PDA

View Full Version : Take that Rose haters. The athleticism is still there.

Upgrayedd
08-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Did you see how fast he ran down the court? :bowdown:

And that monster dunk.

Yeah, people putting him in the Penny Hardaway/Grant Hill category are idiots.

Dr. Ice
08-01-2014, 09:13 PM
People should have learned from last year's preseason to not say anything good about rose until he shows it in the regular season.

poido123
08-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Take what?

He has a long ways to go before he shows the haters.

Let's wait til he's on top before we start rubbing it in...:cheers:

Upgrayedd
08-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Take what?

He has a long ways to go before he shows the haters.

Let's wait til he's on top before we start rubbing it in...:cheers:

But everyone was saying he was done. It's ridiculous. He looks better than Westbrook out there. That's what I'm excited about. People have put Westbrook ahead of Rose. When healthy, Rose > Westbrook. And, hopefully, people will see that this season.

nathanjizzle
08-01-2014, 09:36 PM
:biggums: dont jinx him man.

Meticode
08-01-2014, 09:39 PM
He's doing exactly what is expected. He did this last year before blowing out his knee again. The question is can he not get injured again and can he have a solid jumper.

Roundball_Rock
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
He's back. :cheers:

poido123
08-01-2014, 09:47 PM
But everyone was saying he was done. It's ridiculous. He looks better than Westbrook out there. That's what I'm excited about. People have put Westbrook ahead of Rose. When healthy, Rose > Westbrook. And, hopefully, people will see that this season.

I know you're excited and its been two long years without rose but its better to leave some things unsaid until it is the right time...

Not giving you a hard time bro, but it will only bring hate from others your way :cheers:

Milbuck
08-01-2014, 09:50 PM
So ****ing excited for this season.

poido123
08-01-2014, 09:55 PM
So ****ing excited for this season.

Tell me about it. I'm splashing out on a 5 team league pass this year!

:rockon:

KyrieTheFuture
08-01-2014, 09:59 PM
God damnit I hope the Bulls are good this year. I need Rose back so I can bicker with Chicago fans all day. No fun in hating an injured guy.

Roundball_Rock
08-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Tell me about it. I'm splashing out on a 5 team league pass this year!

:rockon:

The online version or the television version? Is the latter transferable in case you move? I tried the former during the 2010 season and it didn't work well so I am going to go for the television version this year if it is transferable. Do you get it via the NBA or via your cable company?

poido123
08-01-2014, 10:21 PM
God damnit I hope the Bulls are good this year. I need Rose back so I can bicker with Chicago fans all day. No fun in hating an injured guy.

:oldlol: We welcome it bro, but you won't get incessant trolling from our fan base like there was when lebron played for the heat...

Its good times for our ball clubs :cheers:

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm excited for the season, hopeful the athleticism doesn't fade the way it did from preseason to the regular season last year. Seems like he's more confident in his body this year, especially to explode for dunks. Which he didn't do last season. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. A healthy MVP caliber D. Rose is the best pickup of the offseason for us.

poido123
08-01-2014, 10:25 PM
The online version or the television version? Is the latter transferable in case you move? I tried the former during the 2010 season and it didn't work well so I am going to go for the television version this year if it is transferable. Do you get it via the NBA or via your cable company?

Haven't put too much thought into online or television version, but come to think of it, I might go the TV method.

I will wear the consequences if I move, I'm more concerned that our big network here Telstra will be able to run the games without any lagging or disruption.

Are you going the full package? Or just a partial one like me...

KyrieTheFuture
08-01-2014, 10:33 PM
:oldlol: We welcome it bro, but you won't get incessant trolling from our fan base like there was when lebron played for the heat...

Its good times for our ball clubs :cheers:
:party:

:cheers:

Roundball_Rock
08-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Haven't put too much thought into online or television version, but come to think of it, I might go the TV method.

I will wear the consequences if I move, I'm more concerned that our big network here Telstra will be able to run the games without any lagging or disruption.

