PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mason Plumlee likey to make Team USA over DeMarcus Cousins

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 08:04 PM
http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/31/mason-plumlee-demarcus-cousins-usa-basketball

Cocaine80s
07-31-2014, 08:05 PM
****ing duke bias

Lebronxrings
07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
**** that shit

Smook A.
07-31-2014, 08:07 PM
That's bullshit.

Duggrr
07-31-2014, 08:07 PM
inb4 Stephen A. Smith rant

raprap
07-31-2014, 08:08 PM
El o el

niko
07-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Cousins reportedly is mad he's not featured enough on offense, etc. For the role of "big who will probably not play 95% of the time", Plumlee is a much better pick. He'll be engaged, play hard, never complain, even if he plays 5 minutes here adn there.

Jameerthefear
07-31-2014, 08:09 PM
whhaaat?

navy
07-31-2014, 08:09 PM
lol

UK2K
07-31-2014, 08:10 PM
Dukie helping out a Dukie.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Bullshit, give boogie a run.

It's A VC3!!!
07-31-2014, 08:13 PM
DMC is a much better offensive player than Plumlee but the USA team doesn't need offense. They need defense, rebounding and hard work. Plumlee fills those agendas. He is a great fit for the USA team because he will run the floor very well, rebound his ass off, not ask for the ball and willingly set as many picks as needed. Plumlee had a great year for the Nets. Who would have thought that he would have ever been a USA team invitee? Major props to him.

The JKidd Kid
07-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Cousins reportedly is mad he's not featured enough on offense, etc. For the role of "big who will probably not play 95% of the time", Plumlee is a much better pick. He'll be engaged, play hard, never complain, even if he plays 5 minutes here adn there.

This, not to mention that Plumlee is a better defender and has played under Coach K before. This isn't saying that Demarcus isn't a good player, it's saying that he's a nutcase that no one wants to deal with.

niko
07-31-2014, 08:19 PM
DMC is a much better offensive player than Plumlee but the USA team doesn't need offense. They need defense, rebounding and hard work. Plumlee fills those agendas. He is a great fit for the USA team because he will run the floor very well, rebound his ass off, not ask for the ball and willingly set as many picks as needed. Plumlee had a great year for the Nets. Who would have thought that he would have ever been a USA team invitee? Major props to him.
Cousins is a better rebounder than Plumlee. He's also arguably a harder worker. Plumlee just isn't a problem. Cousins might be a problem, and give you nothing. Plumlee will not do that. Plus Coach K likes him better.

I know this is going to be Net fans arguing somehow Plumlee is better than Cousins, let's be realistic and not drink so much kool aid. Plumlee couldn't even get on the court in the playoffs last year he was so lost.

christian1923
07-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Cousins is a dickhead lol lets not act surprised. TEAM USA, already has the most talented squad, just gotta get winners in there

niko
07-31-2014, 08:20 PM
This, not to mention that Plumlee is a better defender and has played under Coach K before. This isn't saying that Demarcus isn't a good player, it's saying that he's a nutcase that no one wants to deal with.
Plumlee isn't a better defender than Cousins. The only two things he is better at is being a better human being and being a better friend of Coach K. I'd pick him too but if this is going toward game situations Plumlee being better I disagree. Cousins has become a really really good player.

AboutBuckets
07-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Ugh I was hoping this would be the type of opportunity to help Boogie get his act together. Typical.

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 08:25 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/29/plumlee-gives-usa-another-big-option/

DeMarcus Cousins is a beast, but ultimately, the staff has to be able to trust him, both in regard to dealing with officials and in making decisions with the ball. During a scrimmage on Tuesday, Cousins punched a wall pad out of frustration as the ball went the other way in transition. It was something that would go mostly unnoticed in an NBA game, but that stuff registers with the staff. He has great skills, but USA bigs don’t need to play one-on-one.

It's A VC3!!!
07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Cousins is a better rebounder than Plumlee. He's also arguably a harder worker. Plumlee just isn't a problem. Cousins might be a problem, and give you nothing. Plumlee will not do that. Plus Coach K likes him better.

I know this is going to be Net fans arguing somehow Plumlee is better than Cousins, let's be realistic and not drink so much kool aid. Plumlee couldn't even get on the court in the playoffs last year he was so lost.

This isn't a Plumlee vs. DMC debate. You lack reading comprehension if my post distinguishes that. I said that Plumlee is a better fit for Team USA for several reasons. The primary reason being that Plumlee won't ask for the ball on offense and seek to help the team out in other ways. DMC is going to ask for the ball and stall the offense. Of course the Plumlee and Coach K connection helps a lot too. But Plumlee is an ideal fit for this team.

ProfessorMurder
07-31-2014, 08:29 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/29/plumlee-gives-usa-another-big-option/

Oh f*ck them. Why is it bad for someone to have emotions?

niko
07-31-2014, 08:30 PM
This isn't a Plumlee vs. DMC debate. You lack reading comprehension if my post distinguishes that. I said that Plumlee is a better fit for Team USA for several reasons. The primary reason being that Plumlee won't ask for the ball on offense and seek to help the team out in other ways. DMC is going to ask for the ball and stall the offense. Of course the Plumlee and Coach K connection helps a lot too. But Plumlee is an ideal fit for this team.
You said Plumlee is a better rebounder and defender and works harder. I disagreed.

