PDA

View Full Version : Deaf family driving car at comic-con "panics" ... runs over "zombie walk" crowd

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmv_UoXTPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1W6s5179uM

... so people pretending to be zombies surrounded a car full of deaf people... the driver and family panicked and proceeded to RUN OVER the crowd of "zombies" (real life people), and due to being deaf couldn't hear people shouting at them to stop... seriously wtf is wrong with people :biggums:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pedestrian-Hit-by-Car-Amid-ZombieWalk-Downtown-San-Diego-Comic-Con-268762861.html

navy
07-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Deaf family?

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Deaf family?
yes, a family that can't hear

DEADPOOLZOMBIE
07-27-2014, 04:36 PM
That Iz Racist

BRabbiT
07-27-2014, 04:38 PM
that sucks

Meticode
07-27-2014, 04:39 PM
People shouldn't be able to legally drive if they are deaf unless something special is done to the car to indicate certain things to them. Like someone honking, or an emergency vehicle coming with sirens.

BRabbiT
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
People shouldn't be able to legally drive if they are deaf unless ,,,

was thinking the same thing as I read that article.

so many reasons hearing is critical when driving. especially in traffic.

Styles p
People shouldn't be able to legally drive if they are deaf unless something special is done to the car to indicate certain things to them. Like someone honking, or an emergency vehicle coming with sirens.

so a whole family should be forced to not have means of transportation?

Rocketswin2013
Those deaf people most likely have incredibly good eyesight. So I think it evens out.

9erempiree
07-27-2014, 04:43 PM

this.

I always tell my brother to not drive with his ear buds on, since people listen to music on their phones. He had a dumb friend who hit a police car because he had ear buds on. Couldn't hear the siren and crossed the damn intersection.

What is the point? Hearing is very important and deaf people really shouldn't drive.

DEADPOOLZOMBIE
07-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Those deaf people most likely have incredibly good eyesight. So I think it evens out.
They good driver in non zombie situation

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:46 PM
The part that gets me is... deaf or not, why the **** would you assume the crowd of "zombies" were fair game like in the movies to be RUN OVER!? Is it not obvious that zombies don't exist and are totally made up and that those are real people you are about to run over!? Where's the disconnect!? I can't believe people can actually be that paranoid... That's like something I'd picture Alex Chiu and SacJB Shady doing...

Im so nba'd out
07-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Thats what you get for trying to scare people.

Nanners
07-27-2014, 04:50 PM

busses and public transportation doesnt exist?

blind families are forced to not have a means of transportation, what makes deaf any different?

gigantes
07-27-2014, 04:51 PM
they started punching the car and SHATTERED THE WINDSHIELD before the deaf guy decided to book it??

"zombies" is pretty much right, i guess.

HomieWeMajor
07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
I guess they were scared to deaf

Nanners
07-27-2014, 04:53 PM
The part that gets me is... deaf or not, why the **** would you assume the crowd of "zombies" were fair game like in the movies to be RUN OVER!? Is it not obvious that zombies don't exist and are totally made up and that those are real people you are about to run over!? Where's the disconnect!? I can't believe people can actually be that paranoid... That's like something I'd picture Alex Chiu and SacJB Shady doing...

maybe you should read the article you posted :facepalm

According to the SDPD, several people from the crowd of zombies allegedly surrounded the car and began punching it. Police said the car windshield was shattered by the crowd.

if a group of people started punching my car and broke my windshield while my kid was in the back seat, i would probably run them over too.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:53 PM
maybe you should read the article you posted :facepalm

if a group of people started punching my car and broke my windshield, i would probably run them over too.
:lol

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 04:54 PM
I guess they were scared to deaf
:oldlol:

ace23
07-27-2014, 04:55 PM
seriously wtf is wrong with people :biggums:
What? I don't see anything really wrong with how either party acted here.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Not if the person driving is deaf. It's a tick under driving blind to me. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely drive a vehicle without hearing and probably get away with it fine for a long time. But you're not going to hear certain things like sirens or someone honking at you to alert you of something.

At the very least to me if the driver is deaf, there has to be at least one person in the car with them that can hear and has at least a temporarily license for me to feel safe. I wouldn't be a passenger personally in a car with a person who is deaf.

Meticode
07-27-2014, 04:59 PM
In the end, deaf or not I think this still would've happened. If the reports are true that the car was surrounded and glass was broken, I think a 100% seeing/hearing person would've done the exact same thing.

TheMarkMadsen
07-27-2014, 05:11 PM
They good driver in non zombie situation

:roll: :roll:

ace23
07-27-2014, 05:12 PM
you don't see anything wrong with people breaking car windows? I'd run those mafvckas over too
I hadn't read the article. Lol.