Are you going the full package? Or just a partial one like me...

I am going with television this time. When I had the online package in 2010 it sucked because I could not see games without interruptions (meaning interruptions every few seconds--I couldn't even see a full freaking play) unless I had them at quarter screen. It still beat having merely the audio feed for free via NBA.com but nonetheless it was a disappointment. I was using a 2008 laptop but that along with having cable internet should not have given me a problem. Perhaps if you have a newer computer you may not have an issue but I still think you would likely be better off with the television package. You get a bigger screen for only about $100 more for the year and guaranteed reliability.

I will go with a partial package again. From your post apparently they reduced it to 5 teams. It was 7 in 2010. I just want to see Bulls games and as a side benefit the games of some other top teams like the Cavs, Thunder.

ballinhun8
08-01-2014, 10:43 PM
:party:

:cheers:

I feel bad cuz you guys have Number six, LeBron23, Tony Montana as "fans" of your team now.

But it'll be fun talking smack to you guys now. We're much better then when LeBron was there last time.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
He looked good last preseason to...................and we know what happened
the regular season is a different beast than scrimmage, and the playoffs are a whole new animal. Rose will never be the same player he was, putting him with Grant and Tmac is fine except he was never as good as those guys at their best

SamuraiSWISH
08-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Not this explosive, and he forced the issue too much.

Upgrayedd
08-02-2014, 01:20 AM
the regular season is a different beast than scrimmage, and the playoffs are a whole new animal. Rose will never be the same player he was, putting him with Grant and Tmac is fine except he was never as good as those guys at their best

:wtf:

Did you see him play at all tonight? Look at how explosive he is still. Look at how he can still dunk that basketball. Saying he'll never be the same player he was is absolutely ridiculous. He looks like he can be better than he was before.

And really... he's already proven he's better than TMac ever was.

navy
08-02-2014, 01:24 AM
His athleticism was fine last year...

CHi1PriDe
08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
His athleticism was fine last year...

You post way too damn much. Your social life is pretty non existent when you post more a day than jameer. Time to stop taking your posts seriously :facepalm

kamil
08-02-2014, 01:44 AM
two pages talking about Rose's explosive dunk and not a single fvcking link to a video.

:rolleyes:

RRR3
08-02-2014, 01:48 AM

Did you see him play at all tonight? Look at how explosive he is still. Look at how he can still dunk that basketball. Saying he'll never be the same player he was is absolutely ridiculous. He looks like he can be better than he was before.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

DMAVS41
08-02-2014, 01:48 AM

And that monster dunk.

Very few people hate Rose...if any do.

It's his absurd fans that got on the nerves of a lot of people over the last 4 or 5 years.

I hope he comes back and is better than ever. Would be great for the league.

RRR3
08-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Very few people hate Rose...if any do.

It's his absurd fans that got on the nerves of a lot of people over the last 4 or 5 years.

I hope he comes back and is better than ever. Would be great for the league.
:applause:
"Better than TMac ever was":facepalm

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 01:52 AM
two pages talking about Rose's explosive dunk and not a single fvcking link to a video.

:rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFN01ugBMak

Overall highlights. Sick dunk showing his vert, and transition layup showing his speed/quickness.

kamil
08-02-2014, 02:19 AM

Overall highlights. Sick dunk showing his vert, and transition layup showing his speed/quickness.

Thank you.

Cocaine80s
08-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Even at full health he will not be able to pull off something like that mid season. he had 2 yrs of rest and couldnt get up as high as he usually does. stephen curry can windmill easily during the offseason but can barely dunk it 1 handed by mid season

moe94
08-02-2014, 02:25 AM

He's back :biggums:

moe94
08-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Even at full health he will not be able to pull off something like that mid season. he had 2 yrs of rest and couldnt get up as high as he usually does. stephen curry can windmill easily during the offseason but can barely dunk it 1 handed by mid season

Show any footage of Curry doing a windmill

ShaqAttack3234
08-02-2014, 02:27 AM

Not even close. Give me prime 2001-2005 T-Mac any day, and 2003 T-Mac? Rose ain't even close to that. Rose was very good in 2011, borderline top 5, and definitely top 10, but saying he's as good as T-Mac ever was, much less better is just overrating him.

