PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a longer post in ISH history than this one?

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2014, 06:02 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349235&page=2

It's by SupermanOnSteroids, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding it

boozehound
07-28-2014, 06:04 PM

yes, much longer. Kblaze, various OTC threads, etc

BuffaloBill
07-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Someboby please post the pauk rants about lebron

riseagainst
07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Someboby please post the pauk rants about lebron

:oldlol:

BuffaloBill
found it. he made this post after kobe blocked lebron in the allstar game

You know how an old and dying Lion gathers up all his last strength he has left to do his last desperate attack against the prime Lion that constantly beats him & took over his pride, just to at least annoy him and then go "ha ha ha" and run away to his death with at least one happy thought........? That was Kobe tonight......

That was just sad to watch from Kobe and very surprising, totally uncalled for...... He wasnt even having a good game, but he sure wanted to take that time of the West leading the East even though its a completely useless game to poke & annoy the bear and show his evident feelings towards Lebron humiliating him where it matters (what else could it be?) by trashtalking (not fun or friendly trashtalking) and putting up all his energy (which he would not put up on the court all season) on trying to defend a nonchalant Lebron as hard as he ever could in a nonchalant all-star game......

I mean, he was DEAD serious, Game 7 Finals 1 minute left game tied type of serious.......... with all his might played full-court press while trashtalking, then got a block on him where Lebron did a nonchalant all-star-game type of play/jumper..... then Kobe trashtalked "HE CANT SCORE ON ME!!!".... Lebron still didnt want to get in to this old desperate mans last desperate endeavour....... Lebron then did some drives on Kobe where Kobe got away with what would be called a foul in a normal game (hooking his shooting arm on the drive & pushing)... taking advantage of great all-star game officiating afterall....... and then continued to trashtalk while the game ended.....

If Lebron was any kind of serious of winning this useless game and if Lebron knew what this pathetic old man had in mind in this useless game then he would come out from the start of the game and proceed to obliterate Kobe like he always does.........

Go ahead old man, way to go....... the bad thing about this Kobe is that any type of compassion Lebron had when he would face you is gone.... you are lucky you will never meet Lebron in the playoffs and you better pray that never happens...........

But you are VERY unlucky you will meet a very serious & pissed of Lebron in a regular season game until you retire.......... very unlucky................. cant wait to see their next matchup....
Lets see here.... this bothered me? No, this is more like comedy, a chuckle at a pathetic player endeavour which occurred during his downfall in a futile moment against a player that would steadily depress him during moments which are not as incompetent as all-star games....... considering this how could your cerebrum possibly develope your braincells to come up with such a stupid conclusion?

Time out of my life? It took 5-10 minutes, ISH is a hobby (unfortunately, with posters like in this thread/forum its becoming less and less of that)... what are you doing here reading this? What are you doing here taking time of YOUR life to write that ignorant assumption and still get decimated?

But nice try, the only reason you deserved a response from me here is because your cerebral cortex has compared to these other trolls at least slightly better function and decency to more articulately create a post which is within context.....

Look mr Graviton... I am either in humorous, lackadaisical type of mood or in very serious mood (hence also may be "eloquent") in this forum and that reflects to what & how i may type here...

I am perfectly aware of the typos which can occur through a rushed internet forum post using a keyboard, thank you for taking notice... but since you also are aware of this (and im sure you have done the same mistake) and might have understood the context of my post anyways then that unfortunately makes your post unnecessary, its not only thread derailing but also derails what i said...

One more thing... If English was one of your five fluently spoken languages and probably the one you would use the least in your everyday life and you still speak it so good i believe you would also be overall more "intelligent" in that department than any random American that can speak only English...... and dont you worry about backfire, i am the only one who is doing the backfiring... as you can see... it infact may be the culprit behind the attitude/behaviour i may recieve by many of these kids here.... especially if you are not only eloquent but also factual.... because that makes me a pessimist in their eyes as i spoil their delusional opinions....

