Crawford
Marbury
Tim Hardaway
KJ
Alston

Name 'em

russwest0
08-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Curry and Durant are the two best in the game today.

Nash
08-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Kyrie says hi

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Durant? Um, he's good for his size but he carries a TON. And I'm not one to harp on that overly critically in the modern game.

Curry is a nice choice, but I'm not confident he's better than Chris Paul, or Kyrie. Those guys aren't the quickest or fastest players ... yet they rely almost exclusively on handle, misdirection, and change of pass off the dribble.

Can't believe you even suggested KD. For his height? Sure. But no. I actually think Bron has better handle.

A slept on one is actually Lance Stevenson, Manu Ginobili, and Kobe pre finger injuries.

Wade was nice too, but his skills have eroded with his knees unfortunately. Another one I should've mentioned is Rod Strickland.

PerfectCell
08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
In terms of fanciness or effectiveness?

Jameer Nelson and Mike Conley aren't elite like Chris Paul level yet but have nearly as effective handles but arent ever appreciated.

russwest0
08-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Lol, you must not have watched Durant last year. Dude was straight up spinning people in circles.

And LeBron? Lol in the game vs OKC Durant did a sick dribble move to get off an uncontested shot and he drilled it. LeBron tried the same move on the consecutive possession, made it look ugly as hell, traveled, and then bricked the shot.

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Forgot Nash, and Price. 2 bad white boys off the dribble. Price inventing the split the double team move off the dribble. Man, so many choices. And yea, KD is long ... and carries the SHIT out of the ball. LeBron has handle. He just doesn't get super creative all the time. Mainly cause he doesn't need to do so.

inclinerator
08-01-2014, 01:38 PM
chris paul has the best security

d rose is pretty nice too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YyE62bbTek

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Ugh forgot D-Rose, Kenny Anderson, and Mr. Smooth McGrady

Fiddlesticks
08-01-2014, 01:47 PM
brandon jennings hands down

Milbuck
08-01-2014, 01:48 PM
JWill

Real14
08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Iverson and your momma:lol

SHAQisGOAT
08-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Going with 'ball-handling' as in ability to control/handle the ball plus skill to pull off moves, also taking into consideration the "rules" of a certain era and the revolutionary part...

(no particular order)

Tim Hardaway
Pistol Pete
AI
Isiah
Earl Monroe
CP3
Jamal Crawford
Tiny Archibald
Magic (also taking into account that he was 6'8)
Archie Clark
Dwayne Washington

MP.Trey
08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Kyrie today.

Iverson is the best I've seen with my two eyes.

Jlamb47
08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Durant? Um, he's good for his size but he carries a TON. And I'm not one to harp on that overly critically in the modern game.

Curry is a nice choice, but I'm not confident he's better than Chris Paul, or Kyrie. Those guys aren't the quickest or fastest players ... yet they rely almost exclusively on handle, misdirection, and change of pass off the dribble.

Can't believe you even suggested KD. For his height? Sure. But no. I actually think Bron has better handle.

A slept on one is actually Lance Stevenson, Manu Ginobili, and Kobe pre finger injuries.

Wade was nice too, but his skills have eroded with his knees unfortunately. Another one I should've mentioned is Rod Strickland.

Lebron??
hell nah hes so damn stiff with the ball, dude dosnt cross over he uses his power and strength to get by, KD acutally has some handles where he can cross his oponents kind of like how he did Lebron
Quit being biased...

but i go with Deron WIlliams, he has a nice cross over
also Jamal Crawford.

all time = Iverson

Mass Debator
08-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Handler as in tight dribbling moves or handler as in ball security?

Dribbling...Kyrie hands down.
Ball security? CP3/Lebron

Young X
08-01-2014, 02:45 PM
CP3 is the best I've seen at controlling the ball, he has the best combination of flashiness and security along with Iverson.

