PDA

View Full Version : Meticode Video: Believeland

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Just a snippet of the upcoming Cavaliers 2014-15 season, nothing special, just some clips gathered together to give fans hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti1jzQeYNsw

Also my old Irving Phantom video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xvqobdNVc

Jameerthefear
07-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Always wanted to do something like this for Orlando. What did u use to make it?

GODbe
07-30-2014, 08:31 PM
:facepalm Leaveland:facepalm

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Always wanted to do something like this for Orlando. What did u use to make it?
Sony Vegas 13

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Good work meticode. The voice-over was well executed.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Good work meticode. The voice-over was well executed.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrba3kZrSY1qhrq0p.gif

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:43 PM
I'll do my best to keep this thread troll-free. When a person actually takes time to create something, they deserve at least that much.

Mr. Incredible
07-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Nice job OP.

STATUTORY
07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
was the voiceover meant to be ironic?

choose the toughest challenge

play on a team with 4 top 3 picks

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Cavs fan since '49 since '14

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:50 PM
was the voiceover meant to be ironic?

choose the toughest challenge

play on a team with 4 top 3 picks
Versus leaving a team that made 4 straight Finals to go to a 33 win team with a brand new coach a brand new GM. Yes, it's the tougher challenge to win a championship there.

DukeDelonte13
07-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Nice video. Good work meti.

:applause: :applause:

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Hmmm...

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 08:52 PM
lol jameer keeps getting deleted by RBA

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Keep it up, Jameer, and you will be banned. Fair warning.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
No one respond to Jameer. I can't sit here all night and delete his posts. Just pretend like he's not there, because he soon will not be.

Thanks.

russwest0
07-30-2014, 08:56 PM
RBA :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

So when Cleveland fans say "we don't want LeBron back" after he leaves and then get all excited about their future with Wiggins, we can't question them now?

Okay pal :oldlol:

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:57 PM
I can't believe I gave a legit reply to him when he asked about software, then he proceeds to troll my own thread. I've lost any respect I had for him now. I'm done. Prema-ignored.

imnew09
Negged. Where was this video when Lebron was gone, when fans needed it the most? Smh. Fken shame

DukeDelonte13
is anybody planning on going to the opener?

RedBlackAttack

So when Cleveland fans say "we don't want LeBron back" after he leaves and then get all excited about their future with Wiggins, we can't question them now?

I know trolling when I see it. There's a time and a place for that debate. This isn't the thread for it. Plenty of other LeBron/Cavs threads where you can pester people. I don't really think I'm asking too much.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 08:58 PM

You're missing the point, no one has a problem with your opinions, it's that you're derailing my thread and being rude.

Meticode
Haven't set foot in the state of Ohio for almost 6 years.

robert de niro
great video, that epic music always gets me pumped up

raprap
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Good job. :cheers:

Mr. Incredible
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
You're missing the point, no one has a problem with your opinions, it's that you're derailing my thread and being rude.
He's a cockroach basically.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Negged. Where was this video when Lebron was gone, when fans needed it the most? Smh. Fken shame
I actually made 3 videos after LeBron left, although I don't have them anymore. One video was a LeBron tribute about 6 months after his decision to the song Band of Horses - The Funeral. My second video was a Irving Mix, my third video was a Irving Mix with Phantom camera work.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Good job. :cheers:
Thank you.

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm considering it... likely would be a spur of the moment thing, though.

poido123
07-30-2014, 09:03 PM
F*ck Cleveland.

Always one thoughtless shit in every thread...

Not the time nor the place fearjameerthequeer. :no:

Meticode
07-30-2014, 09:04 PM
great video, that epic music always gets me pumped up
:rockon:

DukeDelonte13
07-30-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm considering it... likely would be a spur of the moment thing, though.

i probably gotta shell out some bucks to do it but it will be one of the most memorable moments in cleveland sports history.

poido123
07-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Keep it up, Jameer, and you will be banned. Fair warning.

Pleeeease do it.

Good job on the video Meticode :applause:

Exciting season ahead for both our ballclubs...

Meticode
07-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Pleeeease do it.

