PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Reaction to Paul George. Its good to see a brotherhood in NBA

imnew09
08-01-2014, 11:51 PM
LeBron: Man just landed and got a message about @Paul_George24. Made me immediately sick to my stomach!! Praying for u a speedy recovery homie!!!
Kevin Durant: God bless u my brother @Paul_George24. Im hurt, praying for you. Praying for peace. Praying that God heals you in a supernatural way.
Kevin Ware: Minor setback for a major comeback PG.
Roy Hibbert: Wtf
Skip Bayless: HATE seeing Paul George get hurt in Team USA scrimmage. Hope it's not as bad as it looks, because it looks bad. God bless him.
Kevin Love: Prayers for Paul George
Paul Pierce: My Prayers go out Paul George hurts me so bad seeing my Nba brothers go down on major injury pray for a speedy recovery
Damian Lillard: Prayers up for @Paul_George24 .Everyone take a minute and say a prayer or send some words of encouragement to him. He will come back strong.
Steve Nash: Sick to my stomach for Paul George. He's tough as nails though. He'll be back big time.
Chandler Parsons: Everybody say your prayers for @Paul_George24 and his family. He will come back stronger from this. #USA
Houston Rockets: Best of luck @Paul_George24. Wishing you a speed recovery. #TeamUSA
LA Clippers: Our thoughts are with you @Paul_George24 #OneFamily
DeAndre Jordan: Sending prayers of a healthy and speedy recovery for my brother @Paul_George24! We are all here for you P.
Steph Curry: Pray for PG and his family! Pray for the Doctors overseeing his recovery and that he comes back stronger than before. #USA
John Wall: Everybody pray for my bro @Paul_George24 and wish him a speedy recovery...Luv ya bro !!
Jason Jones: Folks are crazy. They see Paul George's injury and their first post is "I guess they should have kept Lance"
Blake Griffin: Prayers up to @Paul_George24 hate to see that happen to anyone.
Andre Iguodala: Prayers for my man Paul George
Joel Embiid: Dang just learned about the injury. PRAYERS
Dwight Howard: Thoughts and prayers going out to @Paul_George24. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Pacers: Statement from Larry Bird about Paul George
Reggie Miller: Just got home and watched the Paul George highlight, kid hang in there, always light at the end of any dark tunnel!! #GetWell #Pacers4Life
DeMar DeRozan: Prayers go out to my bro @Paul_George24 & his family. Sad day!
Shaun Livingston: I know people are in shock from Paul George's injury. He will be able to bounce back bc he has a warrior mentality.
Victor Oladipo: Man just landed in Orlando and heard what happen to my big bro @Paul_George24 you will come back even stronger fam praying for you bro.
Corey Brewer: Just Like My Football Injury Freak Accident. Same With Paul George Freak Accident. God Is With Us Both. Everything Happens For A Reason.
James Harden: Prayers go out to @Paul_George24 and his family! Keep ya head up G!
Cleveland Cavaliers: Our thoughts go out to @Paul_George24 and we wish you a fast recovery. #AllForOne
Harrison Barnes: Prayers for @Paul_George24 and a speedy recovery
JR Smith: Thinking bout my bro #PG
Jamal Crawford: Praying for Paul George..
Jeff Teague: That stuff is crazy man I hate to see anyone get hurt but pg the ultimate competitor and a real cool dude it messed me up
Mario Chalmers: Prayers go up to my homie @Paul_George24. We prayin for u bra. Hate to see athletes get hurt
Isaiah Thomas: Prayers out 2 Paul George!! Hate to see stuff like that happen smh
Dwyane Wade: Praying for @Paul_George24 for not only the player he is but the person he is. Injuries are thee toughest part of sports
DeMarcus Cousins: Prayers pout to Paul George and his family. Stay strong brother
Tracy McGrady:Man I hate to see that happen to my man PG. Get well soon bro.