Rake2204
07-31-2014, 08:30 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/29/plumlee-gives-usa-another-big-option/Is there any other stories suggesting as to what is responsible for Cousins' possible demotion? If the reports are true, I am assuming it goes beyond playing basketball, as mentioned in your link. USA has seemed pretty stingy about attitudes and behavior, and perhaps rightfully so.

The JKidd Kid
07-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Plumlee isn't a better defender than Cousins. The only two things he is better at is being a better human being and being a better friend of Coach K. I'd pick him too but if this is going toward game situations Plumlee being better I disagree. Cousins has become a really really good player.

Plumlee is not a better overall player than cousins but he is a better and more consistent defender than him. Cousins lack of athleticism, length and most importantly lack of effort when the ball isn't in his hands is what makes him worse. I know you want to paint all Nets fans as delusional, but we're not. If Plumlee wasn't better for team USA on the court as well as off, then he wouldn't have made the team.

JohnFreeman
07-31-2014, 08:39 PM
wtf, why punish passion?

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 08:58 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 08:59 PM
Is there any other stories suggesting as to what is responsible for Cousins' possible demotion? If the reports are true, I am assuming it goes beyond playing basketball, as mentioned in your link. USA has seemed pretty stingy about attitudes and behavior, and perhaps rightfully so.

I've been posting Team USA's notes on the team's scrimmages:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349347

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349477

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349567

This seems to be the most telling quote:

[QUOTE]It

russwest0
07-31-2014, 09:01 PM
If Cousins didn't have a big ego then he would probably make the team.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 09:03 PM
This doesn't surprise me. When you play in international play your player needs to have control of the emotions in huge situations. Cousins hasn't shown this and he let's his temper get the best of him.

So **** his talent, **** his 23/12 season, **** his abilities, if he can't keep his head straight he ain't going.

I love his competitive mentality, especially with being buddy-buddy with players during games and not liking it, but his immaturity gets the best of him a lot of times too.

CelticBaller
07-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Get boogie on the team ****

Meticode
07-31-2014, 09:04 PM
If Cousins didn't have a big ego then he would probably make the team.
http://cdn.thewire.com/img/upload/2013/01/21/obamathumbsup.gif

oh the horror
07-31-2014, 09:07 PM
wtf, why punish passion?

His issue has never been his passion. People seem to like his passion. His problem is his ability to use it in a pressure situation to the best of his abilities. He seems to get frustrated a lot and his attitude shows

russwest0
07-31-2014, 09:07 PM
I do wanna see Stephen A make this about race though :lol :lol :lol

If he goes on a rant about this someone make a thread for it because I want to watch it

Akrazotile
07-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Plumlee is not a better overall player than cousins but he is a better and more consistent defender than him. Cousins lack of athleticism, length and most importantly lack of effort when the ball isn't in his hands is what makes him worse. I know you want to paint all Nets fans as delusional, but we're not. If Plumlee wasn't better for team USA on the court as well as off, then he wouldn't have made the team.

This is called "The Carmelo Philosophy"

If a player is more capable as an iso-scorer on offense, people will regularly label him as a "better" player than an all around guy, but then say the all around guy is a better "fit" somewhere or theyd rather take him because he works harder, or is smarter, or does multiple things etc.

This mentality that you cant say Noah is better than Carmelo or Plumlee is better than Boogie, or hell Duncan is better than MJ is basically just the result of how intensely the media has glorified iso scoring and highlights. But actually theyre simply not very meaningful in basketball.

I wish people would stop doing that. "Well, so and so isnt as good as Cousins, but I would rather have so and so." Well, that pretty much does mean hes better. Period. Stop being intimidated by silly and misguided public perception.

ProfessorMurder
07-31-2014, 09:28 PM
His issue has never been his passion. People seem to like his passion. His problem is his ability to use it in a pressure situation to the best of his abilities. He seems to get frustrated a lot and his attitude shows

We've never seen him in a "pressure situation" in the pros. People are just hedging their bets with him because they're PC d-bags.

ottooooooo
07-31-2014, 09:31 PM
good, give it to the white guy :applause:

Fudge
07-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Good, dude's a ticking time bomb. Immature prick.

noob cake
07-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't need boogie.

Let me call some team USA offense for you. Why do you need any post scoring when all you need are screens for Curry, Klay, Irving, Durant, George 3 point shots...

I seriously could live with Curry and Durant firing off 3 pointers on every possession.

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm not on anybody's side here and I can understand Plumlee's selection. The team has more than enough talent.

But Team USA has had a guy like Charles Barkley represent the Olympic team twice (even after the Angola incident) and had probably more on and off court problems than Cousins had during his playing career. I know he was a better talent overall than Cousins, but if it's just about attitude, than it's inconsistent towards Cousins not being selected.

I'm going to assume this isn't just a chemistry problem, but sign of different times.

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 09:53 PM
This doesn't surprise me. When you play in international play your player needs to have control of the emotions in huge situations. Cousins hasn't shown this and he let's his temper get the best of him.