Good job on the video Meticode :applause:

Exciting season ahead for both our ballclubs...
Hopefully it will be fun to watch, win or lose.

russwest0
07-30-2014, 09:13 PM
So any criticism of Cleveland is now "derailing a thread" about them?

Goddamn, where was my help anytime I made an OKC thread :lol :lol :lol

You're supporting a "super team" now. They get criticized from time to time. It happens.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 09:15 PM

You're supporting a "super team" now. They get criticized from time to time. It happens.
Thanks man! :applause:

poido123
07-30-2014, 09:17 PM

Russ, they don't care if you do it in other threads, but they specifically asked for zero trolling in this one, since its about a video made, not discussing the team as such...

:cheers:

russwest0
07-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Russ, they don't care if you do it in other threads, but they specifically asked for zero trolling in this one, since its about a video made, not discussing the team as such...

:cheers:

Lol I know but they are only provoking the behavior by caring that much about it. People try to shit on OKC, Durant, and Westbrook all the time in my threads regardless of what they are about, but I don't care :oldlol:

iTare
07-30-2014, 09:53 PM
pretty mediocre editing.
but it was pretty cool

Meticode
07-30-2014, 10:00 PM
pretty mediocre editing.
but it was pretty cool
I don't do a ton of editing, it's not needed.

iTare
07-30-2014, 10:01 PM
I don't do a ton of editing, it's not needed.
Okay m8

inclinerator
07-30-2014, 10:02 PM
hi wayne

Meticode
07-30-2014, 10:03 PM
hi wayne
Hello.

TylerOO
07-30-2014, 10:17 PM

I am. Trying my ass off to get tickets. I already started looking at flights to Cleveland :oldlol:

poido123
07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
I am. Trying my ass off to get tickets. I already started looking at flights to Cleveland :oldlol:

Are you gonna wear your miami lebron jersey to the game?

TylerOO
07-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Are you gonna wear your miami lebron jersey to the game?

No way. I dusted off my old Cleveland LeBron that was in my closet. That arena is gonna be unreal that night.

Meticode
07-30-2014, 10:27 PM
No way. I dusted off my old Cleveland LeBron that was in my closet. That arena is gonna be unreal that night.
:rockon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFr4MP7Tjo

RedBlackAttack
07-30-2014, 10:27 PM

Come on, Russ. You're not being reasonable here.

First, this is the most lightly moderated NBA message board you will find on the Internet, at least among those with medium-to-high daily traffic. We actually go out of our way to allow the board to moderate itself the vast majority of the time (with mixed results, admittedly). If you're trying to paint the picture of this place being ruled with an iron fist, you and I both know that's just not true.

Second, I don't come on here to moderate or to delete posts or to try to keep in line people who are either incapable of civil conversations or are just trolling. I come on here to talk about basketball, which is what I do 99.999% of the time in the Main Forum. I do the very light moderating just as a service to the board when I see something that I think it out-of-line. Outside of that, I'm usually just a normal poster here, just like everyone else. It isn't possible to be a fulltime moderator on here with the relatively few of us and the little power that we have. In general, this place is the wild west and I'm usually cool with that.

Third, I knew as soon as LeBron made his decision that a certain amount of criticism would come with it and the Cavs would be under a constant microscope. I had my own misgivings about it. It comes with the territory... obviously I know that. We've been down this road before in Cleveland and it will be even more intensified now with Kevin Love probably coming over too.

I'm simply saying that this isn't the thread for the pointless trolling or the criticisms of LeBron or whatever. If you have a criticism about the video specifically, feel free to voice it. But, I personally feel like turning this into every other Cavs/LeBron thread will discourage people who took some time to try something different and are trying to be a little creative. I like the idea that regulars here will do things like create videos, photoshops, etc. It adds to the quality of the board/community, whether you like the particular video or not.

That's really the extent of it.

Is that so unfair? Let's not make this more than it is.

poido123
07-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Its a fair site and I am under no illusion that I push the envelope sometimes as do you Russ as well :lol ...

Anyways, back on topic.

Meticode, is this something you do for a living? Or just a side hobby kind of thing...

You obviously have a talent for it.

What kind of response from your audience do you want when making a video? Do you have a bias or side you take when creating it...