Prime T-Mac had superior length, was a much better shooter due to his 3 point range and superior mid-range game, had great footwork, and could beat you in any way with his post game and off the ball both being advantages over Rose. So he was unquestionably the better scorer, but I'd also say he was a better passer, no worse of a defender, and better pre-2003 with a higher ceiling defensively throughout his prime, and he was a big guard who could contribute more on the boards and play multiple positions.

So Rose doesn't have a case over T-Mac.

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 02:27 AM
Legit spat my drink out during that transition layup. You think he could pass up Westbrook by season's end if he stays healthy?

Cocaine80s
08-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Show any footage of Curry doing a windmill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qfrd-RnE2s

can u rep me

LoneyROY7
08-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Rose looking like Rose. F*cking great to see.

moe94
08-02-2014, 02:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qfrd-RnE2s

can u rep me
:oldlol:

b1imtf
08-02-2014, 02:30 AM
So was Torres.

LoneyROY7
08-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Legit spat my drink out during that transition layup. You think he could pass up Westbrook by season's end if he stays healthy?

Rose has always been a smarter and more graceful player than Westbrook. If he's 100 percent back athletically, which he looks like so far, he'll be the better player.

moe94
08-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Rose has always been a smarter and more graceful player than Westbrook. If he's 100 percent back athletically, which he looks like so far, he'll be the better player.

meh

Westbrook has shown to be a better player come playoff time.

Hotlantadude81
08-02-2014, 02:38 AM

And that monster dunk.

He missed basically 2 YEARS with injuries and people are idiots for doubting his full return? Just shut up.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:39 AM

What exactly does he do better than Westbrook?

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Agreed. Westbrook is still gonna be the more unguardable player, but Rose if he stays healthy is gonna be the better point guard.
meh

Westbrook has shown to be a better player come playoff time.
Rose has never had a guy like KD to take offensive pressure off though..he's the focal point of the opposing defense every single night, especially in the playoffs when teams concentrate most of the defense onto him. Give him any capable perimeter threat, say Afflalo, there's no telling how much it'd open up his game.
What exactly does he do better than Westbrook?Just posed the question. But his playmaking ability when he's at his best is arguably better than Westbrook's.

ballinhun8
08-02-2014, 02:44 AM
What exactly does he do better than Westbrook?

Everything.

Except not scream for every basket that he makes when he barrels over the defender yet the refs calls the foul on the defender.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Lol yeah Rose hasn't had KD but Westbrook hasn't had two competent bigs at scoring inside and the 3pt shooting to surround him that Rose has had either. Yet Westbrook has had 2 seasons averaging over 8 assists per game and Rose has had none.

Cocaine80s
08-02-2014, 02:45 AM
full health rose is better than westbrook

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Everything.

Except not scream for every basket that he makes when he barrels over the defender yet the refs calls the foul on the defender.

Watch Rose vs Heat in the playoffs and watch Westbrook vs the Heat in the playoffs.

Westbrook is better at almost every aspect of basketball compared up against Rose.

Thankfully Rose is getting hype for a meaningless scrimage game though, all after Westbrook just came off a playoff run where he was arguably the best player in the playoffs that year. The same playoffs that Rose sat out when he should have been back.

Can't wait for Rose to play 30+ MPG in the preseason again just to keep the hype train coming :rolleyes:

navy
08-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Who on the Bulls is competent in scoring inside?

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:46 AM
full health rose is better than westbrook

Even in Rose's MVP season his numbers were hardly better than Westbrooks from that same year.

