David Robinson
--------------------

GO!

BoutPractice
07-29-2014, 05:00 AM
Robinson, win by KO two seconds into the first round

plowking
07-29-2014, 05:02 AM
David Robinson was a beast who is ultimately defined by many NBA fans in one series. The Hakeem one... Unfair to him considering he usually got the better of Hakeem outside of that series.

He in my opinion is a fantastic player who gets severely underrated because of that one series. Though as a fan of him, he did seem to crumble in big moments a little too much.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-29-2014, 05:04 AM
Robinson is in a different tier...

west
07-29-2014, 05:46 AM
The man who scored 71 points.

blacknapalm
07-29-2014, 05:58 AM
robinson easily. he was a physical freak that could handle the ball. hit FTs at a decent rate. spotty performances in the PO's but still. idk if he could draw the same doubles as dwight but he drew his fair share. his transition and outside game more than made up for it. he probably deserved more than one DPOY in his career but he played in a competitive era w/ the dream, rodman, mutumbo, mourning and ewing.

i think it's more fair to say howard vs ewing and that's really only cuz injuries to ewing dragged him down towards the end.

Harison
07-29-2014, 06:01 AM
Robinson > Ewing >> Dwight

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2014, 06:33 AM
Howard's best season doesn't measure up to the Admiral's average regular season during his prime. Hell, rookie Shaq was more dominant than 2011 Howard.

That_Admiral
07-29-2014, 06:34 AM
The Admiral without a doubt.

Round Mound
07-29-2014, 06:39 AM
David Robinson was a beast who is ultimately defined by many NBA fans in one series. The Hakeem one... Unfair to him considering he usually got the better of Hakeem outside of that series.

He in my opinion is a fantastic player who gets severely underrated because of that one series. Though as a fan of him, he did seem to crumble in big moments a little too much.

Its Because Hakeem Was a Monster: "A Tim Duncan With 5`11 ft SG-Like Foot Quickness, With More Moves and More Onstoppable!"

Dwight Doesn`t Even Deserve to Compared to David Robinson.

D-Rob Was 7`1ft Small Forward Playing Center. After Mutoumbo and Eaton, Probaby The Third Best Rim Protector of His Era. He Was Also Like Hakeem The Best All Around and Floor Defensive Center of His Era And All Time With Russell and Hakeem In Company (See SPG). D-Rob Had a Great Face Up 1 on 1 Game: Could Take ANY CENTER Off The Dribble in The Post and Off The Post. He Also Had A Solid Mid Range Jumper For a Center. Quickness, Explosiveness, Strength, Agility etc

His only flaws where tha the wasn`t as agressive or cold hearted agressive as he should have been. But then again, it was his style, he was a gentlemen to everyone

played0ut
07-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Robinson.

He's smarter than Dwight. Good attitude, too. As for athleticism?

He was a gymnast in the navel academy. He actually had the highest marks for gymnastics.

He could walk the length of the court on his hands and do a standing backflip.

His only flaws where tha the wasn`t as agressive or cold hearted agressive as he should have been. But then again, it was his style, he was a gentlemen to everyone[/B]

Yup. Jordan commented on it during Barcelona. Said that Robinson wasn't the same as the other guys.

Robinson admitted it too. He said he couldn't really understand what made the other Dream Teamers so ferociously competitive and driven.

Im Still Ballin
07-29-2014, 07:19 AM
God Round mound is one of the biggest 90's schlong suckers

played0ut
07-29-2014, 07:26 AM
God Round mound is one of the biggest 90's schlong suckers

hey awesome someone for me to do it with

BoutPractice
07-29-2014, 07:29 AM
It may be a bit clich

played0ut
07-29-2014, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=BoutPractice]It may be a bit clich

StephHamann
07-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Howard is on a tier with Mutombo

D. Rob is a completly different tier

East_Stone_Ya
07-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Robinson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQXxRJ-zrU

Roundball_Rock
07-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Robinson easily.

Genaro
07-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Is this thread serious? D Rob shits on Dwight.

jstern
07-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Robinson is bigger, an athletic freak, and had Navy training, so I do think he could kick Dwight's ass in a fight. Has had more training in that area. But he's a serious Christian, so I don't think he would go all out in a fight with Howard. Howard seems good nature though. Howard also seems to have a much lower IQ. Probably more emotional, while the Admiral is more clear headed, and that can actually help tremendously in a fight. Some of my best performing fights have been ones where I don't want to embarrass the person, and my defense was just so much better, with a lot of better opportunity to catch them in a submission hold.

