PDA

View Full Version : Windhorst: "99% chance Love goes to Cavs...Ball is on the 1 yard line"

Kidbasketball20
07-30-2014, 06:58 PM
MT: @WindhorstESPN just told us "it's 99% & the ball is on the 1 yard line." On a Kevin Love deal to Cleveland. @ESPN1100

Hey Yo
07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Windhorst would have tweeted that himself if true.

Shade8780
07-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Fake tweet.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 07:12 PM
It's already done. They're waiting out the 30 days. It has been obvious for some time.

Springsteen
07-30-2014, 07:13 PM
windhorst <3 lebron

Derka
07-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Should have posted "99% chance I order extra bacon on my Meat Lover's Pizza"

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 07:55 PM
It's already done. They're waiting out the 30 days. It has been obvious for some time.

Do you know the deal?

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Do you know the deal?
I don't know the exact terms, but it sounds likely Wiggins is involved. The same source who told me LeBron was 100-percent coming back 10 days before the announcement has been saying the Love trade is done for the better part of three weeks. He just isn't sure which parts are moving and how many players/teams are involved.

The difference between the reports and the reality, from what I'm hearing is that the Cavs are also either receiving more pieces back than the reports (yes, Dieng is a distinct possibility) or they're working a different trade to strengthen the front court in addition to the Love/Dieng trade.

I don't think it is any coincidence that Love opted out of his Team USA tryouts and now Anthony Bennett isn't doing the Pro Am stuff. The trade is done. They're just waiting for the allotted time to play itself out.

I'd be very surprised if the terms don't leak in the next week or so. Hard to imagine everyone keeping a lid on this thing for much longer.

Kevin Love is essentially a Cavalier, though. I've already accepted that fact. And, both Wiggins and Bennett are likely going to Minnesota or possibly a third team is involved somehow. From the tone of recent reports, it seems highly doubtful Dion Waiters is going anywhere. It sounds like LeBron really likes what he sees with DWait.

What an offseason... holy sh!t.

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Dion Waiters
SF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Anderson Varejao

:eek:

Btw, my stance has changed a bit since it sounds as if Wiggins is gone. I've come to terms with it. Now, I'm hoping we can somehow keep AB around.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't know the exact terms, but it sounds likely Wiggins is involved. The same source who told me LeBron was 100-percent coming back 10 days before the announcement has been saying the Love trade is done for the better part of three weeks. He just isn't sure which parts are moving and how many players/teams are involved.

The difference between the reports and the reality, from what I'm hearing is that the Cavs are also either receiving more pieces back than the reports (yes, Dieng is a distinct possibility) or they're working a different trade to strengthen the front court in addition to the Love/Dieng trade.

I don't think it is any coincidence that Love opted out of his Team USA tryouts and now Anthony Bennett isn't doing the Pro Am stuff. The trade is done. They're just waiting for the allotted time to play itself out.

I'd be very surprised if the terms don't leak in the next week or so. Hard to imagine everyone keeping a lid on this thing for much longer.

Kevin Love is essentially a Cavalier, though. I've already accepted that fact. And, both Wiggins and Bennett are likely going to Minnesota or possibly a third team is involved somehow.

Is Martin involved?

If so, then my;

Love/Dieng/Martin for Wiggins/Bennett/filler deal I've been talking about my be pretty close to accurate.

Maybe the Wolves send Martin/Barea and the Cavs send a first rounder with that to the Sixers and the Wolves get Thad Young...

Wolves get Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young and filler

Cavs get Love/Dieng

Sixers get Martin, Barea's expiring contract, and a first rounder

I think the numbers work on that actually.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Is Martin involved?

If so, then my;

Love/Dieng/Martin for Wiggins/Bennett/filler deal I've been talking about my be pretty close to accurate.

Maybe the Wolves send Martin/Barea and the Cavs send a first rounder with that to the Sixers and the Wolves get Thad Young...

Wolves get Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young and filler

Cavs get Love/Dieng

Sixers get Martin, Barea's expiring contract, and a first rounder

I think the numbers work on that actually.
It's possible. I'm not certain AB is involved. The only two guys it seems are for sure switching up are Love and Wiggins. It wouldn't surprise me if Tristan were moved and AB stayed... or if neither are involved, though we'd have to get more creative with salaries at that point.

If we're getting Dieng back, I might actually say that Tristan has a higher probability of being traded than Bennett, tbh. Just a gut feeling.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
It's possible. I'm not certain AB is involved. The only two guys it seems are for sure switching up are Love and Wiggins. It wouldn't surprise me if Tristan were moved and AB stayed... or if neither are involved, though we'd have to get more creative with salaries at that point.

If we're getting Dieng back, I might actually say that Tristan has a higher probability of being traded than Bennett, tbh. Just a gut feeling.

Well, that would be great because Bennett fits better with your team than Thompson.

The money works. Just imagine this trade with Wiggins instead of Bennett;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kto8vn3

beastee
07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Dion Waiters
SF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Anderson Varejao

With what kind of depth? This team is so weak defensively and who do they have as backup bigs? Tristan Thompson is adequate I guess, but they are gonna have to play big minutes to compete against the top 5 teams in the league. I think they win a championship year 2, not this year.

fragokota
07-30-2014, 08:42 PM

Kevin Love is essentially a Cavalier, though. I've already accepted that fact. And, both Wiggins and Bennett are likely going to Minnesota or possibly a third team is involved somehow. From the tone of recent reports, it seems highly doubtful Dion Waiters is going anywhere. It sounds like LeBron really likes what he sees with DWait.

What an offseason... holy sh!t.

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Dion Waiters
SF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Anderson Varejao

Btw, my stance has changed a bit since it sounds as if Wiggins is gone. I've come to terms with it. Now, I'm hoping we can somehow keep AB around.

I can already see some problems in the rebounding. :lol

Weak ass defensively though.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 08:43 PM
With what kind of depth? This team is so weak defensively and who do they have as backup bigs? Tristan Thompson is adequate I guess, but they are gonna have to play big minutes to compete against the top 5 teams in the league. I think they win a championship year 2, not this year.

If they were to get back Dieng...they'd at least have really nice depth at center in Andy, Dieng, and Haywood.

Probably don't win in year 1 like you say, but after a season together and 2 first rounders and the Haywood contract that allows them to make any trade....year 2 on they would be scary good.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I'd imagine they'd get more than just Love back...Love and Martin at the least...sign someone like stiemsa and:

Irving/Delladova
Waiters/Martin/Miller/Jones
LeBron/Miller/Jones/Martin
Love/Thompson/LeBron
Varejao/Thompson/Stiemsma/Hayward

That's a pretty deep team..could use another PG though..

Cocaine80s
07-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Waiters and Love aren't as bad defensively as most people think

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 08:46 PM
if you factor in D-rebounding id say Love is about neutral on defense...Waiters like most young athletic guards is good on-ball but struggles on his rotations...Irving is the only terrible defender

Hey Yo
07-30-2014, 08:46 PM

Winning can do wonders for a player's defensive effort.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I have no idea what the depth will look like because I'm assuming this trade is going to have a lot more moving parts than people realize. It will either be as close to a Love for Wiggins deal as humanly possible, value-wise, or there will be a lot of guys moving around with the potential of a third team involved.

That's why it is impossible to speculate on depth... just what the starting five is likely to be.

When you say "problems in the rebounding," you mean incredible rebounding, right? All three of the guys you bolded are above average rebounders for their respective positions.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 08:49 PM
I'd imagine they'd get more than just Love back...Love and Martin at the least...sign someone like stiemsa and:

Irving/Delladova
Waiters/Martin/Miller/Jones
LeBron/Miller/Jones/Martin
Love/Thompson/LeBron
Varejao/Thompson/Stiemsma/Hayward

That's a pretty deep team..could use another PG though..

If they are giving up Wiggins and either Thompson/Bennett and a first rounder...they should get back Dieng.

It would be absurd for them not to actually.

So I'd say;

Irving/Dell
Waiters/Miller/Jones
Lebron/Miller
Love/Thompson
Andy/Dieng/Thompson/Haywood

If reports are true that the Wolves love Thad Young. I bet the sixers would do young for a first rounder, martin, and barea's expiring contract. especially because i bet martin could be moved again for at least cap filler and a future pick as his contract will actually be nice once the cap goes up again next summer.

the sixers might be able to turn young into a first and 2nd rounder and an expiring contract. not a bad haul for a player with no future on the team.

DukeDelonte13
07-30-2014, 08:55 PM
whelp, i've reached out to my source and he told me that all he knows is that the cavs have an offer on the table for Love but are in fact pursuing contingency plans for another bigman.

raprap
07-30-2014, 08:55 PM
If they are giving up Wiggins and either Thompson/Bennett and a first rounder...they should get back Dieng.

It would be absurd for them not to actually.

So I'd say;

Irving/Dell
Waiters/Miller/Jones
Lebron/Miller
Love/Thompson
Andy/Dieng/Thompson/Haywood

If reports are true that the Wolves love Thad Young. I bet the sixers would do young for a first rounder, martin, and barea's expiring contract. especially because i bet martin could be moved again for at least cap filler and a future pick as his contract will actually be nice once the cap goes up again next summer.

the sixers might be able to turn young into a first and 2nd rounder and an expiring contract. not a bad haul for a player with no future on the team.
looks good. they need help in the wings though, miller and jones are old and i think LBJ would like to have his minutes go down a bit.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 08:57 PM
looks good. they need help in the wings though, miller and jones are old and i think LBJ would like to have his minutes go down a bit.

yea, they'd obviously add something there.

fragokota
07-30-2014, 08:57 PM
When you say "problems in the rebounding," you mean incredible rebounding, right? All three of the guys you bolded are above average rebounders for their respective positions.

Do you even have to ask? Ofc i'm kidding, all three of them are top/near the top rebounders at their position. I wish we had better rebounders all those years.It might have cost us a chip.

This Cavs team is weak defensively though, you gotta pick a rim protector and a good wing defender if you want to win it all.

p.s: No way Wolves give up Dieng in this deal imho

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Do you even have to ask? Ofc i'm kidding, all three of them are top/near the top rebounders at their position. I wish we had better rebounders all those years.It might have cost us a chip.