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Lol yeah Rose hasn't had KD but Westbrook hasn't had two competent bigs at scoring inside and the 3pt shooting to surround him that Rose has had either. Yet Westbrook has had 2 seasons averaging over 8 assists per game and Rose has had none.
Dude..come on. Durant is on pace to be a top 3 scorer all-time and has been the best scorer in the game for like 4 years now. Rose's best offensive weapon has been either Luol Deng or a washed up Carlos Boozer. And as far as shooters are concerned, he's had Korver..but overall the biggest knock on the Thibs-era Bulls teams has been a lack of shooting. Rose when he was healthy was the singular driving force behind that offense and when he had a bad night, the Bulls were nearly ****ed offensively.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Who on the Bulls is competent in scoring inside?

You serious?

Noah and Boozer to score inside on dump off passes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perkins (needs three slow dribbles before he can go up to try and score) and Ibaka (who is coming along as an inside scorer but up until recently was horrible at catching and finishing)

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:49 AM
You saw the Bulls with Rose and without him and what the difference was in the playoffs.

And you've seen the Thunder with Westbrook and without him in the playoffs.

The better and more impactful player is clear. Thank god Rose is dominating in another scrimmage setting though, just like the preseason last year after sitting out the playoffs (deja vu) :bowdown:

navy
08-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Watch Rose vs Heat in the playoffs and watch Westbrook vs the Heat in the playoffs.

Westbrook is better at almost every aspect of basketball compared up against Rose.

Thankfully Rose is getting hype for a meaningless scrimage game though, all after Westbrook just came off a playoff run where he was arguably the best player in the playoffs that year. The same playoffs that Rose sat out when he should have been back.

Can't wait for Rose to play 30+ MPG in the preseason again just to keep the hype train coming :rolleyes:

Not really a fair comparison. Rose is 100% is focus of the defense. Westbrook is the second option. Take KD and Harden off the Thunder in the Finals and Westbrook would have had Game 5 numbers every night.

Westbrook is better than Rose. For now.

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 02:51 AM
You saw the Bulls with Rose and without and what the difference was in the playoffs.

And you've seen the Thunder with Westbrook and without him in the playoffs.

The better and more impactful player is clear. Thank god Rose is dominating in another scrimmage setting though, just like the preseason last year after sitting out the playoffs (deja vu) :bowdown:
The Bulls got assrammed by the Wizards without Rose though..

Durant had the best record in the league for a while without Westbrook putting up GOAT-level production :confusedshrug:

navy
08-02-2014, 02:51 AM
You serious?

Noah and Bosh to score inside on dump off passes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perkins (needs three slow dribbles before he can go up to try and score) and Ibaka (who is coming along as an inside scorer but up until recently was horrible at catching and finishing)
I assume you mean Boozer. Neither of these guys are great finishers though. Better than Perkins I guess.

Graviton
08-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Agreed. Westbrook is still gonna be the more unguardable player, but Rose if he stays healthy is gonna be the better point guard.
Rose has never had a guy like KD to take offensive pressure off though..he's the focal point of the opposing defense every single night, especially in the playoffs when teams concentrate most of the defense onto him. Give him any capable perimeter threat, say Afflalo, there's no telling how much it'd open up his game.Just posed the question. But his playmaking ability when he's at his best is arguably better than Westbrook's.

I am an expert on Rose and Westbrook, I can tell you they are equals when both at 100%. Rose is more fluid and has better control when changing directions, Westbrook is more like a bull that will dunk on whoever. Rose has a floater, Westbrook has his mid range pullup. Both are good man to man defenders, but Westbrook's pressure is on another level. Westbrook's passing is underrated though, his bullet and bounce passes are one of the best when he actually uses them. Rose too gets overlooked in that aspect. You watch this and tell me Westbrook lacks playmaking ability...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmuMesfz_w

ballinhun8
08-02-2014, 02:57 AM

Damn. You got me there.

