PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Take Both In there prime To Build Your team around, Dirk Or Kobe?

aboss4real24
08-01-2014, 12:37 AM
http://img-cdn.ntvspor.net//C/I//448/13_SE139.jpg

So If You had To start from scratch And U Had to choose between Kobe Or Dirk(prime)

who would u Take?

There Both 2 of the most consistent Players the nba has ever seen

there 2 of the greatest scorers in the modern day era

Both relativity Stayed healthy Through out there career

Both 2 Of The Clutchest Players in the game and great closers

So who would u take?

i would take Kobe imo, He Impacts the game more and is more prolific wen it comes to scoring,

stalkerforlife
08-01-2014, 12:40 AM
:biggums:

GODbe
08-01-2014, 12:45 AM
The one that outscored the entire Mavs squad in 3 quarters.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2014, 12:46 AM
The one that outscored the entire Mavs squad in 3 quarters.

:roll:

goldcrow
08-01-2014, 01:00 AM
The one that swept the 2-time defending champions with the last game being a blowout.

Mr.Kite
08-01-2014, 01:01 AM
5>1>2*

fpliii
08-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Why not both? :confusedshrug:

Prometheus
08-01-2014, 01:14 AM
Both 2 Of The Clutchest Players in the game and great closers

:coleman:

Have Kobe's stats on potential game-winners in the post-season not been repeated enough here on ISH for people to stop perpetuating this myth? KOBE WAS NOT CLUTCH. Period. He is brave and willing to stick his neck out and go for game-winners, which is admirable. He sucks at making them and missed almost all of them.

Anyway, that's my only nitpick. Both were great players, but Kobe was way better. Kobe's a top ten player of all time. Kobe > Dirk... obviously.

TheMarkMadsen
08-01-2014, 01:27 AM
The one that swept the 2-time defending champions with the last game being a
blowout.

The one who actually has been a 2 time defending champ..

redboy
08-01-2014, 01:30 AM
i think dirk can do a lot without a great team around him. he's brought teams like the 06, 07, and 11 mavs to great seasons while putting up good numbers and clearly having a major impact.

with that being said, if i want a championship, i'd probably still go with kobe due to his ability to make tough shots

pastis
08-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Dirk and its not even close

http://ncwtv.com/nn/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/7e10ap636165245190.jpg

Magic731
08-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Kobe.

TheReal Kendall
08-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Probably Dirk. He might be easier to build around and you already know he'll take less money

bdreason
08-01-2014, 05:10 AM
Is there an option C?

Smoke117
08-01-2014, 05:11 AM
What the ****?

Smoke117
08-01-2014, 05:12 AM
nikka you gay

masonanddixon
08-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Kobe but I like Dirk better

GimmeThat
08-01-2014, 05:15 AM
well, Kobe took out Rudy Tomajanovich in his prime

that 5 rings over 1 though

pastis
08-01-2014, 05:25 AM
i think dirk can do a lot without a great team around him. he's brought teams like the 06, 07, and 11 mavs to great seasons while putting up good numbers and clearly having a major impact.

with that being said, if i want a championship, i'd probably still go with kobe due to his ability to make tough shots

and dirk not or what:facepalm

DMAVS41
08-01-2014, 12:53 PM
I'd go with Kobe if it was a franchise like the Bucks or Wolves or something because I think he's better suited to carry a bad team/franchise.

Quality franchise with other mainstay players and spending ability? Give me Dirk.

Think he's a better teammate on and off the floor, more loyal, less selfish, willing to make more sacrifices if need be...

And then on the court...I think Dirk's style of play surrounded by loaded teams throughout his career and elite coaching (like Kobe had) actually is better suited for that.

But I'd imagine I'm in the minority here.

Overdrive
08-01-2014, 01:02 PM
I'd go with Kobe if it was a franchise like the Bucks or Wolves or something because I think he's better suited to carry a bad team/franchise.

Those Mavsteams that were contenders or atleast pretenders during Dirk's prime weren't, aside from Dirk, much better than last years Bucks or Wolves.

Actually Dirk is the guy that is very much responsible for the Mavs winning culture. Finley & Nash were awesome with a young Dirk, but his emergence made them a 50 win team for a decade.

If I could build around Dirk on the '05 Lakers onwards I think I would easily take him.

Kobe's still way higher than Dirk on the AT list, but that isn't the question here.

kentatm
08-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Dirk

he never would have caused all that friction with Shaq

never would have threatened to leave

wants to win so bad he gives you huge discounts on his contracts

and always always always take an all time great big over an all time great guard that isnt MJ.

Vertical-24
08-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Dirk's salary would be more easily negotiable, leaving more cap space for FA's and there would probably be far less issues regarding teammate chemistry. From that point of view, taking Dirk, who is an exceptional talent in his own right would be a better option.

However, Kobe (particularly a young, spry, charismatic prime Kobe) provides the franchise with far better marketability which would result in the generation of a vastly bigger source of income for the organization. Prime Kobe was a star-athlete, bred with starlike quality and presence. You have kids who would kill to be like Mamba; you have few who want to be Dirkules.