Jameerthefear
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Its a fair site and I am under no illusion that I push the envelope sometimes as do you Russ as well :lol ...

Anyways, back on topic.

Meticode, is this something you do for a living? Or just a side hobby kind of thing...

What kind of response from your audience do you want when making a video? Do you have a bias or side you take when creating it...
*slurp slurp*

Meticode
07-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Anyways, back on topic.

It's more of a hobby. Sometimes when I have time and boredom sets in I try to make pieces that are simple and that string an emotion. I wish I still had my LeBron James: Cleveland Tribute video. I think that was my best video I've made and it was my first from 4 years ago, six months after LeBron left. Maybe I'll try to find it on a hard-drive and re-upload it.

Doranku
07-30-2014, 10:52 PM

Yeah I'm getting tickets as soon as they're up for sale.

poido123
07-30-2014, 11:02 PM
It's more of a hobby. Sometimes when I have time and boredom sets in I try to make pieces that are simple and that string an emotion. I wish I still had my LeBron James: Cleveland Tribute video. I think that was my best video I've made and it was my first from 4 years ago, six months after LeBron left. Maybe I'll try to find it on a hard-drive and re-upload it.

Did you put that video up on youtube? Do you remember how many hits it got?

I'd say keep up the good work, obviously there are people who appreciate it on here so no reason to stop :cheers:

Meticode
07-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Did you put that video up on youtube? Do you remember how many hits it got?

I'd say keep up the good work, obviously there are people who appreciate it on here so no reason to stop :cheers:
It had like 10,000 views, that any my Irving Phantom, I actually found my re-edited Irving Phantom video, I'm re-uploading it right now actually. I'll let you know when it's up here in like 20-30 mins. I love that piece I did as well. RBA's major complaint about it when I did it was "Irving does Irving, maybe do Waiters or something." :lol Powerful piece IMO.

poido123
07-30-2014, 11:37 PM
It had like 10,000 views, that any my Irving Phantom, I actually found my re-edited Irving Phantom video, I'm re-uploading it right now actually. I'll let you know when it's up here in like 20-30 mins. I love that piece I did as well. RBA's major complaint about it when I did it was "Irving does Irving, maybe do Waiters or something." :lol Powerful piece IMO.

:lol

Waiters would be interesting...that would be pretty cool, he's one of the most exciting players in the league when gets on a scoring run :applause:

Meticode
07-30-2014, 11:38 PM
:lol

Waiters would be interesting...that would be pretty cool, he's one of the most exciting players in the league when gets on a scoring run :applause:
I wish the NBA would do some Phantom shots of Waiters. Video should be up in like 20 minutes or so.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 12:11 AM
My Irving Phantom Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xvqobdNVc

poido123
07-31-2014, 12:19 AM
My Irving Phantom Mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xvqobdNVc

Will check it out when my data resets :lol

In Australia, we have data limits...:(

Meticode
07-31-2014, 12:20 AM
Will check it out when my data resets :lol

In Australia, we have data limits...:(
:biggums: When does your "data" reset?

poido123
07-31-2014, 12:25 AM
:biggums: When does your "data" reset?

Start of the month so tomorrow here :cheers:

KyleKong
07-31-2014, 12:31 AM
If LeBron never left Cleveland

No Wiggins

No Irving

LeBron so great to the Cavs organization

Inferno
07-31-2014, 12:32 AM
What'd Jameer do?

Meticode
07-31-2014, 12:36 AM
What'd Jameer do?
Nothing.

KyleKong
07-31-2014, 12:38 AM
For real though, good video.

Kinda seemed to be a slight against LeBron though, which as I stated previously, if it wasn't for LeBron leaving Cleveland, they would never have a legit championship roster.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 12:42 AM
For real though, good video.

Kinda seemed to be a slight against LeBron though, which as I stated previously, if it wasn't for LeBron leaving Cleveland, they would never have a legit championship roster.
It's the truth.

Im Still Ballin
07-31-2014, 02:52 AM
Great video wayne.

I believe. Land.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Great video wayne.

I believe. Land.
Thanks you.

Meticode
08-01-2014, 03:49 PM
One last bump for those interested.

9erempiree
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Not a very good video if you watch it in context.

It looks like a slight jab at Lebron.