Wait......in swear......wait...??wasn't there another player on the court that day.....forget his name....you know.....the one that makes it possible for RW to play so freely......gosh. It'll come to me some day.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Dude..come on. Durant is on pace to be a top 3 scorer all-time and has been the best scorer in the game for like 4 years now. Rose's best offensive weapon has been either Luol Deng or a washed up Carlos Boozer. And as far as shooters are concerned, he's had Korver..but overall the biggest knock on the Thibs-era Bulls teams has been a lack of shooting. Rose when he was healthy was the singular driving force behind that offense and when he had a bad night, the Bulls were nearly ****ed offensively.

So when Westbrook is isoing and has Durant standing on the perimiter but is guaranteed to have 2-3 guys on his ass in the paint because no one gives a single shit about Sefolosha or Perkins, that's a much better situation than Rose isoing with say Korver (from when Rose was healthy) on the perimiter and Noah inside at least keeping opposing bigs honest?

Sorry, but I don't see it. :confusedshrug:

SuperPippen
08-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Any talk of Westbrook being better than Rose cannot really be taken seriously for this reason.

Westbrook has Kevin Durant on his team.

He's never been the main focus of a team's defense. Rose meanwhile was the only player on the Bulls roster who could create anything offensively. His best offensive teammates in '11 and '12 were Deng, Boozer, and Korver. And their impact offensively doesn't even approach the impact of Kevin Durant. Not even cumulatively.

I respect Westbrook, and I acknowledge his talent. Going forward, he may very well be better than Rose if Rose doesn't return to his MVP level.

But a healthy Derrick Rose is a definitively better player than Westbrook.

Graviton
08-02-2014, 03:04 AM
Any talk of Westbrook being better than Rose cannot really be taken seriously for this reasons.

He's never been the main focus of a team's defense. Rose meanwhile was the only player on the Bulls roster who could create anything offensively. His best offensive teammates in '11 and '12 were Deng, Boozer, and Korver. And their impact offensively doesn't even approach the impact of Kevin Durant. Not even cumulatively.

I respect Westbrook, and I acknowledge his talent. Going forward, he may very well be better than Rose if Rose doesn't return to his MVP level.

Healthy 2011 Rose was slightly better than 2011 Westbrook, but 2014 Westbrook vs 2014 fully healthy Rose is basically a tie. Whatever advantages Rose has on offense Westbrook more than makes up with his defense and rebounding.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Any talk of Westbrook being better than Rose cannot really be taken seriously for this reason.

You do realize that OKC almost exclusively runs iso ball right? Hardly ever do they use Westbrook and Durant in a 2 man game.

I fail to see why Westbrook isoing with Durant standing on the perimeter waiting for his turn to iso provides such a huge boost for Westbrook. Especially when defenders consistently and willingly leave Perkins and Sefolosha wide open to go double team Westbrook.

russwest0
08-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Hell, you want to see my point on Perkins, watch his game tying putback vs the Grizzlies in the playoffs.

Westbrook is firing up a contested jumper with a few seconds on the clock (and of course got criticized for it) and because there isn't a man within 10 feet of Porkins's useless ass he gets one of the easiest baskets that I've ever seen to fall right into his lap :lol

SuperPippen
08-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Healthy 2011 Rose was slightly better than 2011 Westbrook, but 2014 Westbrook vs 2014 fully healthy Rose is basically a tie. Whatever advantages Rose has on offense Westbrook more than makes up with his defense and rebounding.

I think that's fair enough.

Although I think it's important to point out that Rose was robbed of essentially two years of development by his injuries, while Westbrook has had the opportunity to continue growing as a player.

I think 2014 Westbrook is closer to his relative peak than 2011 Rose was to his. Rose's stats declined slightly in 2012 because he was hampered by injuries that entire year. But from watching the games, it was easy to see that Rose in fact making significant improvements. As the season went on, he was really beginning to take that next step as a facilitator.

Regardless, it'll be exciting to watch the both of them as they hopefully continue to improve.