From a skills standpoint, Kobe is also the superior player. Top ten all-time. Arguably the 2nd greatest scorer of all time, indisputably the 2nd greatest SG of all time, one of the greatest 1v1 players in the history of the game and a rabid work-ethic unparalelled to anyone else in the game today. He could hold the weight of a big or small-time franchise with ease.

While I don't think either is a poor pick, it's pretty easy to understand why Mamba would be the more sensible.

DMAVS41
08-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Those Mavsteams that were contenders or atleast pretenders during Dirk's prime weren't, aside from Dirk, much better than last years Bucks or Wolves.

Actually Dirk is the guy that is very much responsible for the Mavs winning culture. Finley & Nash were awesome with a young Dirk, but his emergence made them a 50 win team for a decade.

If I could build around Dirk on the '05 Lakers onwards I think I would easily take him.

Kobe's still way higher than Dirk on the AT list, but that isn't the question here.

Yea...I definitely don't think some of those Mavs teams were all that great, but they were a lot better than the Bucks or Wolves of the last few years. in my opinion.

You are undervaluing the help Dirk did have pretty hugely in my opinion...and that is saying something from me because I generally get accused of doing that myself.

I didn't approach it from the perspective of who is higher on the all time list. Kobe is obviously based on accolades.

I gave my answer....solely from a player perspective in terms of impact and ability...off court stuff.

I'd take Kobe over Dirk on bad/average teams because I think he can ultimately do a bit more in those situations.

And then I'd take Dirk in the other.

If you told me I didn't know what type of franchise they'd be drafted into and I'm blind? I take Dirk.

DMAVS41
08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Dirk's salary would be more easily negotiable, leaving more cap space for FA's and there would probably be far less issues regarding teammate chemistry. From that point of view, taking Dirk, who is an exceptional talent in his own right would be a better option.

However, Kobe (particularly a young, spry, charismatic prime Kobe) provides the franchise with far better marketability which would result in the generation of a vastly bigger source of income for the organization. Prime Kobe was a star-athlete, bred with starlike quality and presence. You have kids who would kill to be like Mamba; you have few who want to be Dirkules.

From a skills standpoint, Kobe is also the superior player. Top ten all-time. Arguably the 2nd greatest scorer of all time, indisputably the 2nd greatest SG of all time, one of the greatest 1v1 players in the history of the game and a rabid work-ethic unparalelled to anyone else in the game today. He could hold the weight of a big or small-time franchise with ease.

While I don't think either is a poor pick, it's pretty easy to understand why Mamba would be the more sensible.

I disagree a bit from your skill standpoint on a player vs player comparison.

I'm not sure there is much evidence that speaks to Kobe doing anything on the court to impact winning in a real way that is better than what Dirk brings to the table.

To me, their impact on the court is a close call and could be debated either way....and then the tiebreaker for me would to to Dirk because he's a better leader, teammate, more loyal, more willing to sacrifice for the good of the team...etc.

But I really don't think Kobe was just a for sure better player than Dirk.

I totally agree he is more marketable and all that...I was just factoring in who I'd want on my franchise from a winning the most standpoint. Not a making money standpoint.

JT123
08-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Well Dirk embarrassed Kobe in the playoffs when both guys were at their peak, so Dirk obviously. :confusedshrug:

Overdrive
08-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Yea...I definitely don't think some of those Mavs teams were all that great, but they were a lot better than the Bucks or Wolves of the last few years. in my opinion.

You are undervaluing the help Dirk did have pretty hugely in my opinion...and that is saying something from me because I generally get accused of doing that myself.

I didn't approach it from the perspective of who is higher on the all time list. Kobe is obviously based on accolades.

I gave my answer....solely from a player perspective in terms of impact and ability...off court stuff.

I'd take Kobe over Dirk on bad/average teams because I think he can ultimately do a bit more in those situations.

And then I'd take Dirk in the other.

If you told me I didn't know what type of franchise they'd be drafted into and I'm blind? I take Dirk.

I guess we'll disagree then.
I think it's more positional than situational. If you pair Kobe with a C/PF that has good passing skills he thrives with inside-out play. If Big Al could pass the ball the Bobcats/Hornets wouldbe a great fit for pre-injury Kobe. The Bucks or Minny? Not so much. Especially Minny. Pekovic is talented still, but he seems to be pretty dumb, Love with Kobe is a bad combination, because he draws the D out of the paint, which helps defending Kobe and Pekovic isn't good enough in the paint. Rubio is a bad shooter.

I<3NBA
08-01-2014, 03:30 PM
the one who agrees to give me discounts on his contract.

ralph_i_el
08-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Dirk

f0und
08-01-2014, 04:38 PM
the diggler

Cone
08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
dirk no doubt.

give dirk atleast 1 hof in their primes and he easily has more rings

sportjames23
08-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Why not both? :confusedshrug:

Can't believe no one beat me to this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130312013034/random-ness/images/f/f0/Why_not_both.jpg

JellyBean
08-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Kobe