So **** his talent, **** his 23/12 season, **** his abilities, if he can't keep his head straight he ain't going.

I love his competitive mentality, especially with being buddy-buddy with players during games and not liking it, but his immaturity gets the best of him a lot of times too.

then Chris Paul should have never been a member of Team USA

Meticode
07-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Two totally different players and attitudes. What a stupid ****ing post you made.

russwest0
07-31-2014, 10:03 PM

He's immature but not to the point where it's a distraction, as far as I know.

stalkerforlife
07-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Cousins has gotten coaches fired and players benched. When things aren't going his way, he pouts and quits. He puts up meaningless stats, so far, on a horrendous team. Jimmer, IMO, could've thrived in Sacramento, but Cousins made sure he didn't.

I will laugh if Plumlee makes it over him, but I don't hope for his downfall.

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
He's immature but not to the point where it's a distraction, as far as I know.

Why did Barkley make the Olympic team in 92 ? Why did he make it again in 96 after the Angola incident during 92 ?

Is it just different philosophies from the squads back then to the current one ?

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:08 PM
Two totally different players and attitudes. What a stupid ****ing post you made.

both are extremely hot tempered. And let there emotions effect their games. I would say the CP3 has had more of a history than Boogie thus far in their careers. CP3s biggest weakness is his temper.

Getting mad and throwing himself around looking for fouls in crucial moments of a game...losing his temper and fouling guys after turnovers...getting full of himself and looking for fouls on 80 foot 3s for no reason...CP3 has mad shitty decision every time he has been tested in pressure situations. Most of the time it has to do with his temperament. Its just that he is small and has a nice smile. Everyone just forgets about all the cheapshots, I think he actually did it in international competition as well.

edit: yea, he gave a low blow in international comp. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/08/07/dirty-is-as-dirty-does-nba-style-too/
-the same kind of low blow he gave to Julius Hodge and has one in the NBA. Guy is dirty and has a horrible temper and it sabotages every team he is part of.

navy
07-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Wat is this in control of your emotions shit? The US is going to be blowing out teams and in the games that arent blowouts Cousins isnt going to see the court unless he's playing well.

Fine dont take Cousins. But Plumlee? Come on man.

masonanddixon
07-31-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm always amazed by how overrated hotheaded players get by casual fans. Demarcus Cousins ****ing sucks.

Plumlee will perform his role well and not overstep his boundaries. Quit acting like this is some sort of grave injustice.

kidd2dwill
07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
:rockon: happy for mason

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Why did Barkley make the Olympic team in 92 ? Why did he make it again in 96 after the Angola incident during 92 ?

Is it just different philosophies from the squads back then to the current one ?

Coach K doesn't want to run ANY post offense. He just wants to spread the floor and run pick and roll and shoot threes. Cousins is a post up player and is best doing that. This is prob why this is happening. This only works because team USA is why more talented than everyone else.

But this year, without Lebron or Kobe it may different. We'll see...

noob cake
07-31-2014, 10:15 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/31/usa-camp-day-3-notes/

[QUOTE]I will say that Plumlee was the most vocal big man in the scrimmage. You can see the Kevin Garnett influence, because he

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/07/31/usa-camp-day-3-notes/

Yeah, that was in the notes I posted too. When I was listening to the broadcast for Day 2, they had very similar things to say about Kenneth Faried's contribution on defense and being vocal with teammates as well.

MavsPoke
07-31-2014, 10:21 PM
WOW.

Race card been played yet?

ProfessorMurder
07-31-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm always amazed by how overrated hotheaded players get by casual fans. Demarcus Cousins ****ing sucks.

Yeah, 22.7 / 11.7 / 2.9 / 1.5 / 1.3 on 50% in 32 minutes as an okay defender is f*cking garbage.

Yet, 26.1 / 12.5 / 4.4 / .8 / .5 on 46% in 36 minutes without defense is worth giving up half you team for because Bran likes him.

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:23 PM
they also better hope that Plumlee is ready(I think he might be) because if Davis gets in foul trouble they are gonna realize how useless Drummond will be in international play because of his free throw shooting. Remember, Plumbee is also a shitty free throw shooter.

masonanddixon
07-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, 22.7 / 11.7 / 2.9 / 1.5 / 1.3 on 50% in 32 minutes as an okay defender is f*cking garbage.

Yet, 26.1 / 12.5 / 4.4 / .8 / .5 on 46% in 36 minutes without defense is worth giving up half you team for because Bran likes him.

Yes, Kevin Love (because he's white) literally plays no defense while Cousins (who is black) is an ok defender even though he sucks on defense...

Cousins has been in the league now 5 seasons and has led his team to a top 2 worst record in the West every season. Thats why he ****ing sucks.

Oh but he pouts like a 2 year old and cusses a lot so he must be good.

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Yes, Kevin Love (because he's white) literally plays no defense while Cousins (who is black) is an ok defender even though he sucks on defense...

Cousins has been in the league now 5 seasons and has led his team to a top 2 worst record in the West every season. Thats why he ****ing sucks.

Oh but he pouts like a 2 year old and cusses a lot so he must be good.

are you actually trying to insinuate that Love is a good defender?

33teeth
07-31-2014, 10:33 PM
An awful lot of uninformed d-bags posting in here when it comes to Cousins.

