PDA

View Full Version : My first NBA Podcast

therammingman
07-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Was bored with a friend last night and since we discuss NBA a lot anyway, thought why the hell not make a podcast....

Dicuss stories from the offseason, including Kobe being pretty much done, Dwight, Melo not caring about winning, OKC and scott brooks, LBJ, and how much I can't stand nick young and harden.

I'm anticipating a bunch of you suck responses, but any feedback appreciated.

http://www.chirbit.com/davidpt

Enjoy

JohnFreeman
07-26-2014, 11:47 PM
"got to give the peopleeee"

Meticode
07-26-2014, 11:50 PM
I'll give it a listen.

Meticode
07-26-2014, 11:51 PM
The Lakers

They're just treading water at this point. Kobe even healthy handcuffed the team with his contract. I understand why he wants and gets it, but it doesn't help them win in the end if that's what he wants.

therammingman
07-26-2014, 11:51 PM
I'll give it a listen.

thanks. we didnt prep or anything...just spur of the moment idea.

put it on in the background or something while u work/surf internet.

Meticode
07-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Kevin Durant

In two years I think if the Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka core doesn't win a championship at least one of them is leaving.

Meticode
07-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Kobe Bryant

I think he can still average 22-25 points a game and he'll definitely have the green light to shoot on this team.

Meticode
07-26-2014, 11:58 PM
:oldlol: @ "You knew he had big cojones when he was jacking up air balls in the playoffs. You knew he was going to be something special."

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Favorite in the East

I honestly don't think there is a favorite in the East. It's so wide open between Cleveland, Chicago, Indiana, Washington, Toronto and Miami.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Paul George

I think he got worse each month because of his personal life. Getting a stripper pregnant, then supposedly trying to bribe her to get an abortion and she refused can carry a lot of weight on a person.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Melo

I think it's unfair saying that Carmelo doesn't want to win. I think money played the biggest role in him returning to the Knicks, but the Knicks will be major players in free agency in 2015. It's just a ticking clock waiting for Amar'e's contract to come off the books.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:15 AM
:lol

"Who's the power forward for the Knicks? The Italian guy?"

*silence for 10 seconds*

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Good podcast. I listened to most of it and agreed with most of your discussions.

therammingman
07-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi meticode....thanks for all the feedback and listening to it all. Glad you enjoyed it.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 12:55 AM
Hi meticode....thanks for all the feedback and listening to it all. Glad you enjoyed it.
Your paper and that f*cking pen though. :lol

therammingman
07-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Your paper and that f*cking pen though. :lol

haha..i didnt realize you could hear that.

therammingman
07-27-2014, 12:57 AM
I see a lot of views but no other posters....anyone else gave/giving this a shot?

thanks

Cold soul
07-27-2014, 01:10 AM
I like to listen to it but it's not working for me. Any advise? I can't figure out how to start it.

therammingman
07-27-2014, 01:16 AM
I like to listen to it but it's not working for me. Any advise? I can't figure out how to start it.

Hi. When you go to that link, there should be a blue arrow under the word "follow"....if you click it, it should start to play....let me know if it works...

thanks

therammingman
07-27-2014, 03:47 AM
any others?

JohnFreeman
07-27-2014, 03:51 AM
It was cool.

therammingman
07-27-2014, 04:09 AM
Hi John,

Thanks man...Can you tell me what part you liked best? What you might change?

I appreciate you listening...did you listen to the whole thing?

Meticode
07-27-2014, 04:24 AM
What are you trying to gain out our reactions? You want to do this more often or what?

therammingman
07-27-2014, 05:24 AM
What are you trying to gain out our reactions? You want to do this more often or what?

I'm not sure...maybe. We turned out having fun doing it....thinking of ways to maybe do something more original

therammingman
07-27-2014, 05:25 AM
326 views....nobody else?

Meticode
07-27-2014, 05:26 AM
I'm not sure...maybe. We turned out having fun doing it....thinking of ways to maybe do something more original
Make it an ISH thing. Maybe do yourself and pick two other comparable users once a month to do a podcast that can be recorded about certain NBA subjects going on that month. Maybe record it over Google Voice or Skype or something. I would do it no more than 30 minutes though. One hour is kind of long.

Jeff get in on these please.

duskovujosevic
07-27-2014, 05:32 AM
this podcast has potential. i like meticode's opinion. make it an ISH thing

therammingman
07-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the support guys!

VengefulAngel
07-27-2014, 05:46 AM
Giving it a listen now :).

moe94
07-27-2014, 05:51 AM
What do you expect from Kobe next year?

*awkward pause*

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jake-Gyllenhaal-Laughing-In-Donnie-Darko-Gif.gif

therammingman
07-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Giving it a listen now :).

what'd you think?

iznogood
07-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I prefer shorter podcasts, so maybe you could make a separate podcasts for east and west. Also I had some trouble making out what was being said at times, but I'm not a native speaker anyway.

Also I had to force myself to listen to the whole podcast to be honest. I preferred the parts when I thought you kind of let go a bit and didn't sound too plain. The argumentation was good though.

therammingman
07-27-2014, 01:35 PM
I prefer shorter podcasts, so maybe you could make a separate podcasts for east and west. Also I had some trouble making out what was being said at times, but I'm not a native speaker anyway.

