PDA

View Full Version : A Message to HEAT Nation from Micky Arison

Alan Ogg
07-28-2014, 04:39 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/a-message-to-heat-nation-from-micky-arison

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/heat/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/780x521_micky_arison_140728.jpg?itok=z3XxYU6k

While what your Miami HEAT has accomplished in the last four years has been historic, there’s a bigger picture that more clearly defines the success we have enjoyed as a franchise. Since I took control of the team in 1995 and brought Pat Riley in to run our Basketball Operations, the HEAT has made the Playoffs in 16 of those 19 full seasons, with five Eastern Conference titles and three NBA championships highlighting those Playoff appearances. The HEAT are one of only seven teams to have won a championship during that span and, of those seven teams, we are one of only four teams to win multiple championships. To get an even better idea of our record of excellence, consider that of the six NBA franchises established at or around the time the HEAT joined the NBA, only one other team has even appeared in the NBA Finals, with only the HEAT winning an NBA title.

From blockbuster trades for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Shaquille O’Neal, to drafting Dwyane Wade, all of whom are future Hall of Famers, to executing the most significant free agency acquisitions in league history when we acquired Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, your Miami HEAT have established themselves as an elite NBA franchise and have maintained a consistent level of on-court excellence, defining our legacy as a championship organization. The fact that we have done all of this before celebrating our 30th Anniversary points out that we are the youngest NBA franchise to achieve this type of success and one of only 15 NBA franchises to win an NBA championship in the league’s 68-year history. And while those accomplishments speak for themselves, I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

Pat Riley is fond of saying that the only thing you can count on in life is change and those that embrace change are best prepared to emerge successfully. So while the names on the back of the jersey may change from time to time, the constant presence of the name “Miami” or “HEAT” on the front guarantees that our goal remains the same: to put a competitive team on the floor capable of competing for the ultimate prize. As a Miami HEAT fan, this is what you have come to expect from us. We are laser-focused on the present and the task at hand of defending our Eastern Conference championship with the East being described as “wide open,” while also positioning ourselves for maximum flexibility and maneuverability in the future.

Our returning core, led by three-time NBA champions Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, two-time champion and nine-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh, two-time champions Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and NBA champion and fan-favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen have once again shown their commitment to winning by doing what is necessary for the benefit of the team. In addition, we welcome NBA All-Stars Luol Deng and Danny Granger, versatile veteran big man Josh McRoberts, two-time NCAA champion Shabazz Napier and exciting young talents like James Ennis and Justin Hamilton, who are coming off of very impressive showings at both the Orlando and Las Vegas NBA Summer Leagues. Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.

Like Dwyane said when he announced his return to the HEAT, I am a #HEATLifer. That’s how I want you to feel about your role as a Miami HEAT fan -- that you are a #HEATLifer – “all in” with us for what is sure to be an exciting 2014-15 season and an incredibly bright future where we will look to add to our three NBA championships.

Micky Arison
#HEATLifer

:bowdown:

HomieWeMajor
07-28-2014, 04:44 PM
:bowdown:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818511/heatglass.gif
I be on it all night, man I be on it (day day)
All day straight up pimp
If you want me you can find me in the A

PJR
07-28-2014, 04:47 PM
:applause:

mistergreens
07-28-2014, 04:49 PM
What a boss. Like him and D-Wade, I am a Heat lifer.

Roundball_Rock
07-28-2014, 04:51 PM
From blockbuster trades for Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway and Shaquille O’Neal, to drafting Dwyane Wade, all of whom are future Hall of Famers, to executing the most significant free agency acquisitions in league history when we acquired Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, your Miami HEAT have established themselves as an elite NBA franchise and have maintained a consistent level of on-court excellence, defining our legacy as a championship organization. The fact that we have done all of this before celebrating our 30th Anniversary points out that we are the youngest NBA franchise to achieve this type of success and one of only 15 NBA franchises to win an NBA championship in the league’s 68-year history. And while those accomplishments speak for themselves, I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

The Heat have indeed been an excellently run franchise in the Arison-Riley period. Props to them and Heat fans. :applause: It is impressive that they build that team into a contender three different times during that span.

DaSeba5
07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Micky :applause:

Overdrive
07-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Basically the Dan Gilbert letter, but written in a more mature disguised way. Why do those owners feel the need to come out and - in Gilbert's case openly in Arison's hidden - state to their fans that they basically don't need LeBron?

Why can't they just admit that they both lost the best player their franchise ever had? Don't get me wrong I don't even like Lebron, but he gave Cleveland semi success and the Heat their best stretch in their history.

We can't he simply thank LeBron? Why does he have to prop up his team and basically beg fans to stay?

Why can't he be frank and say he's sorry LeBron left, knows there were a ton of band wagoners and is glad they gave him their money?

#number6ix#
07-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Let's gooooo!!!!
Micky you my niqqa

R.I.P.
07-28-2014, 04:59 PM
[SIZE="6"]Don

STATUTORY
07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Heat nation?

senile ass ni99a talking to a fictitious group now

GrapeApe
07-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Heat nation?

senile ass ni99a talking to a fictitious group now

:facepalm

Why do people continue spouting this nonsense?

BasedTom
07-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Thank you, OP

I'm looking forward to the future.

hawksdogsbraves
07-28-2014, 07:09 PM
The Heat really have had a great history as a franchise, I guess a big part of that is drafting a player like Wade.

Burgz V2
07-28-2014, 07:17 PM
translation: players will keep coming back to MIA because of the half-naked women, warm weather, and lack of pressure to win because no one is there to see the end of the game anyway

sick_brah07
07-28-2014, 07:20 PM
#heatlifer

is the worst sounding hashtag ever

SupermanOnSteroids
07-28-2014, 07:23 PM
all remaining 22 heat fans applauding in unison. way to go mickey.

