PDA

View Full Version : What was the difference in how Durant and Lebron scored vs the Spurs in the 2014..

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:09 AM
playoffs. Why did Durant struggle so much and why did LBJ shoots so high of a %?

Durant

http://i.imgur.com/k8TcYHq.png

lebron

http://i.imgur.com/RJRu8O0.png

Who was guarding Durant? I remember Kahwi (sp) mostly being in foul trouble when he checked Durant.

Trollsmasher
07-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Durant is a well known bad playoff performer

russwest0
07-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Meh, LeBron had a cakewalk to the Finals and got half of his Finals production in garbage time.

Completely different story with Durant.

moe94
07-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Meh, LeBron had a cakewalk to the Finals and got half of his Finals production in garbage time.

Durant shouldn't have even seen the second round.

Inferno
07-28-2014, 11:22 AM

Not gonna disagree with the bolded, but KD just underperformed, no way to put it.

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:22 AM

It's not lebrons fault Durant can't post up Chris Paul:lol

LosBulls
07-28-2014, 11:23 AM
I feel like the Spurs just decided to just let LeBron get his and focus on everybody else.

They took away the open lanes to the basket, and had good rotations. They just gave LeBron jumpers and 3pts, they also limited turnovers since LeBron gets a lot of fastbreak points.

russwest0
07-28-2014, 11:24 AM
It's not lebrons fault Durant can't post up Chris Paul:lol

Ah, one of those guys.

I'd say Durant putting up 33/10/5 on a team that would have been 1st seed in the East is pretty good, no?

russwest0
07-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Durant shouldn't have even seen the second round.
Not his fault that he demolished the Grizzlies in all closeout games that series.

Oh wait, yeah it is :lol :lol :lol

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:27 AM
I feel like the Spurs just decided to just let LeBron get his and focus on everybody else.

I didn't see them "let" lebron get his. He just couldn't be guarded and should've shot more instead of trying to let his help get going

They took away the open lanes to the basket, and had good rotations. They just gave LeBron jumpers and 3pts, they also limited turnovers since LeBron gets a lot of fastbreak points.

Isn't this what they did last year in the Finals when lebron only shot 45%? How come he shot 57% this time around?

russwest0
07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Isn't this what they did last year in the Finals when lebron only shot 45%? How come he shot 57% this time around?

Lol did you not watch the actual games?

This is why we don't use stats in a vaccum.

Frozen1
07-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Lebron stadpadded while his team was being blown out by the time the third quarter started.

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Ah, one of those guys.

I'd say Durant putting up 33/10/5 on a team that would have been 1st seed in the East is pretty good, no?

Clippers had sh1tty defense

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Lol did you not watch the actual games?

I did watch. Im asking, if they did all of this

They took away the open lanes to the basket, and had good rotations. They just gave LeBron jumpers and 3pts, they also limited turnovers since LeBron gets a lot of fastbreak points

Howcome he didn't struggle with his eff like like in the 2013 finals?

livinglegend
07-28-2014, 11:36 AM
The difference is Lebron >>>> Durant.
Durant wasn't even the best player on his own team.

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Lebron stadpadded while his team was being blown out by the time the third quarter started.

stat padded? The only game lebron scored alot in after being down big was the 4th game.

First 2 games were close

3 game he scored most his points in the 1st qtr when the game was close

4th game he had a big 3rd trying to keep the heat in/rally back

5th he scored most in the 1st when they had the lead/it was close. lebron I think scored 13 points combined in the last 3 qtrs of that game.

...so where was this stat padding taking place?

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:39 AM
The difference is Lebron >>>> Durant.
Durant wasn't even the best player on his own team.

:applause:

GimmeThat
07-28-2014, 11:41 AM
to generalize it

Durant takes shots to open up the floor, drawing defenders away from the paint.

Lebron takes shots to draw defenders closer to the paint, which frees up shooter.