Swoosh, check out this channel, alot of rare MJ highlights. http://www.youtube.com/user/79maestro/videos

alexd
08-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Iverson wasn t that good as a ball handler.he was extremely quick and fast.he would carry/crossover and blow by you
Shammgod was one of the best.and I can t believe no one said j.williams wtf
Chris Paul as well
Kyrie is mostly flash
There s a different between being faster and more explosive than most people and just blow by them with a crossover aka Iverson and having good handles,a variety of moves and have ball security aka chris paul

imdaman99
08-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Jason Williams. His handles were sick, my cuz decided to stan him late 90s :facepalm

navy
08-01-2014, 03:09 PM
If you've seen CP3 turnover to assist ratio you'd know this isnt a debate.
Kyrie Irving for flash though.

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Lol, you must not have watched Durant last year. Dude was straight up spinning people in circles.

And LeBron? Lol in the game vs OKC Durant did a sick dribble move to get off an uncontested shot and he drilled it. LeBron tried the same move on the consecutive possession, made it look ugly as hell, traveled, and then bricked the shot.
Wasn't Durant averaging almost 5 TOV per game in the playoffs?

JimmyMcAdocious
08-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Zeke.

Other.

What? No Tinsley mention yet? Nash deserves another mention because he's clearly one of the best and he was only mentioned in passing. Marbury was every bit as good as Iverson, imo. Cota, tho he didn't make it in the NBA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzvvfWkm8c

CP3 now. I think Curry and Kyrie and interchangeable at 2/3.

Meticode
08-01-2014, 04:06 PM
The main reason gets so many all-star votes is because fans see his flashy plays and vote him in. Just my honest opinion. Irving is probably the flashiest ball handler right now, but Chris Paul is probably overall better with flash+ball security.

andgar923
08-01-2014, 04:10 PM

Wade is a bad choice.

He had crossovers on people, but he's very turnover prone. He loses control of the ball consistently (without much pressure might I add), and he gets ripped too much to be considered a great ball handler.

Calabis
08-01-2014, 04:19 PM
You've ever seen, HS, AAU, College, or Pros

Isiah
Shammgod
Chris Paul
Kyrie
Iverson
Francis
Crawford
Marbury
Tim Hardaway
KJ
Alston

Name 'em

:wtf:

NO Kenny Anderson son!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw-u4irn6WI

K Xerxes
08-01-2014, 04:46 PM
JWill and Shammgod from the little I saw of him. Hard to pick particular ones, all the ones mentioned in this thread are worthy.

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Yea, thanks for the reminders folks. I don't know how I missed White Chocolate J-Will, or Pistol Pete, and Kenny Anderson. I thought Telfair had sick handles, but his game was busted in the league. Tinsley is another great mention. You could throw in Tyreke Evans as well. Wade isn't the best ball handler, but dude was putting people on the ground with his quickness, length on his crossovers or pull backs.

K Xerxes
08-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Yea, thanks for the reminders folks. I don't know how I missed White Chocolate J-Will, or Pistol Pete, and Kenny Anderson. I thought Telfair had sick handles, but his game was busted in the league. Tinsley is another great mention. You could throw in Tyreke Evans as well. Wade isn't the best ball handler, but dude was putting people on the ground with his quickness, length on his crossovers or pull backs.

I just remembered watching an open court section about this, seems like they agree with what some of what we've said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZoyusbCkAw

Just watched some Shammgod again, those moves though :eek:

JUDGE WITNESS
08-01-2014, 05:18 PM
surprise no mention of kobe. ni99a consistently makes players look like clowns

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 05:20 PM
surprise no mention of kobe. ni99a consistently makes players look like clowns
I mentioned him. His pre finger injuries handle was outstanding.

JUDGE WITNESS
08-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I mentioned him. His pre finger injuries handle was outstanding.
you did, i missed that. good call

KyrieTheFuture
08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Flash - Kyrie
Control - CP3

There really isn't another answer.

Prometheus
08-01-2014, 09:49 PM
If quickness can be considered as part of a player's ball-handling ability, then I would go with Iverson as the greatest ball handler that I've ever seen.

If we're disregarding quickness and simply looking at how skilled someone is with their handle, then I'm taking Kobe. The Mamba always had breath-taking skill.

raprap
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
D will had some tight handles when he was in utah.