Graviton
08-02-2014, 03:23 AM
I think that's fair enough.

Although I think it's important to point out that Rose was robbed of essentially two years of development by his injuries, while Westbrook has had the opportunity to continue growing as a player.

I think 2014 Westbrook is closer to his relative peak than 2011 Rose was to his. Rose's stats declined slightly in 2012 because he was hampered by injuries that entire year. But from watching the games, it was easy to see that Rose in fact making significant improvements. As the season went on, he was really beginning to take that next step as a facilitator.

Regardless, it'll be exciting to watch the both of them as they hopefully continue to improve.

Yea I know what you mean, I been watching Rose and Westbrook exclusively since 2011. They are my 2 favorite players. In 2012 Rose was still shitting on teams and had like 3 game winners, even with all the missed games. Those nagging little injuries and Thibs style just never let him recover fully. I think that's what led to his eventual ACL injury. He was having neck, toe, ankle, back issues throughout the whole 2012 season and always coming back early to injure something else. :(

I been looking forward to Rose vs Westbrook matchup for 2 years. This shit needs to happen already. :cheers:

moe94
08-02-2014, 03:34 AM

Wait, he's better because he doesn't have Durant? How is Westbrook supposed to win this? Regardless of anything he does, he gets no credit. :oldlol:

poido123
08-02-2014, 05:40 AM

:(

The post was OK, until you...T-Mac...oh my.

poido123
08-02-2014, 05:45 AM
I am going with television this time. When I had the online package in 2010 it sucked because I could not see games without interruptions (meaning interruptions every few seconds--I couldn't even see a full freaking play) unless I had them at quarter screen. It still beat having merely the audio feed for free via NBA.com but nonetheless it was a disappointment. I was using a 2008 laptop but that along with having cable internet should not have given me a problem. Perhaps if you have a newer computer you may not have an issue but I still think you would likely be better off with the television package. You get a bigger screen for only about $100 more for the year and guaranteed reliability.

I will go with a partial package again. From your post apparently they reduced it to 5 teams. It was 7 in 2010. I just want to see Bulls games and as a side benefit the games of some other top teams like the Cavs, Thunder.

Post makes a lot of sense. You have convinced me the only way to go is the TV package and it could still be 7, but I do remember last year had 5 team packages, but I hope for 7.

I would like to get Bulls, cavs, okc, pelicans, warriors, Charlotte, and spurs or clippers...

blacknapalm
08-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Yea I know what you mean, I been watching Rose and Westbrook exclusively since 2011. They are my 2 favorite players. In 2012 Rose was still shitting on teams and had like 3 game winners, even with all the missed games. Those nagging little injuries and Thibs style just never let him recover fully. I think that's what led to his eventual ACL injury. He was having neck, toe, ankle, back issues throughout the whole 2012 season and always coming back early to injure something else. :(

I been looking forward to Rose vs Westbrook matchup for 2 years. This shit needs to happen already. :cheers:

spot on. chicago's developing quite a track record for that when you include noah and gibson. i honestly had a bad feeling about rose in 2012. now, i can't say i thought it was going to be an ACL but i just thought he would get injured badly, like a high ankle sprain. his body was just overcompensating that season.

it's part of the reason chicago needs to keep adding to their bench and thibs needs to start trusting his bench. he was doing that early on with watson and to some extent, butler before he emerged. that's his next evolutionary step in coaching. he needs to realize he can't tax his main players 40+ minutes a night for a top 3 seed in the east. they are too beat up when playoffs arrive. managing player minutes is his one of his main weak points.

2013 was a bit more of a mystery since it was a non contact injury that seemed to happen on an even more routine, less impact play. i can only assume he came back too hard and too fast.

chicago should work rose back slowly, even if that means him coming off the bench. he can still be explosive but he needs to learn to pick his spots so he doesn't develop those multiple nagging injuries. his jump shot was coming along and hopefully he can leave where he left off.

poido123
08-02-2014, 06:06 AM
spot on. chicago's developing quite a track record for that when you include noah and gibson. i honestly had a bad feeling about rose in 2012. now, i can't say i thought it was going to be an ACL but i just thought he would get injured badly, like a high ankle sprain. his body was just overcompensating that season.