That's pretty weird I guess. They were probably apologizing and shit. But apparently he was deaf (although someone in the comments said the driver wasn't) so he couldn't hear them.

Windshield does not look shattered in the video btw

Bandito
07-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Deaf or Retarded? Are you sure you didn't confuse the two words:lol

InfiniteBaskets
07-27-2014, 05:20 PM
The article and the comments (from people who claim to have been there) below tell different stories.

The article itself actually gives two points of view as well. Putting two and two together, it seems like there this "parade" wasn't really sanctioned nor well-organized as San Diego Police didn't bother to shut down any streets.

Tons of people were marching so likely this deaf guy with his two kids in the back are waiting in front of green light for more than five minutes while hundreds of people cross in front of him.

Guy inches forward, probably thinking some of the paraders will just pause for enough time to let him through, but people in the parade don't like this and somehow one marcher thinks its a good idea to sit on top of the guy's hood. Other people hit his car because they think he's being a jerk by blocking their path.

Guy gets scared/angry and runs through crowd.

This is different from the biker gang situation a while back in NYC. It's a crowd with tons of kids around. It was doubtful someone was going to pull him out of a car and beat him in front of his kids. The smart thing to do would have been to shut down streets for the parade in the first place.

fpliii
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Hopefully someone caught the plate so they can take legal action.

navy
07-27-2014, 05:57 PM
it was a misunderstanding. How else did they know the family was deaf if they didnt find them later? :confusedshrug:

Lamar Doom
07-27-2014, 06:06 PM
All the liberals are gonna cry "let the deaf people drive" and allow this nonsense to continue. Might as well let blind people drive too, they got rights too doe. Comicon going to hell in a hand basket.

How come there's so many more deaf and blind people than mute people? I wish I had a mute friend. I got a lot of shit to get off my chest and I'm not crazy about feedback.

zoom17
07-27-2014, 06:47 PM

gts
07-27-2014, 06:49 PM

The driver actually went and found a police officer because he was scared for his safety....

He has not been charged

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 06:54 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

holy fukk :biggums:

InfiniteBaskets
07-27-2014, 06:54 PM

Looks driver instigated to me. Driver thought if he just inched forward and honked the shit out of his horn people would just part like the red sea.

macmac
07-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Magic Johnson should fukk their ears so they can get some hearing aids.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks driver instigated to me. Driver thought if he just inched forward and honked the shit out of his horn people would just part like the red sea.
yeah and I see nobody banging on his car breaking his windshield... I see debris from what looks to be like something thrown at his windshield AFTER he bulldozed the shit out of everybody... guy behind the wheel looks to have had road rage and told some fish stories to not get in trouble to me :facepalm

Rocketswin2013
07-27-2014, 06:59 PM
yeah the driver is a ****ing loon

zoom17
07-27-2014, 07:00 PM
yeah and I see nobody banging on his car breaking his windshield... I see debris from what looks to be like something thrown at his windshield AFTER he bulldozed the shit out of everybody... guy behind the wheel looks to have had road rage and told some fish stories to not get in trouble to me :facepalm

Do you see how fast some of the people in the crowd where running after the car fastest zombies that I ever seen:lol

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:03 PM
At 30 seconds, that's when the windshield breaks... someone threw a water bottle at it... well AFTER he ran an entire crowd of people over :oldlol: this is some gta shit right here

fpliii
07-27-2014, 07:13 PM
The driver actually went and found a police officer because he was scared for his safety....

He has not been charged
Just trying to bait. :cheers:

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:24 PM
i kind of dont blame the driver.

especially if anyone touched his car. you better not ever touch my car.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:28 PM

:facepalm

russwest0
07-27-2014, 07:30 PM

This. The guy in the blue shirt even fought through a crowd just to do it so he could be "rebellious and cool." :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I'm glad the driver made him look like a clown by driving off.

Overall the people at the comic-con come across as severe morons. Yelling shit at a deaf guy, not reading his body langugage, being douches and gathering in the road, sitting on his car, punching his window....

And then once he drove off you had morons screaming and even saw some jackasses trying to catch up to him on foot :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:33 PM
they started punching the car and SHATTERED THE WINDSHIELD before the deaf guy decided to book it??

The windshield was shattered because it hit somebody. Nobody was punching the car in the 2nd video. People were trying to stop him from running through the crowd when he inched a bit further and honked his horn.

F*ckin deaf people. :facepalm

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:34 PM
:facepalm

dont. touch. my. car.

whats so hard to understand about it?

