PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Bulls to look at trading Gibson for a secondary creator...

poido123
08-02-2014, 08:30 AM
As most of us know, the Bulls are loaded at the PF position.

Gibson to me seems to be the odd one out and a luxury.

We have had problems with shooters, we addressed that, but I think we need one more player who can break guys down off the dribble in the backcourt.

Any thoughts to who would be a target by the trade deadline?

Waiters would be perfect, but I doubt cleveland would help us there...

We have Brooks, but I'm not sure if we can rely on him for that secondary creator role. More of an occasional sparkplug...

JohnFreeman
08-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Bledsoe

nathanjizzle
08-02-2014, 08:40 AM
taj for PG

#investforthefuture.

poido123
08-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Bledsoe

He would be great, but we won't get him :oldlol:

kshutts1
08-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Finally starting to come around?

There are not many out there...

My pipe dream is Taj, Dunleavy and a future first and second for Derozan.

Then Dunleavy and a protected first for Ezeli, Kuzmic and Draymond Green.

Kevin Martin may not be able to create off the bounce, but he can score...
Martin and Turiaf for Gibson (Wolves likely only do this if they trade Love to Cavs)

JR Smith is a headcase, but fits the bill otherwise, if we're willing to take the risk.

poido123
08-02-2014, 09:27 AM

Martin and Turiaf for Gibson (Wolves likely only do this if they trade Love to Cavs)

JR Smith is a headcase, but fits the bill otherwise, if we're willing to take the risk.

It wasn't so much that I hadn't come around to the idea, just that it would sure up things better with more overall balance for the team.

I'd say we are good now, but some tweaking could make things better for us.

Jameerthefear
08-02-2014, 09:30 AM

lmao

niko
08-02-2014, 09:36 AM

TAKE THE RISK. TAKE THE RISK.

poido123
08-02-2014, 09:54 AM
TAKE THE RISK. TAKE THE RISK.

:lol

He's alone on that one.

JR, no thanks

Yankstar
08-02-2014, 10:01 AM
JR is not a risk, as long as you stick to one year contracts. Its not like anyone is stupid enough to sign him to a multi year contract right? :confusedshrug:

DMAVS41
08-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Nah...Gibson is great for the Bulls.

He's on a nice contract and he's perfect for Thibs.

It's all predicated on Rose.

If Rose is back to himself...and they get some production out of Doug and Mirotic...they are going to be better than ever.

And that isn't even talking about Gasol.

The Bulls don't need to make moves to be honest. They just need to be healthy.

if they are healthy...they will win 60 or so games and at worst make the conference finals.

ballinhun8
08-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Can we at least see if Mirotic is good??

If he's a bust then we would only have that luxury.

Not to mention, I love Taj. He's the perfect embodiments of this team. Gives his all, is a team player, checks his ego at the door, and he's good for a poster or two a week! I don't wanna deal him unless we know there is a proven scorer/creator to be had at the trade deadline.

I wanna see this current team play it out for the first half of the season.

poido123
08-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Can we at least see if Mirotic is good??

If he's a bust then we would only have that luxury.

Not to mention, I love Taj. He's the perfect embodiments of this team. Gives his all, is a team player, checks his ego at the door, and he's good for a poster or two a week! I don't wanna deal him unless we know there is a proven scorer/creator to be had at the trade deadline.

I wanna see this current team play it out for the first half of the season.

I mean no disrespect to taj, but if we were going to look for that extra creator, taj would be the one we could possibly net someone with and not hurt us too much.

Like ive said, we likely have enough now, we have unique combinations and weapons at our disposal and a legit two way team.

If we need the small tweek, we can look at that at the deadline, like you said :cheers:

I have little doubt on mirotic contributing. He's not your typical rookie and he is a player who has played at a high level already. He also has gasol to mentor him and guide him along in his first year in the NBA.

poido123
08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Nah...Gibson is great for the Bulls.

He's on a nice contract and he's perfect for Thibs.

It's all predicated on Rose.

If Rose is back to himself...and they get some production out of Doug and Mirotic...they are going to be better than ever.

And that isn't even talking about Gasol.

The Bulls don't need to make moves to be honest. They just need to be healthy.

if they are healthy...they will win 60 or so games and at worst make the conference finals.

I've been confident on bulls chances for a while, I guess I read so much on the negatives it starts to make me have second thoughts...