..and the point still stands no matter how much derailing you did and will continue to do, what Kobe did was just low considering the circumstances... if Kobe would be able to do that against Lebron in any regular season or playoff game and have the same outcome then it would have recieved my full compliments ........... because then Lebron would have not been nonchalant from the start of the game and the officiating would be more improved, which means its very much unlikely Kobe would be able to pull this attempt anyways because Lebron would instead as he has done that to Kobe for many years.... which kindof also explains why Kobe was able to & wanted to take advantage of this moment...

Its not about being bothered (classic excuse), its about presenting the envious feelings Kobe tonight proved he has towards Lebron by doing what he did because Lebron did to him what HE did (where it matters).... its as simple as that.... i have nothing against Kobes game, have all the respect in the world for his game, but his mindset, thats a different story... i usually just ignore it, but tonight it was just to much even by his standards....... I dont give **** if it happened to Lebron or anybody else, please dont try that excuse, what Kobe did was simply low....... and i know you deep down inside know this.

I like Lebrons gamestyle & mindset much more than Kobes (i guess thats my way of telling you i am a "Lebron fan"), but if Kobe did this where it mattered.... then it would be only a compliment....

I love great basketball from anyone and what Kobe did was great, but completely unnecessary & unimpressive considering the circimstances of the type of game, type of officiating in such a game and how Lebron approached that specific type of futile game.... and that he had to trashtalk like a moron while doing it makes it even worse (if he did that during a regular season game or playoffs then its more tolerable and understandable)...
Last edited by pauk : Today at 02:56 AM.

Reggie Miller did it in the regular season games & playoffs and did it only when he was able to back it up specifically there where it mattered, Reggie trashtalked maybe more than anybody i ever seen but he would have never done that in a god damn all-star game (and never did), especially against Jordan in that moment where everybody had their guard down and even say "You cant score on me!!!" (exactly how Kobe completely animated screamed that into Lebrons face)........ like i said if Kobe would do this (especially to Lebron) where it mattered then it would be a compliment!

Its two very different scenarios.... in a regular season & playoff game a player doesnt have his guard down at any time, he is focused to perform his best and win the game immediately from the get go, also the officiating is intact...

An all-star game is kindof like a pickup game, for the fans... have fun.... work out...

Its like the difference between a boxing match and sparring....

Its kindof like if you sparred with Mike Tyson and you deliberately all of the sudden throw your hardest punch on his chin and KO him..... or punch Mike Tyson in his sleep and say "I KO'ed Mike Tyson!!!!".....

Thats exactly what Kobe did tonight....

There is also a difference between friendly trashtalking (very fun & happens alot in all-star games) and hostile trashtalking (thats what kobe did, that is what should NEVER happen in a all-star game, but should/could happen understandably anywhere else)

I just want to know something, considering the non-friendly trashtalking Kobe did what exactly was Kobe (and his fans) wetting himself over??

What does him blocking LeBron twice (one where he hooked/grab his shooting arm, no call) for another block in a useless game prove to him (or his fans), exactly?

LeBron is still the best player in the game. Do you honestly think Kobe "holding him in check" in the ASG changes that at all, or that you can draw meaningful conclusions from that?

You've got Kobe fans pointing to Kobe's 81 point game, still somehow calling LeBron a mental midget, saying he should not have MVP because of this block and all kindsof pathetic things due to this block.... now it's become like the 9 millionth Kobe vs LeBron shot block post....

"Yea he is better than me, yea we wont make the playoffs, but we blocked Lebron!!!".....

