PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Season Predictions

lakerfreak
07-29-2014, 11:46 AM
As the roster is coming to completion, lets start entertaining some ideas. Post whatever prediction you may have, from next season's record, to who will be our best player.

Lets talk first about Kobe. What can you expect from him next year? Anything goes.

bladefd
07-29-2014, 06:23 PM
My prediction is 40 wins. Middle of the road meaning crappy draft pick and no playoffs :(

Kobe and Young will both be in chuck-mode. I expect Kobe to average 25 shots per game, Young at 15 shots a game. :lol

nbastatus
08-04-2014, 10:07 PM
I think the Lakers are good enough to win at least 40 games. I don't see them winning anymore than that since the West are just too good.

Kobe will average around 20-25. He has the green lights to shoot the ball, but I do believe he will have a slow start. Anyways, I just want to see Kobe play again. He's getting old, and we will not get the chance to see him play at this level again.

lakerfreak
08-05-2014, 11:38 AM
My prediction is 40 wins. Middle of the road meaning crappy draft pick and no playoffs :(

Kobe and Young will both be in chuck-mode. I expect Kobe to average 25 shots per game, Young at 15 shots a game. :lol

Interesting.

How do you think Lin fits in with them?

bladefd
08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Interesting.

How do you think Lin fits in with them?

Lin will probably also be chucking at times when Kobe is resting. I expect him to average 10 shots a game. He will average 6 assists a game approximately with 13 points per game. Not bad, not good. Maybe he is our next Derek Fisher on offense?

(Shhh, keep that last part from DKLaker :roll: )

alexthegod
08-05-2014, 08:49 PM
As the roster is coming to completion, lets start entertaining some ideas. Post whatever prediction you may have, from next season's record, to who will be our best player.

Lets talk first about Kobe. What can you expect from him next year? Anything goes.
Wow, this is one of the toughest Lakers seasons to predict. There are just so many ifs. Can Kobe regain his prior form after missing nearly an entire year? Can Nash stay healthy enough to start or contribute? Who starts at PG? Who starts at SF? Who starts at PF? Who starts at C?

About the only think I know for sure about the Lakers is that Kobe will start at shooting guard.

Having said that here goes!

1. Kobe averages less than 24 points a game for the first since 1999-2000.
2. Lin will eventually become the starting point guard early in the season as Nash wont be able to stay healthy.
3. Nash will limited to less than 30 games
4. Jordan Hill begins the season as starting center
5. Wesley Johnson begins the season as starting small forward, but wont get more than 40 starts
6. Carlos Boozer starts at power forward and remains so for the whole season. He has a bounce back year averaging 15+ points and 9 boards. He'll shoot over .480 from the floor
7. Randle will at worst be a high motor guy who cleans the glass while he finds his offensive game. He'll earn minutes but he wont get by Boozer in the starting lineup.
8. Jordan Clarkson will stick on the roster, He'll get minutes not because he earns them, but because Nash can't stay healthy.
9. Ed Davis earns the bulk of the back up minutes at center. He'll get 20+ min a game.
10. One of the training camp invitees makes the team.
11. The Lakers win less than 37 games.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Kobe's going to shoot a lot
The team's going to lose a lot

Mgamer20o0
08-06-2014, 05:09 AM

i hope they win more games then expected so the suns get the worst possible pick from us lol

lakerfreak
08-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Barring a Kobe injury, I believe he will average between 20 - 24 points per game because it is in his nature to do so. I believe he will be healthier than ever, and he will look to contribute in other areas such as rebounding, defense, and look to get the other younger guys more involved.

I believe he will make an all-star appearance which he will likely accept to play in, and I believe he will make around All-NBA second team because of the team's record, which will likely not exceed 40 wins.

If the lakers find that they have no hope for playoff contention, they will likely tank near the end in hopes of retaining their pick initially traded to Phoenix.

I also believe the lakers will show case Randle plenty in hopes of him either becoming a corner piece eventually, but we all know he will be involved in many trade rumors for top players. It was never in the lakers nature to take a few years to develop players. They still do intend to try and win championships through "quick fixes" by acquiring a star.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-06-2014, 11:19 PM
It was never in the lakers nature to take a few years to develop players. They still do intend to try and win championships through "quick fixes" by acquiring a star.

The difference is that during those earlier years, they had a top 10 all-time player heading into his prime after Shaq left, so rebuilding was easy. They don't have that anymore. They have no franchise building block, and the whole "playing for the Lakers" thing doesn't mean shit to stars, who are going to get cashed out no matter where they play.