UPDATE

Boris Diaw: All my thoughts to Paul George right now. Good luck for the recovery and hope to see you soon back on the court.
Mason Plumlee: Thoughts and prayers to @Paul_George24 and his family #usa
Andre Drummond: #PrayForPG paul_george24 http://instagram.com/p/rLkJufSMcQ/
Nick Young: Praying for my dude paul_george24 I hate seeing stuff like that man http://instagram.com/p/rLhsVvuGPt/
Luol Deng: My prayers are with @Paul_George24, wishing for a quick recovery. Tough to see that happen to anyone.
Jason Terry: @Paul_George24 prayers go out to you God bless you
Russell Westbrook: Prayers out to @Paul_George24 and his family..
Shaq: Get well soon big paul george. Much love. I kno u will come back stronger.
Lance Stephenson: @paul_george24 praying for you bro
Kenneth Faried: Damn I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy prayers to the homie @Paul_George24 we going to win this gold for you bruh!!
Ben McLemore: Man that just ain't right. Prayers for my dude @Paul_George24 Get well an get back out there Smh
Mike Miller: Thoughts and prayers to @Paul_George24 and your family. The NBA family is thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery! #PaulGeorge
Mark Jones: All you need to know about the seriousness of Paul George's injury is that I'm looking at Kyrie Irving sobbing,crying in his Dads arms.
Darren Collison: Prayers up for the homie @Paul_George24 #speechless
Gordon Hayward: Thoughts and prayers to @Paul_George24 and his family
Paul Millsap: Prayers go out to @Paul_George24. Get well my man
Jermaine O'Neal: Prayers go out to one of our leagues best young talents @Paul_George24! Get well my brother!!!!
NBA: Commissioner Adam Silver Statement on Paul George Injury
Anthony Davis: Man everybody please pray for my big bro PG! Keep his spirits up! We here for you @Paul_George24
Magic Johnson: @Paul_George24 I'm praying that you have a speedy recovery from your leg injury! I'm sure you will come back better than ever!
Baron Davis: prayers to my bro @Paul_George24 .. I know what that feels like... PG24 will make it back better than ever!!!#PGgetwell #PrayForPaulGeorge
Dion Waiters: I'm not near a TV but I heard wat happen to PG smh damn..... My prayers goes out to him good dude right there.....

Paul George: Thanks everybody for the love and support.. I'll be ok and be back better than ever!!! Love y'all!! #YoungTrece

It's warm to see so many nba players are showing love to PG. :applause:

Source Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2ce9px/twitter_reacts_to_paul_georges_injury/)

1987_Lakers
08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Hibbert:oldlol:

UK2K
08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Cause they know it could have been them or could be them next.

One misstep is all it takes.

imnew09
08-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Hibbert:oldlol:

WTF!

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Kevin Durant: God bless u my brother @Paul_George24. Im hurt, praying for you. Praying for peace. Praying that God heals you in a supernatural way.
WTF is this guy talking about? I didn't know he was such a Jesus Freak.

Beastmode88
08-01-2014, 11:55 PM
where's kobe?

9erempiree
08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
where's kobe?

Probably calling him personally or visiting him.

Twitter is not a sincere form to wish someone well.

gts
08-01-2014, 11:59 PM
where's kobe?

in China I believe

DavisWarriorsFan
08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
where's kobe?
Kobe is in China. And China doesn't allow Twitter.

Fudge
I'm on the verge of breaking down. I feel sick. Feeling nauseous. Light headed.

Praying for you, Paul. :( Have a speedy recovery.

Spaulding
Hibbert made me lol

masonanddixon
08-02-2014, 12:02 AM
I love how hashtagging has replaced any attempts at coherent thought in society

Rodmantheman
08-02-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm on the verge of breaking down. I feel sick. Feeling nauseous. Light headed.

Praying for you, Paul. :( Have a speedy recovery.

not that serious the man will heal.

aj1987
08-02-2014, 12:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sB4xU53.png

navy
08-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Really? He brings it up every chance he gets.

That comment wasnt particularly out there though.

UK2K
08-02-2014, 12:05 AM
I love how hashtagging has replaced any attempts at coherent thought in society

Go to any college campus.

People are all just staring at their phones.

Fudge
08-02-2014, 12:06 AM
not that serious the man will heal.
Definitely. I mean, his legged just snapped in half. It's not THAT serious.

:rolleyes:

Rodmantheman
08-02-2014, 12:06 AM
so many assholes on twitter right now.

SamuraiSWISH
08-02-2014, 12:07 AM

I don't follow his twitter, maybe ... Not out there per se, but why the praying for peace line? It made no sense in the specific continuity about Paul George. I think KD comes off REALLY phony.

Rodmantheman
08-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Definitely. I mean, his legged just snapped in half. It's not THAT serious.

:rolleyes:

I was talking about you talking about being light headed you're a pansy if that makes you almost faint.

Fudge
08-02-2014, 12:10 AM
I was talking about you talking about being light headed you're a pansy if that makes you almost faint.
Another clown on here. :lol Sick fukk. Get some help.

Lebronxrings
08-02-2014, 12:10 AM

lol how did you accumulate all those negs?