Also I had to force myself to listen to the whole podcast to be honest. I preferred the parts when I thought you kind of let go a bit and didn't sound too plain. The argumentation was good though.

Thanks for listening man...and for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I agree it was a little longer than I was expecting it to be before we started....im definitely interested in doing another one now, so all the criticism and recommendations are welcome.

Also, like I said a little earlier, I'm trying to think of a way to make this a little more original and different than other NBA podcasts.....

therammingman
07-29-2014, 03:28 AM
bump

moe94
07-29-2014, 03:48 AM
Nice bump. Will finish listening.

therammingman
07-29-2014, 04:02 AM
Nice bump. Will finish listening.

thanks man....feedback welcome....

were trying to think of a new slant for a possible next one....something diff from the typical nba podcast

iTare
07-29-2014, 04:08 AM
this is pretty good
continue

therammingman
07-29-2014, 04:14 AM
this is pretty good
continue

hey man, thanks.

Can you tell me what you liked and didn't like?

Hotbullets
07-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Listening as we speak. I like it, it's entertaining and I agree with most remarks.

therammingman
07-29-2014, 05:11 AM
Listening as we speak. I like it, it's entertaining and I agree with most remarks.

Cool. Can you please come back and reply with your final thoughts when youre done? Like I said, there was no prep or anything and this is the first thing weve ever done....so your thoughts would be really valuable.

russwest0
07-29-2014, 06:03 AM
Eh, I could do it better, but I'm pretty good at a lot of shit so I wouldn't take that as an insult.

Good job, I guess? :cheers:

Shade8780
07-29-2014, 06:19 AM
Listening to it now. It's good so far, but might not listen to the full hour.

ISH podcast :eek:

therammingman
07-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Listening to it now. It's good so far, but might not listen to the full hour.

ISH podcast :eek:

Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback.

Who else?????????? I know you guys got time to listen in the background while surfing ISH and making lebron/kobe jokes....

Timmy D for MVP
07-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Surprisingly decent.

I totally expected it to be terrible, no offense. I just assumed most people would be poor on the mic. But this was far better than I thought. I did drift in and out of it but that's just me. But for a couple guys just talking, it was decent.

That pen is terrible though. :oldlol:

therammingman
07-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Surprisingly decent.

I totally expected it to be terrible, no offense. I just assumed most people would be poor on the mic. But this was far better than I thought. I did drift in and out of it but that's just me. But for a couple guys just talking, it was decent.

That pen is terrible though. :oldlol:

LOL. It really did not occur to me at all at the time. Next time I'll use a pen without a clicker.

Thanks for the kind words though. Any chance you can tell me what you liked and didnt like? What made you think it was pretty decent overall?

Timmy D for MVP
07-30-2014, 03:33 PM
LOL. It really did not occur to me at all at the time. Next time I'll use a pen without a clicker.

Thanks for the kind words though. Any chance you can tell me what you liked and didnt like? What made you think it was pretty decent overall?

Yeah sure.

The main thing I think most really bad audio media does, and what I think my problem would be with my friends if we tried something, is bad rhythm. You could be the smartest people on Earth with your topic, but if you have poor rhythm it won't work. Do you have experience with this type of thing in any manner? Or maybe it's just you and your buddy's natural rhythm, but you give each other space to work, and let things breathe.

You are fairly knowledgeable too. This is always important. The major difference between pods and radio, and the reason I switched, is because when I listen to a pod I know for sure that the people on them should be experts in their field. Whereas sports radio they are too broad. I don't want to get frustrated thinking: "No, you're wrong, that is factually wrong." Seeing as how you're here, it's clear that you are more knowledgeable about the NBA than most people. I would HOPE that most people on this forum are but... some obviously are not.

You did sound a little sleepy. Which is why I was able to drift in and out. Not everyone likes the same thing so some might have liked that part. And I in no way suggest false energy, if that's how you guys talk then cool, do that. I'm just saying that my routine podcasts are hosted by big energy guys, or really interesting guys.

The Starters, SuperBestFriendCast, Jalen and Jacoby, B.S. Report, The Lowe Post, and Men In Blazers all have high energy. (All fantastic pods too for anyone interested).

The Football Ramble, StarTalk, Rage Select, and the ContinueCast are all lower energy but have either a very interesting host, or a unique view. (Also good pods, though Rage Select is not really a straight up podcast).

But all of them have great knowledge, and good rhythm. With that basis I think you can succeed in getting people to not turn you off. I download a shit ton of pods to listen to while I'm gaming, or shopping or something. I give everything at least one episodes chance. And based on what you put here I'd give yours a second listening. :cheers:

therammingman
07-31-2014, 02:10 AM
Hi Timmy,

I really appreciate all your input and I agree with it all. As far as the excitement factor, I noticed that as well when I went back and listened to it....Thought I think that is an easier fix than most other things.

As long as there isn't something inherently or fundamentally wrong, I think it can improve and may have some potential. As I keep saying, we are trying to think if there is a diff spin, angle, or subject matter to discuss that is currently being ignored....