This Cavs team is weak defensively though, you gotta pick a rim protector and a good wing defender if you want to win it all.

I agree that there could be problems defensively. Then again, I don't think Irving, Waiters or Love have ever really exerted themselves and focused in defensively, either. Being on a legitimate contender and on the court with James, along with having what is assumed to be a very defensive-minded coach in Blatt, could go a long way to improving their effort/energy on that end.

I agree about the rim protection. It is sorely lacking with that starting five. Again though, there are going to be a lot of moving parts, here, so it is impossible to even judge the team at this stage.

I assumed you were joking about the rebounding... sarcasm is often hard to detect on forums like these. :oldlol:

PleezeBelieve
07-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Ray Allen is in the wings.

Varejao is not a starter. He and Tristan will provide the big man off the bench. Damn good depth at that.

Dion can play the 1/2/3 .... he really is the key player to this team. He can be the x factor no opposing team can acount for game in game out

Once Cavs make another minor deal for a starting Center, this lineup:

Kyrie/Dion/Della
Dion/Allen/Miller
LeBron/Miller/Jones
Love/Tristan/LeBron
Unknown C/Varejao/Tristan/Love

Will win 70 games first year. Only San Antonio playing at the level they were at last year will be able to play with this Cavs team who, when its said and done, will have had the greatest off season in NBA history.

DukeDelonte13
07-30-2014, 09:10 PM

Varejao is not a starter. He and Tristan will provide the big man off the bench. Damn good depth at that.

Dion can play the 1/2/3 .... he really is the key player to this team. He can be the x factor no opposing team can acount for game in game out

Kyrie/Dion/Della
Dion/Allen/Miller
LeBron/Miller/Jones
Love/Tristan/LeBron

Will win 70 games first year. Only San Antonio playing at the level they were at last year will be able to play with this Cavs team who, when its said and done, will have had the greatest off season in NBA history.

what chips do they use to get the C?

beastee
07-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Will win 70 games first year.

:crazysam: :yaohappy: :milton :whatever: :coleman:

Im speechless.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 09:14 PM

To the bold.

I disagree. You really think the Wolves blow the deal up over Dieng? They have the chance to get Wiggins and they aren't going to do it because of Dieng?

I doubt it...

LoneyROY7
07-30-2014, 09:18 PM

Kyrie/Dion/Della
Dion/Allen/Miller
LeBron/Miller/Jones
Love/Tristan/LeBron

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PleezeBelieve
07-30-2014, 09:20 PM
what chips do they use to get the C?
Picks + Non guaranteed salaries + possibly Tristan

fragokota
07-30-2014, 09:28 PM
[/B]

To the bold.

I disagree. You really think the Wolves blow the deal up over Dieng? They have the chance to get Wiggins and they aren't going to do it because of Dieng?

I doubt it...

Man i swear you're the person who started this "Drop Dieng in the deal" rumour.Probably RBA's connection read it somewhere in these forums and this is how these rumours trend in the internet. :lol

Listen, i think Cavs want Love more than Wolves want Wiggins tbh, so i doubt they would insist on Dieng( if we assume they asked for him).

If they manage to get him though, good for them. They would be one step closer to having a really competitive team down the road. As a fan of the game above all, i would like to see a -non big market- team make it all the way to the end.The league would really benefit from it, it would be something special. If my team doesn't make it through the East this year, i wish them good luck. Every team deserves it's big time moments.

DMAVS41
07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Man i swear you're the person who started this "Drop Dieng in the deal" rumour.Probably RBA's connection read it somewhere in these forums and this is how these rumours trend in the internet. :lol

Listen, i think Cavs want Love more than Wolves want Wiggins tbh, so i doubt they would insist on Dieng( if we assume they asked for him).

If they manage to get him though, good for them. They would be one step closer to having a really competitive team down the road. As a fan of the game above all, i would like to see a -non big market- team make it all the way to the end.The league would really benefit from it, it would be something special. If my team doesn't make it through the East this year, i wish them good luck. Every team deserves it's big time moments.

I didn't start it as a rumor.

It just makes sense. Giving up the number 1 pick in Wiggins plus more is an absurd haul in this situation.

FatComputerNerd
07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
This is really going to piss me of if it goes down.

Bennett is going to be a stud, and will ultimately be better than k-love.

Meanwhile, Wiggins is (or should be) part of our future along with kyrie, AB, and Dion.

I'm almost starting to wish lbj didn't come back at this point.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 09:52 PM

Meanwhile, Wiggins is (or should be) part of our future along with kyrie, AB, and Dion.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :biggums: :facepalm

FatComputerNerd
07-30-2014, 09:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :biggums: :facepalm

Just you wait. Future avy bet!

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 09:56 PM

I agree with the bolded. It is going to happen, though, so you might as well get used to the idea of Wiggins in Minnesota and Love here. Hey, it could be worse than getting a 25-year-old player who is arguably the best PF in the NBA. :oldlol:

I'm not going to complain too much. I think he could have been had at a lesser rate if we just waited it out and put more pressure on Minnesota, but then again, I'm a big fan of Dion, so keeping him is a nice little bonus.

If you would have told me this time last year that we would be adding LeBron James, Kevin Love, Ray Allen (probably) and Mike Miller this offseason, while not giving up either Kyrie or Dion and we'll also likely be keeping one (or both) AB and Tristan?

Mind-boggling... so I'm not going to complain.

Carbine
07-30-2014, 09:57 PM

You just did.

The Spurs.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 09:59 PM
It's not like the future is totally f#cked here, guys...

Four years from now, which is when I think LeBron will begin his inevitable decline (I'm being optimistic), Love will still be just 29, Kyrie will be 26, Dion will be 26, Tristan will be 27, AB will be 24 (assuming he's still a Cavalier)...

I love Wiggins' potential, but we still have probably the best young core in the NBA with Kyrie, Love and Dion.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Just you wait. Future avy bet!
I don't even dislike him that much...im rooting for him...but Love is a future HOFer...If everything goes right for him he'll be as good as paul milsap..not kevin love

Carbine
07-30-2014, 10:02 PM
It's really weird to see RBA in full defense mechanism mode.

He's saying the exact same things now that others were saying....but he was arguing against them a week or so ago.

LOL

fragokota
07-30-2014, 10:08 PM
You just did.

The Spurs.

Yeah that's true. They're a traditional power in this league though, a team like the Cavs or Grizzlies or OKC would be different and special to see imo.

TylerOO
07-30-2014, 10:10 PM

This. WTF is this dude saying?:biggums:

EDIT: saw dudes reply. stfu tyler

PleezeBelieve
07-30-2014, 10:30 PM
It's really weird to see RBA in full defense mechanism mode.

He's saying the exact same things now that others were saying....but he was arguing against them a week or so ago.

LOL
Dude is an emo-homer who becomes instantly attached to any and everything associated to the teams he roots for.

Objectivity is not his strong suit.

JtotheIzzo
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I cannot wait until Love gets to Cleveland and gets injured.

:roll:

Two of the last three seasons he missed significant time, I can't imagine what would happen to his body if he actually had to use the full exertion needed in a playoff game, he'd likely be in traction.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland. :roll:

Baketball fans are being denied something special by not seeing Wiggins and LeBron together, and I think it is LeBron's uber-betaness that is forcing the trade, the guy just can't stand alone.

poido123
07-30-2014, 10:42 PM
I cannot wait until Love gets to Cleveland and gets injured.

Two of the last three seasons he missed significant time, I can't imagine what would happen to his body if he actually had to use the full exertion needed in a playoff game, he'd likely be in traction.

Cleveland gonna Cleveland. :roll:

Baketball fans are being denied something special by not seeing Wiggins and LeBron together, and I think it is LeBron's uber-betaness that is forcing the trade, the guy just can't stand alone.

Not a Cleveland thing as such, the love push is from lebron, cleveland have their hands tied there...but I agree with lebrons uber-betaness and the not standing alone part...

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 10:44 PM
cleveland tried trading the #1 overall pick for Love at the draft but he said he wouldnt re-sign...lebron forcing the trade is a myth

NattyPButter
07-30-2014, 10:50 PM

yeah the problem would be Varejao slapping the taste out of Loves mouth for trying to pad his rebounding numbers by tipping the ball instead of just grabbing it.

poido123
07-30-2014, 10:51 PM
cleveland tried trading the #1 overall pick for Love at the draft but he said he wouldnt re-sign...lebron forcing the trade is a myth

Cleveland wanted love before yes and the ideas floated around of trading for him, but I do think the serious push to trade for him started once lebron made it clear he wanted him.

Cocaine80s
07-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Not a Cleveland thing as such, the love push is from lebron, cleveland have their hands tied there...but I agree with lebrons uber-betaness and the not standing alone part...
:coleman:
seems like you have no problem with posters who wish injury against players when its not directed at rose :oldlol:

NattyPButter
07-30-2014, 10:56 PM
It's not like the future is totally f#cked here, guys...

Four years from now, which is when I think LeBron will begin his inevitable decline (I'm being optimistic), Love will still be just 29, Kyrie will be 26, Dion will be 26, Tristan will be 27, AB will be 24 (assuming he's still a Cavalier)...

I love Wiggins' potential, but we still have probably the best young core in the NBA with Kyrie, Love and Dion.

minds well say Love will be 30 because his birthday is next month.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Cleveland wanted love before yes and the ideas floated around of trading for him, but I do think the serious push to trade for him started once lebron made it clear he wanted him.
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

poido123
07-30-2014, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=RoundMoundOfReb]Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 11:11 PM
There's a lot more pieces in the latest proposed deal, that one in june may not of had enough in it and was rightfully turned down...

Who knows, but what is obvious is that lebron is pushing the latest trade, he essentially reignited the original proposal...

obviously the eventually accepted deal is gonna be higher than the original offer...goes without saying

poido123
07-30-2014, 11:11 PM
:coleman:
seems like you have no problem with posters who wish injury against players when its not directed at rose :oldlol:

He's a cavs fan.