Rocketswin2013
Some random poster took up half a page and had a semi-meltdown in some Kobe-Lebron-Wade thread. Wasn't even responding to anybody

RoundMoundOfReb
You know how an old and dying Lion gathers up all his last strength he has left to do his last desperate attack against the prime Lion that constantly beats him & took over his pride, just to at least annoy him and then go "ha ha ha" and run away to his death with at least one happy thought........? That was Kobe tonight......That was just sad to watch from Kobe and very surprising, totally uncalled for...... He wasnt even having a good game, but he sure wanted to take that time of the West leading the East even though its a completely useless game to poke & annoy the bear and show his evident feelings towards Lebron humiliating him where it matters (what else could it be?) by trashtalking (not fun or friendly trashtalking) and putting up all his energy (which he would not put up on the court all season) on trying to defend a nonchalant Lebron as hard as he ever could in a nonchalant all-star game......I mean, he was DEAD serious, Game 7 Finals 1 minute left game tied type of serious.......... with all his might played full-court press while trashtalking, then got a block on him where Lebron did a nonchalant all-star-game type of play/jumper..... then Kobe trashtalked "HE CANT SCORE ON ME!!!".... Lebron still didnt want to get in to this old desperate mans last desperate endeavour....... Lebron then did some drives on Kobe where Kobe got away with what would be called a foul in a normal game (hooking his shooting arm on the drive & pushing)... taking advantage of great all-star game officiating afterall....... and then continued to trashtalk while the game ended.....If Lebron was any kind of serious of winning this useless game and if Lebron knew what this pathetic old man had in mind in this useless game then he would come out from the start of the game and proceed to obliterate Kobe like he always does.........Go ahead old man, way to go....... the bad thing about this Kobe is that any type of compassion Lebron had when he would face you is gone.... you are lucky you will never meet Lebron in the playoffs and you better pray that never happens...........But you are VERY unlucky you will meet a very serious & pissed of Lebron in a regular season game until you retire.......... very unlucky................. cant wait to see their next matchup....Lets see here.... this bothered me? No, this is more like comedy, a chuckle at a pathetic player endeavour which occurred during his downfall in a futile moment against a player that would steadily depress him during moments which are not as incompetent as all-star games....... considering this how could your cerebrum possibly develope your braincells to come up with such a stupid conclusion? Time out of my life? It took 5-10 minutes, ISH is a hobby (unfortunately, with posters like in this thread/forum its becoming less and less of that)... what are you doing here reading this? What are you doing here taking time of YOUR life to write that ignorant assumption and still get decimated? But nice try, the only reason you deserved a response from me here is because your cerebral cortex has compared to these other trolls at least slightly better function and decency to more articulately create a post which is within context.....Look mr Graviton... I am either in humorous, lackadaisical type of mood or in very serious mood (hence also may be "eloquent") in this forum and that reflects to what & how i may type here...I am perfectly aware of the typos which can occur through a rushed internet forum post using a keyboard, thank you for taking notice... but since you also are aware of this (and im sure you have done the same mistake) and might have understood the context of my post anyways then that unfortunately makes your post unnecessary, its not only thread derailing but also derails what i said...One more thing... If English was one of your five fluently spoken languages and probably the one you would use the least in your everyday life and you still speak it so good i believe you would also be overall more "intelligent" in that department than any random American that can speak only English...... and dont you worry about backfire, i am the only one who is doing the backfiring... as you can see... it infact may be the culprit behind the attitude/behaviour i may recieve by many of these kids here.... especially if you are not only eloquent but also factual.... because that makes me a pessimist in their eyes as i spoil their delusional opinions......and the point still stands no matter how much derailing you did and will continue to do, what Kobe did was just low considering the circumstances... if Kobe would be able to do that against Lebron in any regular season or playoff game and have the same outcome then it would have recieved my full compliments ........... because then Lebron would have not been nonchalant from the start of the game and the officiating would be more improved, which means its very much unlikely Kobe would be able to pull this attempt anyways because Lebron would instead as he has done that to Kobe for many years.... which kindof also explains why Kobe was able to & wanted to take advantage of this moment...Its not about being bothered (classic excuse), its about presenting the envious feelings Kobe tonight proved he has towards Lebron by doing what he did because Lebron did to him what HE did (where it matters).... its as simple as that.... i have nothing against Kobes game, have all the respect in the world for his game, but his mindset, thats a different story... i usually just ignore it, but tonight it was just to much even by his standards....... I dont give **** if it happened to Lebron or anybody else, please dont try that excuse, what Kobe did was simply low....... and i know you deep down inside know this. I like Lebrons gamestyle & mindset much more than Kobes (i guess thats my way of telling you i am a "Lebron fan"), but if Kobe did this where it mattered.... then it would be only a compliment....I love great basketball from anyone and what Kobe did was great, but completely unnecessary & unimpressive considering the circimstances of the type of game, type of officiating in such a game and how Lebron approached that specific type of futile game.... and that he had to trashtalk like a moron while doing it makes it even worse (if he did that during a regular season game or playoffs then its more tolerable and understandable)...