$LakerGold
08-02-2014, 12:12 AM
LeBron: Man just landed and got a message about @Paul_George24. Made me immediately sick to my stomach!! Praying for u a speedy recovery homie!!!
Kevin Ware: Minor setback for a major comeback PG.
Roy Hibbert: Wtf
Skip Bayless: HATE seeing Paul George get hurt in Team USA scrimmage. Hope it's not as bad as it looks, because it looks bad. God bless him.
Kevin Love: Prayers for Paul George
Paul Pierce: My Prayers go out Paul George hurts me so bad seeing my Nba brothers go down on major injury pray for a speedy recovery
Damian Lillard: Prayers up for @Paul_George24 .Everyone take a minute and say a prayer or send some words of encouragement to him. He will come back strong.
Steve Nash: Sick to my stomach for Paul George. He's tough as nails though. He'll be back big time.
Chandler Parsons: Everybody say your prayers for @Paul_George24 and his family. He will come back stronger from this. #USA
Houston Rockets: Best of luck @Paul_George24. Wishing you a speed recovery. #TeamUSA
LA Clippers: Our thoughts are with you @Paul_George24 #OneFamily
DeAndre Jordan: Sending prayers of a healthy and speedy recovery for my brother @Paul_George24! We are all here for you P.
Steph Curry: Pray for PG and his family! Pray for the Doctors overseeing his recovery and that he comes back stronger than before. #USA
John Wall: Everybody pray for my bro @Paul_George24 and wish him a speedy recovery...Luv ya bro !!
Jason Jones: Folks are crazy. They see Paul George's injury and their first post is "I guess they should have kept Lance"
Blake Griffin: Prayers up to @Paul_George24 hate to see that happen to anyone.
Andre Iguodala: Prayers for my man Paul George
Joel Embiid: Dang just learned about the injury. PRAYERS
Dwight Howard: Thoughts and prayers going out to @Paul_George24. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Pacers: Statement from Larry Bird about Paul George
Reggie Miller: Just got home and watched the Paul George highlight, kid hang in there, always light at the end of any dark tunnel!! #GetWell #Pacers4Life
DeMar DeRozan: Prayers go out to my bro @Paul_George24 & his family. Sad day!
Shaun Livingston: I know people are in shock from Paul George's injury. He will be able to bounce back bc he has a warrior mentality.
Victor Oladipo: Man just landed in Orlando and heard what happen to my big bro @Paul_George24 you will come back even stronger fam praying for you bro.
Corey Brewer: Just Like My Football Injury Freak Accident. Same With Paul George Freak Accident. God Is With Us Both. Everything Happens For A Reason.
James Harden: Prayers go out to @Paul_George24 and his family! Keep ya head up G!
Cleveland Cavaliers: Our thoughts go out to @Paul_George24 and we wish you a fast recovery. #AllForOne
Harrison Barnes: Prayers for @Paul_George24 and a speedy recovery
JR Smith: Thinking bout my bro #PG
Jamal Crawford: Praying for Paul George..
Jeff Teague: That stuff is crazy man I hate to see anyone get hurt but pg the ultimate competitor and a real cool dude it messed me up
Mario Chalmers: Prayers go up to my homie @Paul_George24. We prayin for u bra. Hate to see athletes get hurt
Isaiah Thomas: Prayers out 2 Paul George!! Hate to see stuff like that happen smh
Dwyane Wade: Praying for @Paul_George24 for not only the player he is but the person he is. Injuries are thee toughest part of sports
DeMarcus Cousins: Prayers pout to Paul George and his family. Stay strong brother
Tracy McGrady:Man I hate to see that happen to my man PG. Get well soon bro.

It's warm to see so many nba players are showing love to PG. :applause:

Source Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2ce9px/twitter_reacts_to_paul_georges_injury/)

I'm sorry about the injury, PG. Get well soon. But, @HIBBERT :roll: :roll:

navy
08-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't follow his twitter, maybe ... Not out there per se, but why the praying for peace line? It made no sense in the specific continuity about Paul George. I think KD comes off REALLY phony.
It's not just his twitter. He has always been religious from tattoos to nickname choosing.

He was talking about inner peace. Comment seemed fine if you saw how distraught people where. :confusedshrug:

Forget basketball. I hope the leg is repairable for walking.

navy
08-02-2014, 12:15 AM
lol how did you accumulate all those negs?
ISH idiots. :oldlol:

UK2K
08-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Paul George ✔ @Paul_George24
Follow
Thanks everybody for the love and support.. I'll be ok and be back better than ever!!! Love y'all!! #YoungTrece
12:09 AM - 2 Aug 2014

Fudge
08-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Paul George ✔ @Paul_George24
Follow
Thanks everybody for the love and support.. I'll be ok and be back better than ever!!! Love y'all!! #YoungTrece
12:09 AM - 2 Aug 2014
:applause:

lakerfreak
08-02-2014, 12:20 AM
lol @ Hibbert

SamuraiSWISH
08-02-2014, 12:20 AM
It's not just his twitter. He has always been religious from tattoos to nickname choosing.