If they choose Plumlee over him I hope Cousins plays for Nigeria or something and just absolutely destroys the US "bigs" like he does to Davis most every time I recall them playing.

masonanddixon
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
are you actually trying to insinuate that Love is a good defender?

Not saying he's great but i am absolutely saying people exaggerate any weaknesses of his because he's white. Much like Lebron was an absolutely garbage defensive player on Cleveland, I am 100% certain Love will suddenly improve once the media makes a campaign for him on that end when he's surrounded by better players.

It's almost assumed whenever casual fans mention the defensive capabilities of a white player.

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
An awful lot of uninformed d-bags posting in here when it comes to Cousins.

If they choose Plumlee over him I hope Cousins plays for Nigeria or something and just absolutely destroys the US "bigs" like he does to Davis most every time I recall them playing.

Would love to see him with Lithuania or Greece. Id be all for this!

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Not saying he's great but i am absolutely saying people exaggerate any weaknesses of his because he's white. Much like Lebron was an absolutely garbage defensive player on Cleveland, I am 100% certain Love will suddenly improve once the media makes a campaign for him on that end when he's surrounded by better players.

It's almost assumed whenever casual fans mention the defensive capabilities of a white player.

I have watched more T-Wolves games than most people here because Rubio is my second favorite player. Love is a bad defender....he doesn't care and takes shortcuts. All he is worried about is grabbing rebounds, he doesn't give a shit about the rest of that end of the floor.

andremiller07
07-31-2014, 10:39 PM
As a Kings fan I hope it's true Cousins should not be wasting his time playing in piss weak tournaments anyway, we need him fresh for the season not fatigued cause he played in some shit tourny which means nothing.

If your a franchise player you should not be risking injury at these crap WC and Olympics

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-31-2014, 10:39 PM
He plays defense
y not

navy
07-31-2014, 10:40 PM

:biggums:

Nobody exaggerates his weakness. He just flat out sucks on defense. Not only does he not give real effort he is undersized so he cant guard his position and he is flat footed so he cant guard other positions. Horrible combination.

Love is at least talked about like a top 10-15 NBA player. Some even put him top 5. Cousins has never gotten that mention despite his good stats now has he?

33teeth
07-31-2014, 10:42 PM
As a Kings fan I hope it's true Cousins should not be wasting his time playing in piss weak tournaments anyway, we need him fresh for the season not fatigued cause he played in some shit tourny which means nothing.

If your a franchise player you should not be risking injury at these crap WC and Olympics

Cousins needs and wants the experience around quality players in a quality system. Don't kid yourself.

Meticode
both are extremely hot tempered. And let there emotions effect their games. I would say the CP3 has had more of a history than Boogie thus far in their careers. CP3s biggest weakness is his temper.

Getting mad and throwing himself around looking for fouls in crucial moments of a game...losing his temper and fouling guys after turnovers...getting full of himself and looking for fouls on 80 foot 3s for no reason...CP3 has mad shitty decision every time he has been tested in pressure situations. Most of the time it has to do with his temperament. Its just that he is small and has a nice smile. Everyone just forgets about all the cheapshots, I think he actually did it in international competition as well.

edit: yea, he gave a low blow in international comp. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/08/07/dirty-is-as-dirty-does-nba-style-too/
-the same kind of low blow he gave to Julius Hodge and has one in the NBA. Guy is dirty and has a horrible temper and it sabotages every team he is part of.
I don't stand corrected in this post.

masonanddixon
:biggums:

Nobody exaggerates his weakness. He just flat out sucks on defense. Not only does he not give real effort he is undersized so he cant guard his position and he is flat footed so he cant guard other positions. Horrible combination.

Love is at least talked about like a top 10 NBA player Cousins has never gotten that mention despite his good stats now has he?

He's like 6'9''-6'10'' so he can guard the 4 spot fine if he needs to...Cousins get a lot of hype for someone who has never done shit. Love just gets talk because of his triple doubles and big numbers but it's obvious he's not that great. The problem is the league is at its worst level of talent in a very long time so he is top 10-15 by default.

andremiller07
07-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Cousins needs and wants the experience around quality players in a quality system. Don't kid yourself.
Nope no he doesn't beating up on inferior opposition is not doing anything for anyone. Dude has always had stamina issues wasting energy both mental/physical on something that does not matter will not help him

IGOTGAME
I don't stand corrected in this post.

Hopefully, you learned something.

iznogood
Wow, this is shocking to me! I have my doubts about Cousins, but Plumlee is a scrub. I don't think he'll be able to play any meaningful minutes in a competitive international game.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Hopefully, you learned something.
Like I said...

I DON'T stand corrected.

SamuraiSWISH
07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Boogie did it to himself with his immaturity. Bad look for Team USA, even if talent wise he deserves to be there. Same reason Dennis Rodman, and Artest would never see a national team jersey. Plus, it's dat Duke connection with Plumlee.