2013 was a bit more of a mystery since it was a non contact injury that seemed to happen on an even more routine, less impact play.

chicago should work rose back slowly, even if that means him coming off the bench. he can still be explosive but he needs to learn to pick his spots so he doesn't develop those multiple nagging injuries. his jump shot was coming along and hopefully he can leave where he left off.

I wouldn't be against playing rose limited minutes for the first part of the season...we need him in the playoffs

Angel Face
08-02-2014, 06:36 AM
I missed the game. What's Rose statline?

Pointguard
08-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Wait, he's better because he doesn't have Durant? How is Westbrook supposed to win this? Regardless of anything he does, he gets no credit. :oldlol:
If teams can focus and play all out on the key player, its waaaaay different than the coverage of a player who isn't the main worry on offense. The Heat put all their eggs in one basket on stopping Rose. The Heat back then were the fastest, quickest and smart defensive teams in the league. The guy getting doubles and traps is in a whole different world than the guy who isn't. Even if you never played ball you have to know this. The pressure of the number two player is always way less.

Eli Manning had one of the best football seasons ever. When they faced a quick, fast team that put pressure on him it was one of the most humiliating super bowls ever. Its common sense. When a team makes you a priority to stop you, its not the same as when they make it priority to stop somebody else. Its comparing apples to oranges. Most guys in the NBA can not be the main focus of defensive attention for 80 games - in fact its a big vast majority. Its a whole different program.

MiseryCityTexas
08-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Rose should just sit out the rest of team USA games, or he'll end up getting hurt again.

freshperry
08-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Regarding westbrook n rose. I honestly think athleticism theyre both on par with each other but rose has siperior body control. This is evident when he is able to do circus shots after contract and change direction as oppose to westbrooks "ill jist blow by you or pull up to shoot" approach

Rocketswin2013
08-02-2014, 11:21 AM
The PG position is so loaded.

And I have Chicago winning the East if Rose has a healthy season.

97 bulls
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I feel bad cuz you guys have Number six, LeBron23, Tony Montana as "fans" of your team now.

But it'll be fun talking smack to you guys now. We're much better then when LeBron was there last time.
Yep. All theyre gonna do is create threads attacking Irving, Love (if he comes) and the rest of the team. I can't stand those types of fans.

97 bulls
08-02-2014, 12:25 PM
I still feel Rose needs a post game and quick. Hes still gonna take a pounding and over the course of time, if he doesn't learn how to play below the rim, we're gonna see Wade all over again.

97 bulls
08-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be against playing rose limited minutes for the first part of the season...we need him in the playoffs
Me neither. Thibs needs to watch his players minutes. Or maybe have one of his assistants do it. With all thus depth, theres no reason for Rose, Noah or anyone on the team to play more than 36 min a night.

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Post makes a lot of sense. You have convinced me the only way to go is the TV package and it could still be 7, but I do remember last year had 5 team packages, but I hope for 7.

I would like to get Bulls, cavs, okc, pelicans, warriors, Charlotte, and spurs or clippers...

Yeah I don't see the point of getting the full package. Realistically you will only care about your team and a handful of others.

ImKobe
08-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Bulls fans really need to shut it right now when it comes to Rose. We've seen it happen before already. He looks good before season and his athleticism is as good as ever, just wait and let him play like 20-30 NBA games before making these threads.

I'm not a "rose hater", I like the kid's game and I marvel at his finishing ability, but I no longer trust him to play a full NBA season until proven otherwise. I wish him all the best, but I'm not going to jinx it.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Rose really needs to learn some moves to stop shooting 6% when LeBron's guarding him