Done_And_Done
07-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Basically the Dan Gilbert letter, but written in a more mature disguised way. Why do those owners feel the need to come out and - in Gilbert's case openly in Arison's hidden - state to their fans that they basically don't need LeBron?

Why can't they just admit that they both lost the best player their franchise ever had? Don't get me wrong I don't even like Lebron, but he gave Cleveland semi success and the Heat their best stretch in their history.

We can't he simply thank LeBron? Why does he have to prop up his team and basically beg fans to stay?

Because he's a businessman who is trying to protect and sell his product. I agree that there's no need to release such a statement but his underlying agenda is pretty clear....... $$$$$

D-FENS
07-28-2014, 08:19 PM
:facepalm

Why do people continue spouting this nonsense?

Most Heat fans are from the Philippines. No real fans in Miami

PJR
07-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Most Heat fans are from the Philippines. No real fans in Miami

Shut up.

red1
07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
All the best heat fans. Privileged fanbase lucky to have had one of the GOAT of GOATS in d-lord and two legendary sidekicks in bosh and bron.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-28-2014, 08:32 PM
All the best heat fans. Privileged fanbase lucky to have had one of the GOAT of GOATS in d-lord and two legendary sidekicks in bosh and bron.

Truth.

AintNoSunshine
07-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Minus the previous four years where they hit the jackpot in the big 3, they had one conf title and one championship which were the same year obviously, in 15 years. Nothing impressive.

red1
07-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Minus the previous four years where they hit the jackpot in the big 3, they had one conf title and one championship which were the same year obviously, in 15 years. Nothing impressive.
this hairline is nothing impressive

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-grtrQCTZjBQ/TnvZlXEpf0I/AAAAAAAAAbA/c2--PY1_VbM/s320/hairline.jpg

PJR
07-28-2014, 08:42 PM

^ idiot LeBron Stan.

Do us all a favor in killin yourself you vicariously living homo. K thanks.

red1
07-28-2014, 08:51 PM
^ idiot LeBron Stan.

Do us all a favor in killin yourself you vicariously living homo. K thanks.
I bet he sucks dick in his spare time. I just catch that vibe.

PJR
07-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I bet he sucks dick in his spare time. I just catch that vibe.

Agreed.

red1
07-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Agreed.
repped

305Baller
07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.keepcalmandposters.com/posters/827877.png

jrong
07-28-2014, 11:59 PM

Why can't he be frank and say he's sorry LeBron left, knows there were a ton of band wagoners and is glad they gave him their money?

Because the Heat are bigger than one player. Always have been. Always will be. Bigger than Zo. Bigger than Shaq. Even bigger than Wade. And, yes, bigger than LeBron.

And think about what you're saying. You're asking him to essentially mourn the loss of LeBron and... what? Communicate to the fans sorry, it's over, we're done and we can't come back from this?

**** that. The Heat are gonna fight, and I can tell it pisses off LeBron jacking fans and media, who wanted them to roll over and die, so they could talk about how the team went from the top to the bottom after he left.

That ain't how Miami rolls.

dannysc305
07-29-2014, 12:46 AM

cause its not about lebron you fvcking stan its about the team

aj1987
07-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Arison! :bowdown:

Now stop being cheap and spend some money.

HEAT111
07-29-2014, 01:40 AM
Lets Go Heatt!!!

plowking
07-29-2014, 02:04 AM
This season will either go really well or extremely poorly.

Either way, it's gonna be fun and full of surprises. Just about every season is with the Heat.

houston
07-29-2014, 02:06 AM
yet wade took the paycut lolol

FPJ
07-29-2014, 02:08 AM
At least we got rid of the Letards. Most embarrassing fan base behind Kobe's.

New season gonna be interesting. Looking forward to Heat - Cavs games. Hope they meet in the playoffs too.

Just2McFly
07-29-2014, 02:15 AM
translation: players will keep coming back to MIA because of the half-naked women, warm weather, and lack of pressure to win because no one is there to see the end of the game anyway
stop this foolishness

Overdrive
07-29-2014, 02:29 AM
cause its not about lebron you fvcking stan its about the team

I'm no stan of any player, sorry.

Because the Heat are bigger than one player. Always have been. Always will be. Bigger than Zo. Bigger than Shaq. Even bigger than Wade. And, yes, bigger than LeBron.

And think about what you're saying. You're asking him to essentially mourn the loss of LeBron and... what? Communicate to the fans sorry, it's over, we're done and we can't come back from this?

**** that. The Heat are gonna fight, and I can tell it pisses off LeBron jacking fans and media, who wanted them to roll over and die, so they could talk about how the team went from the top to the bottom after he left.

That ain't how Miami rolls.

I get that, but the only reason that urged him to write that was Lebron's departure. Either openly admit it or don't do it at all. He's afraid he's losing dollars although you guys got an interesting season ahead. Imo it's a weak, insecure move.

AintNoSunshine
07-29-2014, 02:32 AM
repped

Looks like you two are the ones in a circle jerk.

What I said was only fact, why are you 2 fa99ots had to be so insecured? Are you mad because what I said was truth and it hurt you?

I'm even a Miami fan, I love Riley, Bosh, Bird, etc. Doesn't mean I can't speak about facts about them, I laugh at Lebron's hairline too if someone says something funny about it. Grow up dudes.

Quizno
07-29-2014, 06:23 AM

no, you just see lebron in everything. this letter is bigger than lebron or any one player, it's about an owner supporting his team in spite of what some people have said will be a dark period for the franchise