And on the other end, at least Love can rebound as good as ANYBODY in the L. And to be frank, Love is USED to defending 7 foot PF's like a Duncan or Gasol! U got flamed bro! U aint the first and SURE AS HELL AINT the LAST! Get your comprehension skills up! I NEVER SAID LOVE should be a FULL TIME CENTER!!!

Hoopz2332
10-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Kevin Love fits so much better than Bosh. 3rd qtr of this preseason game of heat vs cavs are a good sign of things to come. Kevin Love's jumper is quick and his 3 ball game is waaayyy better than Bosh's. In some ways he's like Big Z, a guy Lebron loved passing to but much better. From 2013

http://i.imgur.com/D0fVigb.png

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/16631/at-the-other-end-of-lebrons-5008-assists

Nash
10-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Kevin Love's best attributes don't rely on him being a 1st option like Bosh was. At WORSE Love is a elite 3 point shooter, elite rebounder and elite passing big man. None of those things gets effected with the offense going through Lebron or Kyrie. Love can still do all of those things and be 3rd or even 4th option.

Hoopz2332
10-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Kevin Love's best attributes don't rely on him being a 1st option like Bosh was. At WORSE Love is a elite 3 point shooter, elite rebounder and elite passing big man. None of those things gets effected with the offense going through Lebron or Kyrie. Love can still do all of those things and be 3rd or even 4th option.

Exactly:applause:

SamuraiSWISH
10-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Love and Kyrie's games fit better with LeBron's than Wade / Bosh. Even if the latter were better individual talents or players.

Paul George 24
10-12-2014, 12:08 AM

stop making excuse,pauk :lol

Paul George 24
10-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Love and Kyrie's games fit better with LeBron's than Wade / Bosh. Even if the latter were better individual talents or players.

they can't play defence throught :roll:

Paul George 24
10-12-2014, 12:10 AM

no defence no champ,accept it :lol

SamuraiSWISH
10-12-2014, 02:35 AM
they can't play defence throught :roll:
Yea, I just meant offensively. The Miami pair are way better basketball players, and especially defensively. No argument here. I thought that was kind of obvious, bud.

MellowYellow
10-12-2014, 03:05 AM

It won't work.

That is why it didn't work in Minny, Pek and Love was the least fearsome frontcourt in the league as far as rim protection goes.

buddha
10-12-2014, 03:13 AM
just remember that people were saying Love was an MVP candidate last year. Now he is LeBron's wing man.

La Frescobaldi
10-12-2014, 03:29 AM
no defence no champ,accept it :lol

is kingwillball really a pauk alt? because you just replied to...... nash - which is a pauk alt

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iyAN88DaLI8/TXho80wY0vI/AAAAAAAADEY/BbB7LA9EPag/s1600/DragonBruceLee_mirrors.png]

it's like being in a hall of pauk mirrors :roll:

sammichoffate
10-12-2014, 03:41 AM
I saw Love posting up during the game, something Bosh was bitching about after Lebron left :lol

swagga
10-12-2014, 07:28 AM
is kingwillball really a pauk alt? because you just replied to...... nash - which is a pauk alt

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iyAN88DaLI8/TXho80wY0vI/AAAAAAAADEY/BbB7LA9EPag/s1600/DragonBruceLee_mirrors.png]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
10-12-2014, 07:43 AM

lol funny post but kingwillball isn't even near to being pauk..

poido123
10-12-2014, 08:04 AM
lol funny post but kingwillball isn't even near to being pauk..

Kingwillball knows nothing about basketball. Pauk does, even though he jerks Lebron too much.

Hoopz2332
10-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I saw Love posting up during the game, something Bosh was bitching about after Lebron left :lol

:applause:

Hoopz2332
10-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Bosh never did any of this style of scoring with the Big 3. Bosh was mainly midrange jumpers but Love goes to the 3pt line like a perimeter player:eek:

Kevin Love Torches Milwaukee Bucks in Preseason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRkHTskLmY&hd=1

even Dirk never went to three point like that:eek: