PDA

View Full Version : When Kobe and Lin thrive in LA, will you all realize how bad James Harden is?

Kidbasketball20
07-29-2014, 05:54 PM
So called "ballhog" Kobe and Lin are going to work because Kobe will actually play the SG position and trust Lin's playmaking abilities.

Harden wants to be the PG and SG on a team offensively, hence why P-Bev averages like 3 assists a game.

Harden is a no show defensively, terrible intangibles, and a lazy work ethic. At best he is in fact a role player, and would be best suited to being a 6th man.

Instead he's a slightly better version of JR Smith, except he's allowed to take 75% of the shots each game.

riseagainst
07-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Will Kobe turn Jeremy Lin into an all-star?

UK2K
07-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Harden has infested the mind of a lot of posters on ISH.

fpliii
07-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Not looking forward to Lin and his fans. :facepalm As if this season isn't dismal enough with Boozer.

Milbuck
07-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, like we need Rush Hour 4: LA to realize how ****ing hard James Harden sucks :oldlol:

riseagainst
07-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah, like we need Rush Hour 4: LA to realize how ****ing hard James Harden sucks :oldlol:

omfg Harden just wants some mu shu.

:roll:
:roll:

Rocketswin2013
07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Not looking forward to Lin and his fans. :facepalm As if this season isn't dismal enough with Boozer.
Feel bad for you guys. Lin can't bring much to a team if he's not the focal point . If Kobe comes back to form or is the #1, get ready for Lin fans to get 10x worse.

Cocaine80s
07-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Op didn't watch the Lakers when Nash and Kobe were both healthy....

Kobe still dominated the ball

flipogb
07-29-2014, 06:15 PM

nah, he just blinked and missed it

Levity
07-29-2014, 06:20 PM

Kobe did definitely dominate the ball, as evident by those eye opening assist numbers. but to be fair, when the two first paired up, kobe did give nash reins to run the offense. but by the 2nd game of the season, nash was out for a couple months. upon his return, he wasnt even able to get past his man, even when using a screen. and he never really recovered after that, but became useful when the team mitigated his role to a steve kerr/fisher player

point being, i think kobe will allow lin to play his game. but maybe closer to a 50/50 split.

JT123
07-29-2014, 06:23 PM

Yup. Such a shame that Kobe reduced one of the greatest point guards of all time into a mere spot up shooter. :(

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-29-2014, 06:28 PM
The fit between Lin and LA is a good one. The Lakers, in all likelihood, will not compete for a chip. They're looking to create an exciting product, and Lin has been must-see-TV before, and can be again with Bean.

In terms of his playing time, even if Nash starts, I think Lin sees the majority of the time. At this point, limiting Nash's minutes will make him more effective, and he should be on dat Pop plan.

Smoke117
07-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Uh...it was more Kevin Mchale who didn't allow Lin to thrive than James Harden. It's hard to thrive as a PG when your coach has no confidence in your abilities and won't give you the key to the ignition.

wakencdukest
07-29-2014, 08:47 PM

Nash hasn't been healthy in years.

wakencdukest
07-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Not that it matters, Kobe will still want the ball.

I<3NBA
07-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Kobe, thrive? :lol

the man's a cripple

GimmeThat
07-30-2014, 01:02 AM
well, Byron Scott is known as a PG coach right?

so no reason Lin won't be thriving

Nick Young
07-30-2014, 04:19 AM

Nash wasn't even able to bring the ball up the court without getting stripped, thats why Kobe "dominated the ball"

L.A. Jazz
07-30-2014, 04:33 AM
Houston was right to play Beverly over Lin last year. Not because Beverly was better but you have to play a defensive minded player next to Harden. He just doesnt care. Sharing the ball is another part which i think could be solved. But how can Lin do the PG work knowing his backcourt partner wont even try to defend? So you need a guy like Beverly.

Kvnzhangyay
07-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Lin actually might make allstars just because of Formosa+China+ LA

ralph_i_el
07-30-2014, 10:55 AM
God can the season just start already so we can watch the lakers crash and burn?:roll:

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:00 AM
So called "ballhog" Kobe and Lin are going to work because Kobe will actually play the SG position and trust Lin's playmaking abilities.

Harden wants to be the PG and SG on a team offensively, hence why P-Bev averages like 3 assists a game.

Harden is a no show defensively, terrible intangibles, and a lazy work ethic. At best he is in fact a role player, and would be best suited to being a 6th man.

Instead he's a slightly better version of JR Smith, except he's allowed to take 75% of the shots each game.

Very good points.

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Will Kobe turn Jeremy Lin into an all-star?

I believe so, yes.

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Harden has infested the mind of a lot of posters on ISH.

This is true, not sure why though...:confusedshrug:

Beastmode88
07-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Lol the fact that people think lin is gonna go on another linsanity run. And the fact that he's gonna be playing with Chuckbe? His stats are gonna go down dramatically. :roll:

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:02 AM

Lin and his fans are fine, so is Carlos Boozer. Two good players.

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:04 AM

This is not true. Kobe allowed Nash to run the offense before he got hurt. Lin should be able to stay healthy, and will be able to dominate the ball.

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Yup. Such a shame that Kobe reduced one of the greatest point guards of all time into a mere spot up shooter. :(

Age and injury did that, not Kobe.

Hoopz2332
07-30-2014, 11:05 AM

:oldlol:

hawke812
07-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Lin actually might make allstars just because of Formosa+China+ LA

Lin will earn his allstar spot this year.

Beastmode88
07-30-2014, 11:10 AM

that's a joke and a half.

FLDFSU
07-30-2014, 11:28 AM
I thought Lin was supposed to be a superstar in Houston? What happened?

When he gets benched again are we going to say that LAL is misusing him too?

KungFuJoe
07-30-2014, 02:39 PM

Lin is my favorite player but there's no way he legitimately makes the All Star team with all the star PGs in the league.

I still think it's a testament to his skill and ability that he's actually IN the league and making some noise and it's the most stacked the PG position has been in history.

But, I can easily name 10 pgs that are better than him right now.

IGOTGAME
07-30-2014, 02:42 PM
The fit between Lin and LA is a good one. The Lakers, in all likelihood, will not compete for a chip. They're looking to create an exciting product, and Lin has been must-see-TV before, and can be again with Bean.

In terms of his playing time, even if Nash starts, I think Lin sees the majority of the time. At this point, limiting Nash's minutes will make him more effective, and he should be on dat Pop plan.

I'd rather Nash just not play at all. He is a waste of a roster spot.

Kidbasketball20
07-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Feel bad for you guys. Lin can't bring much to a team if he's not the focal point . If Kobe comes back to form or is the #1, get ready for Lin fans to get 10x worse.

You're ****ing stupid. All Lin has to do is be the primary ball handler on a team for it to thrive. He can be a #3 scorer on a team and still consistently make the team better. Just because James Harden refused to allow Lin to shine doesn't mean it's not possible. :facepalm