I'm assuming the OP was talking about fighting, because to ask who was the better basketball player is just silly.

HomieWeMajor
07-29-2014, 10:07 AM
D-Rob all day
Dwight is just another Kenyon Martin with bigger muscles

SOD 21
07-29-2014, 10:44 AM
David Robinson would easily be the top center in the NBA if he played today and it isn't particularly close when compared to Dwight Howard.

In fact if Dwight Howard played in the 1990s, he would only be about the fifth or sixth best center in the game because he's clearly behind players like Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson and is about even with Alonzo Mourning.

Alonzo Mourning would be a much more fair comparison for Dwight Howard.

JellyBean
07-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Without a doubt, D-Rob! The guy is way underrated as a player. And he was mentally tough.

Harison
07-29-2014, 11:15 AM
David Robinson would easily be the top center in the NBA

I would argue prime Robinson would have an argument for the best player today, 25-30/10/5 + DPOY impact would be hard to overlook.

kshutts1
07-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Definitely Robinson, but I don't think people are giving Howard any credit for his amazing D. It's not just blocking shots, but it's altering them, completely changing how offenses attack the team, etc.

Dwight was, and may still be but I doubt it, one of the best defensive players of all time. His peak years were just ridiculous.

alexd
07-29-2014, 12:11 PM
The man who scored 71 points.
/thread

SOD 21
07-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I would argue prime Robinson would have an argument for the best player today, 25-30/10/5 + DPOY impact would be hard to overlook.

Anthony Davis has real David Robinson type potential.

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2014, 12:18 PM
David Robinson would easily be the top center in the NBA if he played today and it isn't particularly close when compared to Dwight Howard.

I'd go as far as to say he'd likely be considered #2 overall after Lebron.

Nikola_
07-29-2014, 12:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

/thread

best player today

JohnnySic
07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Robinson.

Howard vs Mourning would be a better comparison but Howard still loses.

inclinerator
07-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Dwight Howard is richer

redhonda76
07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Robinson.

Howard vs Mourning would be a better comparison but Howard still loses.

I agree. Mourning vs Howard is a much better comparison and I would still choose Mourning over Howard. Howard relies on so much of his athleticism and he has yet to develop a decent offensive game. At least for Mourning, after the kidney issue, he was still an effective player later in his career with limited minutes.

SHAQisGOAT
07-29-2014, 01:43 PM
:coleman:

D-Rob was overall more athletic and easily more skilled... Better scorer, better passer, better shooter, smarter player with higher IQ, I'd even take him just for defense... I'd only give the edge as far as rebounding to Dwight and even so, David faced better opponents on average.

I cringed at all of those times Robinson played well below his standards (choked) in the post-season but this shouldn't even be a question, man :facepalm

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2014, 03:44 PM
:coleman:

D-Rob was overall more athletic and easily more skilled... Better scorer, better passer, better shooter, smarter player with higher IQ, I'd even take him just for defense... I'd only give the edge as far as rebounding to Dwight and even so, David faced better opponents on average.

I'm not even sure if I would give an edge, if any, to Howard rebounding-wise:

- The admiral had greater offensive output, expending more energy in the process. If he concentrated more on rebounding without having to score 25-30 a game, his rebounding numbers would likely be higher than then they are.

- Better overall competition, which you stated above. There were some great rebounders in his era, Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, Mutombo, Barkley, Malone, Oakley...just an entirely different class of bigman than anything Howard had dealt with the past 5 years

- Perhaps most importantly, the bulk of his years he either had Terry Cummings, Dennis Rodman, or Tim Duncan alongside him, all of them much better rebounders( in Rodman's case, dramatically better) than the power forwards Howard has played with.

sportjames23
07-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Howard's best season doesn't measure up to the Admiral's average regular season during his prime. Hell, rookie Shaq was more dominant than 2011 Howard.

This. I'd take the Admiral over Dwight without a second thought.

moe94
07-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Robinson was clearly better.

HurricaneKid
07-29-2014, 05:37 PM

This is SPOT ON.

Look at his advanced stats, his RAPM, etc and Robinson was the class of his age. But he lost in a lot of big spots.

I'm usually the last guy in Howard's corner but he is no Robinson. Not even close.