G-train
07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Lets be real.
Cousins is basically an all-star player, and Plumlee is a role player.
There is no argument as to who should be on the team.

navy
07-31-2014, 10:49 PM
He's like 6'9''-6'10'' so he can guard the 4 spot fine if he needs to...Cousins get a lot of hype for someone who has never done shit. Love just gets talk because of his triple doubles and big numbers but it's obvious he's not that great. The problem is the league is at its worst level of talent in a very long time so he is top 10-15 by default.
He's not 6-9, 6-10. He's clearly shorter than that, they just lie about his height so he wont appear undersized. But he is. Absolutely no length either so he cant contest or block shots either. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34789/kevin-love-and-height-liars-in-shoes
Kevin Love has zero defensive attributes and gives no effort.

That has nothing to do with him being white. This is about him as a player.

Cousins has 0 all star teams and got no all nba mentions. And he put up 23/12. Get out of here with that shit. His hype level is appropriate. It's non existent.

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Like I said...

I DON'T stand corrected.

like I said, hopefully you learned a little about CP3 temperament and history in college, the NBA and FIBA basketball. You obviously didn't know.

G-train
07-31-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm presuming that Drummond has already made it if Plumlee is being considered?

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm presuming that Drummond has already made it if Plumlee is being considered?

wonder what happens when Drummond just starts getting hacked everytime he touches the ball?

Meticode
07-31-2014, 10:53 PM
wonder what happens when Drummond just starts getting hacked everytime he touches the ball?
International fans will either cheer at the weakness of the U.S. or start booing.

G-train
07-31-2014, 10:55 PM

Yeah I see that Plumlee brings that pristine FT shooting lol

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah I see that Plumlee brings that pristine FT shooting lol

exactly lol. Its could be a shit show. You bring two bigs who can't make a free throw and a center who is skinny like a twig. If they start calling the game loose then USA could get man handled by a stronger team. A Durant/Davis frontcourt is bound to get foul trouble if they ever face Spain.

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 11:01 PM
exactly lol. Its could be a shit show. You bring two bigs who can't make a free throw and a center who is skinny like a twig. If they start calling the game loose then USA could get man handled by a stronger team. A Durant/Davis frontcourt is bound to get foul trouble if they ever face Spain.
Which is why I still think putting KD and PG at the 4 is retarded. They a have franchise player PF and C...use them.

Rose
PG
Durant
Davis
Cousins

Who the hell is beating that?

IGOTGAME
07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Which is why I still think putting KD and PG at the 4 is retarded. They a have franchise player PF and C...use them.

Rose
PG
Durant
Davis
Cousins

Who the hell is beating that?

Coach K just relies on the talent he has. Its an easy system to coach. Imo they only have to win one game each year and that is against Spain. The rest of the stats don't mean anything to me.

Coaching a team with two bigs would actually require a real offense. Something he may not think the team could grasp in limited time, to be fair. What he runs now is a junk offense that only works because the NBA players are bigger, stronger and faster.

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:27 PM
If Cousins isnt getting on the court and getting touches he will most likely bitch and moan, its not hard to understand why he isnt gonna get picked.

niko
07-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Plumlee was completely useless against Miami because they went at him (he's a good weak side defender, terrible one on one defender) and ignored him on defense because he has no jumper. Cousins makes more sense talent wise. Plumlee only makes sense because if Cousins doesn't play, i'm not sure he's ready when he's called, i think he's more angry he doesn't play enough and floats.

I agree with whoever said it, i hate when the Knicks are in international tournaments. Its funny, if you look on twitter this is like the greatest thing ever if Plumlee makes it, but for Hardaway Knicks fans are glad he's done before he gets hurt.

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:31 PM
Lets be real.
Cousins is basically an all-star player, and Plumlee is a role player.
There is no argument as to who should be on the team.

Neither is gonna be in top 3 or even 4 players on the team so take the dude who will fit the team concept over the guy who will likely throw a ****ing tantrum when he isnt getting his.

G-train
07-31-2014, 11:41 PM
:bowdown:
Neither is gonna be in top 3 or even 4 players on the team so take the dude who will fit the team concept over the guy who will likely throw a ****ing tantrum when he isnt getting his.

Plumlee is not good enough to play. He is not a good player in the NBA.
This is about the second big man on the team, not a bench warmer.
I would say there is zero chance of a Cousins tantrum in this situation.
This aint the Kings.

Things will be hard enough as is for USA, without playing a guy that would't make half of the teams going. Especially if Davis gets ANY sort of injury.

I foresee an incoming Bronze medal. Mucking around too much.

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:42 PM

I would say there is zero chance of a Cousins tantrum in this situation.This aint the Kings.

Things will be hard enough as is for USA, without playing a guy that would't make half of the teams going. Especially if Davis gets ANY sort of injury.

The coaches disagree. Dude is punching pads in practice because the ball goes the other way, thats a childs reaction.

oh the horror
07-31-2014, 11:44 PM
In all fairness though do we know if Cousins has exhibited any disgruntled behavior thus far in terms of touches and or playing time on this squad? Sorry if I missed any links.

ukfan22
07-31-2014, 11:45 PM
Dude is punching pads in practice because the ball goes the other way.

He hates losing

someday someone will tell me why this is a bad thing, it hasn't happened yet though

oh the horror
07-31-2014, 11:46 PM
He hates losing

someday someone will tell me why this is a bad thing, it hasn't happened yet though

A lot of people hate losing dude. But in life do you scream and yell and hit things or do you get up and hustle your ass off quietly and show everyone?