He's referring to the condition of Cleveland moves that turn pear-shaped.

How do you not understand that?

poido123
07-30-2014, 11:18 PM
obviously the eventually accepted deal is gonna be higher than the original offer...goes without saying

I know, but it matters that lebron reignited a dead proposal and is happy to see cavs rid their young talent to get love now. That's the beta in him and smells of fear...

Cocaine80s
07-30-2014, 11:43 PM
He's a cavs fan.

He's referring to the condition of Cleveland moves that turn pear-shaped.

How do you not understand that?
u sure hes a cavs fan? all he does is talk shit

FireMcFailPlease
07-30-2014, 11:45 PM

I think you are a complete f'ing ishiot.

but i hope you're right! :roll: :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:08 AM
Carbine, PB, whoever else...

I love how I get criticized for simply dealing with the reality of the situation. What's my other option? Ranting about how awful it is to make a trade for Love when it is obviously happening and he's going to be on the roster? Quitting the Cavs all together?

I'm still totally in the camp of holding onto Wiggins and making Minnesota sweat, but wtf do you want me to do? The trade is done, over, finished... it is either deal with the reality or bitch and moan, which seems a little ridiculous under the circumstances.

I think Minnesota ought to be thanking god every night for the complete randomness of recent events. They were going to get pennies on the dollar for Love IF LeBron didn't come back to the Cavs and IF we didn't also just land the No. 1 pick. No other teams under similar circumstances have gotten anything close to a No. 1 overall pick in a stacked draft.

But here we are... and they're getting him... and we're getting Love. And I'm looking at the situation realistically, not emotionally.

PleezeBelieve
07-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Wiggins Stans be like... mad :roll:

Don't worry, when he busts out West you can blame his conference or lack of supporting cast :roll:

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:20 AM
Wiggins Stans be like... mad :roll:

Don't worry, when he busts out West you can blame his conference or lack of supporting cast :roll:
There are no "Wiggins stans." There are people that believe in his potential. You're a mystery to me. One moment, you seem completely capable of an intellectual conversation. The next, you're rambling about "stans" and how you're "always right" and other trollish behavior.

PleezeBelieve
07-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Carbine, PB, whoever else...

I love how I get criticized for simply dealing with the reality of the situation. What's my other option? Ranting about how awful it is to make a trade for Love when it is obviously happening and he's going to be on the roster? Quitting the Cavs all together?

I'm still totally in the camp of holding onto Wiggins and making Minnesota sweat, but wtf do you want me to do? The trade is done, over, finished... it is either deal with the reality or bitch and moan, which seems a little ridiculous under the circumstances.
You've been wrong many times this off season and its mostly due to you lacking objective reason on realitisic acquisitions/trades for true star level talent until its hitting you right on the forehead.

This trade has been in the works since before the draft. Cavs never liked Wiggins that much and only drafted him because they knew the Wolves liked him.

Instead of seeing the big picture of how all this came to fruition, you emotionally became attached to Wiggins for no other reason than the Cavs drafting him when in fact he wasn't even the Cavs #1 or #2 players (Embiid, Parker) on their draft board.

Yet that didn't stop you from appraising Wiggins as some generational prospect (:roll:), one that you openly admitted you wouldn't trade for Kevin Love. This is something you will never be able to shake. You have been embarrassing this off season on all things dealing with the Cavs.

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=RoundMoundOfReb]Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 12:28 AM
You've been wrong many times this off season and its mostly due to you lacking objective reason on realitisic acquisitions/trades for true star level talent until its hitting you right on the forehead.

This trade has been in the works since before the draft. Cavs never liked Wiggins that much and only drafted him because they knew the Wolves liked him.

Instead of seeing the big picture of how all this came to fruition, you emotionally became attached to Wiggins for no other reason than the Cavs drafting him when in fact he wasn't even the Cavs #1 or #2 players (Embiid, Parker) on their draft board.

Yet that didn't stop you from appraising Wiggins as some generational prospect (:roll:), one that you openly admitted you wouldn't trade for Kevin Love. This is something you will never be able to shake. You have been embarrassing this off season on all things dealing with the Cavs.
http://replygif.net/i/539.gif

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 12:30 AM
We've actually been going after Love for years... completely unsuccessfully. This recent turn of events is not LeBron forcing anything. It is an organization who has coveted Love for a long time finally gaining his commitment with its stellar offseason.

Pretty simple, actually. I'm sure James would love to play with Love, but the Cavs have been obsessed with this guy for years.
Keep telling yourself that.

poido123
07-31-2014, 12:30 AM
We've actually been going after Love for years... completely unsuccessfully. This recent turn of events is not LeBron forcing anything. It is an organization who has coveted Love for a long time finally gaining his commitment with its stellar offseason.

Pretty simple, actually. I'm sure James would love to play with Love, but the Cavs have been obsessed with this guy for years.

Then why is it, that the reported pieces in the move have extended out to be a combination of Bennett, waiters/Thompson , Wiggins, taking back bad contracts or unwanted players. Its a far cry from original offers of just the number 1 pick and I'm sure deals a lot less than this?

A lot of media reports and recognized people have been saying that lebron wanted love here and that he is behind it.

He's recruited Allen and miller over there, why wouldn't he be behind a big push for love?

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:34 AM

First of all, you are a constant embarrassment to all Cavalier fans on this board and in general. Let's get that out of the way first and foremost.

Secondly, there has been nothing I've "gotten wrong" this offseason, because I don't pride myself on making absurd predictions the way you do. I evaluate the situation as I see it... my opinion, not predictions that can be proven "right" or "wrong."

The only "predictions" I made were (1) LeBron was coming back when I had actually heard from a reliable source that it was imminent and (2) the Love trade is a done deal when, again, I heard as much from someone I trust.

Basically all other discussions were my opinions, nothing else. By all means, though, continue keeping your juvenile and pathetic "score card" on who is "right" and "wrong" when we're not even dealing in absolutes, but opinions... conversation, the way this board was meant to be.

I always understood the "reasons" for wanting James back. I always understood the "reasons" some thought it was best to trade for Love. Just because I don't personally agree with a tactic doesn't mean I don't "understand" how others may have a different viewpoint... and how those viewpoints often have valid reasoning behind them.

The difference between me and you is that you look at everything as some sort of strange competition where one side can always be proven right and vice versa. I look at these threads as ongoing conversations... not between opponents in some virtual battle, but opinions and how I might do things if I were in charge... or how looking at things isn't always as black-and-white as they appear on the outset.

That's why you won't find threads/posts from me boasting about how "I'm always right" and making definitive statements on prospects who have yet to even set foot on NBA hardwood. Meanwhile, how many threads do you think I could bump where you spoke in absolutes and ended up being embarrassed? I'm guessing dozens.

Your braggadocio routine may work with some new posters who are unaware of your history on this site, but I've been around long enough to know -- not just how often you're wrong -- but how often you'll pivot positions when you know you're wrong... which is even more embarrassing.

This isn't a fight you want to pick, PB. Move on.

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:46 AM
Let's take a look at a few PB gems, shall we?

PB openly campaigned for drafting Perry Jones III over Anthony Davis.

April 2, 2012 from his thread "Let's talk about how Perry Jones III made Anthony Davis look ordinary":

Frankly when they were matched up against each other Perry looked like better talent. He did what he wanted to against Davis. While Davis is the superior defensive presence, PJIII held his own when manning Davis up.

Both has good basketball IQs and size. Perry has the better lateral movement and explosiveness. Both need to get stronger.

So why ya'll not galkjng talking about Perry more?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258130

Yeah, PB apparently thought Davis was a chump pre-draft. From his thread "Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana" on Dec. 12, 2011:

Anthony Davis

Putting up a robust 6 points 9 rebounds on national TV when you're supposedly yhe 'best prospect in years':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttF5HVYtlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

More:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242441

How about Kevin Durant?

From PB's March 28, 2007 thread entitled "Anyone think Jeff Green's Skills Translate Better To The NBA Than Durant?"

First off, this thread has more to do with me thinking Durant is overrated than me thinking Green is flatout the better player.

But anyway, I feel that Green is almost a carbon copy of Paul Pierce. Durant on the other hand, is a jumpshooter at heart. I simply don't like that, especially when you're 6'9. Green on the other hand has the feel, body, and desire to operate on the post. The fact he can hit the three only opens the rest of his game up, not depend on it like Durant.

And as the draft gets closer, you can expect Green to rise the boards because of what I've stated in this post. I just don't care is you got 30-ft range...who's the better player, Pierce or Ray Allen?.That's who I basically think Durant plays like...a bigger version of Allen. You can hate me if you want, but I would strongly suggest people start forming their own opinions and stop listening to what's on TV. And with that, on the pro level Green will be better than Durant in the NBA.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35398

Shall I continue? That took about five minutes of research. Haven't even gotten into Kyrie Irving, PB's unadulterated love for MKG and his believing a LeBron James/Mo Williams tandem would be the best duo in the NBA since Jordan and Pippen.

Warfan
07-31-2014, 12:50 AM
RBA with the ether. Dont do em like that man :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:50 AM
Then why is it, that the reported pieces in the move have extended out to be a combination of Bennett, waiters/Thompson , Wiggins, taking back bad contracts or unwanted players. Its a far cry from original offers of just the number 1 pick and I'm sure deals a lot less than this?

A lot of media reports and recognized people have been saying that lebron wanted love here and that he is behind it.

He's recruited Allen and miller over there, why wouldn't he be behind a big push for love?
I'm not saying he hasn't reached out to Love. I'm saying that the Cavs have a history of going after Love long before James re-arrived.

As far as packages for Love go, I'd wait until we actually see what the trade looks like. Those reports could (and I believe will) end up being more farce than how the trade turns out.

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Keep telling yourself that.
Again, giving my opinion. Not stating it as fact. If LeBron is the one pushing the front office to make this move sooner than they would like, that would be a terrible way to start off our new relationship with James. He needs to leave roster decisions to the guys paid to do so.

poido123
07-31-2014, 01:12 AM
I'm not saying he hasn't reached out to Love. I'm saying that the Cavs have a history of going after Love long before James re-arrived.