RRR3
07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Anyone who watched the finals knows the Spur a weren't giving LBJ jumpers this year. Kawhi was up in his grill. LeBron had become a great shooter.

russwest0
07-28-2014, 11:46 AM
I did watch. Im asking, if they did all of this

Howcome he didn't struggle with his eff like like in the 2013 finals?

lol he did struggle whenever the game was actually in the balance. It looked no different than 2013 at all.

Warfan
07-28-2014, 11:52 AM
A)He had perkins, sefolosha and collison starting with him the first 2 games.
B)Brooks is an awful offensive coach
C)He missed a fair bit of makeable shots

He wasnt great or anything, but dont act like bron was much better, if at all.

And lets not brag or try to prop up brons performance. He shot well from the peremiter, but lets break down what really happened:

Game 1: Menstrual cramp
Game 2: Great, dominated like he should've
Game 3: Played well in the 1st Q, was garbage in the 2nd half (something like 6pts & 5to's), even after his teammates brought them back in the 3rd
Game 4: Scores 9 points in the 1st, Miami score around 35 points during the 1st half and are down 20 at halftime. Then he starts trying to score
Game 5: Didnt do shit in the crucial 3rd qtr, benched himself with 8 minutes to go in the 4th

His man wins FMVP.

Ditches another town and bolts for greener pastures.

rule1223
07-28-2014, 11:52 AM
every game was a massacre, giving lebron ample amount of time to stat pad

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
lol he did struggle whenever the game was actually in the balance. It looked no different than 2013 at all.

he didn't struggle really, he knew someone else had to start scoring on his team if they wanted to make a real comeback. When you get in 20 point hole, the entire team has to contribute on both ends.

Hoopz2332
07-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Lebron was way better than Durant...it's not LBJ"s fault Wade and Bosh together weren't as good as Westbrook was for the thunder:biggums:

And lets not brag or try to prop up brons performance. He shot well from the peremiter, but lets break down what really happened:

His man wins FMVP.

LBJ shat all over Kwahi:lol . Leonards's raw numbers were basically around Wades level but with way better eff

http://i.imgur.com/A8eOYlf.png

http://i.imgur.com/Kq2WNZB.png

Lebronxrings
07-28-2014, 12:06 PM
one is the GOAT, the other is dubeta.

KD35Brah
07-28-2014, 01:10 PM
The difference was Durant didn't let Kawhi shooting 70% from the field in the last 3 games of the series.

Too bad he tried statpadding in blowouts to make it seem like he did something.

inclinerator
07-28-2014, 01:14 PM
wow bran even shot freethrows better

pegasus
07-28-2014, 01:35 PM

This. Durant underperformed but at least tried, Lebron just statpaded in garbage time as usual.

JT123
07-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Game 1: Menstrual cramp
Game 2: Great, dominated like he should've
Game 3: Played well in the 1st Q, was garbage in the 2nd half (something like 6pts & 5to's), even after his teammates brought them back in the 3rd
Game 4: Scores 9 points in the 1st, Miami score around 35 points during the 1st half and are down 20 at halftime. Then he starts trying to score
Game 5: Didnt do shit in the crucial 3rd qtr, benched himself with 8 minutes to go in the 4th

His man wins FMVP.

Ditches another town and bolts for greener pastures.
:facepalm A 30 win team is greener pastures now? :roll:
I love how you make a bunch of lame excuses for Durant about coaching, bad teammates, etc. Then you blame Lebron for an injury he had no control over! Your bias is showing, big time. :sleeping
Lebron's performance was way better than Durant's, that is a fact. But unlike Lebron, KD actually got support from his supporting cast that you wanna claim is so terrible. :no:

riseagainst
07-28-2014, 01:46 PM
dam... Durant really turned to a joke of an MVP in the playoffs. Dude choked.

Fudge
07-28-2014, 01:50 PM
This. While KD and OKC were battling in close games in the last 4. Makes a huge difference.

imdaman99
07-28-2014, 01:51 PM
In bran's great games in the finals, the refs put Kawhi in foul trouble with BS calls.

Games 2 and 5 were Kawhi foul trouble games. What a surprise those are bran's 2 best scoring games.