PDA

View Full Version : Who led the playoffs in PER this year? And Winshares?

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Serious answers only please.

Cocaine80s
07-30-2014, 07:05 AM
derrick rose

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:06 AM
what is PER and how can I score it while watching games?

thanks in advance :cheers:

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:08 AM
what is PER and how can I score it while watching games?
It's an advanced statistical metric which is the modern standard for measuring players. You need a high degree of education of advanced mathematics to be able to calculate the metric! Leave it to the pros junior.

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:10 AM
It's an advanced statistical metric which is the modern standard for measuring players. You need a high degree of education of advanced mathematics to be able to calculate the metric! Leave it to the pros junior.

oh, in that case I'll just stick to stats that I can measure from watching the games and scoring them myself :rockon:

Cocaine80s
07-30-2014, 07:11 AM
dude you should just put russwest on ignore. hes a freaking psychopath man. i shoulda saved that thread he made about killing women because he cant get any ***** :facepalm

ImKobe
07-30-2014, 07:11 AM

That PER sure didn't show in the Finals, it barely won them ONE game thanks to the opposing team missing their free throws.

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:12 AM
oh, in that case I'll just stick to stats that I can measure from watching the games and scoring them myself :rockon:
You can, but you will not get the best possible measurement of a players performance! You can check out Player efficiency ratings at ESPN's website!

Don't settle for mediocrity! I used to... But that's when I was a Kobe fan!

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:12 AM
That PER sure didn't show in the Finals, it barely won them ONE game thanks to the opposing team missing their free throws.

:biggums: :wtf:

who led in PER? and he said that it's a tough thing to calculate and stuff, maybe you are just calculating it wrong?

ImKobe
07-30-2014, 07:15 AM

who led in PER? and he said that it's a tough thing to calculate and stuff, maybe you are just calculating it wrong?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/seasontype/3

Dejuan Blair was 2nd, I guess he was the 2nd best player in the Playoffs, since PER is the best statistic, according to Lebron fans.

If you don't just look at qualified and you look at all players, Dennis Schroeder and Jorge Gutierrez had a higher PER than James.

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:16 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/seasontype/3

Dejuan Blair was 2nd, I guess he was the 2nd best player in the Playoffs, since PER is the best statistic, according to Lebron fans.

So DeJuan Blair was the 2nd best player in the playoffs?

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Brandan Wright was better than Tim Duncan? Kosta Koufos was better than Kawhi Leonard?

:biggums: :wtf: The fukk kind of troll shit is this?

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:18 AM
wow!

Lebron is #1 and it's not even close!:eek:

ImKobe
07-30-2014, 07:19 AM
wow!

Lebron is #1 and it's not even close!:eek:

Jorge and Dennis have something to say about that. :lol

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Check the VA (value added) column!

Lebron by a country mile!

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:25 AM
So basically since LeBron fails to deliver in all basic stats that we fans can score at home from watching the games ourselves, ESPN makes up statistics to make him look good?

:confusedshrug:

Now surely he led the NBA in this "LeBron statistic" during the regular season out in the weak East, right....?

russwest0
07-30-2014, 07:35 AM
What the hell? LeBron didn't even lead the NBA in PER this season while playing in the weak East?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im Still Ballin
07-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Mods. can we close this ASAP.

Thanks.