This was one post

MastaKilla
07-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Somebody asked KBlaze if he liked egg whites and got a longer reply than that.

EnoughSaid
07-28-2014, 06:11 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

But yeah we've had threads where people were debating Wilt's dominance and that one Wilt stan (don't remember his name) would consistently write these long-ass posts to prove a point.

Fudge
07-28-2014, 06:13 PM
:lol :lol

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2014, 06:13 PM
found it. he made this post after kobe blocked lebron in the allstar game

Lol, holy shit, I think we have a winner

ILLsmak
07-28-2014, 06:23 PM

It's formatted poorly fosho. Wallotext.

-Smak

Prometheus
07-28-2014, 07:10 PM
One of the first threads I ever made was my thoughts on what would happen if Jordan and LeBron played 1 on 1 in their primes, and it was at least twice as long as that.

Asukal
07-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Nobody and I mean NOBODY beats jlauber/lazeruss in the essays department. :bowdown:

KobesFinger
07-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Anything jlauber posts. What gets me when he says "furthermore" and "what, did Wilt do, you ask?"

ArbitraryWater
07-29-2014, 10:43 AM

bwahahhahahahahaha

lmfao yea kblaze/jlauber ("furthermore" lmfao) and others too... wasnt r

Smook A.
07-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Droid's post... Longer than Pauk's

I need to tell you a little about how Mr. Pauk's spinmeisters are nothing more than undiplomatic poseurs. And so I shall. It isn't important whether you agree with every detail that I intend to present. What matters is that you begin to realize that I have grown tired of watching the repeated handshakes and toothy smiles in front of television cameras and subsequently learning that nothing has truly changed. As always, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why Pauk spends his leisure time devising ever more hostile ways to give expression to that which is most destructive and most harmful to society.

I do not wish to evaluate Bonapartism here, though I profess that Pauk has occasionally been successful at teaching yellow-bellied concepts to children. Upon such points his natural character always exhibits itself most determinedly as he further strives to advocate measures that others criticize for being excessively jaundiced. He has been proposing the most ill-informed toxic brew of policy recommendations that one can imagine. What's my problem, then? Allow me to present it in the form of a question: Is he hoping that the readers of this essay won't see the weakness of his argument relative to mine? My best guess, for what it may be worth, is based on two key observations. The first observation is that he is caught up in an irrational belief about his own powers and abilities.

The second, more telling, observation is that for some odd reason, Pauk believes that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever his personal interests are at stake. His unasinous vicegerents, who believe likewise, also fail to see that I suggest that we provide some balance to Pauk's one-sided put-downs. This right and truthful proposition, practically established, will help us comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to instigate acrimony and discord.

Rather than pick out appropriate verbs and nouns, Pauk pads all of his sentences with extra syllables to grant them an atmosphere of authority. I, on the other hand, prefer to use simple language to express the sentiment that Pauk takes a perverse pleasure in watching people scurry about like rats in a maze, never quite managing to show him how he is as wrong as wrong can be. Still, I recommend you check out some of his crotchets and draw your own conclusions on the matter. There are many roads leading to the defeat of his plans to make excessive use of foul language. I warrant that all of these roads must eventually pass through the same set of gates: the ability to drag Pauk in front of a tribunal and try him for his crimes against humanity.