G-train
07-31-2014, 11:48 PM
The coaches disagree. Dude is punching pads in practice because the ball goes the other way, thats a childs reaction.

Wouldn't call that a tantrum. Seen original dream teamers act worse.
That's the problem, this is about PR.
NBA wants the world to see a clean product, to make more money.
Will cost them success in this tournament.

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:48 PM
He hates losing

Nothing wrong with hating losing, but when hates not being the man and he is trying to play on a team where there are several vastly superior players, it could be a problem. Why take the risk for your bench 5?

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:50 PM
A lot of people hate losing dude. But in life do you scream and yell and hit things or do you get up and hustle your ass off quietly and show everyone?

Exactly.

wakencdukest
07-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Did this actually come out of Coach K's mouth?

BigMacAttack
07-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Wouldn't call that a tantrum. Seen original dream teamers act worse.
That's the problem, this is about PR.
NBA wants the world to see a clean product, to make more money.
Will cost them success in this tournament.

:lol

You are on one if you think not picking Boogie will cost the USA.

And the dream team was 20years ago, hardly relevant.

Im not American bra so I would loooove for pretty much any country to beat you guys but I dont see this being a major factor. If it even happens that is, just reports at this stage.

steve
08-01-2014, 12:02 AM

What the hell are you talking about it in regards to Paul. Ignore any crunch time numbers in the NBA but he's the crunch time point guard for the National team in the last two Olympics. Everyone who watches/follows/coaches basketball trusts him with the game on the line in any context.

Nets fan 93
08-01-2014, 12:02 AM

I would say there is zero chance of a Cousins tantrum in this situation.
This aint the Kings.

If Kyle Korver is good enough to make it Plumlee is definitely good enough to make it. He was so a good player in the NBA. He started a lot of games and was great off the bench for KG.

33teeth
08-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Nothing wrong with hating losing, but when hates not being the man and he is trying to play on a team where there are several vastly superior players, it could be a problem. Why take the risk for your bench 5?

Yawn. There are not any vastly superior big men. Or any.

ukfan22
08-01-2014, 12:08 AM

He doesn't work in an office, he plays sports for a living

There is no one on the team "vastly superior" to Cousins, he's been one of the best players in camp by all reports. All of this talk about "well he doesn't fit the role they want", then why even invite him? Did they think at any point he was going to play like Plumlee plays? And why shouldn't he show up and try and change their mind about our apparent playing style of just shoot 50 threes a game? Basketball isn't just about guards.

BigMacAttack
08-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Yawn. There are not any vastly superior big men. Or any.

did I say Bigmen or players? Keep yawning moron.

I<3NBA
08-01-2014, 12:09 AM
They need Cousins.

BigMacAttack
08-01-2014, 12:12 AM
He doesn't work in an office, he plays sports for a living

There is no one on the team "vastly superior" to Cousins, he's been one of the best players in camp by all reports. All of this talk about "well he doesn't fit the role they want", then why even invite him? Did they think at any point he was going to play like Plumlee plays? And why shouldn't he show up and try and change their mind about our apparent playing style of just shoot 50 threes a game? Basketball isn't just about guards.

This is just a report, it might not be right..

If it is though he doesnt need to play like Plumlee, just needs a similar attitude. He could be a big assest to the team with his skills if he wasnt worried about touches etc but IF he is acting out because of it in training then I understand picking a lesser player with a better attitude.

aboss4real24
08-01-2014, 12:17 AM
if dmc was white would he miss the team ?

Fudge
08-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Cousins ain't shit, tbh. Dude's just not fit to play TEAM ball...lol much less USA ball. Dude's too much of a headcase. Talented, but a headcase.

MavsPoke
08-01-2014, 12:28 AM
As a Kings fan we need him fresh for the season

Why? So you can NOT have the most ping-pong balls in the West?

NattyPButter
08-01-2014, 12:33 AM
need his big body when going up against the Gasols. Plumlee would get ass raped by those two...he's not experienced enough.

andremiller07
08-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Why? So you can NOT have the most ping-pong balls in the West?
Cause hes the only player on the squad worth watching atm

hawkfan
08-01-2014, 12:42 AM
This is a joke.

bdreason
08-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Looking at the roster it seems like both guys should make it.

If team USA wants an extra big for teams like Spain... I would rather have Cousins than Plumlee.

Im Still Ballin
08-01-2014, 04:25 AM
This is a ****ing disgrace.

He is the best center in the league.

andremiller07
08-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Mason Plumlee would not beat out Jason Thompson or Reggie Evans for playing time on the Kings lol.

D-Rose
08-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Plumlee did play for K at Duke, so familiarity is probably a factor. Team USA doesn't need scoring from him, they know that he can be the scrappy big that cleans up.

I'd still go with DMC, but I sure do trust this coaching staff to make the best decisions for the team.

GimmeThat
08-01-2014, 08:19 AM
if they both make the team.

I just know that it's difficult for the coaches to get this message across sometimes.