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:35 PM
This. The guy in the blue shirt even fought through a crowd just to do it so he could be "rebellious and cool." :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Overall the people at the comic-con come across as severe morons. Yelling shit at a deaf guy, not reading his body langugage, being douches and gathering in the road, sitting on his car, punching his window....

And then once he drove off you had morons screaming and even saw some jackasses trying to catch up to him on foot :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
SacJB and Alex Chiu were probably in that car

NugzFan

definitely a mob mentality at play here.

they are all being rude and inconsiderate because they feel they can get away with it.

IamRAMBO24

Ya next time anybody touches my car it gives me a legit excuse to plow through a ton of people.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:36 PM
dont. touch. my. car.

whats so hard to understand about it?
so run an entire crowd of people over next time someone touches it, an eye for an eye right? perfectly understandable and fair :oldlol:

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:37 PM
definitely a mob mentality at play here.

they are all being rude and inconsiderate because they feel they can get away with it.

Nobody touched his car dumbsh*t until he honked his horn and was aggressively inching forward. One guy sat on his hood and other people were banging on his window to tell him to chill the f*ck out.

How anybody can justify this deaf idiot's actions is beyond me.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
so run an entire crowd of people over next time someone touches it, an eye for an eye right? perfectly understandable and fair :oldlol:

no, just allow people to punch/touch/jump on/etc other peoples cars all the time. its totally fine.

KNOW1EDGE
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM

Do bicycles, busses, trains or taxis not exist where these people live?

Do these people not know any other hearing-able human beings who may be able to transport them?

But really doe, why were all those people in the middle of the road blocking their car? Its a zombie walk, i get it, does that mean all laws go out the door and you gather in the middle of roads and block cars from travelling? And why didnt they move when the driver honked? And why didnt the people move when the driver began to pull forward? I bet the driver wasnt ticketed

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Nobody touched his car dumbsh*t until he honked his horn and was aggressively inching forward. One guy sat on his hood and other people were banging on his window to tell him to chill the f*ck out.

How anybody can justify this deaf idiot's actions is beyond me.

there appear to be two different stories being told.

i doubt he just sat at a red light and decided to plow a group of people over unprovoked.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:42 PM
no, just allow people to punch/touch/jump on/etc other peoples cars all the time. its totally fine.

Watch the f*ckin video before you talk mindlessly. If some f*cker is inching forward and threatening me with his car because his dumba*s can't wait until I finish crossing, hell yea I'm going to bang on his hood to tell him to chill the f*ck out.

He was the instigator; the crowd was responding to his aggressive behavior. Stop speaking out of your a*s and watch the video.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:44 PM
But really doe, why were all those people in the middle of the road blocking their car? Its a zombie walk, i get it, does that mean all laws go out the door and you gather in the middle of roads and block cars from travelling? And why didnt they move when the driver honked? And why didnt the people move when the driver began to pull forward? I bet the driver wasnt ticketed

:cheers: id also like to know the answers to these questions.

i really dont think the driver is 100% at fault here.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:44 PM
One touch, or attempt to sit down on car by 175lb soft bodied human = 3/4 tons of petrol powered steel running your ass and anyone else in the way over.

Fair is fair, nice logic :oldlol:

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Watch the f*ckin video before you talk mindlessly. If some f*cker is inching forward and threatening me with his car because his dumba*s can't wait until I finish crossing, hell yea I'm going to bang on his hood to tell him to chill the f*ck out.

He was the instigator; the crowd was responding to his aggressive behavior. Stop speaking out of your a*s and watch the video.

we dont know what happened before the video started. and i do see a lot of inconsiderate people just standing in his way for no reason.

i agree you cant kill a person for any of this (did anyone die?) however, inconsiderate people really piss me off. the world would be 10000 times better/happier/more efficient/safer if everyone wasnt so self-absorbed all the damn time.

9erempiree
07-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Nothing is going to happen to the driver. It was stupid running through people but the people were very stupid by not getting out of the way.

We got a car inching forward and honking and people want to surround it? My mind tells me to get out of the way.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:50 PM
One touch, or attempt to sit down on car by 175lb soft bodied human = 3/4 tons of petrol powered steel running your ass and anyone else in the way over.

Fair is fair, nice logic :oldlol:

if someone jumps on my car, you better believe im driving off. especially if i have family in the car.

the reason im not worried about any of this is because i dont do dumb shit like jump or even touch other peoples cars. i dont go around doing inconsiderate things to potentially piss people off. i actually care about other peoples property, time, space, feelings, etc...

does not refer to any posters on ish obviously

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:51 PM
So why were the family scared again? Did they really think the zombies were real? :facepalm

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Nothing is going to happen to the driver. It was stupid running through people but the people were very stupid by not getting out of the way.

