07-30-2014, 04:01 PM
rose
wall
curry
lillard
irving

take 3 leave 2 behind

What are we choosing them for?

Wall and Curry are clearly the two best there. Then I'd go with Irving. But I'd prefer Parker, Paul, Conley, Lawson over either Irving or Lillard.

Jlamb47
07-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Wow im shocked to see Lillard being chose over Wall and Irving after 2 years of NBA but i agree after watchign this years playoffs.

Milbuck
07-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Leave off Wall and Irving. Really tough choice, I'm a Wall fan. It's close between him and Lillard but I think Lillard's shooting is a bit more valuable than Wall's defense for international ball.

Jlamb47
07-30-2014, 04:03 PM
What are we choosing them for?

Wall and Curry are clearly the two best there. Then I'd go with Irving. But I'd prefer Parker, Paul, Conley, Lawson over either Irving or Lillard.

these are the 5 PG fighting for a position for the USA team

kshutts1
07-30-2014, 04:08 PM
these are the 5 PG fighting for a position for the USA team
Oh. Then definitely Wall (defense, pass-first) and Curry (best shooter in the world). And definitely NOT Rose (if a PG is not pass-first, he better be a legit 3p threat).

Mass Debator
07-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Rose for sure

fpliii
07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Curry's necessary because of the shooting, so he's obviously in...the other 4 are tough.

From watching the special yesterday, Coach K said that he wants his guys to adjust to the international play style, not the other way around.

Rose - looks like his athleticism is back
Wall - great on defense, super fast
Curry - in for shooting, can play the two
Lillard - also a terrific shooter
Irving - great handles, clutch, great shooter

In terms of international play, I'd go with Curry, Lillard, Irving. I do feel like one of them will miss the roster for Rose (who is a gamechanger if he's healthy).

Jlamb47
07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Oh. Then definitely Wall (defense, pass-first) and Curry (best shooter in the world). And definitely NOT Rose (if a PG is not pass-first, he better be a legit 3p threat).

Lol id take
Wall for defense and passing
Curry to play off ball at the 2- spot up shooter
out of Rose,Irving and Lillard id go with Lillard even tho i know Rose will be chosen

Jlamb47
07-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Curry's necessary because of the shooting, so he's obviously in...the other 4 are tough.

From watching the special yesterday, Coach K said that he wants his guys to adjust to the international play style, not the other way around.

Rose - looks like his athleticism is back
Wall - great on defense, super fast
Curry - in for shooting, can play the two
Lillard - also a terrific shooter
Irving - great handles, clutch, great shooter

In terms of international play, I'd go with Curry, Lillard, Irving. I do feel like one of them will miss the roster for Rose (who is a gamechanger if he's healthy).

I bet Coach K is stressin so hard on this decision, cuz he knows he cant go wrong if he leaves someone off and he knows there all capable of doing well at it

fpliii
07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
I bet Coach K is stressin so hard on this decision, cuz he knows he cant go wrong if he leaves someone off and he knows there all capable of doing well at it
So he's been the coach for 2 World Championships (now World Cup), and 2 Olympics. Here are his rosters:

06 (4G/6F/2C)

G
Johnson
Hinrich
Wade
Paul

F
James
Jamison
Battier
Bosh
Brand
Anthony

C
Howard
Miller

08 (6G/5F/1C)

G
Kidd
Williams
Redd
Wade
Bryant
Paul

F
Boozer
James
Bosh
Prince
Anthony

C
Howard

10 (5G/6F/1C)

G
Billups
Rose
Westbrook
Curry
Gordon

F
Durant
Gay
Iguodala
Granger
Love
Odom

C
Chandler

12 (5G/6F/1C)

G
Westbrook
Williams
Bryant
Harden
Paul

F
Durant
James
Iguodala
Love
Davis
Anthony

C
Chandler

Here are the players in the pool this year:

G
Beal
DeMar
Harden
Kyrie
DRose
Thompson
Wall
Lillard

F
Davis
KD
Faried
PG
Hayward
Korver
Parsons
Millsap

C
Cousins
Drummond

You'd think he's gonna go small since a lot of the bigs are out, so probably 6G/5F/1C (though Davis might play the 5).

Gun to my head, I'd go:

G - Harden, Kyrie, Rose, Thompson, Lillard
F - Durant, Davis, George, Korver, Millsap

I don't know who the last G/F should be. You need one of the centers for Spain.

Timmy D for MVP
07-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Rose
Curry
Lillard.

But lets assume Rose is just there to get good workouts:

Curry
Lillard
Wall

I am a little worried about the defensive aspect of our back court this go round but I assume the idea is that the 2 and 3 spot will feature defenders and Coach K can "hide" the 1. But with shooters we'll be good to go. And if Rose goes he can be our muscle PG.

Im so nba'd out
07-30-2014, 06:22 PM
rose
curry
irving

NattyPButter
07-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Don't know why ppl keep lilard on list he freaking hasn't shot over 42%... and 5.6 assist for the season really? Sounds like a chucker to me. Oh let's not forget his horrible D. Dude was turning that ball over to much in the USA scrimmage yesterday.

SyRyanYang
07-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Curry, Lillard, Wall
Easiest decision ever

Rose was thoroughly outplayed by Eric Gordon in 2010
shooting, passing and D >>>> slashing in international basketball

TheReal Kendall
07-30-2014, 06:31 PM
I would take Rose and Irving off. Rose cause he hasn't played in like a year or 2 and Irving cause he doesn't play D and he's too ball dominant

Timmy D for MVP
07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Don't know why ppl keep lilard on list he freaking hasn't shot over 42%... and 5.6 assist for the season really? Sounds like a chucker to me. Oh let's not forget his horrible D. Dude was turning that ball over to much in the USA scrimmage yesterday.

Who are you taking over him?