I am appalled that I have cause to write this article. That concept can be extended, mutatis mutandis, to the way that we must understand that his ideals are one of those things that will redefine success and obscure failure. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible. Pauk makes it sound like he acts in the name of equality and social justice. That's the rankest sort of pretense I've ever heard. The reality is that Pauk adamantly maintains that it is patriotic to call for ritualistic invocations of needlessly formal rules. Such beliefs would be utterly factual if it weren't for reality. As it stands, in these days of political correctness and the changing of how history is taught in schools to fulfill a particular agenda, I have never been in favor of being gratuitously tyrannical. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to expand people's understanding of Pauk's nit-picky, heinous doctrines.

Pauk's long-term goal is to create a world without history, without philosophy, without science, without reason—a world without beauty of any kind, without art, without literature, without culture. I hate to break it to him, but down that path lies only heartache and tears. That's why I insist on mentioning that Pauk preys on the rebellious and disenfranchised, tricking them into joining his club. Their first assignment usually involves forcing me to sink into a miasma of doubt and alienation. The lesson to draw from this is that Pauk would have us believe that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. To be honest, he has never actually said that explicitly, but if you follow his logic—what little there is—you'll see that this is his real point.

Let's understand one fundamental fact: Pauk got a little carried away with his tasteless propositions. We can therefore extrapolate that if my memory serves me correctly, there's something fishy about Pauk's manifestos. I think he's up to something, something inimical and perhaps even doolally. I used to agree completely with those who claimed that like many of you, I'm in high dudgeon over Pauk's obnoxious contrivances. Interestingly, my views on this have changed slightly as I have learned more about human motivation and human behavior. Now I believe that Pauk promotes a victimization hierarchy. He and his legatees appear at the top of the hierarchy, naturally, and therefore insist that they deserve to be given more money, support, power, etc. than anyone else. Other groups, depending on Pauk's view of them, are further down the list. At the bottom are those of us who realize that if Pauk is victorious in his quest to squander irreplaceable treasures, then his crown will be the funeral wreath of humanity.

If the word "consubstantiationist" occurs to the reader, he or she may recall that Pauk once tried to convert houses of worship into houses of deconstructionism. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this essay, viz., that several of his lickspittles, who asked to remain nameless, informed me of his secret plans to make us dependent on unruly, ugly muttonheads for political representation, economic support, social position, and psychological approval? It would take days to give the complete answer to that question, but the gist of it is that Pauk is a predaceous scaramouch. In fact, Pauk is worse than a predaceous scaramouch; he's also a loud ogre. That's why he feels obligated to engage in the trafficking of human beings. Life isn't fair. We've all known this since the beginning of time, so why is he so compelled to complain about situations over which he has no control? He doesn't want you to know the answer to that question; he wants to ensure you don't think outside the box.

It may seem senseless to say that Pauk's fairy tales are propaganda to the point of comedy and are so easily refuted as to render them useless even as such. Nevertheless, the position can be defended. It doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of Pauk's conclusions in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy.

You do not need to be spiteful to know that Pauk should be locked up, the point being that he pretends to have the solution for everything. In reality, Pauk creates more problems for the rest of us to solve. Consider, for example, how his cold-blooded execrations leave the current power structure untouched while simultaneously killing countless children through starvation and disease. Are these children Pauk's enemies? To turn that question around, do Pauk's publicity stunts appear reasonable to anyone other than squalid kooks? The answer is too well-known to bear repeating, but I should comment that I admit I have a tendency to become a bit insensitive whenever I rebuke Pauk for trying to plunge us into the vortex of miserabilism. While I am desirous of mending this tiny personality flaw, whenever people fail to fall for Pauk's nocuous deceptions, he tries leading them to the slaughterhouse via the back entrance. If that ploy still doesn't work, Pauk then sics his blood-drenched, murderous Praetorian Guard in all of its resplendent foulness upon them.