The Lakers are f*cked for the next few years unless they can convince Durant to come there.

lakerfreak
08-07-2014, 12:38 PM
The difference is that during those earlier years, they had a top 10 all-time player heading into his prime after Shaq left, so rebuilding was easy. They don't have that anymore. They have no franchise building block, and the whole "playing for the Lakers" thing doesn't mean shit to stars, who are going to get cashed out no matter where they play.

The Lakers are f*cked for the next few years unless they can convince Durant to come there.

I'm not worried about the near future. This season might be a playoff miss, but as soon as Kobe comes off the books, we will have plenty of cap space.

At that point, imagine the combination of big name free agents that text each other about "why don't we team up in LA?" It's gonna happen.

magictricked
08-07-2014, 07:25 PM
If they all stay healthy and Randle lives up to expectations 45 wins or about

lakerfreak
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
If they all stay healthy and Randle lives up to expectations 45 wins or about

and what would those expectations be in your opinion?

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm not worried about the near future. This season might be a playoff miss, but as soon as Kobe comes off the books, we will have plenty of cap space.

At that point, imagine the combination of big name free agents that text each other about "why don't we team up in LA?" It's gonna happen.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't think that "being the Lakers" will draw any superstars. I don't think Superstar A will take the risk of Superstars B and C not signing with a team and end up in the same position they left their former team in. I think that's especially true with Jim Buss running things. In order to attract superstars, you need to have superstars on your team already.

tamaraw08
08-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Wow, this is one of the toughest Lakers seasons to predict. There are just so many ifs. Can Kobe regain his prior form after missing nearly an entire year? Can Nash stay healthy enough to start or contribute? Who starts at PG? Who starts at SF? Who starts at PF? Who starts at C?

About the only think I know for sure about the Lakers is that Kobe will start at shooting guard.

Having said that here goes!

1. Kobe averages less than 24 points a game for the first since 1999-2000.
2. Lin will eventually become the starting point guard early in the season as Nash wont be able to stay healthy.
3. Nash will limited to less than 30 games
4. Jordan Hill begins the season as starting center
5. Wesley Johnson begins the season as starting small forward, but wont get more than 40 starts
6. Carlos Boozer starts at power forward and remains so for the whole season. He has a bounce back year averaging 15+ points and 9 boards. He'll shoot over .480 from the floor
7. Randle will at worst be a high motor guy who cleans the glass while he finds his offensive game. He'll earn minutes but he wont get by Boozer in the starting lineup.
8. Jordan Clarkson will stick on the roster, He'll get minutes not because he earns them, but because Nash can't stay healthy.
9. Ed Davis earns the bulk of the back up minutes at center. He'll get 20+ min a game.
10. One of the training camp invitees makes the team.
11. The Lakers win less than 37 games.
I think most of your predictions will happen.:rockon:
I was at first iffy about Booze but he's playing with a chip on his shoulder plus it's his contract year.
But Im intrigue about why you think Wesley Johnson will only start for 40 games, why? I felt he's a perfect fit for Kobe. Doing the dirty work without dominating the ball...
Frankly I don't expect them to win a lot of games but I was hoping that they compete hard, win several upsets, beat bad teams etc.

lakerfreak
08-09-2014, 09:25 PM
What do people think of Boozer's upcoming season? Will he be helpful? Discuss in detail your predictions.

CarlosBoozer
08-10-2014, 05:56 AM
Depends on the coaching, if Booze gets his touches he'll definitely average at least 19/20 points a game with 8/10 rebounds. All we can hope is he improves his defense.

lakerfreak
08-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Depends on the coaching, if Booze gets his touches he'll definitely average at least 19/20 points a game with 8/10 rebounds. All we can hope is he improves his defense.

I feel like with the current roster, he might be relied on to shoot about 15-20 shots a game. I hope he's up for the challenge. This team will need scorers.

Lakers have been rumored to possibly add Beasley too. That would be a nice offensive addition. This team will probably have no problem with scoring. Defense will be something to work on though. I wonder how Byron will preach in that area.

I too think Boozer will probably average around 18 points per game, and will probably average less rebounds while he lets J-Hill do all the work there lol.

bladefd
08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Can Jordan Hill stay healthy though? He seems to have durability issues..

If he gets injured or something, Boozer will have to take over primary rebounding duties. Unfortunately, Boozer cannot play C like Gasol could so that that will be an issue to deal with.

I don't believe Sacre will ever be somebody that can start at C on a decent team.. He is a quality backup that can give you decent 15 mins a game or 20 max.

lakerfreak
08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Can Jordan Hill stay healthy though? He seems to have durability issues..