We got a car inching forward and honking and people want to surround it? My mind tells me to get out of the way.

yup. if i see car trying to go through i instantly think "oh here comes a 2000 lb piece of metal...i should get out of the way and then i can pass to the other side of the street safely 3 to 4 seconds later"

not "oh here comes a 2000 lb piece of metal...**** this guy...im going to pass in front of him slowly anyways and if he gets close i will punch the car!"

if they had just let him pass, everyone wins. everyone is safe.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 07:54 PM
if someone jumps on my car, you better believe im driving off. especially if i have family in the car.

the reason im not worried about any of this is because i dont do dumb shit like jump or even touch other peoples cars. i dont go around doing inconsiderate things to potentially piss people off. i actually care about other peoples property, time, space, feelings, etc...

does not refer to any posters on ish obviously
But not their safety or well-being if they've touched your vehicle... if that happens suddenly all you're concerned about is running them and anyone else in front of you over.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:55 PM
[quote] 64-year-old woman was struck by a car during a zombie walk Saturday evening near the site of Comic-Con International 2014, according to local California station Channel 5 KTLA news.

Initial reports claimed that the driver and his family, who are all deaf, had lost their composure due to the walkers who, dressed up as zombies, starting banging on the car and even smashing the windshield, causing the driver to get away as fast as possible, striking and severely injuring a lady before turning himself into authorities.

As the news slowly starting coming out, it was stated that the lady was one of the walkers who had taken part of hitting the car. It was believed that there were no charges to be filed.

Initially the incident appeared to be a huge accident and misunderstanding for all involved, but according to eyewitness accounts from people not only participating in the walk but also those just observing, this is not the case. Updated reports now say that the gentleman driving the car had become impatient with the large crowd of people, honking his horn and making his way through the group of people.

Then after losing his temper, he finally just sped through, striking the woman who was only observing the walk, running over her arm and breaking it. Some of the walkers started chasing after the car, pounding on it and breaking the windshield in an attempt to stop the driver from fleeing the scene. The driver finally stopped near an officer and turned himself in.

According to the official twitter account for the ZombieWalk , the man has been detained and arrested following the incident. There have been other comments from people saying that other drivers had opted to turn around seeing the huge crowd, while this driver for whatever reason decided to try and make his way through.

This story is as shocking as it is sad. When learning at first that the driver may have tried to get away because the zombie walkers were banging on the car, damaging it and scaring his family, I was sympathetic. It

9erempiree
07-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Judging from the video, zombies are indeed real. Look at the mindless souls just walking with no regards to traffic. It took a guy to honk and inch up for them to take notice and surround the car, like zombies.

It gets better....the driver is crazy too, but hey, lets stand in front of the car and block him.:biggums:

When a car is moving, it means get out of the way.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
yup. if i see car trying to go through i instantly think "oh here comes a 2000 lb piece of metal...i should get out of the way and then i can pass to the other side of the street safely 3 to 4 seconds later"

not "oh here comes a 2000 lb piece of metal...**** this guy...im going to pass in front of him slowly anyways and if he gets close i will punch the car!"

Why don't he turn around or wait like any other sane human being? You are an idiot if you think its ok to plow over people just because you are tired of waiting for them to pass.

KNOW1EDGE
07-27-2014, 07:57 PM
I can hear just fine. If i was waiting for these people to move for more than 3 minutes I would have done the same thing.

There is a crowd of people standing there blocking the road, they arent at a cross walk or red light or anything. The driver honks, instead of getting the f*ck out the way like they should, they approach the car, one man sits on the hood of his car. As the man tries to get through, the people breaking the law refuse to move and so they get ran over. Lesson of the day: Dont congregate in the middle of roads, if you do, and a car comes and gives you the chance to move, take it.

9erempiree

Too much knowledge for the average ISH poster to comprehend.

Another intellectual post.

:cheers:

IamRAMBO24
Judging from the video, zombies are indeed real. Look at the mindless souls just walking with no regards to traffic. It took a guy to honk and inch up for them to take notice and surround the car, like zombies.

It gets better....the driver is crazy too, but hey, lets stand in front of the car and block him.:biggums:

When a car is moving, it means get out of the way.

When you see people crossing, you don't move your car. Simple common sense. You don't run over people. You turn your a*s around or you wait until they finish crossing.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I can hear just fine. If i was waiting for these people to move for more than 3 minutes I would have done the same thing.