One issue that has come to mind is how we mix and match our lineups. I just hope thibs maximizes our offensive weapons and doesn't get stuck with his old thinking of ignoring the rookies.

GimmeThat
08-02-2014, 10:39 AM
only McDermott compliments Gibson so well, and not nessecarily Gasol, unless you keep Noah on the floor at the same time.

just noticed that Dunleavy is 33 years old.

poido123
08-02-2014, 10:46 AM
only McDermott compliments Gibson so well, and not nessecarily Gasol, unless you keep Noah on the floor at the same time.

just noticed that Dunleavy is 33 years old.

:lol yeah, he is.

Dunleavys game isn't reliant on athleticism. A high IQ player that shooters the ball can go into their late 30's, look at Allen.

JohnFreeman
08-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Gibson for Teague straight up :oldlol:

smoovegittar
08-02-2014, 10:53 AM
I think here is where you might be missing Nate the Great Robinson a little.

GimmeThat
08-02-2014, 10:54 AM
:lol yeah, he is.

Dunleavys game isn't reliant on athleticism. A high IQ player that shooters the ball can go into their late 30's, look at Allen.

right, but since I'm complimenting Gibson, clearly what I'm concerned about is the rebounding at the 3 position.

GimmeThat
08-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Gibson for Teague straight up :oldlol:

Aaron Brooks got game though

D-FENS
08-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Trading him to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and PJ Hairston
#longtermgoals

D-FENS
08-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Taj Gibson & Al Jefferson? Perfect compliment.
#WeGoTogetherLikeRamaLamaLamaKaDingaDaDingaDong

poido123
08-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Trading him to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and PJ Hairston
#longtermgoals

Gibson for lance Pipedream...:(

Honestly, best to wait til the trade deadline and see where the team is at then. We might be able to do something if needed.

Akrazotile
08-02-2014, 11:11 AM
One thing to remember is Pau is a very good creator from the post. He'll instantly increase the quality of shots the Bulls get.

I agree it would be helpful for them to perhaps have a microwave on the bench, perhaps a nate robinson as mentioned. But they can probably find a suitable one somewhere eventually without having to give up Gibson.

smoovegittar
08-02-2014, 11:13 AM
One thing to remember is Pau is a very good creator from the post. He'll instantly increase the quality of shots the Bulls get.

I agree it would be helpful for them to perhaps have a microwave on the bench, perhaps a nate robinson as mentioned. But they can probably find a suitable one somewhere without having to give up Gibson.
I agree with this. They just need a waterbug to keep opponents "D" busy. Pau is gonna work out well for the Bulls.

poido123
08-02-2014, 11:17 AM

I agree it would be helpful for them to perhaps have a microwave on the bench, perhaps a nate robinson as mentioned. But they can probably find a suitable one somewhere eventually without having to give up Gibson.

I just don't think I could bare a repeat of lebron/team trapping rose all over again and nobody else to depend on to create off the dribble. :(

You're right, gasols passing and post play will make teams more accountable and our shooters are a lot stronger than years past to improve the floor spacing...

poido123
08-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Not quite as good as Nate, but we have brooks as that instant offense, do something off the dribble player...see how he goes...

JohnFreeman
08-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I always thought Millsap and Noah would be awesome

Rocketswin2013
08-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Rose, Gasol, and Noah will all create for guys who can't for themselves like Dunleavy, Butler, Hinrich, etc through their passing.

No need for anybody else.

Geriatric
08-02-2014, 11:46 AM
After watching the summer league games, I have a little bit of hope that Tony Snell is on his way to becoming someone who can go get his own shot too. He looked aggressive scoring the ball from all over the floor and had a lot of success taking it to the rim. But then again, summer league...

imdaman99
08-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Agreed. You need someone to take the pressure off Rose because I don't think he should be the only guy creating. The problem is that Rose has an ego and doesn't want anyone coming that could replace him. That's what my cousin (who lives, breathes, eats, shits Bulls) says, it's the biggest reason he never recruited any free agents. He didn't want Melo there because he doesn't want anyone stealing his limelight. It's starting to make sense, the dude does the opposite of recruiting and chases free agents away.

But someone who is clear #2 and not a star, maybe Rose can handle that.

Genaro
08-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Gasol will probably get hurt at some point, you have in Gibson a great replacement when it happens. I wouldn't trade him.