"it's about who's out on the court finishing out the games"

alenleomessi
08-01-2014, 08:56 AM
this
not even going to bother reading the rest of the pages

davis 25/drummond 15
durant 30/farried 10

there is also milsap..

dunksby
08-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Coach K doesn't want to run ANY post offense. He just wants to spread the floor and run pick and roll and shoot threes. Cousins is a post up player and is best doing that. This is prob why this is happening. This only works because team USA is why more talented than everyone else.

But this year, without Lebron or Kobe it may different. We'll see...
Team USA already has enough offensive threats, they need a role player to put up screens and do the dirty work something DMC would never do. And in 2010 a 20 year old KD won it with a bunch of other younglings and Tyson at the 5.

Mr Exlax
08-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I bet Dwight would have made it. Best center in the NBA by a landslide.

GimmeThat
08-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Team USA already has enough offensive threats, they need a role player to put up screens and do the dirty work something DMC would never do. And in 2010 a 20 year old KD won it with a bunch of other younglings and Tyson at the 5.

that doesn't sound like a very good reason as to why any team should not have attacking the basket in their game plan in the 4th quarter.

6-8 minutes left on the clock with a fresh DMC in the game for some buckets.

that's a luxury that many other teams do not have.

HomieWeMajor
08-01-2014, 10:42 AM
lol @ this scrub making the team over DMC. Gotta sell them Team USA shirts in Wisconsin doe.

Real14
08-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Cousins will make it bro. Who scares opponents more? DMC or Mason Plumz? Think about that shit for a sec:coleman:

Nets fan 93
08-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Mason Plumlee would not beat out Jason Thompson or Reggie Evans for playing time on the Kings lol.
Funny how Evans was not even in the rotation in Brooklyn before he was traded to the kings. While mason started and came off the bench with a lot of minutes. So yeah, you're probably right....:rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
need his big body when going up against the Gasols. Plumlee would get ass raped by those two...he's not experienced enough.
How many minutes is Plumlee gonna even play? Drummond and Davis would be above him in the rotation.

ralph_i_el
08-01-2014, 11:05 AM
So much plumlee hate.
Every team needs guys who will do the dirty work. Cousins is just going to pout if he's not getting his touches anyways.

Plumlee is a really good young player and he's getting a lot of disrespect in this thread. At least he hustles back on D

Team USA has enough scorers. Plumlee won't play mutch and when he does he's going to be freeing dudes up with nasty screens and dives to the rim.

In a vacuum, cousins is a more valuable player. Doesn't mean I'd rather have him has my 5th big.

Real14
08-01-2014, 11:07 AM
So much plumlee hate.
Every team needs guys who will do the dirty work. Cousins is just going to pout if he's not getting his touches anyways.

Plumlee is a really good young player and he's getting a lot of disrespect in this thread. At least he hustles back on D
Plumlee is a solid role player but DMC iz a future great center.

boozehound
08-01-2014, 11:15 AM
How many minutes is Plumlee gonna even play? Drummond and Davis would be above him in the rotation.
Why are people assuming drummond makes the team? Everything I am reading suggests he wont make the team. Meaning it will be Davis and then whichever of these two they take

bagelred
08-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I need to be an NBA scout. First couple times saw him play on Nets I was impressed and I knew this was a smart pick right away.

Sure enough, now on Team USA. I like to think I had something to do with it.....

Jlamb47
08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
The main reason there choosing Plumlee is cuz there not playing them big minutes. Davis will be playinf 30+ minutes they need energy off the bench to play minimun minutes. Cousins isnt good for international ball.

ralph_i_el
08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
:confusedshrug:
Plumlee is a solid role player but DMC iz a future great center.

I AGREE

But team USA needs a solid role player at that spot. Having great 1st option scoring skills is not important to this team that has Durant, Rose, Curry, Davis ext ext...

They need a guy that does what plumlee does and cousins doesn't. Plumlee is the superior defensive player. He hustles. He doesn't bitch and whine. He knows his role on offense.

Cousins is really talented on offense and is a great rebounder. If you aren't building the squad around his post presence then why bother to bring him? :confusedshrug:

robert de niro
08-01-2014, 11:36 AM
exactly what ralph_i_el said, this is not the all-star, plumlee is a better fit in this situation

Real14
08-01-2014, 11:57 AM
:confusedshrug:

I AGREE

But team USA needs a solid role player at that spot. Having great 1st option scoring skills is not important to this team that has Durant, Rose, Curry, Davis ext ext...

They need a guy that does what plumlee does and cousins doesn't. Plumlee is the superior defensive player. He hustles. He doesn't bitch and whine. He knows his role on offense.

Cousins is really talented on offense and is a great rebounder. If you aren't building the squad around his post presence then why bother to bring him? :confusedshrug:

How many Centers do this team have at this time?

Legends66NBA7
08-01-2014, 12:07 PM
How many Centers do this team have at this time?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt6aBi0IYAAm0Yf.png

Real14
08-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Exactly my point.

kaiteng
08-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Gimme DeRozan so I have a better reason to watch.

Real14
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Gimme DeRozan so I have a better reason to watch.
stand by your man bro:lol

kentatm
08-01-2014, 01:47 PM
This isn't a Plumlee vs. DMC debate.

yup

Its a DeMarcus vs Boogie debate.