LAZERUSS
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Without question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0YS1wHoQ

stalkerforlife
08-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Jason Williams.

/thread

jrong
08-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Zeke then CP. Nobody else is even in the discussion.

ProfessorMurder
08-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Without question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0YS1wHoQ

Jason Williams and Pistol Pete were probably the best ever in terms of variety of moves and style. They were filthy.

LAZERUSS
08-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Jason Williams and Pistol Pete were probably the best ever in terms of variety of moves and style. They were filthy.

Pistol Pete was better at every aspect of the game, especially shooting and scoring. And he was considerably taller and more athletic, too.

JohnFreeman
08-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Jwill

http://media.giphy.com/media/2FazsK4hRW9Q0zc8U/giphy.gif

ProfessorMurder
08-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Pistol Pete was better at every aspect of the game, especially shooting and scoring. And he was considerably taller and more athletic, too.

Well yeah, but handles to handles I'd put them together. Pistol turned the ball over more than J-Will and averaged less assists, even though we don't have full records of turnovers. Their TO% is about the same though.

LAZERUSS
08-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Well yeah, but handles to handles I'd put them together. Pistol turned the ball over more than J-Will and averaged less assists, even though we don't have full records of turnovers. Their TO% is about the same though.

Maravich was still capable of 6.7 apg, all while scoring 27 ppg. And in the year in which he led the league in scoring, at 31.1 ppg, he still found time to hand out 5.4 apg.

To be honest, I would still take an Oscar or a Stockton over both of them in terms of ball-handling and passing. Neither were flashy, but they put the ball right where it needed to go.

Cocaine80s
08-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Isaiah Thomas
Kyrie
Lavine
cp3
Jamal Crawford

Im so nba'd out
08-02-2014, 01:16 AM
the professor from the AND 1 mixtape tour

nba wise kyrie

ProfessorMurder
08-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Maravich was still capable of 6.7 apg, all while scoring 27 ppg. And in the year in which he led the league in scoring, at 31.1 ppg, he still found time to hand out 5.4 apg.

To be honest, I would still take an Oscar or a Stockton over both of them in terms of ball-handling and passing. Neither were flashy, but they put the ball right where it needed to go.

True. As more of a scorer, to me that implies his TOs should be lower since he's shooting more than JWill. But you also have to factor in the fact that players in 2000 were more expectant of wonky passes, especially playing with great passing bigs like Webber and Divac. I'd say in pure dribbling and passing talent they're pretty even.

No doubt I take Stockton over anyone all time to be my PG. Dude gets it done at an elite level for 20 years. Great defense, great passing, efficient scoring. Consummate PG.

LAZERUSS
08-02-2014, 01:20 AM
True. As more of a scorer, to me that implies his TOs should be lower since he's shooting more than JWill. But you also have to factor in the fact that players in 2000 were more expectant of wonky passes, especially playing with great passing bigs like Webber and Divac. I'd say in pure dribbling and passing talent they're pretty even.

No doubt I take Stockton over anyone all time to be my PG. Dude gets it done at an elite level for 20 years. Great defense, great passing, efficient scoring. Consummate PG.

:cheers:

dreamwarrior
08-02-2014, 01:33 AM
Best I have ever seen was Nick Van Exel. Great dribbling and goat-level ball security.

ProfessorMurder
08-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Yo Lazeruss, check out that vintage article thread I started. There's a Pistol Pete one in there. I'll bump it.

LAZERUSS
08-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Yo Lazeruss, check out that vintage article thread I started. There's a Pistol Pete one in there. I'll bump it.

Will do...

qrich
08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
J Holiday was sick at Campbell Hall.

fragokota
08-02-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm biased, can't comment objectively.

no pun intended
08-02-2014, 01:42 AM
Not saying he's the best, but he's worth mentioning here in terms of being overlooked as one of the better ball handlers today. Tyreke Evans.

But my goodness, Kyrie...

http://somethingbanging.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ibnyqZqsazF1kd.gif