He was talking about inner peace. Comment seemed fine if you saw how distraught people where.
You're not educating me on anything I don't already know, it still seemed off ... and self serving "look at me I'm a jesus freak" with the whole praying for peace line. It being about inner peace is reaching. And the "supernatural healing" bit ... just OD to me.

MavsPoke
08-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Great post OP. Thanks for posting that.

imnew09
08-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Great post OP. Thanks for posting that.

Yea no problem man.

It's great seeing so MANY players supporting another player when they're down. It's a great lesson in life that we should always appreciate our fam, and friends, and etc

DaSeba5
08-02-2014, 01:06 AM
I love seeing everyone support George. :applause:

Xiengqichess
08-02-2014, 01:06 AM
I actually had tears on my eyes. I am not a PGs fan but feel bad all afternoon.
He sacrificed for his country did he?

DMV2
08-02-2014, 01:17 AM
My heart sunk after seeing the replay, can't really stomach that kinda stuff.

dannywpt
08-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Sorry for being a jerk, but praying isn't gonna do shit. I love that a few players and teams like the Heat stick to sending their thoughts and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Quizno
08-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Sorry for being a jerk, but praying isn't gonna do shit. I love that a few players and teams like the Heat stick to sending their thoughts and wishing him a speedy recovery.
what the **** is sending thoughts gonna do? that's more effective than praying how? they both do nothing, you just come off as an overzealous atheist asshole

dannywpt
08-02-2014, 05:57 AM
what the **** is sending thoughts gonna do? that's more effective than praying how? they both do nothing, you just come off as an overzealous atheist asshole

It lets him know that they are thinking of him and that they wish him all the best. Praying on the other hand...

JimmyMcAdocious
08-02-2014, 06:12 AM
It lets him know that they are thinking of him and that they wish him all the best. Praying on the other hand...

Achieves the same thing?

dannywpt
08-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Achieves the same thing?

Supporting someone is kind of a human interaction thingie, don't know if you guys do that to others.

Praying for someone is living in the stone age.

DMV2
08-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Hoping, wishing, praying are the same fcking meaning with some slight variations depending on context.

Jesus fcking Christ, people these days... :facepalm

Penny37
08-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Supporting someone is kind of a human interaction thingie, don't know if you guys do that to others.

Praying for someone is living in the stone age.
Why is it that everyone in the society is pro-choice and freedom of religion etc. etc. but as soon as someone says something remotely Christian he gets blasted?

Angel Face
08-02-2014, 07:33 AM
:oldlol: at Roy Hibbert's tweet.

Hoopz2332
08-02-2014, 08:20 AM

IDK why, but this post cracked me up:oldlol:

PizzamanIRL
08-02-2014, 09:26 AM
CTRL+F on first page 'pray' = 52 results.

Pray all they want it's not going to speed it up.

dannywpt
08-02-2014, 09:33 AM
CTRL+F on first page 'pray' = 52 results.

Pray all they want it's not going to speed it up.

Whoa, don't come here with that shit, people will get really riled up and neg you.

Religion is a really touchy subject over in the US it seems.

tomtucker
08-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Go to any college campus.

People are all just staring at their phones.

so sad........people used to talk to eachother when i was in school

oarabbus
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM
:applause:
You're not educating me on anything I don't already know, it still seemed off ... and self serving "look at me I'm a jesus freak" with the whole praying for peace line. It being about inner peace is reaching. And the "supernatural healing" bit ... just OD to me.

Agree 100%. Whole thing is a bit off-kilter to me. Supernatural healing, I dunno what that's about.

Whoa, don't come here with that shit, people will get really riled up and neg you.

Religion is a really touchy subject over in the US it seems.

Yeah it is. I feel what you're saying, and I'm in California but there are still a lot of religious people who fail to see the inconsistencies and hypocrisy in organized religion.

raprap
08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Love the spellings.

Nowitness
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Why is praying and God littered all over the messages? The dude is a millionaire who gets catfished, he didn't get diagnosed with cancer after being homeless his whole life.

Lol religion.

Jailblazers7
08-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Hibbert made me lol

Yeah that was actually funny

moe94
08-02-2014, 10:19 PM
lol @ people getting mad at people saying "praying for you"

I don't think anyone is literally going to pray lol