He has only himself to blame if he doesn't make the team.

Take Your Lumps
08-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I need to be an NBA scout.

No, you don't...it sounds awful (http://grantland.com/features/nba-scout-school-las-vegas-summer-league-fran-fraschilla-dallas-mavericks-new-york-knicks/). :D

wang4three
08-01-2014, 02:15 PM
international players like to goad and play dirty. can see demarcus getting ticked off and punching someone in the face.

PP34Deuce
08-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Definitely not about color. It's about attitude and past.

This is the problem when you show disrespect to coaches in the past and players. He really has turned a corner maturity wise but past issues will haunt him. Coaches are a Fraternity. Willing to bet Coach K has called passed coaches.

I don't feel bad for him. He's younger by a couple years than Plumlee and more talented. The next one he will be 28-29 and in his prime.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
international players like to goad and play dirty. can see demarcus getting ticked off and punching someone in the face.

then why invite him to camp?

that same thing didnt seem to matter when Chris Paul had a history of throwing low blows and did it in international competition. Didn't matter when Chuck did it. Pretty sure overall character isnt being taken into consideration when scum like Harden will be on the team.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2014, 03:06 PM

thing most people dont get about these competitions. 90% of the games really don't matter. The only games that matter are against the top teams and that is where they may need DC. They should win, but it isn't a given. They have an insane amount of shooting so it looks good. They just are very thin.

D-Rose
08-01-2014, 03:10 PM
then why invite him to camp?

that same thing didnt seem to matter when Chris Paul had a history of throwing low blows and did it in international competition. Didn't matter when Chuck did it. Pretty sure overall character isnt being taken into consideration when scum like Harden will be on the team.
Coach K said in an interview that DMC is struggling with the team's style. He would be the back up center and get maybe 1-2 post ups a game. He can't run the floor like the rest of the guys there. I understand the Plumlee pick honestly. Give me DMC personally, but Plumlee is a fine role player to play maybe 10 minutes a game.

tontoz
08-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Cousins is mad. What a shocker.

IGOTGAME
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Coach K said in an interview that DMC is struggling with the team's style. He would be the back up center and get maybe 1-2 post ups a game. He can't run the floor like the rest of the guys there. I understand the Plumlee pick honestly. Give me DMC personally, but Plumlee is a fine role player to play maybe 10 minutes a game.

again, then why bring him? you knew who he was. if you don't want a post player then don't bring him. Don't bring Tim Duncan and try to turn him into Amare Stoudamire

Fudge
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is a bitch.

niko
08-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Before we start rationalizing this is basketball reasons and not personality, Plumlee was glued to the bench in the Miami series once they figured him out. No one covered him, and on offense you go right at him and don't leave him weak side. In this thread he's slowly becomign better and better and better.

D-Rose
08-01-2014, 03:26 PM
again, then why bring him? you knew who he was. if you don't want a post player then don't bring him. Don't bring Tim Duncan and try to turn him into Amare Stoudamire
They're likely going to carry DMC, Drummond, and Plumlee for another 2-3 weeks through the exhibition games and evaluate the in game performances before fully deciding.

robert de niro
08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
if they can get batum to do this, imagine boogie :oldlol:

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/633216458.gif

smoovegittar
08-01-2014, 07:19 PM
IMO, Plumlee is the best player on the Nets currently. Tremendous upside if he stays healthy. Great kid!

Grinder
08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
if they can get batum to do this, imagine boogie :oldlol:

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/633216458.gif

Exactly. This Spanish team gets under other players' skin more than any international team I've seen. A technical/flagrant is more punitive in FIBA than the NBA and DMC could easily be baited into it during a championship game.

Not a huge fan of Plumlee making this roster either way, heck I think his brother would be a better fit.

HomieWeMajor
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Plumlee got intangibles doe

http://m3.img.srcdd.com/farm5/d/2014/0124/20/A223B57DFA730401AC3898D45CE8E7A1_ORIG_504_275.gif

HomieWeMajor
09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/vh6yvc.jpg

navy
09-14-2014, 03:37 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/vh6yvc.jpg
:roll:

HomieWeMajor
09-14-2014, 03:41 PM
What's the difference between Mason Plumlee and VC3's sister ?
Plumlee will not be seeing any action tonight

andremiller07
09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Lol I can't believe the amount of idiots that tried to argue this was the right move and saying Cousins can't play D which he was excellent on the whole tourny and he was the best passing big man on the roster despite being a so called black hole.

Shit even Coach K realised he was the #1 Big on the roster in the final game.

JohnFreeman
09-14-2014, 10:56 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

andremiller07
09-14-2014, 11:12 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
John are you seeing what I'm seeing?

Summer League Champs - World Champs........ only one thing left for the Kings bro :bowdown:

JohnFreeman
09-14-2014, 11:15 PM
John are you seeing what I'm seeing?

Summer League Champs - World Champs........ only one thing left for the Kings bro :bowdown:
Making the playoffs! :oldlol:

andremiller07
09-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Making the playoffs! :oldlol:
Nah Pre-season Champs :roll:

HomieWeMajor
11-08-2014, 08:24 AM
My boy Boogie clowning them haters :applause:

4 Inches
01-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Where that Plum at doe ?