PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy or unhappy with your team's offseason so far?

niko
07-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Cav fans you can't play. You are happy. Let me help you.

Me, happy. I like the Calderon trade (I'll miss Chandler but it doesn't set a bad precedent to send away people who want out AND we got rid of Fat Ass) and we seem to have a direction. And Phil Jackson was one of the GM (Presidents) who actually mentioned the cap increases for the next two years coming as reasons not to fear the contract so much. (As much as $20M more). Shows he's up on things.

Basically if we did nothing and at least had a direction we are better off than usual.

Inferno
07-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Happy. Hoping we can still get a backup big though.

christian1923
07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Im not happy, this Knicks roster still sucks.

MrC1991
07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Ecstatic.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Very happy.

We even added an Australian :rockon:

Already discussed the new players, I think we have a big year ahead...

niko
07-31-2014, 08:31 PM
Im not happy, this Knicks roster still sucks.
Then you're a moron, you want them to do a total temporary rebuild and use up our flexibility going forwarD?

russwest0
07-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Cav fans you can't play. You are happy. Let me help you.

Me, happy. I like the Calderon trade (I'll miss Chandler but it doesn't set a bad precedent to send away people who want out AND we got rid of Fat Ass) and we seem to have a direction. And Phil Jackson was one of the GM (Presidents) who actually mentioned the cap increases for the next two years coming as reasons not to fear the contract so much. (As much as $20M more). Shows he's up on things.

Basically if we did nothing and at least had a direction we are better off than usual.

I think that Cleanthony Early was a great pick for you guys as well.

For OKC I'm happy with our personnel changes and upset at the lack of a coaching change.

Shedding Fisher, Butler, and Sefolosha while adding Anthony Morrow will do wonders for us. However we still have Brooks coaching the team and that is a problem.

Cocaine80s
Very happy.

We even added an Australian :rockon:

Already discussed the new players, I think we have a big year ahead...
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/Mr.Glass.jpg

poido123
Then you're a moron, you want them to do a total temporary rebuild and use up our flexibility going forwarD?

He's probably unhappy the Knicks spent all that money on melo.

That's what I'd be pissed about.

DaSeba5
07-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Could have been a lot worse all things considering.

Legends66NBA7
Re-signed all 3 of our key players free agents, added 3 rookies for the future, added 2 good rotation players for the bench, lots of cap space for next season, and probably not finished making moves for the roster.

Happy.

niko
He's probably unhappy the Knicks spent all that money on melo.

That's what I'd be pissed about.
That's not what he said. He said he wanted a better roster. How do you remove Anthony and (right now, not future) get a better roster? Without the Nets quick **** IT rebuild that kills you forever?

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:36 PM

For a team that lost lebron, you guys did remarkably well.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:37 PM
That's not what he said. He said he wanted a better roster. How do you remove Anthony and (right now, not future) get a better roster? Without the Nets quick **** IT rebuild that kills you forever?

Not better now, but down the track by not resigning melo.

poido123
07-31-2014, 08:39 PM
Re-signed all 3 of our key players free agents, added 3 rookies for the future, added 2 good rotation players for the bench, lots of cap space for next season, and probably not finished making moves for the roster.

Happy.

Solid.

You couldn't ask for more :cheers:

The east has definitely picked up their act, I expect a lot more competitive teams now.

outbreak
07-31-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm reserving my opinion until after I see how things pan out. This off season could either be disastrous or great.

christian1923
07-31-2014, 08:40 PM
I didn't say I wanted them to pull a nets. Lol I'm just not happy with the team there was nothing phil could have done to make me happy, the team just blows.

And yeah I'm not happy about melo making 28 when he's 35 either :coleman:

Unless Phil can pull off getting Marc Gasol and another stud next offseason then I don't see the point of having melo for that much money. Rather just have a full rebuild.

D-FENS
07-31-2014, 08:42 PM
Celtics, A-, so pretty happy

We added Marcus Smart who has all-star potential, and James Young (we could have added Gary Harris).

We also stole Thornton and Zeller.

To get an A+, we need to trade Rondo and draft Gary Harris over Young

Warfan
07-31-2014, 08:43 PM
Solid offseason so far...

Happy. Hoping we can still get a backup big though.

What do you think bout Elton Brand??

Inferno
07-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Solid offseason so far...

What do you think bout Elton Brand??

I'd be fine with him :applause:

NuggetsFan
07-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Really happy. I was worried with all the injuries last year the Nuggets might go into the off season not looking to do much and stand pat. Alot of people had Nurkic and Harris to Denver at #11 and with a trade they managed to pick them both up. Got great value on AA, and for a team like Denver about as good of a player as you can realistically expect.