There is a crowd of people standing there blocking the road, they arent at a cross walk or red light or anything. The driver honks, instead of getting the f*ck out the way like they should, they approach the car, one man sits on the hood of his car. As the man tries to get through, the people breaking the law refuse to move and so they get ran over. Lesson of the day: Dont congregate in the middle of roads, if you do, and a car comes and gives you the chance to move, take it.

So if you see a crowd of people and you have to wait 3 minutes, you would run them over? What the f*ck is wrong with you guys?

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 07:59 PM
But not their safety or well-being if they've touched your vehicle... if that happens suddenly all you're concerned about is running them and anyone else in front of you over.

if i have my family in my car and i feel threatened (and yes someone jumping on top of my car is crazy enough to warrant a threat in some way), i am not just going to sit there and wait for whats next. im not going to get out and try to have a rational discussion with some psycho who jumps on strangers cars.

im leaving. id love to know what you would do if, at a red light, you have your wife and kids in the car, and 2 random people just jump on your hood. what do you do? (i know this isnt exactly the same situation as the video...just curious)

9erempiree
07-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Just watched that crap again and it seems like the crowd was chilling in the middle of a street.:facepalm

BigBoss
07-27-2014, 08:00 PM

If thats true then good. Mob mentality is scary and you need to protect yourself

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:01 PM
if i have my family in my car and i feel threatened (and yes someone jumping on top of my car is crazy enough to warrant a threat in some way), i am not just going to sit there and wait for whats next. im not going to get out and try to have a rational discussion with some psycho who jumps on strangers cars.

im leaving. id love to know what you would do if, at a red light, you have your wife and kids in the car, and 2 random people just jump on your hood. what do you do? (i know this isnt exactly the same situation as the video...just curious)

He didn't jump on the car. He sat on it AFTER the driver was honking and aggressively inching forward.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Why don't he turn around or wait like any other sane human being? You are an idiot if you think its ok to plow over people just because you are tired of waiting for them to pass.

wtf i never said you can run people over because you are tired of waiting. :wtf:

thats not a threat. punching my car or jumping on my car - those are potential threats and especially if my family is in the car, im not going to sit around and see what happens next.

(i really dont think we have the full story...what happened before the video started? why was someone randomly filming people crossing the street? something probably had happened just before to warrant pulling out a phone just in case something happens next)

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Just watched that crap again and it seems like the crowd was chilling in the middle of a street.:facepalm

Since there were no other car behind him, it didn't look like he waited that long. Still you don't run over people. He got impatient and just floored it. Now he's in prison. Good.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:06 PM
wtf i never said you can run people over because you are tired of waiting. :wtf:

thats not a threat. punching my car or jumping on my car - those are potential threats and especially if my family is in the car, im not going to sit around and see what happens next.

(i really dont think we have the full story...what happened before the video started? why was someone randomly filming people crossing the street? something probably had happened just before to warrant pulling out a phone just in case something happens next)

The crowd wasn't a threat. One man sat on the hood when he was honking and about to drive through. Others were screaming at him to stop. The window shattered when he floored either by hitting someone or people trying to stop him.

KNOW1EDGE
07-27-2014, 08:06 PM
So if you see a crowd of people and you have to wait 3 minutes, you would run them over? What the f*ck is wrong with you guys?

Im convinced you are autistic.

Loiterers in the middle of the street refuse to move to allow traffic to pass.

Driver honks and creeps forward.

Instead of moving like sane, law-abiding human beings, the loiters surround the drivers car, punch it and sit on it

Driver feels threatened and flees the scene by any means neccessary

Dont break the law and you will be safe. Block traffic illegally, attack motorists and your gonna have a bad time.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:07 PM

well said. lots of inconsiderate assholes in that video. this world needs less people like that. (and that doesnt imply we need more people like the driver). i just cannot stand people who are ****ing rude.

people who park their shopping carts in the middle of an aisle. little things like this. people who dont say "excuse me" or "sorry about that". people who are stopped in the right hand lane but wont inch over so people can actually make right turns. people who are texting and bumping into me because they are more concerned about a stupid text from kim kardashian. people who walk slowly in groups all side-by-side blocking anyone else from passing. they do these things because they only care about themselves and anything that could affect anyone else is meaningless.

these people should all be jailed. imagine how much greater the world would be if only considerate people were left. :applause:

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:07 PM

Instead of moving like sane, law-abiding human beings, the loiters surround the drivers car, punch it and sit on it

Dont break the law and you will be safe. Block traffic illegally, attack motorists and your gonna have a bad time.

As more facts come out, he's already arrested. I guess I'm right and your dumba*s is too stupid to even watch the video.

