Dragic4Life
07-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Refs-manufactured "superstar".

Never was a real one.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Refs-manufactured "superstar".

Never was a real one.

Your boy, LeBron does this every game. The only good officiating game that was fair against him was when he went 7 pts 20%. after that they favor him.

Dragic4Life
07-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Your boy, LeBron does this every game. The only good officiating game that was fair against him was when he went 7 pts 20%. after that they favor him.
Do you have a personal vendetta against Lebron?:facepalm

You mention him in every thread.:wtf:

Trollsmasher
07-27-2014, 02:01 PM
he obviously dribbles while splitting :biggums:

GrapeApe
07-27-2014, 02:03 PM

:roll:

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 02:04 PM
he obviously dribbles while splitting :biggums:
Do not try to defend this... he obviously does not dribble at all outside of one bounce 30 feet out. 5 steps later through heavy traffic he's at the rim making a point blank layup and being sent to the free throw line :oldlol:

BlkMambaGOAT
07-27-2014, 02:05 PM

Oh the Irony...

theaussieguy
07-27-2014, 02:14 PM
basically why the NBA and its individual accolades cannot be taken seriously. I am so glad the spurs won because for once it was actually deserved and without ref assistance

mehyaM24
07-27-2014, 02:21 PM
that wasn't 5 steps.

the fact he gathered and took 2 more steps is a travel though.

nathanjizzle
07-27-2014, 02:34 PM
i really hate when travel nazis like op claim they know how dribbling works. he picks up the ball and takes the appropriate steps.:facepalm

not a travel dude. get your basketball iq up. youre probably some white kid that wears jerseys to a pickup game and thinks hes ballin cuz he can dribble between his legs.

no offense to white people.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 02:39 PM
i really hate when travel nazis like op claim they know how dribbling works. he picks up the ball and takes the appropriate steps.:facepalm

not a travel dude. get your basketball iq up. youre probably some white kid that wears jerseys to a pickup game and thinks hes ballin cuz he can dribble between his legs.
It's a travel :oldlol:

Swaggin916
07-27-2014, 02:48 PM
3 steps not 5.

nathanjizzle
07-27-2014, 02:52 PM
It's a travel :oldlol:
its not. trust me theres plenty of misinformed people like you out there. ive met them on the courts. for you to even say its 5 steps shows how wrong you are. :lol

PJR
07-27-2014, 02:53 PM

:oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 03:04 PM
its not. trust me theres plenty of misinformed people like you out there. ive met them on the courts. for you to even say its 5 steps shows how wrong you are. :lol
i bet you think allen iversons crossovers aren't carries either

the rules of the game contradict what refs are routinely caught allowing players to get away with... that's a travel. Just because you've seen it allowed to happen before, does not suddenly mean it isn't a travel. By definition, that is a blatant travel. Ref swallowed the whistle on it... until of course Wade got touched... then he blew the whistle.

Go ahead and try that shit in your rec league though... I'm sure the ref will respect you when you tell him it was only 2 steps and he doesn't know what a travel is :oldlol:

Dresta
07-27-2014, 03:31 PM
OP = genuine retard, perhaps some illegitimate offspring of Wilt and a $20 whore

jstern
07-27-2014, 03:32 PM
I downloaded the video and looked at it frame by frame. It took me three minutes to really figure out what happened, but it was only two steps. The reason why it took me so long to really understand what was happening was because with the quality of the video, one of the other players legs makes it look like Wade planted his foot on one spot, and then it was appearing on another spot. But none the less, two steps.

You can argue if he carried the ball, because some people like to call that in the playgrounds yet they don't in the NBA.

jongib369
07-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Can only hope you're trolling

jongib369
07-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I downloaded the video and looked at it frame by frame. It took me three minutes to really figure out what happened, but it was only two steps. The reason why it took me so long to really understand what was happening was because with the quality of the video, one of the other players legs makes it look like Wade planted his foot on one spot, and then it was appearing on another spot. But none the less, two steps.

You can argue if he carried the ball, because some people like to call that in the playgrounds yet they don't in the NBA.
Screen cap the frame you think he took that dribble because I just watched it in slow motion and I'm seeing 5 steps like the OP said

:confusedshrug:

jstern
07-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Screen cap the frame you think he took that dribble because I just watched it in slow motion and I'm seeing 5 steps like the OP said

I take it back. It's just so difficult to see due to the quality of the video. But I noticed that his final dribble was with his right foot as he was cutting in between the defenders. That means that if he were to take two steps more, he would have to jump off his right foot, but even though it's really hard to see, he jumped off his left foot, which required 3 steps. So the OP is right, Wade traveled. Not 5 steps, but he traveled.

The confusion is in the quality of the video.

Edit: Stupid me was so focused on the original shot and replaying it that I didn't even noticed that there was a replay with a closer view.

navy
07-27-2014, 03:57 PM
I take it back. It's just so difficult to see due to the quality of the video. But I noticed that his final dribble was with his right foot as he was cutting in between the defenders. That means that if he were to take two steps more, he would have to jump off his right foot, but even though it's really hard to see, he jumped off his left foot, which required 3 steps. So the OP is right, Wade traveled. Not 5 steps, but he traveled.

The confusion is in the quality of the video.
No, you had it right the first time. The ball isnt fully in his possession until 1:02 where he starts his gather and takes two steps.

The OP just didnt see the dribble at all so he thinks there was 5 steps. :facepalm

If anything it was a discontinued dribble because he stopped the ball so high, except he started gathering immediately so it was legal.

STATUTORY
07-27-2014, 04:20 PM

that's cause you need to extricate your face from up Wilt's exhumed corpse's ass

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:21 PM
No, you had it right the first time. The ball isnt fully in his possession until 1:02 where he starts his gather and takes two steps.