As far as packages for Love go, I'd wait until we actually see what the trade looks like. Those reports could (and I believe will) end up being more farce than how the trade turns out.

Please understand I'm not trolling you :cheers:

Just asking the questions I'm sure some of us have...

Ok thanks, I'm always cynical of lebrons intentions. That's in my blood as you know :lol

The rest of the team and Cleveland fans are rock solid :rockon:

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2014, 01:15 AM
Please understand I'm not trolling you :cheers:

Just asking the questions I'm sure some of us have...

Ok thanks, I'm always cynical of lebrons intentions. That's in my blood as you know :lol

The rest of the team and Cleveland fans are rock solid :rockon:
Trust me, I don't trust LeBron as far as I can throw him either. We'll see how it turns out.

hangintheair
07-31-2014, 01:19 AM
http://d3dsacqprgcsqh.cloudfront.net/photo/awbN5Ox_460s_v1.jpg

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 01:55 AM

Well probably Miller,Allen,Jones,Delly, TT or Bennet and Maybe Dieng round up bench... :eek: Damn good team

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 02:04 AM

Dude Relax your so used to losing U can't even see big picture.. Cavs are very close if they don't get stupid or impatient of putting together a championship team with a nice mix of young guys and Vets.. Lebron is not wasting his last good years because of waiting around for Wiggins and AB when they can add a top 10-12 player in the NBA right now.

poido123
07-31-2014, 03:27 AM
Dude Relax your so used to losing U can't even see big picture.. Cavs are very close if they don't get stupid or impatient of putting together a championship team with a nice mix of young guys and Vets.. Lebron is not wasting his last good years because of waiting around for Wiggins and AB when they can add a top 10-12 player in the NBA right now.

Before lebron came, Cleveland fans invested time and energy into getting to know the players and get excited about thier future with the young talent they are about to lose In a trade.

You and the other mindless lebron idiots move in and start talking like your entitled to shit, and telling the Cleveland fans they should just sit down and shut up, while they watch their beloved players disappear like they were nothing.

What you don't understand is, your just a pathetic Stan who craves instant gratification. You don't deserve an opinion on any matters simply because you are not a fan of the team or understand the affairs of their future. You haven't invested years of heartache and disappointment, why should you be able to reap the rewards and have an opinion on a team you really know nothing about?

What I suggest is, follow lebron like you always do. But leave the cavs matters and discussion to guys who deserve and understand what the cavs are all about.

In other words, fckoffski.

JT123
07-31-2014, 03:53 AM
Before lebron came, Cleveland fans invested time and energy into getting to know the players and get excited about thier future with the young talent they are about to lose In a trade.

You and the other mindless lebron idiots move in and start talking like your entitled to shit, and telling the Cleveland fans they should just sit down and shut up, while they watch their beloved players disappear like they were nothing.

What you don't understand is, your just a pathetic Stan who craves instant gratification. You don't deserve an opinion on any matters simply because you are not a fan of the team or understand the affairs of their future. You haven't invested years of heartache and disappointment, why should you be able to reap the rewards and have an opinion on a team you really know nothing about?

What I suggest is, follow lebron like you always do. But leave the cavs matters and discussion to guys who deserve and understand what the cavs are all about.

Shut up.

WindmiLL
07-31-2014, 04:08 AM

A Jordan stan from Australia who has no connections to Chicago and has become a ''true'' Chicago fan only because his favourite player has played there his whole career with a lecture for Lebron stans. Oh the irony :oldlol:

poido123
07-31-2014, 04:23 AM
A Jordan stan from Australia who has no connections to Chicago and has become a ''true'' Chicago fan only because his favourite player has played there his whole career with a lecture for Lebron stans. Oh the irony :oldlol:

Better and more loyal fan than many Chicagoans, what's your point? I've even been to the united center to see a few games...

I'm pretty sure there is a pretty big fan base that extends outside of Chicago, why should it matter where you are from?

A Jordan Stan I am not. Any bulls fan who knows me will tell you that I support the team before any player...I've followed the team for over 20 years dude, I'm more than aware of what it takes to be a fan...

Feel free to continue, I'm sure you've got some Aussie jokes to follow :rolleyes:

poido123
07-31-2014, 04:27 AM

187 posts since 2011.

Do I hear Alt? :oldlol:

TheMilkyBarKid
07-31-2014, 04:28 AM
It'd be a shame to give up Wiggins & Bennett for Love.
Waiters & Thompson are expendable IMO. Although if Waiters' attitude is better as indicated by his earlier comments then he could be a very good piece to hang on to.
I don't know how hard a worker Love is. Will he work hard to become a better defender and become a part of whatever sort of system Blatt is planning on implementing? He never has struck me as an overly hard worker, whereas these young guys the cavs would be giving up would probably be more malleable with influences like Blatt and Lebron to shape them for the better.

FPJ
07-31-2014, 05:11 AM
Kyrie, Fatters, Lebron, Love and Varejao.

Let's see...

Kyrie has played even less games than Wade in the last 3 years if im not mistaken. He's gonna be playing off the ball for the most which he's not used to and im not sure he's any good at it. His defense...lol.

Fatters wanted the ball more while it was just him and Kyrie, imagine how many times he's gonna see the ball now. A lot of tears will be shed in that locker room. Poor defender also.

Love. Well, let's just see for how long he's gonna stay healthy. His game will suffer like Bosh's did, imo. Fewer touches than he's used to and depending on the system used, fewer rebounds too.

Andy has health issues too. He's good at what he does.

Other than Fatters and Lebron, they all have question marks when it comes to health and defense. The bench will have to be solid all season and Mike Miller isnt exactly a player you can depend on all season (i hope he's healthy).

There's also a big question regarding the system that will be used. Spo managed to keep Lebron happy with not many touches, bot he had Wade and Bosh on their team. How will Kyrie, Fatters and Love manage with less touches? They werent exactly sharp shooters, plus Lebron will have some of Kyries assists and many of Love's rebounds. One thing that's certain is that Lebron is gonna keep his stats no matter what.

I honestly can't see a good defense with that starting five.

It's gonna be interesting how they'll manage everything.

poido123
07-31-2014, 06:25 AM

Let's see...

Kyrie has played even less games than Wade in the last 3 years if im not mistaken. He's gonna be playing off the ball for the most which he's not used to and im not sure he's any good at it. His defense...lol.

Fatters wanted the ball more while it was just him and Kyrie, imagine how many times he's gonna see the ball now. A lot of tears will be shed in that locker room. Poor defender also.

Love. Well, let's just see for how long he's gonna stay healthy. His game will suffer like Bosh's did, imo. Fewer touches than he's used to and depending on the system used, fewer rebounds too.

Other than Fatters and Lebron, they all have question marks when it comes to health and defense. The bench will have to be solid all season and Mike Miller isnt exactly a player you can depend on all season (i hope he's healthy).

There's also a big question regarding the system that will be used. Spo managed to keep Lebron happy with not many touches, bot he had Wade and Bosh on their team. How will Kyrie, Fatters and Love manage with less touches? They werent exactly sharp shooters, plus Lebron will have some of Kyries assists and many of Love's rebounds. One thing that's certain is that Lebron is gonna keep his stats no matter what.

A pretty good breakdown and I agree that the strengths of the individual players are nullified in some way or another.

Absolutely no defensive identity. Varejeo won't be healthy long enough to anchor defense and if he is, where else will they get it from?

Anyways, we will see how things shape up eventually. Cavs might look to add necessary pieces at the trade deadline when they work out the weaknesses...

raprap
07-31-2014, 07:24 AM

Dude :biggums:

Cocaine80s
07-31-2014, 07:32 AM
A pretty good breakdown and I agree that the strengths of the individual players are nullified in some way or another.

Absolutely no defensive identity. Varejeo won't be healthy long enough to anchor defense and if he is, where else will they get it from?

Anyways, we will see how things shape up eventually. Cavs might look to add necessary pieces at the trade deadline when they work out the weaknesses...
you do realize verajao played 65 games this season right? and the season before that he had a blood clot.

You are incredibly biased and are only reaching for negative points to discuss.

Someone already explained to you that Love is actually above average on defense and was the anchor for the Twolves. The only bad defender in the starting lineup would by Kyrie

poido123
07-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Dude :biggums:

I reread my post and thought it was a little harsh.

These Stans have been pretty inconsiderate to cavs fans and that's why I felt the need to say that.

Could be worse, I could of told him he should of been a blowjob :lol

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 07:57 AM

Let's see...

I think Blatt is superior coach to spo, who has a history of not only overachieving, but also adapting his offensive and defensive playbook around the talent he has. Spo never overachieved. He got embarrassed in the finals and admitted on national television "he doesn't know what to do".

I think the name "Fatters" is hilarious, but it's also indicative of the fact that you probably haven't seen Dion play since his first summer league. He was in terrific shape last season and looks to be in terrific shape this offseason.

Andy's injuries were as follows: Tore tendon in foot during practice, got hacked under the basket by drew gooden and broke his wrist, and then the blood clot.

Andy does not have knee, back, or ankle issues. He has no reoccurring injuries. More importantly, Andy's game is not based on athleticism. His game is hustle, and knowing where to be on both ends of the floor.

Defense may be an issue. But consider the fact that the cavs were 12th in defensive efficiency last year, despite being DEAD LAST the previous two seasons. It goes to show you with the right team defensive system implemented the cavs can mask a lot of the individual players' weaknesses.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:05 AM
you do realize verajao played 65 games this season right? and the season before that he had a blood clot.

You are incredibly biased and are only reaching for negative points to discuss.

Someone already explained to you that Love is actually above average on defense and was the anchor for the Twolves. The only bad defender in the starting lineup would by Kyrie

Varejeo has played 2 fulls seasons in 10 years.

His last 4 years;

Clearly has history against him and can not be relied upon to be a defensive anchor for this team.

The only above average defenders in the starting lineup are lebron and love.