Even though Pauk insists that he has a fearless dedication to reason and truth, I, speaking as someone who is not a saturnine, capricious fault-finder, suspect that anyone with eyes and a brain can tell that his pals all have serious personal problems. In fact, the way Pauk keeps them loyal to him is by encouraging and exacerbating these problems rather than by helping to overcome them. If he were as bright as he thinks he is, he'd know that we need to look beyond the most immediate and visible problems with him. We need to look at what is behind these problems and understand that anyone—you or I or a Martian who just arrived in a flying saucer—who wants to give our young people the values that will inspire them to rise above the narrow confines of self-existence to the broader concerns of all humanity should realize that if you intend to challenge someone's assertions, you need to present a counterargument. He provides none. Now that I've been exposed to Pauk's rejoinders I must admit that I don't completely understand them.

Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps I claim that I have a workable strategy for pronouncing the truth and renouncing the lies. Naturally, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but I have already established that the first lies that Pauk told us were relatively benign. Still, they have been progressing. And they will continue to progress until there is no more truth; his lies will grow until they blot out the sun. I would like to make a bet with Mr. Pauk. I will gladly give him a day's salary if he can prove that everything is happy and fine and good, as he insists. If Pauk is unable to prove that, then his end of the bargain is to step aside while I take stock of what we know, identify areas for further research, and provide a useful starting point for debate on his malapert musings. So, do we have a bet, Pauk?

ArbitraryWater
07-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Droid's post... Longer than Pauk's

wtf lmfaoo i do remember it a bit..somewhere

Isn't that the same dude who makes fun of pauk hahaha

Wally450
07-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Yea, OP that isn't even that long to Pauk's rant. There's other that people have already posted as you can see that are way longer.

Psileas
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
There's a 10,000 character limit for each post, so, no much value to this record.
I'd like to have seen some of the famous "continued..." posts of Lazeruss merged into one. Without paragraphs. He probably has written like 90% of all 10,000 character messages here.

DMV2
07-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Droid was mocking Pauk.

Pauk's lion essay (or rather a short novel) was the GOAT meltdown. And it was about an exhibit game. :oldlol:

Smook A.
07-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Droid was mocking Pauk.

Pauk's lion essay (or rather a short novel) was the GOAT meltdown. And it was about an exhibit game. :oldlol:
Not just an exhibition game. He wrote ALL that (1500 words) over Kobe's blocks on LeBron in the ASG :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
07-29-2014, 01:45 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175259

30,000 characters +. And I don't think its my longest topic either.

I wrote a 65 thousand word hypothetical question once. But it was in 4 parts spread over 7 months.

jstern
07-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Hakeem could NEVER come CLOSE to the post-season scoring OR EFFICIENCY that a PRIME Wilt put up. Wilt had FOUR ENTIRE post-seasons of 30+ ppg (Chamberlain had post-seasons of 33.2 ppg, 34.7 ppg, 35.0 ppg, and 37.0 ppg.) How about post-season series? Wilt had series of 37.0 ppg, 37.0 ppg, 38.6 ppg, and 38.7 ppg (and he had post-season series against Russell of 30.1 ppg, 30.5 ppg, and 33.6 ppg.) And he had "must-win" games of 56, 53, 50 (against RUSSELL), 46, and 45, which came in a season only four months removed from major knee surgery. In fact, Chamberlain had FOUR 50+ point games in his post-season career. How many did your boy Hakeem have?

Oh, and ONE MORE TIME, had Wilt not carried his team's past the first round in his first eight post-seasons, and he would have averaged 33 ppg in that span. Of course, he did, and had to battle Russell in EIGHT of them. Oh, and his teammates were so pathetic, that his team missed the playoffs in his 63 season, in which he averaged 44.8 ppg on .528 shooting. You could safely add another 35+ ppg playoff series had he been able to play in it.