MadeFromDust
07-27-2014, 08:09 PM
People shouldn't go out dressed like zombies trying to scare people on the chance that it would actually work like in this case.The ruling is no liability on the deaf family's part

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:09 PM

:applause:

all they had to do was get out of the way. takes at most 5 seconds.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:11 PM
As more facts come out, he's already arrested. I guess I'm right and your dumba*s is too stupid to even watch the video.

doesnt change the fact that a lot of those pedestrians were douchebags.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:14 PM

They were douchebags because they were reacting to the driver. Watch the video. Nobody f*cked with him until he started instigating with his car.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:15 PM
People shouldn't go out dressed like zombies trying to scare people on the chance that it would actually work like in this case.The ruling is no liability on the deaf family's part

You must be one dumb f*ck if you actually believe those zombies are real and got scared.

KNOW1EDGE
can you provide a link that states the driver was arrested for running those people over?

I bet you cant, because he wasnt.

If anything, he may have been ticketed and possibly arrested for fleeing the scene and failing to call 911 or render aid to those he injured.

But from the video, the man had the right to flee if he felt he and his family were in danger. He just should have immediately called 911, and parked his car near by to wait for Police.

NugzFan
They were douchebags because they were reacting to the driver. Watch the video. Nobody f*cked with him until he started instigating with his car.

there are people just standing in the middle of the road.

douchbags.

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:16 PM

Even if they were douchbags, you don't plow through a crowd and run over a lady who didn't even do anything.

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:17 PM
question: if i am crossing a street, and stop in the front of a car and just stand there, what is the driver suppose to do? am i allowed to stand there as long as i want?

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:17 PM
can you provide a link that states the driver was arrested for running those people over?

I bet you cant, because he wasnt.

If anything, he may have been ticketed and possibly arrested for fleeing the scene and failing to call 911 or render aid to those he injured.

But from the video, the man had the right to flee if he felt he and his family were in danger. He just should have immediately called 911, and parked his car near by to wait for Police.

http://www.modvive.com/2014/07/27/accident-comic-con-zombie-walk-stirs-controversy/

NugzFan
07-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Even if they were douchbags, you don't plow through a crowd and run over a lady who didn't even do anything.

once they punched the car and he felt threatened, you gotta do what you gotta do.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 08:19 PM
http://www.modvive.com/2014/07/27/accident-comic-con-zombie-walk-stirs-controversy/
owned :lol

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:20 PM
question: if i am crossing a street, and stop in the front of a car and just stand there, what is the driver suppose to do? am i allowed to stand there as long as i want?

1. Turn around
2. Get out of the car and tell the people to let you through.
3. Wait until they all crossed.

What you don't do:

START PLOWING THROUGH THE CROWD AND MURDERING PEOPLE.

Man I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of barbarians.

jamal99
07-27-2014, 08:33 PM
1. Turn around
2. Get out of the car and tell the people to let you through.
3. Wait until they all crossed.
You can't do #2 against a mob. It could easily escalate into a fight you surely wouldn't be able to win.

What you don't do:

START PLOWING THROUGH THE CROWD AND MURDERING PEOPLE.

Man I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of barbarians.
It's funny because mob mentality makes people act like barbarians...

MadeFromDust
07-27-2014, 08:41 PM
You must be one dumb f*ck if you actually believe those zombies are real and got scared.
I don't, but put a group of angry little flippy boys around my car and you better believe I'll be scoring high points Death Race 2000 style :roll:

IamRAMBO24
07-27-2014, 08:43 PM
I don't, but put a group of angry little flippy boys around my car and you better believe I'll be scoring high points Death Race 2000 style :roll:

Fair enough, but the mob didn't do anything to the family. The man got impatient and ran them over.

outbreak
07-27-2014, 09:12 PM
To be fair if a bunch of people dressed as anything surrounded my car and were sitting on it and banging on it (even if they didn't crack my wind shield as alleged) I would start driving through them too. Why is it even reported in some places as him thinking they were actually zombies, that's not the case at all.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 09:18 PM
To be fair if a bunch of people dressed as anything surrounded my car and were sitting on it and banging on it (even if they didn't crack my wind shield as alleged) I would start driving through them too. Why is it even reported in some places as him thinking they were actually zombies, that's not the case at all.
Have you still failed to see all the kids participating in that walk? I mean the lady who broke her arm getting run over by his car in this incident was 64... So you'd run over a mob of adults of all ages that includes senior citizens, most of them dressed like totally normal people, holding hands with their young kids in zombie face paint? really?

wakencdukest
07-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Who gives a shit about the people who got run over. I want to know how a whole family of deaf people happens. That's interesting!

outbreak
07-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Have you still failed to see all the kids participating in that walk? I mean the lady who broke her arm getting run over by his car in this incident was 64... So you'd run over a mob of adults of all ages that includes senior citizens, most of them dressed like totally normal people, holding hands with their young kids in zombie face paint? really?