They have no shot blockers outside of Thompson who's a power forward and no specialist defenders.

Not going to get it done, they need to fix that.

Cocaine80s
07-31-2014, 08:10 AM
Varejeo has played 2 fulls seasons in 10 years.

His last 4 years;

Clearly has history against him and can not be relied upon to be a defensive anchor for this team.

The only above average defenders in the starting lineup are lebron and love.

They have no shot blockers outside of Thompson who's a power forward and no specialist defenders.

Not going to get it done, they need to fix that.
read above^^ post by dukedelonte about verajao

also, i think Dieng will be included in the trade. I think more importantly than good defenders, it will be the system. Spurs dont have any shot blockers (besides Duncan who played <30 mpg this season). its more about the system Blatt runs and apparently hes a good coach so we'll see

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Id be shocked if Dieng was in this trade.

jzek
07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
LeBron once said "Not one, not two, not three..." and we thought he meant winning in Miami! Now we know he meant winning in Miami AND Cleveland! :bowdown:

This is like the Bulls' second run at multiple rings! :bowdown:

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:59 AM
I think Blatt is superior coach to spo, who has a history of not only overachieving, but also adapting his offensive and defensive playbook around the talent he has. Spo never overachieved. He got embarrassed in the finals and admitted on national television "he doesn't know what to do".

I think the name "Fatters" is hilarious, but it's also indicative of the fact that you probably haven't seen Dion play since his first summer league. He was in terrific shape last season and looks to be in terrific shape this offseason.

Andy's injuries were as follows: Tore tendon in foot during practice, got hacked under the basket by drew gooden and broke his wrist, and then the blood clot.

Andy does not have knee, back, or ankle issues. He has no reoccurring injuries. More importantly, Andy's game is not based on athleticism. His game is hustle, and knowing where to be on both ends of the floor.

Defense may be an issue. But consider the fact that the cavs were 12th in defensive efficiency last year, despite being DEAD LAST the previous two seasons. It goes to show you with the right team defensive system implemented the cavs can mask a lot of the individual players' weaknesses.

Andy is just an unlucky guy? 2 full seasons out of 10?

I appreciate what you are saying and if andy stays on the floor in the playoffs I think the cavs can mask a defensive weakness. With that said, that is a big if considering he's played only 2/10 full seasons..

FLDFSU
07-31-2014, 09:24 AM

Lol at this idiot. For years now it has been YOU who told Miami fans like myself OUR history and who OUR rivals were because YOU are obsessed with LeBron.

Every day you created at least one thread about either Miami or one of our players. Now I am not sure in a month you would know who Mario Chambers is. Since James made his announcement you have failed to as much post in a Heat related thread.

It is YOU who is the pathetic beta. Following around a grown man who couldn't care if you were a bum on the street or a wall street banker, hating on his every word and his every action like some jealous high school b! tch.

navy
07-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Lol at this idiot. For years now it has been YOU who told Miami fans like myself OUR history and who OUR rivals were because YOU are obsessed with LeBron.

Every day you created at least one thread about either Miami or one of our players. Now I am not sure in a month you would know who Mario Chambers is. Since James made his announcement you have failed to as much post in a Heat related thread.

It is YOU who is the pathetic beta. Following around a grown man who couldn't care if you were a bum on the street or a wall street banker, hating on his every word and his every action like some jealous high school b! tch.
:lebronamazed:

Dat ether. :roll:

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:27 AM

You are clearly on tilt. Lebron Stan confirmed :applause:

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:30 AM

:kobe:

Dude was trying waaay too hard.

Wall street, banker? What? :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
07-31-2014, 09:32 AM

HOLY SHIT.
End it right here. Pedo got his shit took.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:33 AM

Wait a minute....

Look at the avatars, this guy is your alt!!!

Then the immediate acceptance of his own post :roll:

Loser confirmed :lol

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:36 AM
HOLY SHIT.
End it right here. Pedo got his shit took.

Have fun finding a new hobby next off season bro :lol

Time to dust off those old blowup anime dolls :pimp:

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Andy is just an unlucky guy? 2 full seasons out of 10?

I appreciate what you are saying and if andy stays on the floor in the playoffs I think the cavs can mask a defensive weakness. With that said, that is a big if considering he's played only 2/10 full seasons..

just stating the facts.

not many players play a full 82 games a year.

If the cavs weren't taking in the two seasons prior to the Bennett draft Andy would have played more games. They held him out towards the end for precautionary reasons.

Getting hacked and the blood clot were things pretty much totally out of Andy's control. It's not like the dude has degenerative cartilage issues or stress fractures.

navy
07-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Wait a minute....

Look at the avatars, this guy is your alt!!!

Then the immediate acceptance of his own post :roll:

Loser confirmed :lol
This nikka thinks because we have similar avatars in common I'm his alt? :roll:

You got ethered bro. Take the damn L.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:51 AM

You got exposed on your alt bro, everyone here can clearly see how obvious the quick backup is and the matching avatars. :oldlol: coincidence my ass!

Your post didn't even make sense. How do I respond to utter crap?

I post in a lot of threads about lots of topics.

Insecure lebron d.ckriders like you cannot handle any lebron criticism hence the on tilt response you made.

Wall street and bankers? Bums on a street? :facepalm

Bet your fingers were bleeding when you typed that. Writing in capital letters and shit showed how much I bothered you. :oldlol:

Rent free

Too E....

navy
07-31-2014, 09:57 AM
You got exposed on your alt bro, everyone here can clearly see how obvious the quick backup is and the matching avatars. :oldlol: coincidence my ass!

Your post didn't even make sense. How do I respond to utter crap?

I post in a lot of threads about lots of topics.

Insecure lebron d.ckriders like you cannot handle any lebron criticism hence the on tilt response you made.

Wall street and bankers? Bums on a street? :facepalm

Bet your fingers were bleeding when you typed that. Writing in capital letters and shit showed how much I bothered you. :oldlol:

Rent free

Too E....
The only thing that got exposed here was you. :oldlol:

Take the L and move on. You'll get him next time. Oh wait, since that's apparently my alt....
Youll get me next time.

FLDFSU
07-31-2014, 09:58 AM

He is such a dumb ass. Our writing styles are not even remotely similar.

The last few days now I have been asking him: "how come you don't post about the Heat no more...I thought you said Chicago and Miami were HUGE rivals going back to Jordan days." Nothing.

But he wants to call another poster out for being a Lebron fan and pretending to know about the Cavs roster? Or pretending to know what Cavs fans feel about THEIR roster.

Two months ago this hoe was telling us Heat fans about our history. It is one thing to be a moronic bandwagon hater (the worst kind of person) but don't compound it by projecting your bs insecurities on someone else.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:59 AM
just stating the facts.

not many players play a full 82 games a year.

If the cavs weren't taking in the two seasons prior to the Bennett draft Andy would have played more games. They held him out towards the end for precautionary reasons.

Getting hacked and the blood clot were things pretty much totally out of Andy's control. It's not like the dude has degenerative cartilage issues or stress fractures.

OK, back to a non-troll.

I'll take your word for it and I hope for the best. :cheers:

I want to want to see healthy teams play healthy teams.

If I talk negative of the cavs, its usually directed at the undesirables who latched onto your team...

Jameerthefear
07-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Poido got exposed hard :oldlol: holy shit

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:11 AM
He is such a dumb ass. Our writing styles are not even remotely similar.

The last few days now I have been asking him: "how come you don't post about the Heat no more...I thought you said Chicago and Miami were HUGE rivals going back to Jordan days." Nothing.

But he wants to call another poster out for being a Lebron fan and pretending to know about the Cavs roster? Or pretending to know what Cavs fans feel about THEIR roster.

Two months ago this hoe was telling us Heat fans about our history. It is one thing to be a moronic bandwagon hater (the worst kind of person) but don't compound it by projecting your bs insecurities on someone else.

You haven't talked to me or asked me anything in the last few days. But I guess that's your navy account since I've seen that account posting the last few days, not this one.

Never made point of heats history or what the hell your talking about...

I called out that guy because he was being inconsiderate. lebron fans are like that in general, they are a bunch of f.ckwits really...

You're not a heat fan, stop lying to yourself :oldlol: a guy who gets this upset over a post I made to someone else concerning lebron is ridiculous :roll:

And another thing, don't lie in your posts to gloss over the pile of shit you wrote.

Get cream for those fingers, I can feel a hole burn through your keyboard :pimp:

pegasus
07-31-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Minnesota will trade Love before the deadline, but let's say they didn't and Lebron opts out next summer. Can the Cavs give Love a max contract (albeit not the same max that Minnesota can give him) and then sign Lebron with Bird rights? They would be way over the tax limit, but they probably won't care.

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:15 AM
Poido got exposed hard :oldlol: holy shit

Still making threads hating on lebron and the heat? :oldlol:

One of the heat fans who used to love you now hates you :roll:

Hilarious you spent all this time trying to please these clowns :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
You haven't talked to me or asked me anything in the last few days. But I guess that's your navy account since I've seen that account posting the last few days, not this one.

Never made point of heats history or what the hell your talking about...

I called out that guy because he was being inconsiderate. lebron fans are like that in general, they are a bunch of f.ckwits really...

You're not a heat fan, stop lying to yourself :oldlol: a guy who gets this upset over a post I made to someone else concerning lebron is ridiculous :roll:

And another thing, don't lie in your posts to gloss over the pile of shit you wrote.

Get cream for those fingers, I can feel a hole burn through your keyboard :pimp:
http://i.imgur.com/GE6nGdN.png

Jameerthefear
07-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Still making threads hating on lebron and the heat? :oldlol:

One of the heat fans who used to love you now hates you :roll:

Hilarious you spent all this time trying to please these clowns :oldlol:
When did I make a thread about Lebron or the Heat? :oldlol:
You are one dumb mother f*cker :oldlol:

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:24 AM

Both lebron fans, both have the unusual existence of a Jordan avatar being a lebron fan?

Not only unusual, but it further proves that;

1) you're talking to yourself and agreeing with yourself :oldlol:

2) the sheer coincidence that there are 2 accounts on ISH who are known lebron fans have Jordan avatars?

