PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Valanciunas Looking HUGE

Smook A.
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
http://gs.delfi.lt/images/pix/jonas-valanciunas-ir-jo-fizinio-rengimo-treneris-65442694.jpg

Averaged 11/9/1 (Played 28 mpg) in his 2nd NBA season and it's crazy to think he's just 22 years old.

He's already getting stronger and has a couple years before he reaches his prime. Just how good is he going to be when he's around 27 years old?

oarabbus
08-02-2014, 05:47 PM
:applause:

I drafted him in fantasy last year and it was definitely too early. This could be the year though.

RedBlackAttack
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
He looks a little heavy, tbh. Appears as though he is sucking in his stomach. :confusedshrug:

raprap
08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Big daddy V :applause:

Just2McFly
08-02-2014, 06:03 PM
He looks a little heavy, tbh. Appears as though he is sucking in his stomach. :confusedshrug:
+1

Meticode
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
He's proabbly bulked up a little bit, but he's flexing his chest together and arms while sucking in that stomach too.

In any case I thought Vally would be further along than he us know. The Cavaliers got criticized for not picking Vally and picking Tristan Thompson, but the last two years Thompson has put up 11.7/9.3 in about 31 minutes of play. Which is pretty spot on to Vally, but Vally obviously has a higher ceiling, but I'm not surprised by him yet.

Plus a good body can only do you so good. You'd think by Enes Kanter's body he's be a super-star an all-star. Although he has improved since 2 seasons ago...

http://saltcityhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/enes-kanter-workout-02-616x1024.jpg

KendrickPerkins
08-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Hahahaha fat boy

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I dont get why Raps fans overrate this dude. Is it cuz hes European and has a a long name thats hard to pronounce?

I get the love for Lowry hes a great player. Demar has a lot of potential but i dont see anything worth overrating in this dude. Hes a run of the mill Euro big with some skills but ultimately wont have much impact

RedBlackAttack
08-02-2014, 06:45 PM
I really wanted Valanciunas to go along with Kyrie in that 2011 draft, but I'd say he has been a bit of a disappointment so far. He's a solid NBA starter, nothing more. I remember during Summer League last year the word was that he was really going to break out this year.

His minutes increased. His game pretty much stayed the same, at least from what I saw. He's still raw offensively. On the bright side, he committed a lot less fouls, which was a big problem his first year.

But, 11 points and 8.8 rebounds in 28+ minutes a night is pretty good for a second year player, but not exactly the sign of a huge explosion that is imminent. Despite his size, he doesn't strike me as a really great rebounder. He also averaged under a block per game last year, making him a pretty poor rim protector.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I expected a little better by this stage, though.

Meticode
08-02-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm not saying he's a bad player. I expected a little better by this stage, though.
Same, especially since people said he's further along offensively than Thompson ever was and probably ever will be.

Just2McFly
08-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Casey is restricting his growth.... those mpg numbers are deceiving too. JV will be looking damn near dominant for the first eight minutes of the game and then be taken out for over a quarter, for no reason... casey just shit all over JV sometimes.

CavaliersFTW
08-02-2014, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JlJ36Qu.gif

IGOTGAME
08-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Casey is restricting his growth.... those mpg numbers are deceiving too. JV will be looking damn near dominant for the first eight minutes of the game and then be taken out for over a quarter, for no reason... casey just shit all over JV sometimes.

that is what I see too. they just take him out and go away from him.

Done_And_Done
08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I really wanted Valanciunas to go along with Kyrie in that 2011 draft, but I'd say he has been a bit of a disappointment so far. He's a solid NBA starter, nothing more. I remember during Summer League last year the word was that he was really going to break out this year.

His minutes increased. His game pretty much stayed the same, at least from what I saw. He's still raw offensively. On the bright side, he committed a lot less fouls, which was a big problem his first year.

But, 11 points and 8.8 rebounds in 28+ minutes a night is pretty good for a second year player, but not exactly the sign of a huge explosion that is imminent. Despite his size, he doesn't strike me as a really great rebounder. He also averaged under a block per game last year, making him a pretty poor rim protector.

Although his stateline fails to indicate it, the gap between first and second year Jonas was pretty discernible RB. If you had an opportunity to watch him as closely as I did last season, his level of improvement would have been far more obvious to you.

Throughout much of the season he was also contending against questionable decision making by Casey which I believe stifled his confidence at times. Mind you, I feel like he responded well to the frustrating challenges bestowed on him. His evolution thus far is definitely something that no true Raptor fan is concerned with at this point.