Furthermore, had he not ran into the Celtic Dynasty, or had had teammates that could have scored a handful more points, and he would have run into the Lakers in the Finals in several of them. He averaged 52 ppg against LA in eight regular season meetings in '62, which included THREE games of 60+ (and a HIGH game of 78.) Hell, how about Russell in the '65 Finals? He averaged 18 ppg, 27 rpg, and shot .702. In the previous series against Wilt? 15.6 ppg, 25.2 rpg, and on .447 shooting. And in that same series, Chamberlain hung a 30.1 ppg, 31.4 rpg, .555 series on Russell. Just what kind of mind0numbing numbers would Chamberlain have hung on the Laker frontline in a '65 Finals?

Hakeem shooting .528 in his post-season career to Wilt's .522?

Hakeem played in leagues that shot as high as .491. And, on AVERAGE, they shot about .470. Chamberlain played in league's that shot between .410 and .456.

Oh, and Wilt did so against 105 starting HOF centers (compared to Hakeem's 35.) And even that his deceptive. Wilt faced a PRIME Kareem in 11 playoff games, while Hakeem (with Sampson actually defending him in the '86 WCF's) faced a 39 year Kareem in six.

How about Russell, widely regarded as the greatest defensive center in NBA history, and his swarming Celtics in 49 games? Thurmond, who was a FAR better defender on Kareem that Hakeem could have ever "dreamt" about, battled Wilt in 17 games. Reed in 18. Bellamy in 11. And a PRIME Kareem in 11.

How about a PRIME Kareem's FG% against an OLD Wilt in Chamberlain's LAST TEN straight games? .434. How about a 38-39 year old Kareem, who couldn't even grab an uncontested rebound at that age, AVERAGING 32 ppg on, get this... .633 shooting in his FIRST TEN STRAIGHT GAMES against a 23 year old Hakeem?

Or, Kareem in his 28 H2H games with Chamberlain, shooting .464. (BTW, in their one meeting before Chamberlain shredded his knee, Wilt outscored, outrebounded, outassisted, outblocked, and outshot Kareem (and by a .643 to .429 margin.)

How about the CAREER Hakeem-Kareem 23 H2H's (in which Kareem ranged from 38-42?) Kareem outscored and outshot the 23-26 year old Hakeem by a .610 to .512 margin.

A PRIME Kareem had TEN games, in his 28 H2H's with Wilt, in which he shot over .500. He had TWENTY games, in his 23 H2H's with Hakeem, in which he shot over .500. Kareem had ONE game of over .600 shooting against Wilt, and SEVEN against Hakeem. Wilt held Kareem to under .399 shooting in SEVEN games (Hakeem, one.)

Hell, and OLD Kareem, at age 38-39 dumped THREE games of 40+ on Hakeem, and all on staggering efficiencies (one game of 46 points, on 21-30 shooting, and in only 37 minutes. In fact, the recap mentioned that Kareem probably would have scored his all-time career high had he played longer.)

Of course, what we don't have in all of the above? We don't have a 23-26 year old Wilt facing Kareem. Or even a 23-32 year old Wilt. The only semi-prime game we have of Wilt, Chamberlain just abused Kareem in EVERY facet of the game.

And how about OVERALL post-season play? Where were Hakeem's 30-27 GAMES? Chamberlain AVERAGED that in his first 67 post-season games...COMBINED (and 35 of those came against RUSSELL.)

How about shooting in the Finals? Hakeem, in his three Finals, shot .500, .488, and .483 (and was outshot by Shaq, who shot .595.) Wilt, in his SIX Finals, had series of .517 (and 29.2 ppg, 27.6 rpg, and holding Russell to a 11-25 .386 series), .525, .534, .560 (against Thurmond...while holding Nate to .343 shooting), .600 (along with 19 ppg and 23 rpg, and in winning the FMVP), and a staggering seven game Finals of .625 (to go along with 23.2 ppg and 24.1 rpg.) So Wilt, in NBA post-seasons that shot FAR worse, shot better in his WORST Finals, than Hakeem did in his best.

And once again, compare post-season league FG%'s in those Finals.

