PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Durant ever have a performance like this?

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eEXIn8vpZ7o/T9IoIPT6API/AAAAAAAARCw/Mgo3Jx7Wkkk/s1600/kjqsdup-tw1.png

:bowdown:

NumberSix
07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Yes. On a Thursday in mid January.

russwest0
07-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Lol didn't he drop like 40/16 vs the Clippers in a closeout game?

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Yeah on 50 percent shooting and they still only won by 5 points. Lebron's performance was complete dominance, because they blew out the Celtics.

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah on 50 percent shooting and they still only won by 5 points. Lebron's performance was complete dominance, because they blew out the Celtics.

By this logic Jordan's 63 point game was less dominant too

Beastmode88
07-29-2014, 08:00 PM

How come he couldn't do it to the spurs?

played0ut
07-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Lebron on 'the look'.

[quote]
Do you think you'll change people's minds about that?
I hope. I hope. I hope people will see that there are different ways of winning. And I win by

russwest0
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah lol I recall KD scoring 16 straight points vs the Spurs in the 2012 playoffs in the 4th quarter.

Shit was epic.

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
By this logic Jordan's 63 point game was less dominant too
It was though because they lost the game:roll:

Hoopz2332
07-29-2014, 08:10 PM

that game was nowhere as good as LBJ's. LBJ was in god mode:eek: :bowdown: he even took his foot off the pedle after then went up by 14+ or could have easily had like 50+

red1
07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
:oldlol:

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Lebron on 'the look'.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9824909/lebron-james-michael-jordan-fear-failure-35-point-games-more-espn-magazine

Its a pretty good interview.
That is a good interview. Loved this part:

MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.

KG215
07-29-2014, 08:26 PM
And the 2014 Clippers > 2012 Celtics. LeBron's performance was better and came against a better defensive team, but just because Durant's game against the Clippers didn't come in a blowout doesn't have as much to do with the defense as it does the quality of team.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
he put up 45/15/5 but if you watched the game he was better than the stats indicate....everytime the team needed a basket he scored...everytime it looked like boston was getting close...

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2014, 08:31 PM
he put up 45/15/5 but if you watched the game he was better than the stats indicate....everytime the team needed a basket he scored...everytime it looked like boston was getting close...

I agree, even his masterful stat line doesn't tell the true story of how dominant LeBron was in that game

russwest0
07-29-2014, 08:32 PM
That is a good interview. Loved this part:

My problem is how much he plays the victim mentality in regards to manners like that.

"MJ blocked Barkley and laughed about it afterwards."
"If I block someone on the floor and laugh about it, I'm going to get KILLED"

"Killed" by who? This is the problem with LeBron. He is acting as if him blocking another player on the floor and then laughing about it would be some huge ass deal to everyone and that he deserves pity everytime he gets criticized for something as if it only happens to him.

MJ was criticized for a bunch of irrational shit as well, he just wasn't caught up in an egocentric mentality to where he placed himself above everyone else and took offense to criticism as if he was the only one that it was happening to.

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
And the 2014 Clippers > 2012 Celtics. LeBron's performance was better and came against a better defensive team, but just because Durant's game against the Clippers didn't come in a blowout doesn't have as much to do with the defense as it does the quality of team.

Also the fact that Lebron's game was more important since they were on the brink of elimination, he crushed every single Celtic run, none of the shots he was making were guardable, and it's a once in a lifetime performance. Wade was also subpar in that game, Bosh only played about 15 or so minutes and was barely a factor.

The fact is Lebron's game 6 is more memorable and it's for good reason. It's one of the greatest playoff performances ever.

lilteapot
07-29-2014, 08:35 PM
MJ was criticized for a bunch of irrational shit as well, he just wasn't caught up in an egocentric mentality to where he placed himself above everyone else and took offense to criticism as if he was the only one that it was happening to.

lmfao this chump is trying to pretend Jordan isn't exactly this type of person :roll:

Hoopz2332
07-29-2014, 08:35 PM

LBJ could have had 55-65 if he didn't take his foot off the gas in the 4th once they got the big lead. He had 41 pts after 3qtrs and only scored 4 in the 4th since that's all they needed after he got them the big lead.

russwest0
07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
lmfao this chump is trying to pretend Jordan isn't exactly this type of person :roll:

Find me clips or quotes MJ whining about criticism as if he's the lone victim of it and then I'll get on board with you, sure.

Lebronxrings
07-29-2014, 08:47 PM
i don't think anyone will ever have a performance like that, much less dubeta aka Chokeant aka NoringD.

tmacattack33
07-29-2014, 09:31 PM
That will go down as one of the best playoff performances of all-time.

Many great players have not and will not have a playoff performance like that ever. So saying that Durant has not is no big deal.

edrick
07-29-2014, 09:36 PM
My problem is how much he plays the victim mentality in regards to manners like that.

"Killed" by who? This is the problem with LeBron. He is acting as if him blocking another player on the floor and then laughing about it would be some huge ass deal to everyone and that he deserves pity everytime he gets criticized for something as if it only happens to him.

He wouldn't get killed for it?

He got killed for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc

JT123
07-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Find me clips or quotes MJ whining about criticism as if he's the lone victim of it and then I'll get on board with you, sure.
Well he cried like a baby after Jeff Van Gundy called him a con artist, so there is that.

JT123
07-29-2014, 09:52 PM
:facepalm This is how we know you didn't actually follow basketball when MJ played. After Jordan won his first ring it was a universally accepted unwritten rule that no one was allowed to utter a single negative word about MJ. Look what happened to Van Gundy after he called Jordan a con artist. The media crucified his ass for weeks! :lol
To quote Andrea Kramer "You couldn't win any points in the media if you said or wrote anything bad about Michael. No one wanted to hear that stuff."
You make it too easy russ. Learn your history before making outlandish statements.

raprap
07-29-2014, 09:58 PM

Lets act like idiots like you and skip wont criticize him for being too friendly and with no sense of competitiveness.

GODbe
07-29-2014, 10:09 PM
:sleeping People only make a big deal about that game cus everyone thought LeBald was gonna choke but for the first and last time ever, he came through when his team needed him. If that was KD nobody would be calling this sht "one of greatest playoff games ever". He does this all the time, just not in a weak conference.

JohnFreeman
07-29-2014, 10:11 PM
lol

jimmy77x
07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Bran Stans still clinging to this one game their hero wasnt a beta choking bitch :lol

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Bran Stans still clinging to this one game their hero wasnt a beta choking bitch :lol

2 Finals MVP's

pastis
07-30-2014, 02:01 AM
durant plays in the west. he cant rest whole seasons like lequit and the east-clowns.

durant > lebron

J Shuttlesworth
07-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Also loved LeBron's performance against the Pistons w/ 25 straight points. So epic

KBaller33
07-30-2014, 02:23 AM
His best game ever. He took the Celtics out by himself. My favorite part was in the 3rd quarter when the Celtics were making a little run and the crowd was gaining their energy and excitement back and then LeBron shuts everything down with a three. Amazing performance

SouBeachTalents
07-30-2014, 02:26 AM
durant plays in the west. he cant rest whole seasons like lequit and the east-clowns.

durant > lebron

What happened when they met in the Finals?

JUDGE WITNESS
07-30-2014, 02:29 AM
:lol