If my cars surrounded by a mass of people I probably don't have a clear line of sight to check out exactly what everyone in the crowd looks like, my immediate attention would probably be on the guys on my bonnet and hitting my windows. I'm not saying it's ok to run people over but I'm just saying that it isn't clear cut like people are making out, if the driver didn't know what people were walking for he could have thought it was a protest/riot or anything. I feel bad for the regular people there but the idiots jumping on the car and hitting it are the ones who caused the incident.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2014, 09:30 PM
If my cars surrounded by a mass of people I probably don't have a clear line of sight to check out exactly what everyone in the crowd looks like, my immediate attention would probably be on the guys on my bonnet and hitting my windows. I'm not saying it's ok to run people over but I'm just saying that it isn't clear cut like people are making out, if the driver didn't know what people were walking for he could have thought it was a protest/riot or anything. I feel bad for the regular people there but the idiots jumping on the car and hitting it are the ones who caused the incident.
I think based on the video and followup articles it's more likely didn't care, because he was in a bout of road rage - as opposed to not understanding the situation as a result of fear. That's why he got arrested. His story doesn't match the testimonial of eyewitnesses nor the footage that was taken of the incident.

outbreak
07-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I think based on the video and followup articles it's more likely didn't care, because he was in a bout of road rage - as opposed to not understanding the situation as a result of fear. That's why he got arrested. His story doesn't match the testimonial of eyewitnesses nor the footage that was taken of the incident.

Maybe, I've only seen the video and read an article on an Australian news site and a gaming site which both tried to portray it as "deaf family thinks zombies are real" when to me it looked more like car gets surrounded by people and people start climbing on it so he drives forward.

InfiniteBaskets
07-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Nobody surrounded his car, the dude inched his car INTO the crowd. You can't claim a mob attacks you when you bring yourself into the mob. And even then, they didn't have his car surrounded. They were surrounded the front portion of his car, only because he put it there. He could've floored it in reverse and have been fine.

Nobody was jumping on his car. One guy sat on his car in a douchebag manner, but wasn't attacking him.

goldenryan
07-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Every year sometime happens at sdcc. A few years back I guy stabbed someone in the eye because he was blocking his view of a final Fantasy 4 trailer. :wtf:

oh the horror
07-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Looks like both things are at play here.

Mob mentality and behind the wheel syndrome. Both were rude because one, people in a mob blending together not individually accountable for their own actions and two driver behind the wheel in his automobile bubble not accountable for his own actions.

Both parties being idiots where cooler heads would have prevailed.

Luckily it doesn't seem like anyone was majorly hurt.

nathanjizzle
07-27-2014, 10:56 PM

him being arrested doesnt make you "right" dumbshit, he still has to be proven guilty of wrong doing. and how can you fairly judge when you haven't heard his side? you havent because youre a dumbass that jumps to conclusions and claim your right when youre wrong for jumping to conclusions without enough rational evidence to do so, just like your retarded conclusions on the missing malaysian flight.

ace23
07-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Every year sometime happens at sdcc. A few years back I guy stabbed someone in the eye because he was blocking his view of a final Fantasy 4 trailer. :wtf:
Bruuuh. :roll:

AintNoSunshine
07-28-2014, 11:17 AM

I love this logic:oldlol: Should a whoe family of blind people be forced to not have means of transportation:roll:

chosen_one6
07-28-2014, 12:51 PM
I love this logic:oldlol: Should a whoe family of blind people be forced to not have means of transportation:roll:

Of course they can have transportation but they should not be operating vehicles. Common sense.

bagelred
07-28-2014, 12:56 PM
It's clear what needs to happen. Comic-Con needs to end. It's too dangerous. No more Comic Con. I think we can all agree....to prevent something like this from happening in future.