Hakeem shot .488 in the '86 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .489.
Hakeem shot .500 in the '94 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .439.
Hakeem shot .483 in the '95 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .460.

How about Wilt?

Wilt shot .517 in the '64 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .420.
Wilt shot .560 in the '67 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .424.
Wilt shot .534 in the '69 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .431.
Wilt shot .625 in the '70 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .455.
Wilt shot .600 in the '72 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .446.
Wilt shot .525 in the '73 Finals, and in a post-season NBA that shot .451.

How about post-season rebounding?

Wilt played in 29 post-season series...and was NEVER outrebounded in ONE. He had post-season series in which he just annihilated his opposing centers, too, including HOFers. He outrebounded Thurmond in all three H2H series, and by margins of up to 23.5 to 19.5 rpg, and 23.6 rpg to 17.2 rpg (in his LAST post-season BTW.) How about against Russell? He outrebounded Russell in ALL eight of their post-season H2H's...including margins of 30.2 rpg to 26.2 rpg, 31.4 rpg to 25.2 rpg, and even a 32.0 rpg to 23.4 rpg margin.

Wilt's LOWEST post-season was 20.2 rpg. He had EIGHT of 24.7+, including two of 29.1 rpg and one of 30.2 rpg. Once again, in his LAST post-season, at age 36, and in 17 post-season games, he averaged 22.5 rpg (in a post-season NBA that averaged 50.6 rpg.)

Hakeem was outrebounded in several (Shaq pounded him in BOTH of their of post-season H2H's.) Ewing outrebounded him by THREE per game in the '94 Finals...which was bad enough, but Hakeem's TEAMMATE, Otis Thorpe was Houston's leading rebounder. Barkley outrebounded Hakeem in the '97 playoffs.

And let's get to the REAL facts here.

Hakeem won ONE MVP, in a league in which the real best player did not play that season. He came in second, ONE other time. He finished in the top-4 FOUR times. My god, he didn't even finish in the top-10 in EIGHT of his 18 seasons.

Chamberlain won FOUR MVPs, and SHOULD have won them in '62, 64, and '72 (and clearly should have finished somewhere near the top in '69.) Even at age 36, and in his LAST season, he came in 4th.

Hakeem consistently led his teams to 45 wins per season in his career. He only played on five teams that even won 50+ games, with a high of 58. Chamberlain anchored FOUR teams that won 60+ games, including two that went 68-13 and 69-13. And for all the credit that Hakeem gets for leading his '95 Rockets to a title, how about Wilt in the '65 post-season. He led a 40-40 team thru a loaded 48-32 Royals team. Then, he took that team (which had gone 34-46 the year before), to a game seven, one point loss, against a 62-18 Celtic at the peak of their dynasty. And all he did in that series was average 30.1 ppg, 31.4 rpg, and shoot .555 from the field.

And his 49-31 '62 team was the same basic core of the LAST PLACE team that he inherited in his rookies season. Not only that, but that cast of clowns collectively shot .354 in that post-season, too. And yet Wilt single-handedly carried them thru the first round, and then to a game seven, two point loss against Russell's 60-20 Celtics, and their SEVEN HOFers.

Oh, and while Wilt failed to make it past the first round in ONE of his 13 post-seasons, Hakeem led his team's out of the first round in EIGHT of his 15.

How about comparing the RECORD BOOK? I doubt Hakeem holds more than a dozen NBA records. Chamberlain holds close to 100!

Scoring, shooting, rebounding, passing, defense...Wilt has a HUGE edge in ALL of those categories.

Sorry, but Hakeem's career resume PALES in comparison to Wilt's.

Random Jlauber post, so there's definitely longer ones. I miss that guy. That post is 1,567 word.

Edit: Pauk's is 1,554 words long.

KG215
07-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Anything jlauber posts. What gets me when he says "furthermore" and "what, did Wilt do, you ask?"
Don't forget the liberal use of capitalizing, like, ever three or four words.