You lose, you have been exposed :lol

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:29 AM
When did I make a thread about Lebron or the Heat? :oldlol:
You are one dumb mother f*cker :oldlol:

Jameer Thread- "Calling it right now: Early exit from Cleveland. Lebron will bolt again."

#Jameeronskates

Too E...

niko
07-31-2014, 10:30 AM
RBA, what would you think the most likely paramaters of a trade would look like?

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Minnesota will trade Love before the deadline, but let's say they didn't and Lebron opts out next summer. Can the Cavs give Love a max contract (albeit not the same max that Minnesota can give him) and then sign Lebron with Bird rights? They would be way over the tax limit, but they probably won't care.

Yeah, reports are it is at 99% certain it will happen...just waiting for Wiggins 30 day thing...

TV rights in the next two years will add a lot more cap flexibility apparently, so love will likely be able to sign a max along with lebron who will likely wait 2 years to sign a max and fit under the new cap...

pegasus
07-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, reports are it is at 99% certain it will happen...just waiting for Wiggins 30 day thing...

TV rights in the next two years will add a lot more cap flexibility apparently, so love will likely be able to sign a max along with lebron who will likely wait 2 years to sign a max and fit under the new cap...
I'm cool as long as they lose Wiggins and AB or Waiters or hopefully all three in the process. I'm not afraid of Irving-Love-Lebron trio without a super stacked supporting cast.

returnofthemack
07-31-2014, 10:45 AM
I really wish it was possible that the cavs could trade wiggins for love strait up. I think that would be a fair deal for both teams even if wiggins has greater potential down the line.

Of course I would be thrilled if they took Bennett and waiters for love. The problem is the cavs are going to have to do either wiggins and Bennett or wiggins and waiters. Which is just too much and a massive haul for the wolves. Much better then anything other teams in similar positions have gotten for stars that are leaving.

I find it hard to believe that the cavs are going to give up wiggins and take back bad contracts. I really hope that if the wiggins for love deal happens that we can get Dieng in the deal as well. I would still be upset that we are losing 2 of the 3 of wiggins, Bennett and waiters but it would be easier to swallow. I would be really upset if all 3 are traded.

I agree with the other poster that said we are going to miss out on somthing special that we could have had with lebron and wiggins playing together.

El Gato Negro
07-31-2014, 10:45 AM
if the wolves let love walk the cavs can get enough cap room by cutting dion and tt to give love the max with lebron. cut dion and tt or trade wiggins and bennett hmm...... no trade necessary

pegasus
07-31-2014, 10:48 AM
if the wolves let love walk the cavs can get enough cap room by cutting dion and tt to give love the max with lebron. cut dion and tt or trade wiggins and bennett hmm...... no trade necessary
Cutting Dion and TT of course makes more sense but they'd have to wait one year for that to happen. Lebron, unlike what his letter said, is not a patient ring chaser. He wants it done now.

Hoopz2332
07-31-2014, 10:51 AM

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/subzeros_hand_fatality.gif

poido123
07-31-2014, 11:00 AM
http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/subzeros_hand_fatality.gif

Another pathetic lebron b.tchboy.

Rent free

:rockon:

livinglegend
07-31-2014, 11:43 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/589434_o.gif

Optimus Prime
07-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Well, this thread has officially fallen to the trolls. Mostly just postings of animated GIFs, "ether" and "beta". :kobe:

Anyway, new article on ESPN from Stein and Windhorst, for what it's worth.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11289379/minnesota-timberwolves-talking-kevin-love-trade-only-cleveland-cavaliers

DMAVS41
07-31-2014, 12:00 PM
I really wish it was possible that the cavs could trade wiggins for love strait up. I think that would be a fair deal for both teams even if wiggins has greater potential down the line.

Of course I would be thrilled if they took Bennett and waiters for love. The problem is the cavs are going to have to do either wiggins and Bennett or wiggins and waiters. Which is just too much and a massive haul for the wolves. Much better then anything other teams in similar positions have gotten for stars that are leaving.

I find it hard to believe that the cavs are going to give up wiggins and take back bad contracts. I really hope that if the wiggins for love deal happens that we can get Dieng in the deal as well. I would still be upset that we are losing 2 of the 3 of wiggins, Bennett and waiters but it would be easier to swallow. I would be really upset if all 3 are traded.

I agree with the other poster that said we are going to miss out on somthing special that we could have had with lebron and wiggins playing together.

Yep.

I have no idea why people keep saying things like;

"Dieng should not be in this trade"

This trade without him is retarded on the Cavs front. They are going to send Wiggins, Bennett, a first rounder, and filler for Love and Barea? Windhorst and Stein are reporting that it's Barea that the Wolves are insisting on moving.

So I think it would likely be that Barea and Brewer or Martin...and that first rounder go to the Sixers for Thad Young.

So the Wolves would end up netting Wiggins, Bennett, and Thad Young...and they are giving up only Love?

Just no way can the Cavs make that deal based on the history of the deals other teams have gotten in similar situations. Dieng has to be part of that...and even then...historically that deal favors the Wolves. It's just a rare situation in which both teams really get what they want. Dieng is exactly what the Cavs need...and he has real value as well.

But I just have to laugh at the Wolves fans that think Wiggins, Bennett, filler, and at least 1 first rounder for Love straight up is remotely fair in this situation. It's just hilarious...Chris Paul...a player many think is better than Love. Got traded for Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Austin Rivers. Think about that people.

Here is the deal that should get done;

Wolves get - Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young, John Lucas, and Murphy (they will likely waive Lucas and Murphy)

Sixers get - Barea, Brewer, and a first rounder from the Cavs

Cavs get - Love and Dieng

That trade works for all three teams. The Wolves, historically, make out the best, but the Cavs get the player they want...another young prospect that fills an immediate need...and they get to hold onto 2 of their first rounders this coming season...and get to keep the Haywood contract (vital) in order to make just about any trade next summer if need be...and the aren't saddled with the Martin contract that doesn't address the defensive needs this team will have at the guard position.

You are left with the Sixers getting yet another first rounder and cap relief over the next 2 years.

The Wolves get to run out a team of...I think Wiggins would play a lot of sf for them actually.

Rubio/Lavine/Mo
Martin/Mo/Shabazz
Wiggins/Buddinger/Luc
Thad/Bennett/Luc
Pek/Turiaf

Meh...still think the Wolves should blow it up, but obviously they aren't going to do that. They should though. Martin could net something...he'd actually fit well on the Pacers to be honest. Martin next to Hill and George on the wings would be able to make it work defensively....and he'd add some much needed offense. Martin/Miles...then with Stuckey playing some backup pg and sg...not that bad. If the Wolves rebuild...I'd bet they'd take Scola, Sloan, and a 2nd rounder or two to shed the Martin contract.

and I bet OKC might actually do something for a change if they were offered Pek for Perkins expiring, Thabeet, Perry Jones, and a first rounder. The Thunder really need to make a trade using Perk's contract so they can then go over the cap to bring back Reggie this summer. With all this Durant to Washington stuff....they better take this shit seriously. Only adding Anthony Morrow is not good enough. At least they'd be smart to do that and rebuild totally...use this year to see how Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Thad, Bennett, Budinger, and Shabazz look together. If Wiggins and Bennett give you expected value...that team could be scary good in a couple years actually....all of those guys are 25 and under I think.

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Yep.

This trade without him is retarded on the Cavs front. They are going to send Wiggins, Bennett, a first rounder, and filler for Love and Barea? Windhorst and Stein are reporting that it's Barea that the Wolves are insisting on moving.

So I think it would likely be that Barea and Brewer or Martin...and that first rounder go to the Sixers for Thad Young.

So the Wolves would end up netting Wiggins, Bennett, and Thad Young...and they are giving up only Love?

Just no way can the Cavs make that deal based on the history of the deals other teams have gotten in similar situations. Dieng has to be part of that...and even then...historically that deal favors the Wolves. It's just a rare situation in which both teams really get what they want. Dieng is exactly what the Cavs need...and he has real value as well.

But I just have to laugh at the Wolves fans that think Wiggins, Bennett, filler, and at least 1 first rounder for Love straight up is remotely fair in this situation. It's just hilarious...Chris Paul...a player many think is better than Love. Got traded for Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Austin Rivers. Think about that people.

Here is the deal that should get done;

Wolves get - Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young, John Lucas, and Murphy (they will likely waive Lucas and Murphy)

Sixers get - Barea, Brewer, and a first rounder from the Cavs

Cavs get - Love and Dieng

That trade works for all three teams. The Wolves, historically, make out the best, but the Cavs get the player they want...another young prospect that fills an immediate need...and they get to hold onto 2 of their first rounders this coming season...and get to keep the Haywood contract (vital) in order to make just about any trade next summer if need be...and the aren't saddled with the Martin contract that doesn't address the defensive needs this team will have at the guard position.

You are left with the Sixers getting yet another first rounder and cap relief over the next 2 years.

The Wolves get to run out a team of...I think Wiggins would play a lot of sf for them actually.

Rubio/Lavine/Mo
Martin/Mo/Shabazz
Wiggins/Buddinger/Luc
Thad/Bennett/Luc
Pek/Turiaf

Meh...still think the Wolves should blow it up, but obviously they aren't going to do that. They should though. Martin could net something...he'd actually fit well on the Pacers to be honest. Martin next to Hill and George on the wings would be able to make it work defensively....and he'd add some much needed offense. Martin/Miles...then with Stuckey playing some backup pg and sg...not that bad. If the Wolves rebuild...I'd bet they'd take Scola, Sloan, and a 2nd rounder or two to shed the Martin contract.

and I bet OKC might actually do something for a change if they were offered Pek for Perkins expiring, Thabeet, Perry Jones, and a first rounder. The Thunder really need to make a trade using Perk's contract so they can then go over the cap to bring back Reggie this summer. With all this Durant to Washington stuff....they better take this shit seriously. Only adding Anthony Morrow is not good enough. At least they'd be smart to do that and rebuild totally...use this year to see how Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Thad, Bennett, Budinger, and Shabazz look together. If Wiggins and Bennett give you expected value...that team could be scary good in a couple years actually....all of those guys are 25 and under I think.