L8krH8tr
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
all that bulk isnt good for you knees

flipogb
08-02-2014, 07:32 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/20/article-0-0B43AA9100000578-730_634x574.jpg

Kungfro
08-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Casey has definitely kept Jonas on a very short leash in his first two seasons. I'm really hoping that comes to an end this season, no reason for him to be averaging less then 30 min a game.

RedBlackAttack
08-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Although his stateline fails to indicate it, the gap between first and second year Jonas was pretty discernible RB. If you had an opportunity to watch him as closely as I did last season, his level of improvement would have been far more obvious to you.

Throughout much of the season he was also contending against questionable decision making by Casey which I believe stifled his confidence at times. Mind you, I feel like he responded well to the frustrating challenges bestowed on him. His evolution thus far is definitely something that no true Raptor fan is concerned with at this point.
I'm not a Raptors fan obviously so I'm not asserting that the limited action I have seen from Val is the be-all, end-all. I also understand how watching a guy every night can give you the kind of insight into his game that casual observers wouldn't recognize. It happens all the time with guys on the Cavs that get a reputation for one thing well past when they deserved it.

I still think Val could be very good. The one area that I'm definitely disappointed and I feel pretty strongly about is his ability as a rim protector. I thought he had a lot of potential to become one of those rare commodities when I was watching him prior to the draft. Regardless of what Casey is doing, rim protecting centers don't average under a block a game when playing 28+ minutes a night.

Even Spencer Hawes, who is considered a poor defender, averaged better than that in essentially every season he has played in the NBA.

Guys either have that timing/instinct or they don't.

inclinerator
08-02-2014, 07:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qospyBP.jpg

Twiens
08-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Could easily put up like 16/10 if given consistent minutes and touches, too often the offense turns to Demar/Kyle iso's.

alenleomessi
08-02-2014, 08:43 PM
http://saltcityhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/enes-kanter-workout-02-616x1024.jpg
how do dumbbell curls improve his game i wonder
i guess he is getting prepared for his post-nba career.. which should be pretty soon.. sad, he had so much potential.. just another brainless euro

no pun intended
08-02-2014, 09:23 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/roy-hibbert-dwarfs-tim-duncan.jpg

Ass Dan
08-02-2014, 09:45 PM

Tristan Thompson averaged 11.4 and 9.7 in his second year and Cav fans constantly b*tch that he's a bust and went way too high.

Looks like the scouts were more on point than we thought.

KG215
08-02-2014, 10:38 PM
On the Casey limiting him or stunting his growth, I do sort of get where Raptors fans are coming from. Other than the two times they played OKC, I probably watched about 10-15 Raptors games on League Pass this year (one of those teams I eventually became a little infatuated with and liked watching) and there were a few of those games it'd seem like Jonas would get off to a strong start -- something like 10-12 quick points in the first quarter -- and it was pretty obvious whoever they were playing couldn't contain him. Then he'd disappear to the bench for awhile, for some reason, or would just simply stop getting touches as DeRozan started trying to get more involved in the offense. Some games it wasn't a big deal because DeRozan was "on", but other games DeRozan couldn't get anything going and Jonas still stopped getting touches.

poido123
08-02-2014, 10:44 PM
http://gs.delfi.lt/images/pix/jonas-valanciunas-ir-jo-fizinio-rengimo-treneris-65442694.jpg

Averaged 11/9/1 (Played 28 mpg) in his 2nd NBA season and it's crazy to think he's just 22 years old.

He's already getting stronger and has a couple years before he reaches his prime. Just how good is he going to be when he's around 27 years old?

Has a similar body shape to me, his arms aren't all that muscly either.

I wouldn't be too concerned here, he will be fine.

Meticode
08-02-2014, 10:47 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/roy-hibbert-dwarfs-tim-duncan.jpg
I never understood this picture. Compared to Splitter and Duncan, Hibbert looks like he's 7'5" and 320 pounds. :oldlol:

CelticBaller
08-02-2014, 10:56 PM
I never understood this picture. Compared to Splitter and Duncan, Hibbert looks like he's 7'5" and 320 pounds. :oldlol:
i always though that was the shopped version

KG215
08-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Either it's the perfect example of how camera angles can be very deceiving, or it's shopped. But yeah, something definitely seems off because Hibbert looks like he towers over Duncan, Splitter, and Mahinmi. The latter three are listed at 6'11" and Hibbert at 7'2", yet Hibbert looks like he's at least 6 inches taller than them in that picture.

no pun intended
08-03-2014, 02:12 AM
i always though that was the shopped version
nah this is original lmao

G-train
08-03-2014, 02:49 AM
questionable decision making by Casey which I believe stifled his confidence at times.

