PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul George done?

BigBoss
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
This guy was supposed to be the next big thing last season but couldn't make the push to superstar status. Now with the gruesome injury its safe to say he won't be doing any 360 windmills again. Will he ever avg 20 ppg again?

KendrickPerkins
08-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Is Paul George done?
No

Will he ever avg 20 ppg again?
Definitely

HylianNightmare
08-02-2014, 02:26 PM
I hope not. He struggled last year so I expected a bit more this year being the man

BlackWhiteGreen
08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Not done, but I don't know if he'll ever be as good again

GODbe
08-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think LeBald pulls this stuff to end players careers. It's just temporary. Look at Rose. He just wants another easy finals appearance, then when George is back he'll go on to use voodoo on another top east threat.

GrapeApe
08-02-2014, 02:43 PM
He had no tissue damage. Much better than an ACL tear, achilles tear, etc. Those and joint injuries are much more problematic. He'll be back to all-star form rather quickly IMO.

LALakerFan4Life
08-02-2014, 02:48 PM
No.

step_back
08-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Bone breaks are much easier to repair. Granted his was an awful injury but it's much worse to injure or tear a ligament or tendon. Little blood and oxygen supply means they can take years to fully recover.

He should be back before the end of the year.

Kblaze8855
08-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Its a broken bone....

He could come back exactly the same if he doesnt hold himself back.

DMAVS41
08-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Not at all.

He'll be 100% by the start of the 2016 season.

Honestly, the Pacers could really use this season and just tank. Trade Hibbert. Try to get someone to take George Hill.

Get West to opt out next summer and give him a long term deal but low for far lower.

Maybe 4 years 28 million.

He'll be 34 going into next season anyway.

Have tons of cap space and hopefully get some picks or young guys for Hibbert and Hill...maybe a top 5 pick on their own if they blow this team up.

This Pacers team wasn't winning shit as presently constructed anyway. Might as well start the rebuild process now rather than wasting next year.

IncarceratedBob
08-02-2014, 04:53 PM
This same injury ruined Sid Vicious' career. I think George will come back but I see dirty players like Patrick Beverly trying to re-break the bone effectively ending his career.

NumberSix
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Sounds like it's a simple clean bone break. The bone will heal. I hope the dude gets better.

oarabbus
08-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Its a broken bone....

He could come back exactly the same if he doesnt hold himself back.

This... do that many people here really not know the difference in severity of a broken bone vs a ligament or tendon :biggums:

Milbuck
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
This... do that many people here really not know the difference in severity of a broken bone vs a ligament or tendon :biggums:
People are getting carried away by how visually gruesome it was..structurally though he's in a better spot than he would've been in had it been a severe ACL tear or Achilles rupture. I'd be surprised if he wasn't back to 100%.

Inferno
08-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Hopefully not, but I was him I'd be scared shitless to ever jump again

edrick
08-02-2014, 05:56 PM
It looked awful, but it was also the best case scenario of just a clean break.

RedBlackAttack
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
That break looked absolutely horrific and I even let out an audible "yelp" when it happened. But, there are a lot more career-threatening injuries than a clean compound fracture. I have no reason to believe his recovery will be a problem. Stress fractures that splinter are far more serious than compound fractures.

jzek
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
See: Granger

ABG
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
He should be back before the end of the year.
i really doubt that.

step_back
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM
i really doubt that.

You'd be surprised how fast bone heals. By back I mean returning to the game/ practices.

The injury looked horrific but it's no way near as bad the Shawn Livingston injury. He was out for a few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFs4a-Bb-c

Angel Face
08-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Realistically, no... he's not done, it's up to his mental game to decide if he's done or not. He may have a snapped his leg but its not different from other injuries like tearing acl, it's just more visual and it also takes time to heal, although injuries like that would have more impact in your mental game.

Funnyfuka
08-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Yes, he s done.

Yankstar
08-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Yes, he s done.

Done like D rose? :confusedshrug:

Funnyfuka
08-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Done like D rose? :confusedshrug:
rose will never be the same again and will prolly reinjure his knees very soon.

Lebron23
08-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Ware is back on the court after 8 months. Unless PG is suffering from muscle memory syndrome.

deja vu
08-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Physically he'll be back. The mental part is the hard one.

Yankstar
08-03-2014, 12:42 AM

Real talk :applause:

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Uh..we've seen him on court already, and he looked exactly like his old self.

sekachu
08-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Hopefully not, but I was him I'd be scared shitless to ever jump again

Right to the point. Mentality will definitely be affected. Unless he is as tought as MJ which I don't see from him

ImKobe
08-03-2014, 03:29 AM
People are overreacting like crazy here. He broke his leg in a gruesome way yes, but bones heal and his leg will be stronger than ever. It's all up to him. He could come back and be better than ever if he has the right mentality.

The leg injury will take quite some time to heal both mentally and physically, but his body will get back to 100%.

"What I've learned through this process is that it's not ]career-ending]," Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard told the Indianapolis Star on Saturday, when he spent time with George at the hospital. "It's actually a good thing. It's bone and bone only. It doesn't look like any soft-tissue damage. We're not trying to project when he's coming back, just trying to get him through this week and then we'll know more, but the biggest risk right now is infection. That looks really good right now. They just changed his dressing and it looks really good.

"The thing about breaking a bone is that if you get it back in the appropriate position, it can be as good as new,'' said Dr. James Gladstone, the co-chief of sports medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. "If the muscle is not involved and the bone and muscle are fully healed, then I think he will get back [to his previous form]."

Gladstone, who is not treating George, said it usually takes athletes nine to 12 months to completely recover from this type of injury. If that timetable holds up, the earliest possible return for George would be May, when the NBA playoffs are in full swing.

"Doctors said give him at least three months before he can start putting weight on it,"

morbius
08-03-2014, 04:05 AM
Jordan broke his leg and came back 100%. Ditto for Stojakovic, same kind of fracture as George.

ImKobe
08-03-2014, 04:12 AM
MJ broke his leg and was deemed out for next season until he pushed the management to put him back in early (it was a huge gamble on MJ's part) and he
got them into the Playoffs and dropped 63 on the Celtics

The Bulls were 9-9 with him in the regular season, but were 21-43 without him.

Of course, MJ broke a small bone and it's not comparable to what George will have to go through, but bones heal in time and without any ligament or tendon damage, he will be 100% physically.

played0ut
08-03-2014, 04:53 AM
nahh. It's a bone break. When bone breaks heal, they're neither more likely or less likely to break again.

So physiologically, he'll be as good as new. Any difference/limitations would be psychological.