Good post.. Think you are right and what would be fair for all involved. BTW even though all teams make out the CAVS would have a STACKED team.. Andy V and Dieng at Center Love and TT at PF Lebron and Miller at SF, Waiters and Allen at SG and Irving and Delly at PG.. :eek:

Im Still Ballin
07-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Good post.. Think you are right and what would be fair for all involved. BTW even though all teams make out the CAVS would have a STACKED team.. Andy V and Dieng at Center Love and TT at PF Lebron and Miller at SF, Waiters and Allen at SG and Irving and Delly at PG.. :eek:
Shit. That is a nice lineup.

Kblaze8855
07-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Yep.

This trade without him is retarded on the Cavs front.

Im not sure a major trades success or failure has ever been contingent on such an irrelevant player....

He turns into Marc Gasol...ok.

As of now hes done nothing to justify treating him like a key make or break piece from either teams point of view.

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Im not sure a major trades success or failure has ever been contingent on such an irrelevant player....

As of now hes done nothing to justify treating him like a key make or break piece from either teams point of view.

it's really not so irrelevant because the cavs are kinda in a bad spot with their center position. They need one badly. They are giving up a ton of assets to get this deal done and this trade presents an opportunity to get a C who at the very least looks like he can be solid at the position.

DMAVS41
07-31-2014, 02:05 PM

Yea...he's not irrelevant. He's worth more than a first rounder falling between 20 and above.

Probably worth more than a pick falling 15 and above.

He plays the position the Cavs desperately need help at.

And you have to judge this stuff in real time. You either win or lose the trade at the time in the sense I'm talking about.

That is what you keep missing so largely on all this stuff. You don't do Wiggins, Bennett, multiple first rounders, Haywood...etc. for Love/Martin like you have been advocating...because it's a shit deal right now. Doesn't matter what happens in the future because it's a shit deal right now. You, as usual, want to play the "luck" card and pretend like the details don't matter.

But they do...oh...how the details matter when the margins for winning titles is so small in the NBA.

Also, it's not just Dieng I changed over those rumors we were arguing about. In my trade...the Cavs are only losing 1 first rounder, they are keeping haywood...and they aren't taking back Martin. All those things are important whether you admit it or not. Honestly...I just don't think you get the cap situation if you think Haywood's contract isn't super important to the Cavs. They are going to be in a tight spot on the cap...and having a way to make a big trade and take on a big contract really really really matters to the future of this team.

Like....you do realize that Dieng, an extra first rounder (perhaps 2), keeping the Haywood contract, and not taking back Martin could absolutely be the difference in winning/losing the title over the next 3 years...right? You really just laughing the above off like it doesn't matter? Again...this is why I say you don't get team building...at all. Nobody should be laughing that off like it doesn't matter.

JtotheIzzo
07-31-2014, 02:13 PM
I love the fact it is 99%, because things that are 99% rarely happen, because if they were to happen they wouldn't be f*cking about 'on the one yard line.'

niko
07-31-2014, 02:44 PM
I love the fact it is 99%, because things that are 99% rarely happen, because if they were to happen they wouldn't be f*cking about 'on the one yard line.'
You can't announce deals until the players are allowed to be traded. The deal could be done and we might not still know.

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 03:21 PM
You can't announce deals until the players are allowed to be traded. The deal could be done and we might not still know.

or the deal isn't done, and isn't going to happen.

Nobody knows. Everybody is just speculating, and it sucks. Nobody will know unitl Aug 23rd when Wiggins is eligible to be traded.

DMAVS41
07-31-2014, 03:22 PM
or the deal isn't done, and isn't going to happen.

Nobody knows. Everybody is just speculating, and it sucks. Nobody will know unitl Aug 23rd when Wiggins is eligible to be traded.

yea...nothing is a lock of course.

but all signs are pointing to Wiggins being the main piece in a trade for Love....and oh how lucky the Wolves are if that is true.

poido123
07-31-2014, 06:37 PM
yea...nothing is a lock of course.

but all signs are pointing to Wiggins being the main piece in a trade for Love....and oh how lucky the Wolves are if that is true.

I could almost be certain that Wiggins will be included. Its amazing how much they are going to get for love, considering that he has stated he wants to leave and to the cavs more specifically.

If it wasn't for cavs desperately adding that 3rd piece to the superteam and lebron wanting it so, the wolves would be getting a far less attractive deal...

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
I could almost be certain that Wiggins will be included. Its amazing how much they are going to get for love, considering that he has stated he wants to leave and to the cavs more specifically.

If it wasn't for cavs desperately adding that 3rd piece to the superteam and lebron wanting it so, the wolves would be getting a far less attractive deal...
theres a reason why every Wolves fans ear's perked up when LBJ announced he was going back to Cleveland.

Love would've been gone for scraps by now, likely.

It's a perfect storm with Chicago being in the same division, Lebron signing a 2 year deal, hes 30, etc.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 06:46 PM

They were offered a "deal centered around the #1 overall pick" before talk of LeBron re-signing even heated up...

poido123
07-31-2014, 06:57 PM
They were offered a "deal centered around the #1 overall pick" before talk of LeBron re-signing even heated up...

Something I suspect to be noticeably less than what it is now.

Cavs want love pretty bad right now. They don't want lebron to be disappointed.

poido123
07-31-2014, 06:58 PM
theres a reason why every Wolves fans ear's perked up when LBJ announced he was going back to Cleveland.

Love would've been gone for scraps by now, likely.

It's a perfect storm with Chicago being in the same division, Lebron signing a 2 year deal, hes 30, etc.

Good post, I agree that the perfect storm is exactly why the stakes are high.

Good for wolves and its fans I guess.

Cocaine80s
07-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Inb4 Love to golden state

Hoopz2332
07-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Another pathetic lebron b.tchboy.

Rent free

:rockon:

:yaohappy:

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 08:03 PM
now sam amico reporting that his cavs sources are saying wiggins has not been offered. :confusedshrug:

nobody knows sh*t.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:24 PM
now sam amico reporting that his cavs sources are saying wiggins has not been offered. :confusedshrug:

nobody knows sh*t.

What the FCK is going on then?

We could be getting smoke screened for something much bigger or different than what we've been discussing :eek:

FatComputerNerd
07-31-2014, 08:32 PM
What the FCK is going on then?

We could be getting smoke screened for something much bigger or different than what we've been discussing :eek:

Hopefully nothing.

We don't need Love. People need to stop sleeping on Anthony "Bust" Bennett, and I couldn't care less who Lebron wants on the team. He isn't the GM or coach, just a player...

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Hopefully nothing.

We don't need Love. People need to stop sleeping on Anthony "Bust" Bennett, and I couldn't care less who Lebron wants on the team. He isn't the GM or coach, just a player...

Again U rather team lose or would rather wait 3,4,5 years and MAYBE win a championship instead of being a Top 3 NBA team for at least the next 5 years. Your losing mentality is pathetic actually. Wake up.

FatComputerNerd
07-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Again U rather team lose or would rather wait 3,4,5 years and MAYBE win a championship instead of being a Top 3 NBA team for at least the next 5 years. Your losing mentality is pathetic actually. Wake up.

Obv. I want us to win, but not at the expense of our future, or watching AB (and/or Wiggins) blossom into all-stars elsewhere.

I think we are already a top team w/o love if we can bring in a serviceable center to back up AV.

Heck, I'm still pissed we got rid of Zeller. He was also starting to show a lot of promise.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Hopefully nothing.

:applause:

I got trolled the FCK out of for suggesting the same thing. I called a lebron fan out for being inconsiderate to cavs fans, then the lebron army came in :lol

Anyways, I think future wise, your team shouldn't trade away their young talent. If they get love without losing Wiggins? Then they should do it.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Obv. I want us to win, but not at the expense of our future, or watching AB (and/or Wiggins) blossom into all-stars elsewhere.

I think we are already a top team w/o love if we can bring in a serviceable center to back up AV.

Heck, I'm still pissed we got rid of Zeller. He was also starting to show a lot of promise.

The guy above you only cares about what's good for lebron. They always use the "don't you want to win now?" Line of thinking...

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:52 PM

With love, I still think the bulls will take you out this year.

There's no guarantee now either.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Something I suspect to be noticeably less than what it is now.

Cavs want love pretty bad right now. They don't want lebron to be disappointed.

a) You have absolutely no reason to believe that

other than

b) of course the eventually accepted trade package would be larger than the initial offer...same could be said for probably every trade in nba history...it's how negotiation works

and let's not forget your actual quote:

How on earth is a trade "centered around the #1 overall pick" "far less attractive" than Wiggins Bennett 1st (late 1sts dont have much value)..."deal centered around the #1 overall pick" literally means that it's Wiggins+ for Love...which is essentially what it's going to be

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:01 PM

other than

b) of course the eventually accepted trade package would be larger than the initial offer...same could be said for probably every trade in nba history...it's how negotiation works

Well i have a reason to believe that because of the lebron factor and the pressure of keeping him happy will likely raise the stakes significantly In a trade.

Doesn't that make logical sense? I thought we have already established that...

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 09:06 PM
i'm really not worried in the least bit that Lebron is going to leave.

Not only did he pretty much say he's not expecting to win one right away and that he knows there will be growing pains, him bolting cleveland AGAIN would be another PR nightmare he doesn't want. He's going to retire a cav.

What the f*ck else is he gonna do? NY? LA? Houston? c'mon. People need to chill with this Lebron holding the cavs hostage BS. It's not 2010 anymore.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:08 PM

other than

and let's not forget your actual quote:

How on earth is a trade "centered around the #1 overall pick" "far less attractive" than Wiggins Bennett 1st (late 1sts dont have much value)..."deal centered around the #1 overall pick" literally means that it's Wiggins+ for Love...which is essentially what it's going to be

There are other factors to consider;

1) Wolves offloading a bad contract or two

2) how many picks will be included

3) what players will be in the package

4) wolves holding more leverage now that lebron is pushing for this to happen

Depending on whatever has been offered in the past, a combinqtion of all these factors will come Into play.