THIS

avonbarksdale
08-03-2014, 02:58 AM
he is so good

Brook(lyn)Lopez
08-03-2014, 02:59 AM
how do dumbbell curls improve his game i wonder
i guess he is getting prepared for his post-nba career.. which should be pretty soon.. sad, he had so much potential.. just another brainless euro

Turkey is barely in Europe, and Kanter is from the huge majority of the country in Asia you imbecile.

SexSymbol
08-03-2014, 03:03 AM
His level of play is much better than what his stats indicate, Casey is an idiot, Val barely gets any passes.

andremiller07
08-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Could easily put up like 16/10 if given consistent minutes and touches, too often the offense turns to Demar/Kyle iso's.
They could do that if Toronto wanted to tank, I would take Val or Craptar and TT anyday of the week but.

Kungfro
08-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Jonas Valanciunas Tries Teaching Raptors Dancers Lithuanian Moves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QeL5NaazHI)

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Turkey is barely in Europe, and Kanter is from the huge majority of the country in Asia you imbecile.

And only an American idiot wouldn't know that Turkey is considered European historically and politically.

It was the freaking base of the freaking Roman Empire for centuries you moron.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
08-03-2014, 04:01 AM
And only an American idiot wouldn't know that Turkey is considered European historically and politically.

It was the freaking base of the freaking Roman Empire for centuries you moron.

The fact that the Babylonian Empire existed hundreds of years ago in modern day Turkey is entirely irrelevant to a discussion of why Turkish ballers are not just "euro ballers" and the demographics of Turkey keep it from being entirely European although it does/has made attempts to be a part of the Euro zone rather than the middle east. Too bad anyone with a brain considers it more part of the Middle East and only a dumb ass internet troll like yourself would get their panties in a bunch about it.

theaussieguy
08-03-2014, 05:53 AM
but who was aesthetics, big ugly ****a

Sakkreth
08-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Casey just don't like young players with big roles in general. They usually give few feeds inside early in the game for Jonas and he beasts first quarter then he gets benched early anyways. And when he's back on the floor he won't get to touch the ball unless he rebounds it.

poido123
08-03-2014, 06:13 AM
Casey just don't like young players with big roles in general. They usually give few feeds inside early in the game for Jonas and he beasts first quarter then he gets benched early anyways. And when he's back on the floor he won't get to touch the ball unless he rebounds it.

Bad coaches piss me off.

Casey and brooks need to go. I do not like coaches that Hold back players and teams from their full potential.

Nero Tulip
08-03-2014, 06:36 AM
The fact that the Babylonian Empire existed hundreds of years ago in modern day Turkey is entirely irrelevant to a discussion of why Turkish ballers are not just "euro ballers" and the demographics of Turkey keep it from being entirely European although it does/has made attempts to be a part of the Euro zone rather than the middle east. Too bad anyone with a brain considers it more part of the Middle East and only a dumb ass internet troll like yourself would get their panties in a bunch about it.

:wtf:

:roll:

I don't think that's what he was referring to.

Sakkreth
08-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Bad coaches piss me off.

Casey and brooks need to go. I do not like coaches that Hold back players and teams from their full potential.

He's not that bad overall he just have some obvious weaknesses. One of them is bias towards veteran players.

Lebronxrings
08-03-2014, 10:28 AM
calling it right now, he'll be a star in this league and average 14/10 this upcoming season.

andremiller07
08-04-2014, 01:52 AM
calling it right now, he'll be a star in this league and average 14/10 this upcoming season.
A star averages 14/10 with very average defence?

sportjames23
08-04-2014, 02:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JlJ36Qu.gif

LOLOLOL

Swaggin916
08-04-2014, 04:20 AM
ever heard of a bicep curl

Imtheman
08-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Its photoshopped bruh..

dubeta
08-04-2014, 04:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qospyBP.jpg

The Mountain

Legends66NBA7
08-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Dwane Casey wasn't the problem when Jonas missed defensive assignments consistently, turned the ball over when he tries to do too much, had games where he had blatant offensive cylinder interference, and the DUI incident.

Casey isn't holding him back either, Jonas just hasn't been that consistent at times to warrant more touches.

Casey just don't like young players with big roles in general.

DeRozan did a fine job last year playing a bigger role. It's going to come down for Jonas to polish his skills, while adding more size.

NLZ
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
These pictures are fake right? He was never THIS big..

SexSymbol
05-09-2016, 09:07 AM
the funny thing is, Jonas is the best player on the raptors and has been for quite some time now.
Casey is a retarded piece of crap of a coach