PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant a Phony?

NumberSix
07-31-2014, 07:08 PM
This guy seems like a super passive aggressive guy who's whole public image is a front. Do you think he's real or a fake?

J Shuttlesworth
07-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Well he was one of the players with the highest techs in the league last year

Dude cheated on his girlfriend

Hangs out w/ scum like justin bieber

He's a good basketball player, but he's definitely not the "humble nice guy" that he tries to portray as his image

Lebronxrings
07-31-2014, 07:12 PM
yep, his whole good guy image is fake. I don't know why he is so loved, while good, genuine men are hated on.

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 07:13 PM
yep, his whole good guy image is fake. I don't know why he is so loved, while good, genuine men are hated on.
Examples?

J Shuttlesworth
07-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Examples?
Giannis

NumberSix
Ok, so Durant is obviously a phony.

But.....

Is he a KNOWN phony?

NumberSix
Examples?
Chris Bosh

Hey Yo
07-31-2014, 07:16 PM
Read today where he's ditching the backpack (said it comes off as juvenile) and also said he was deleting twitter access from his phone.

outbreak
07-31-2014, 07:17 PM
Chris Bosh
Bosh is disrespected but he isn't really hated on

NumberSix
07-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Bosh is disrespected but he isn't really hated on
Shane Battier. Dude is the definition of an upstanding citizen but a lot of fans REALLY hate the guy.

outbreak
07-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Shane Battier. Dude is the definition of an upstanding citizen but a lot of fans REALLY hate the guy.
I like Battier but he earned his hate with his game style, a lot of people don't like guys who do things behind play and aggravate like he does. I understand why people don't like him.

J Shuttlesworth
07-31-2014, 07:21 PM
I like Battier but he earned his hate with his game style, a lot of people don't like guys who do things behind play and aggravate like he does. I understand why people don't like him.
People like Lance Stephenson when he does things behind play, but since Battier was on the heat, people hate him

NumberSix
07-31-2014, 07:21 PM
I've had enough of your anti Heat agenda.

inclinerator
07-31-2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc

outbreak
07-31-2014, 07:26 PM
People like Lance Stephenson when he does things behind play, but since Battier was on the heat, people hate him
People also hate Stephenson much like they hate Battier. Battier has been in the league longer too.

Lebronxrings
07-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Examples?
http://i.imgur.com/nU678k9.jpg

outbreak
I've had enough of your anti Heat agenda.
I say Bosh isn't hated and he is disrespected, that I like Battier and suddenly I have an anti heat agenda? :biggums:

Battier has had people hating him for long before he went to the heat. He's actually been one of my favourite players since I started watching him more in Houston. He's always been the kind of player where a lot of people love him if he's on their team and hate him if he isn't.

J Shuttlesworth
:lol :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

chazzy
07-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Not sure, but NumberSix is a known fraud (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341962)

Inferno
07-31-2014, 07:38 PM

:applause:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Well he was one of the players with the highest techs in the league last year

Dude cheated on his girlfriend

Hangs out w/ scum like justin bieber

He's a good basketball player, but he's definitely not the "humble nice guy" that he tries to portray as his image
Every NBA player cheats

this nikka prolly thinks Ray Allen and Lebron have never cheated:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

russwest0
07-31-2014, 08:47 PM
There are multiple stories of him doing classy, humble shit.

Some camera operator slipped while winding up wire in the OKC stands and Durant came over and told him that he was going to take him to the back, and he did and had him x rayed and he had a broken finger that they got fixed.

There's also someone who posted a story about how Durant one summer balled at the gym they went to and Durant would always invite him to help them with the drills and was real cool and friendly with the guy and would always talk to him at the gym if he saw him

Plus instantly donating one million of his dollars to help the tornado relief in OKC, and not even announcing the news himself.

Plus his MVP speech was the classiest of all time... 25 minutes of nothing but thanking his teammates, coaches, management, and family.

I guess it's just all an act though :confusedshrug:

Akrazotile
07-31-2014, 09:00 PM
When he first came into the league he was a young kid with bad acne who hadnt achieved anything yet. Its easy to be humble in that sort of situation. I dont think there was anything forced about it, I think thats legit who he was.

Since then he has achieved more, has become a higher profile player, and hes just gotten older. Its natural for him to evolve away from being the boy next door. Doesnt mean hes a bad guy. It is what it is.

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 09:04 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-31-2014, 09:19 PM
When he first came into the league he was a young kid with bad acne who hadnt achieved anything yet. Its easy to be humble in that sort of situation. I dont think there was anything forced about it, I think thats legit who he was.

Since then he has achieved more, has become a higher profile player, and hes just gotten older. Its natural for him to evolve away from being the boy next door. Doesnt mean hes a bad guy. It is what it is.
HE still has bad acne :lol :lol :lol :lol
he not a diva like other stars

Lebronxrings
07-31-2014, 09:23 PM
There are multiple stories of him doing classy, humble shit.

Some camera operator slipped while winding up wire in the OKC stands and Durant came over and told him that he was going to take him to the back, and he did and had him x rayed and he had a broken finger that they got fixed.

There's also someone who posted a story about how Durant one summer balled at the gym they went to and Durant would always invite him to help them with the drills and was real cool and friendly with the guy and would always talk to him at the gym if he saw him

Plus instantly donating one million of his dollars to help the tornado relief in OKC, and not even announcing the news himself.

Plus his MVP speech was the classiest of all time... 25 minutes of nothing but thanking his teammates, coaches, management, and family.

I guess it's just all an act though :confusedshrug:
i'm pretty sure in the first story, it was ibaka not durant.

iznogood
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Funny, I was asking myself the same question. Does anybody remember how cheap his sneakers used to be? There was a story behind it. Him not wanting the shoes to cost over 100 $ was supposed to be a part of his deal with Nike. Now his shoes cost 150 $ and the elites are most likely going to cost over 200 $. People are paying hundreds of dollars for exclusive colourways of his sneakers.

Then there was Nike's viral marketing campaign where they made up a fake youtube account under the name kd35sneighbour and had a kid who claimed to be Durant's neighbour recording videos which made Kevin Durant look like a really nice guy. It was pretty obvious viral marketing and the Nike dropped it when it became obvious this is just another Nike advertisement.

He's also fool of tattoos, but doesn't have any on his arms or his other visible body parts, preserving the good guy image.

So I don't know if this makes him a phony, but I think his image is being protected very carefully.

russwest0
07-31-2014, 10:28 PM
i'm pretty sure in the first story, it was ibaka not durant.

no, Ibaka saw a man who crashed on a motorcycle and stopped to help him.

that was a different story

navy
07-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Yes and No.

Durant has yet to establish a real identity.

Sometimes he plays up this nice guy Christain act, other times he's out smoking, getting hidden tattoos albeit Christain ones.

Remember when he was an assassin? The Kevin Durant is not nice campaign?

Then he tries to go back to being a nice guy while saying he cant be the slim reaper he has to be the servant?

I have no idea with this guy. He needs to be himself.

Dresta
07-31-2014, 10:42 PM
Can't stand his whiney, emotional bullshit.