All in all really good one for Denver. I would have preferred them drafting LaVine at 11 and only thing I'd change, but can't complain about what they did.

EricGordon23
07-31-2014, 09:52 PM
As long as we still have Josh smith It will be a unhappy off season for me.

fragokota
07-31-2014, 09:56 PM

^^
This.

Meticode
07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
http://enjoytherandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/UOgGx.gif

It's A VC3!!!
07-31-2014, 10:02 PM
i'm not really happy because paul pierce transformed into one of my favorite players. i love his passion and fight for the game and you don't see that too often in many players. now we have three great players and neither talk or have any physical fight in them. we got bounced in the first round vs. the bulls two years ago because we were soft. people are over-expecting a coach to instill toughness into those players but i doubt it really happy. another likely first round exit situation. will be a fun season but mikhail is paying way too much for first/second round exits.

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
I climaxed the moment Jabari was drafted.

qrich
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm happy about it.

We lost Collison and Green, with Turkoglu and Hollins being a question mark, while adding Farmar, Wilcox and Hawes.

poido123
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
I climaxed the moment Jabari was drafted.

If you had a jabari avatar, I would've believed you...:pimp:

BallsOut
07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
1) Missed out on Melo (who is on the wrong side of 30 and redundant with Kobe)
2) Replaced unhappy Pau Gasol with Carlos Boozer for just 3 mill salary
3) Drafted Julius Randle (ceiling is Randolph/Odom hybrid)
4) Replaced injury riddled Jordan Farmar with Jeremy Lin on an expiring contract and got a free 1st round pick
5) Re-signed Nick Young + Jordan Hill (two of the Laker's best young players)
6) Signed underrated Ed Davis for peanuts
7) Signed Wesley Johnson for 1 mill/1 season vs. Trevor Ariza for 32 mill/4 years
8) Re-signed Xavier Henry and Ryan Kelly to small 1/2 year contracts for long-term cap flexibility

I'd say considering the circumstances, I'm happy with the Laker's offseason.

PG: Lin | Nash | Clarkson
SG: Bryant | Henry
SF: Johnson | Young
PF: Boozer | Randle | Kelly
C: Hill | Davis | Sacre

:bowdown:

UK2K
07-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Indifferent. Lost Parsons who got 2x as much as he should have, Asik who didnt want to be here, and Lin who didnt want to be here. In a sense thats all a win. Ariza and his improved defense is enough to offset what we lost from Parsons on offense, but other than drafting the 2nd round gem that is Nick Johnson, Rockets did nothing to improve their bench.

Their W/L total will be similar to last season, as last year their 1-4 had 6 total years as a starting player between them, so not only will they improve individually (after all, it will be Harden's 3rd year starting, Bev's 2nd year starting, Jones 2nd year starting) but they should improve as a team (Dwight's 2nd season on the team).

Just wish the Rockets would have gone out and used that cap space to land a 6th man and some play makers off the bench. Instead we are just sitting on cap room saving up for the Durant sweepstakes (which I think only Washington and Houston have a shot at him if OKC doesnt win a title in the next two seasons).

Not to say that they won't trade for someone mid-season, as that NO 1st rounder could be valuable if the Pelis suffer an injury or two as always or just plain suck. That pick could realistically net #8-#12 pick, we'll know more by December when the trade rumors heat up.

:cheers:

Lakers Legend#32
08-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Well the Lakers won't be as pathetic as that D League team they put on the court last season.

andremiller07
08-01-2014, 03:44 AM
Awful atm

Casspi- terrible will most likely mean Acy is out of the team which is bs
Collison - overpaid average PG

Other than signing Moreland as our shot blocker pretty awful tbh. No trade of Landry/Williams

Timmy D for MVP
08-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Pretty damn happy.

We kept our title squad intact, added another cog in Anderson but most important of all, Pop got an extension. I was about 50/50 on he and Tim walking away this summer heading into the Finals.

L.A. Jazz
08-01-2014, 04:26 AM
50/50
adding Bledsoe would make it a pretty good offseason.

poido123
08-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Awful atm

Casspi- terrible will most likely mean Acy is out of the team which is bs
Collison - overpaid average PG

Other than signing Moreland as our shot blocker pretty awful tbh. No trade of Landry/Williams

The problem with the kings is, they haven't had a solid direction since the early 2000s

I just never understand their trades, draft picks or what the hell they are trying to build around cousins.

Just an absolute mess.

poido123
08-01-2014, 04:59 AM
http://enjoytherandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/UOgGx.gif

Clever use of the gif :applause:

Repped