The OP just didnt see the dribble at all so he thinks there was 5 steps. :facepalm

If anything it was a discontinued dribble because he stopped the ball so high, except he started gathering immediately so it was legal.
It's possible I missed a dribble, the replay would reveal but they cut off the frame that would determine if that step involved a dribble concealed behind the camera angle or not. From what I initially saw, it looked like the last dribble was the one with his left hand beyond the 3 point arc. I see a spot where he may have dribble a step inside that is just difficult to see.

zoom17
07-27-2014, 04:23 PM
The NBA said they would watch travels more closely yet players still get away with it.

CelticBaller
07-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Always a bitch

jstern
07-27-2014, 04:48 PM

We have two different interpretations of the rule. To me the gather dribble goes with the step that the player plants as the ball leaves his hand, or hits the floor with.

That's the way I interpret it.

A perfect fundamentally sound left handed layup dribble would require you to dribble with your left hand as you step with your right foot. As Wade is doing. Thrusting your left foot forward as you're grabbing the ball with your right hand as Wade is doing. And then jumping off your right foot as you extend your left hand up in the air.

For me to start counting for two steps after the ball gathers in my hand and I have full possession would turn it from a left handed layup into a right handed one.

JohnMax
07-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Heres a general rule for Travels (works in most cases)

Step 1: Observe which hand the player takes his last dribble in
Step 2. Gather step is the opposite leg of the dribble hand
Step 3: First step is the same leg as the dribble hand
Step 4: Second step is the opposite leg of the dribble hand

-

dubeta
07-27-2014, 04:57 PM
SMH Wade :no:

navy
07-27-2014, 04:58 PM
We have two different interpretations of the rule. To me the gather dribble goes with the step that the player plants as the ball leaves his hand, or hits the floor with.

That's the way I interpret it.

A perfect fundamentally sound left handed layup dribble would require you to dribble with your left hand as you step with your right foot. As Wade is doing. Thrusting your left foot forward as you're grabbing the ball with your right hand as Wade is doing. And then jumping off your right foot as you extend your left hand up in the air.

For me to start counting for two steps after the ball gathers in my hand and I have full possession would turn it from a left handed layup into a right handed one.

NBA players have mastered the art of taking multiple steps/half steps as the ball is coming up from the dribble, (helps that they have fast feet). This is what we commonly referred to as a "gather step". Although it doesnt really have a name. Depending on how high the player dribbles or puts the ball in front of him the hand or foot you start with could very well not be the one they end with if they are fast enough.

This is legal from what I understand. Or the NBA just allows players to get away with it. But it does lead to us counting steps on the internet debating travels or not.

#number6ix#
07-27-2014, 05:00 PM
I've seen a lot worse examples of traveling that went uncalled

bdreason
07-27-2014, 05:10 PM
He dribbled on the cross into the lane. It's hard to see, but it's there.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 05:14 PM
He dribbled on the cross into the lane. It's hard to see, but it's there.
Yes, after watching it the 10th time I see where it's possible it's just concealed from the camera angle, and if it's true than I missed it. Obviously wouldn't be 5 steps if that is the case. I had initially thought his last dribble was the left hand dribble beyond the 3 point arc.

LongLiveTheKing
07-27-2014, 05:33 PM
He took a dribble in-between.

RedBlackAttack
07-27-2014, 05:53 PM
There are loads of Wade travel videos out there like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNdDsriVwmU

In his defense, every player in the league gets away with it occasionally.

red1
07-27-2014, 05:59 PM
d-lord what a beast :eek:. sucks that we will never see this player again

RedBlackAttack
07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
This one is just head-scratching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMU0d4q2Wg

...really no need to randomly pick the ball up with no defenders around. :confusedshrug:

Rodmantheman
07-27-2014, 06:14 PM
d-lord what a beast :eek:. sucks that we will never see this player again

When did he retire?

red1
07-27-2014, 06:19 PM
When did he retire?
:facepalm

3LiftHeatCurse
07-27-2014, 06:38 PM
wait, so I make a thread about james' traveling CRAB DRIBBLE and it gets deleted

but this stays up?

dubeta
07-27-2014, 06:42 PM
wait, so I make a thread about james' traveling CRAB DRIBBLE and it gets deleted

but this stays up?

cause wade is a 10 times bigger traveller and gets bailed out by refs 20 times more

Dresta
07-27-2014, 08:37 PM
cause wade is a 10 times bigger traveller and gets bailed out by refs 20 times more
Everyone knows Bron is the biggest traveller in the NBA: man can run a full-court fast break with two dribbles :roll:

red1
07-27-2014, 08:38 PM
lebron stan talking shit about travelling. oh lord :oldlol:

Straight_Ballin
07-27-2014, 08:49 PM
This one is just head-scratching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMU0d4q2Wg

...really no need to randomly pick the ball up with no defenders around. :confusedshrug:

lol blind refs

plowking
07-27-2014, 10:20 PM
NBA players have mastered the art of taking multiple steps/half steps as the ball is coming up from the dribble, (helps that they have fast feet). This is what we commonly referred to as a "gather step". Although it doesnt really have a name. Depending on how high the player dribbles or puts the ball in front of him the hand or foot you start with could very well not be the one they end with if they are fast enough.

This is legal from what I understand. Or the NBA just allows players to get away with it. But it does lead to us counting steps on the internet debating travels or not.

Everyone does those gather steps, just most people haven't seen themselves on film. If you have, you'd think you got away with a few, but you really haven't. You can't travel with the ball if you don't have it gathered. Otherwise, stutter steps in between dribbles are travels... and that just isn't the case.

senelcoolidge
07-27-2014, 11:35 PM
:confusedshrug: it's not like we haven't seen lebron travel ALOT.