I just have reason to believe that since lebrons arrival and his desire to have love on the team, the offer got that much sweeter and significantly more in wolves favor.

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 09:08 PM
With love, I still think the bulls will take you out this year.

There's no guarantee now either.

Depends on How Cavs Roster shakes out.. Who they give up and get back in Love trade.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Depends on How Cavs Roster shakes out.. Who they give up and get back in Love trade.

If cavs get dieng and don't give up Wiggins, I'll be pissed I wont lie :lol

FatComputerNerd
07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
If cavs get dieng and don't give up Wiggins, I'll be pissed I wont lie :lol

Call me crazy but I honestly think I'd be more upset if we gave up AB than Wiggins. :confusedshrug:

Either way, 2 consecutive #1 draft picks is too much to give for Love, good tho he may be...and that's even if we did get Dieng back in the deal.

secund2nun
07-31-2014, 09:18 PM
Wiggins is a future bust. Trade him while his value is high.

LBJ 23
07-31-2014, 09:19 PM
i'm really not worried in the least bit that Lebron is going to leave.

Not only did he pretty much say he's not expecting to win one right away and that he knows there will be growing pains, him bolting cleveland AGAIN would be another PR nightmare he doesn't want. He's going to retire a cav.

What the f*ck else is he gonna do? NY? LA? Houston? c'mon. People need to chill with this Lebron holding the cavs hostage BS. It's not 2010 anymore.

My thoughts excatly

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 09:38 PM
There are other factors to consider;

1) Wolves offloading a bad contract or two
Martin's contract is good...Barea is an expirer...neither are bad deals and neither affect anything other than Gilbert's pockets

2) how many picks will be included

3) what players will be in the package
Cavs can't offer more than 2 first rounders iirc....and i thought we were going on the assumption that the deal is Wiggins + Bennett + 1st round pick(s)

4) wolves holding more leverage now that lebron is pushing for this to happen
Well no duh if Love is willing to re-sign with the team he's going to they can get a better deal...

I just have reason to believe that since lebrons arrival and his desire to have love on the team, the offer got that much sweeter and significantly more in wolves favor.
You actually have no reason to believe this. you can think it but there isn't any actual evidence of this...The Cavs offered a package "centered" around the #1 overall pick prior to getting LeBron or drafting Wiggins...You know what sounds like a package centered around the #1 overall pick? Wiggins+Bennett+1st..

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Call me crazy but I honestly think I'd be more upset if we gave up AB than Wiggins. :confusedshrug:

Either way, 2 consecutive #1 draft picks is too much to give for Love, good tho he may be...and that's even if we did get Dieng back in the deal.

It might be waiters or Thompson and not AB.

I have no idea now what will happen, only that I know Cleveland will trade for love.

As a bulls fan, I'll Be worried if you sure up your defense and I think an guy like dieng can do that.

While I don't rate Wiggins that highly, he would thrive playing alongside the best player in the league.

I'm not so sure we could stop cavs if they have Wiggins as another weapon, plus dieng helping backup varejao on defense.

poido123
07-31-2014, 09:53 PM

You're acting like adding players like AB or waiters to the deal isn't a significant offer upgrade :oldlol:

Centered around the number 1 deals could of started at #1 with Thompson and now the deal could end up Wiggins waiters AB and Thompson + 1st picks...

See the difference there?

Then you could add martin or barea which may not even be in cavs plans and might already be interfering with waiters if waiters isn't in the deal. Plus Irving and dellavedova are already there so barea is useless to them really, just added salary...

It makes logical sense that the lebron factor has heavily influenced the urgency to get love. Which will affect what the cavs are willing to give up noticeably, how do you not understand that?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 10:00 PM
You're acting like adding players like AB or waiters to the deal isn't a significant offer upgrade :oldlol:
Never even mentioned Waiters...As far as Bennett goes yeah...hes not really valuable...he's not worth nothing but i probably wouldnt trade terrence ross for him...

Centered around the number deals could of started at #1 with Thompson and now the deal could end up Wiggins waiters AB and Thompson + 1st picks...
straw man...There is 0% shot that will be the deal... the reported deal is Wiggins Bennett 1st...

See the difference there?

It makes logical sense that the lebron factor has heavily influenced the urgency to get love. Which will affect what the cave are willing to give up noticeably, how do you not understand that?
It makes logical sense from the POV that Love now will commit long term with LeBron there and therefore trade discussions are much more serious...there is no indication that lebron is forcing the cavs front office to get him though and this is somehow hurting their negotiating position

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:08 PM

Lebron played GM the last time he was there, what makes you think he hasn't been in managements ear about love? The reports from credible sources have suggested lebron wanting love on the team...

Remind me not to trust your judgment of players talent in the future. Saying AB is basically worthless? Come on now

If you trust the reported pieces of the trade, its only fair that I assume that lebron is pushing this trade...

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Lebron played GM the last time he was there, what makes you think he hasn't been in managements ear about love? The reports from credible sources have suggested lebron wanting love on the team...
He played the GM the off-season he was leaving..maybe...not really before that...and no doubt he wants to play with Love, i just said there is no evidence that he's forcing a trade or hurting their position

Remind me not to trust your judgment of players talent in the future. Saying AB is basically worthless? Come on now
Where on earth did i say he's "worthless"... i said he doesn't have that much value around the league and that I wouldnt trade Terrence Ross for him...

Honestly I wouldn't trade any starter off my team for him

If you trust the reported pieces of the trade, its only fair that I assume that lebron is pushing this trade...

Proposed trade before the draft: Wiggins++, deal now: Wiggins Bennett 1st rounder...sounds about the same to me

I notice you always change the other person's argument...you're either intentionally straw-manning or you severely lack reading comprehension

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:28 PM

But how are you making a fair argument if you are throwing hypotheticals in, but you won't let me do the same??

This board is for opinion and I take yours and my posts as opinion, we honestly don't know with 100% certainty what's going on or what will happen.

No trade value around the league? I beg to differ. Anyone who watched Bennett in the summer league will know that he has vastly improved. He has value, you're speculating that he doesn't...

Bennett will be a player. I'm a scout myself, I can see with my very own eyes what I'm sure most other scouts in the NBA and teams concerned can see in him.

Anyways, you're not the type to take the L on anything. You will keep arguing when you're wrong so wish you the best champ.

I appreciate the discussion, but I think we will not agree.

El Gato Negro
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM

nobody knows sh*t.
This was the last legit cavs news i heard as well. guess people will be shocked when they get love without him.

FatComputerNerd
07-31-2014, 10:40 PM
It might be waiters or Thompson and not AB.

I have no idea now what will happen, only that I know Cleveland will trade for love.

As a bulls fan, I'll Be worried if you sure up your defense and I think an guy like dieng can do that.

While I don't rate Wiggins that highly, he would thrive playing alongside the best player in the league.

I'm not so sure we could stop cavs if they have Wiggins as another weapon, plus dieng helping backup varejao on defense.

Waiters needs to stay too. While I like him, I could handle losing TT if we got Dieng back, but...I still say we should sit pat. Wiggins, AB, and Dion should all be un-touchable. ESPECIALLY if both LBJ and Love could walk after one year. We'd be idiots to do this...

navy
07-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Wiggins and Bennett are not going to get real minutes on a championship caliber team. Get real. If you dont want Love, might as well trade them for something useful.

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 10:54 PM
From Real GM message boards FWIW.. Rather get Dieng but Brewer gives Cavs another Wing Defender and Running mate on Breaks with Lebron.

The bozo Chris Hernandez -- who's been arguing with everyone that the Cavs were going to keep Wiggins -- tweeted this about 45 mins ago:

Chris Hernandez ‏@ChrisHern3

Kevin Love deal 100% done. Cavs get Love and Brewer. Give up Wiggins, Bennett, pick

navy
07-31-2014, 11:37 PM
From Real GM message boards FWIW.. Rather get Dieng but Brewer gives Cavs another Wing Defender and Running mate on Breaks with Lebron.

The bozo Chris Hernandez -- who's been arguing with everyone that the Cavs were going to keep Wiggins -- tweeted this about 45 mins ago:

Kevin Love deal 100% done. Cavs get Love and Brewer. Give up Wiggins, Bennett, pick
https://twitter.com/ChrisHern3

RoundMoundOfReb
07-31-2014, 11:41 PM
But how are you making a fair argument if you are throwing hypotheticals in, but you won't let me do the same??

You can use hypotheticals...just don't make my argument something it isn't...and dont act like those hypotheticals are facts

No trade value around the league? I beg to differ. Anyone who watched Bennett in the summer league will know that he has vastly improved. He has value, you're speculating that he doesn't...

Bennett will be a player. I'm a scout myself, I can see with my very own eyes what I'm sure most other scouts in the NBA and teams concerned can see in him.
He doesn't have no value..he has almost no value....i watched him in summer league he looked okay but nothing special...pretty awful on defense...and his problem is that in the NBA he's a tweener in a man's world..he can't bully them...in SL he can

Anyways, you're not the type to take the L on anything. You will keep arguing when you're wrong so wish you the best champ.

I appreciate the discussion, but I think we will not agree.

If you lay out facts and an argument as to why i'm wrong and you're right i will admit it...but you havent posted a single fact...my argument is based on reports from people like woj...yours is just 100% opinion

JimmyMcAdocious
07-31-2014, 11:46 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisHern3

:lol Random, but I'm reminded of when this kid created a website and twitter account to troll a bunch of college fans about Wiggins' recruitment. Shit lasted months, I think, and he had major publications quoting him.

Barely anyone knows anything about this stuff. Even places like ESPN and CBS are often paraphrasing each other's made up rumors.

Kingwillball
07-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Saw another site reporting same trade in last hour so whatever. It's as believable as any of the other trades that have been rumored.

TheMilkyBarKid
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM

That sounds horrible, may as well try get dieng if they're giving up that much young (I know unproven) talent