#BanComicCon

SCREWstonRockets
07-28-2014, 01:48 PM
lol stupid zombie walk. we have to stop traffic for bullshit like that? this was hilarious

gts
07-28-2014, 01:53 PM
more video

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-con-hit-and-run-zombie-march/

him being arrested doesnt make you "right" dumbshit, The driver hasn't been arrested as of yet

Police Lt. Paul Rorrison said the driver was taken to police headquarters for questioning, in part to get him away from the crowd. Police said Sunday the driver was not arrested in connection with the incident.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jul/26/comic-con-zombie-pedestrian-accident/

tomSR.
07-28-2014, 02:20 PM
what the fukk does being deaf have to do with this........bastard drove though a parade route

dude77
07-28-2014, 02:21 PM
retards sitting on his car when there's a massive crowd around the car .. na, the driver isn't going to get nervous .. fkn idiots ..

annoyed by his honking ? .. cool, keep getting annoyed and stay away from the car .. you don't go and sit on his car ..

if people come up on your car and sit on it .. you're gonna take that as a indication that they're trying to detain you in some way(he won't/can't move since I'm sitting on his car he he) .. not a good idea when there's also a massive crowd around and other people are banging on your window ..

this isn't the same as some random lone idiot sitting on your hood .. play stupid games .. win stupid prizes .. I'm laughing at the clown in the blue shirt ..

the driver wouldn't have driven off like that if they hadn't started to sit on his car and become offensive .. he would've just kept honking and acting annoyed until everyone passed

Trollsmasher
07-28-2014, 02:25 PM
People have no business walking on the road and blocking it like this.

I would not even brake.

Add those idiots damaging my car and I may even reverse for good measure.

Levity
07-28-2014, 02:25 PM
If youre sitting in your car with your family, and a mob starts surrounding your car, slowly inching closer and closer while tapping on your windshield/windows , youre going to be a little more than uneasy.

and in this case, add to the fact that NO ONE in the car can hear whats going on. its just a bad situation in all.

and i understand that fat ass guy was tired from walking a couple of blocks, but that doesnt give him the right to sit on someones car. let alone, a car thats started an on the rode

Fearthejameer
07-28-2014, 02:37 PM
could have just been an asian driver

knickballer
07-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Looked like typical Mob mentality to me. I lol'ed at the fat nerd screaming "Flip the car over!". The people were just standing still in the intersection.. You can't do that on the side?

But still the driver shouldn't have inched up like that and should have realized a parade was going on.

Overdrive
07-28-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't get why he took off. Yeah mob mentality etcetc, but judging by the video it was three people and one guy was only knocking on the driver's window. The guy planting his ass on the hood is an idiot, but the driver even more so how can you hit the throttle in the middle of a crowd?

If you do this here it's automatic jailtime, if you hurt someone - but deaf people don't get driving licences in the first place.

oh the horror
07-28-2014, 03:22 PM
more video

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-con-hit-and-run-zombie-march/

The driver hasn't been arrested as of yet

Police Lt. Paul Rorrison said the driver was taken to police headquarters for questioning, in part to get him away from the crowd. Police said Sunday the driver was not arrested in connection with the incident.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jul/26/comic-con-zombie-pedestrian-accident/

Yeah to be honest thats also on the organizers of the event.

Usually with these "walks" they'll have multiple people walking along the crowd from front to the back to make sure people don't do shit like that and to keep the crowd going and it's stated in general rules to not touch people, bang on windows of businesses and watch traffic etc.

gts
07-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah to be honest thats also on the organizers of the event.

Usually with these "walks" they'll have multiple people walking along the crowd from front to the back to make sure people don't do shit like that and to keep the crowd going and it's stated in general rules to not touch people, bang on windows of businesses and watch traffic etc.

good point.. we have a zombie walk that covers a couple miles in our town every Halloween and the ones dressed like zombie cops are actually the security for the event...

Still haven't been able to talk my girls into getting dressed like zombies and joining in :lol

DEADPOOLZOMBIE
03-25-2015, 12:11 AM
good point.. we have a zombie walk that covers a couple miles in our town every Halloween and the ones dressed like zombie cops are actually the security for the event...

Still haven't been able to talk my girls into getting dressed like zombies and joining in :lol
I'd go to that walk dressed as a zombie.

You know, ironically.

gts
03-25-2015, 12:18 AM
I'd go to that walk dressed as a zombie.

You know, ironically.:lol You'd blend right in

Actually I got them to go this year! 3 of us dressed like zombies, little one was a princess zombie. oldest was racecar driver zombie, got an old helmet hacked a hole in the side and had brains spilling out...

it was fun to do once but never again

DEADPOOLZOMBIE
03-25-2015, 12:22 AM
:lol You'd blend right in

Actually I got them to go this year! 3 of us dressed like zombies, little one was a princess zombie. oldest was racecar driver zombie, got an old helmet hacked a hole in the side and had brains spilling out...

it was fun to do once but never again
That's nice to hear. We appreciate your support. Your family helping break the zombie stereotypes. Zombies are people too, we do many things too.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-25-2015, 12:43 AM
:O