If he gets injured or something, Boozer will have to take over primary rebounding duties. Unfortunately, Boozer cannot play C like Gasol could so that that will be an issue to deal with.

I don't believe Sacre will ever be somebody that can start at C on a decent team.. He is a quality backup that can give you decent 15 mins a game or 20 max.

I don't distinctly remember Jordan hill as someone who has durability issues. Of course, anyone who plays down low in a very physical NBA, would probably be susceptible to injuries more than those who prefer to shoot threes.

Thankfully we have Ed Davis and Julius Randle. This team is definitely loaded with young bigs.

bladefd
08-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Oh I forgot about Ed Davis. I don't really know the guy, and I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he a good center? Seems like he always played limited minutes :confusedshrug:

lakerfreak
08-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh I forgot about Ed Davis. I don't really know the guy, and I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he a good center? Seems like he always played limited minutes :confusedshrug:

It seems to me he just got unlucky wherever he went because other bigs were already polished and more "ready".

The main forum says the lakers got him at a great deal and there is some sort of possibility that he can actually break out. Not sure how that can happen seeing that there are too many bigs already on this team. But he won't be an "end of the bench" guy from what it sounds like.

tamaraw08
08-11-2014, 12:55 AM
I don't distinctly remember Jordan hill as someone who has durability issues. Of course, anyone who plays down low in a very physical NBA, would probably be susceptible to injuries more than those who prefer to shoot threes.

Thankfully we have Ed Davis and Julius Randle. This team is definitely loaded with young bigs.

I remember whining about Hill's lack of playing time under MDA, but GTS did a little research and concluded that Hill usually gets injured after playing long minutes for like 12 straight games or so....

tamaraw08
08-11-2014, 12:59 AM

I thought I was the only one who didn't know much about Davis, cuz several posters here were ecstasic of him coming over. So I youtubed him, got hops but also have inconsistent playing time which lead me to think that he might have some issues with "mental weaknesses" or lack of discipline etc.

tamaraw08
08-11-2014, 01:02 AM
What do people think of Boozer's upcoming season? Will he be helpful? Discuss in detail your predictions.

Booze seemed to thrive with really good PGs like Rose, Derron Williams, using pick and rolls or pops. Im not sure Lin has mastered that scheme but Im hoping Nash can tutor Jeremy on how to execute it properly.

Lakers91
08-11-2014, 04:09 AM

He's good if you want him to be a typical center he's decent at most aspects but master of none in a way, he can block shots, he can rebound, he can score in the paint outside not really, he's just inconsistent with how he plays is the problem. I'm pretty happy with getting him, although he's not the biggest center I've always thought he was a power forward but he's kind of now by default listed at center/size of a PF but plays like a C, he hasn't had the most luck in terms of minutes and the like, he's never really played starting minutes most he's played is probably 23-24 minutes a game, Memphis was a situation where he was only ever going to be a backup. He lacks polish/versatility has been why he hasn't played enough, he's probably the Lakers best option by default almost as a rim protector, kind of out of him and Hill both are kind of similar in some ways but yeah I'd think Ed is the best rim protector on the team, I think it's a good pickup, he just hasn't made the development or progress he should have but his potential is still appealing. He isn't the scoring type really and he can make you question some of the things on the court but if he puts it all together he can be a very good player it's just he never has for one reason or another. He's rather similar to Hill, Davis is the better rim protector Hill is the better rebounder, both inconsistent/questionable on offense.

Lakers91
08-11-2014, 04:19 AM
I thought I was the only one who didn't know much about Davis, cuz several posters here were ecstasic of him coming over. So I youtubed him, got hops but also have inconsistent playing time which lead me to think that he might have some issues with "mental weaknesses" or lack of discipline etc.

I didn't post here but I was quite happy, it's a combination of inconsistency and bad situations, he'll probably never be a star or anything like that but he can be a good contributor, he was underrated in Toronto/didn't get as much as he could have started a lot of games one season then kind of dwindled/as soon as they drafted Valanciunas in 2012 he was very expendable then Memphis played him even less (wasn't going to get as many minutes there unfortunately). Overall he hasn't helped himself by being offensively limited (he can be good close to the rim but inconsistent overall) but the situations were never great either, either bad teams or too much competition for spots.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-11-2014, 07:11 PM
16/10 for Boozer with awful defense and lots of yelling

Lakers91
08-12-2014, 12:46 AM
16/10 for Boozer with awful defense and lots of yelling

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/12991711/boozerr1.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg