PDA

View Full Version : 8/31- Philippines vs. Greece Game Thread -2014 FIBA World

Lebron23
08-03-2014, 01:22 AM
http://mikezanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/spo1newc.jpg

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2014/03/paul-lee-gilas-practice.jpg

http://sports.inquirer.net/files/2014/06/Andray-Blatche.jpg

Blatche will play for the Philippines Team.

http://www.sportsortho.gr/files4users/images/articles/235/b13427270821_17.%204989662.jpg

http://ebaforums.com/images/players/Vassilis-Spanoulis.jpg

MP.Trey
08-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Blatche and these Filipino scrubs bout to put V-Span on blast. Only 28 days.

Just gonna ignore that I have no f*cking clue why Blatche is playing for the Philippines

crisoner
08-03-2014, 01:32 AM
I want a Philippines jersey!!!

no pun intended
08-03-2014, 01:38 AM
lmao at Blatche actually having zero filipino blood

KendrickPerkins
08-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Lmfao

HoopDreams247
08-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Blatche :roll:

josh99
08-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Why a game thread for a game that is nearly a month away?

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Spanoulis isn't even playing at the tournament you morons.

How many times did I tell you he played at the last summer's tournament with a knee and ankle injury, and he played this whole last season with a knee and ankle injury?

All the whole last season he never practiced with his team and he had to take off lots of time during the season and he only played at like 60% during the year. He played at EuroBasket with severe injuries last summer.

I have said that like 10 times already on this subject. That he was never medically cleared to play because of that.

They waited until the last moment before the training camp and did MRIs again on him and he still was not medically cleared. He simply can't keep playing with such bad injuries without resting and because there is no way to risk it since Greece won't insure their players, so his club team Olympiacos wouldn't allow him to play anyway, even if he wanted to risk it.

For Greece, the following players are missing the tournament:

Vassilis Spanoulis - injured

Kosta Koufos - Grizzlies would not let him play (typical NBA team BS)

Stratos Perperpoglou - injured

Loukas Mavrokefalidis - injured

Sofoklis Schortsanitis - injured

Antonis Fotsis, Michael Bramos, Nikos Pappas, Thanasis Antetokounmpo - they didn't come into the team for various reasons evidently.

Dimitris Diamantidis is not playing either, but he does not count as an absence, even though crazy Panathinaikos fans try to claim him as one, because he is retired from the national team.

Every summer for many years now, Greece misses 5-8 key players, and this summer they miss at least that many. So, same old same old.

However, this summer Greece does have one new positive development, which is that they have the best coach they have had since 2008, in Fotis Katsikaris. Every year, from 2009-2013, Greece had bad coaches, and that along with all the players missing tournaments every summer was a problem.

But now that they have a much better coach this summer, even with as usual, so many players being absent, that should help them a lot.

flipogb
08-03-2014, 02:08 AM
not any worse than Ibaka for Spain

josh99
08-03-2014, 02:08 AM

How many times did I have to tell you he played at the last summer's tournament with a knee and ankle injury, and he played this whole last season with a knee and ankle injury?

All the whole last season he never practiced with his team and he had to take off lots of time during the season and he only played at like 60% during the year. He played at EuroBasket with severe injuries last summer.

I have said that like 10 times already on this subject. That he was never medically cleared to play because of that.

They waited until the last moment before the training camp and did MRIs again on him and he still was not medically cleared. He simply can't keep playing with such bad injuries without resting and because there is no way to risk it since Greece won't insure their players.

Kosta Koufos - Grizzlies would not let him play

You could have just said Spanoulis is injured so he won't be playing instead of going on a massive rant... :confusedshrug:
Thanks for the info though.

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 02:15 AM

Just LOL at you thinking those two undeserving scrubs are actually injured :oldlol:

Spanoulis clearly wasn't at the level necessary to play competitive ball against guys like Rose, Lillard, Curry, Durant, etc. It was a respect thing more than anything, really. They didn't want to cut him so they made up an elaborate scenario in which he "really wanted to represent his country" and all that admirable shit..but in reality he was just nowhere near good enough. I shudder to think how badly he'd get destroyed trying to stay with D-Rose, Curry, Thompson, Lillard, Irving, etc. He'd quit basketball on the spot if he was in that position. Luckily the Greek NT got him out of that jam.

And of course that fat turd Sofo isn't on the team. I'm surprised that tub of shit can walk at this point. Another case of the Greek National Team respectfully cutting a guy in no way deserves to be on the team...by not actually cutting him, and instead coming up a respectable excuse.

no pun intended
08-03-2014, 02:18 AM
not any worse than Ibaka for Spain
well at least ibaka lived in spain and speaks fluent spanish. blatche and the phillipines is just random as hell.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:19 AM
You could have just said Spanoulis is injured so he won't be playing instead of going on a massive rant... :confusedshrug:
Thanks for the info though.

Apparently I did though. Because I said it several times here already in that FIBA World Cup thread that the mods deleted.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Just LOL at you thinking those two undeserving scrubs are actually injured :oldlol:

Spanoulis clearly wasn't at the level necessary to play competitive ball against guys like Rose, Lillard, Curry, Durant, etc. It was a respect thing more than anything, really. They didn't want to cut him so they made up an elaborate scenario in which he "really wanted to represent his country" and all that admirable shit..but in reality he was just nowhere near good enough. I shudder to think how badly he'd get destroyed trying to stay with D-Rose, Curry, Thompson, Lillard, Irving, etc. He'd quit basketball on the spot if he was in that position. Luckily the Greek NT got him out of that jam.

And of course that fat turd Sofo isn't on the team. I'm surprised that tub of shit can walk at this point. Another case of the Greek National Team respectfully cutting a guy in no way deserves to be on the team...by not actually cutting him, and instead coming up a respectable excuse.

You do realise V-Span has been playing with injuries and in fixed matches his entire career? Why do you think he struggled so much in the NBA? He was injured and the officials were all threatened by european mobsters to call against him. It's common knowledge in Greece. Everyone knows it. Your just a liar and a racist if you don't believe it. He's more athletic than Westbrook.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:22 AM
well at least ibaka lived in spain and speaks fluent spanish. blatche and the phillipines is just random as hell.
Did Mcgee ever naturalise to Phillippines? Is he playing in this?

Lebron23
08-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Did Mcgee ever naturalise to Phillippines? Is he playing in this?

Only Blatche.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:24 AM

The coach of Greece already said emphatically to the press in Greece that the national team will be built entirely around Spanoulis and based entirely around him for as long as he is still able to play and wants to play and Spanoulis said that is until age 40.

And Spanoulis said he is playing next summer, and the coach said that next summer's team will be built entirely around Spanoulis, getting ready for the Olympics, and that the Olympics team if they qualify will be built entirely around Spanoulis.

You might want to just STFU now because it will save you a lot of crow to eat in the next couple of summers.

It's a warning to you.

DO NOT START TROLLING THAT GIANNIS OWNS GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OFF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You will be in a world of crow eating in the next two years.

You were warned.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:26 AM
You do realise V-Span has been playing with injuries and in fixed matches his entire career? Why do you think he struggled so much in the NBA? He was injured and the officials were all threatened by european mobsters to call against him. It's common knowledge in Greece. Everyone knows it. Your just a liar and a racist if you don't believe it. He's more athletic than Westbrook.

Right, Greece is going to hand over their elite worldwide national team to a guy that one year ago was the 4th best player on a second division Greek club, and in order to make room for him, they are going to "cut" the best player in Europe and the guy that most European basketball historians say is the best Euroleague player of all time..................

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:35 AM
Right, Greece is going to hand over their elite worldwide national team to a guy that one year ago was the 4th best player on a second division Greek club, and in order to make room for him, they are going to "cut" the best player in Europe and the guy that most European basketball historians say is the best Euroleague player of all time..................

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
? no idea what the **** you are talking about in relation to my post. And what happened to me being on your ignore list?

b1imtf
08-03-2014, 02:38 AM
The coach of Greece already said emphatically to the press in Greece that the national team will be built entirely around Spanoulis and based entirely around him for as long as he is still able to play and wants to play and Spanoulis said that is until age 40.

And Spanoulis said he is playing next summer, and the coach said that next summer's team will be built entirely around Spanoulis, getting ready for the Olympics, and that the Olympics team if they qualify will be built entirely around Spanoulis.

You might want to just STFU now because it will save you a lot of crow to eat in the next couple of summers.

It's a warning to you.

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You were warned.

:lol

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 02:40 AM

It's a warning to you.

and/or

THAT SPANOULIS WAS "KICKED OF GREECE'S NATIONAL TEAM"

You were warned.
This is such horseshit and you know it. Why would I be eating crow in the future if I said Giannis was the future of the Greek National Team? Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

He's far and away the best Greek player in the world...at 19 ****ing years old. In the olympics when he's 21 with 3 solid years of pro experience and development against REAL COMPETITION in the NBA under his belt, it's not even gonna be debatable between him and Spanoulis...as if it is right now :oldlol:

Yeah sure, the Greek coach can paint a nice little picture that'll fool that deluded scrub Spanoulis and idiotic fans like you into believing he's still relevant. But the truth is Giannis is the driving force behind that team, they go as far as he goes. He's their leader now, he's going to be their leader for the foreseeable future, both off the court as the face and global image of Greek basketball, and as the on-court leader and best basketball player.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Anyway, Greece has not even played a friendly game yet, so it's hard to know what the coach is thinking, what role he wants the players for, etc.

But I would guess, just based on the current training camp roster, that the team will look something like this:

PG Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas
SG Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis
SF Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou
C Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis

Michalis Tsairelis, Georgios Bogris, and Ioannis Athinaiou all have very good chances to be in the team also though.

The big problem with that team is without Spanoulis, there's basically no one to create their own shot other than Zisis.

Bourousis and Vougioukas are great in the low post, but you have to get them the ball first. Calathes can't shoot. Sloukas and Vasileiadis are very good shooters, but not at making their own shot.

Printezis is great at low post, but again you need to get him the ball first. It's just Zisis that's the only guy that has universal offensive skills. As it was, they had with Spanoulis and Zisis together, they needed a 3rd guy to push them over the top, which if they would have just used Pappas, they would have had that.

Which is bizarre why they did not select Pappas (even though Katsikaris has personal issues with him) because he's also got universal scoring skills.

Just one guy with a complete offensive skills set that will be handling the ball isn't enough. Especially in that ridiculous bracket they are in.

I could see anywhere from out at the 16th finals to a bronze. But realistically with just Zisis as a true scorer, and in that crazy hard bracket, the lack of scoring is too much without Spanoulis.

With all those teams like Spain, Brazil, Serbia, Croatia, etc. all being on that same bracket.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:43 AM
? no idea what the **** you are talking about in relation to my post. And what happened to me being on your ignore list?

You agreed with his claim that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team and was not playing because he wasn't good enough and that they made up that he was injured.

Same with Sofo.

You once again proved your mega troll status.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:45 AM
You agreed with his claim that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team and was not playing because he wasn't good enough and that they made up that he was injured.

Same with Sofo.

You once again proved your mega troll status.

I at no point said anything about handing the team over, just simply pointed out that ANY time v-span has something go wrong you claim he's injured or he's having bias against him from officials/coaches/front offices. You're deluded. You need to wake up and realise that he is a good player and he is far better than he looked with the rockets but he is in no way shape or form as good as you think he is.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Anyway, Greece has not even played a friendly game yet, so it's hard to know what the coach is thinking, what role he wants the players for, etc.

But I would guess, just based on the current training camp roster, that the team will look something like this:

PG Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas
SG Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis
SF Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou
C Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis

Michalis Tsairelis, Georgios Bogris, and Ioannis Athinaiou all have very good chances to be in the team also though.

The big problem with that team is without Spanoulis, there's basically no one to create their own shot other than Zisis.

Bourousis and Vougioukas are great in the low post, but you have to get them the ball first. Calathes can't shoot. Sloukas and Vasileiadis are very good shooters, but not at making their own shot.

Printezis is great at low post, but again you need to get him the ball first. It's just Zisis that's the only guy that has universal offensive skills. As it was, they had with Spanoulis and Zisis together, they needed a 3rd guy to push them over the top, which if they would have just used Pappas, they would have had that.

Which is bizarre why they did not select Pappas (even though Katsikaris has personal issued with him) because he's also got universal scoring skills.

Just one guy with a complete offensive skills set that will be handling the ball isn't enough. Especially in that ridiculous bracket they are in.

I could see anywhere from out at the 16th finals to a bronze. But realistically with just Zisis as a true scorer, and in that crazy hard bracket, the lack of scoring is too much without Spanoulis.

With all those teams like Spain, Brazil, Serbia, Croatia, etc. all being on that same bracket.

A level headed post:applause:

Actually, with PG out for team USA, and Manu out for Argentina, which teams do you think could challenge USA other than Spain, which is an obvious threat?

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 02:47 AM
PG: Derrick Rose/Damian Lillard/Steph Curry >>>>>>>>>>> Nick Calathes/Vangelis Mantzaris/Kostas Sloukas

SG: Klay Thompson/James Harden/Demar Derozan >>>>>>>>>>> Nikos Zisis/Kostas Vasileiadis

SF: Kevin Durant/Chandler Parsons/Klay Thompson > Kostas Papanikolaou/Giannis Antetokounmpo - only reason this isn't another positional blowout for the US is because of Giannis, who is starting by the way.

PF: Anthony Davis/Kevin Durant/Demarcus Cousins >>>>>>>>>>> Georgios Printezis/Kostas Kaimakoglou

C: Demarcus Cousins/Andre Drummond/Anthony Davis >>>>>>>>>>> Ioannis Bourousis/Ian Vougioukas/Andreas Glyniadakis

Fixed for a comparison. That scrub Greek lineup wouldn't average 45ppg in the NBA.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Fixed for a comparison. That scrub Greek lineup wouldn't average 45ppg in the NBA.
You're forgetting that in europe there's no such thing as starters and bench players. It makes no difference if someone starts and the best players don't always start. I have a good friend who posts here who keeps telling me this over and over whenever a player he likes isn't in the starting line up....

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:51 AM
This is such horseshit and you know it. Why would I be eating crow in the future if I said Giannis was the future of the Greek National Team? Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

He's far and away the best Greek player in the world...at 19 ****ing years old. In the olympics when he's 21 with 3 solid years of pro experience and development against REAL COMPETITION in the NBA under his belt, it's not even gonna be debatable between him and Spanoulis...as if it is right now :oldlol:

Yeah sure, the Greek coach can paint a nice little picture that'll fool that deluded scrub Spanoulis and idiotic fans like you into believing he's still relevant. But the truth is Giannis is the driving force behind that team, they go as far as he goes. He's their leader now, he's going to be their leader for the foreseeable future, both off the court as the face and global image of Greek basketball, and as the on-court leader and best basketball player.

Are we talking about the same guy that was the 4th best player on a team in Greece's own version of the D-League last year?

Are we talking about the same player that was the 5th to 6th best player on Greece's under 20 national team last summer?

Are we talking about the same guy that had POS performance in one of the worst teams in the NBA this last season?

Are we talking about the same guy that in NBA summer league was not even scoring in the same amount of points as guys like freaking Dwight Buycks, despite being 100% totally and complete featured by the Bucks summer league team and having total and complete free reign to do whatever he wanted to do every time on every possession?

17.6 points a game in NBA freaking summer league when you are allowed to do whatever you want on every possession? Are you freaking kidding me?

There are guys not even good enough to make a Euroleague roster that can do better than that under the same circumstances.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here?

Is this the SAME player that Greece's coach just said is a role player? That Greece's coach when the media asked would he be the star of the team, the coach said.....he's a kid, just a kid, that's what he is, that's what he's going to be, for some years in this team, a kid.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here? The one that averaged 7 points a game on a 15 win NBA team?

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :biggums:

You live in an alternate universe.

It is probably a good thing for people like you (insane Bucks fans) that Spanoulis isn't playing at this tournament and Perperoglou was injured, because otherwise you would have committed suicide after this summer.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:53 AM
I at no point said anything about handing the team over, just simply pointed out that ANY time v-span has something go wrong you claim he's injured or he's having bias against him from officials/coaches/front offices. You're deluded. You need to wake up and realise that he is a good player and he is far better than he looked with the rockets but he is in no way shape or form as good as you think he is.

AGAIN you just agreed with him that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team because he wasn't good enough to make it and that he isn't injured, and then accused me of lying about it.

You do realize that in like 5 seconds Google can destroy you right? And that since it's Greek national team it's such a huge freaking deal that the articles will also be in English? Or are you THAT freaking retarded?

You have one time to apologize, admit you lied, that you are trolling and to STFU about it before the English articles from online newspapers get posted.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 02:57 AM
AGAIN you just agreed with him that Spanoulis was cut from Greece's national team because he wasn't good enough to make it and that he isn't injured, and then accused me of lying about it.

You do realize that in like 5 seconds Google can destroy you right? And that since it's Greek national team it's such a huge freaking deal that the articles will also be in English? Or are you THAT freaking retarded?

You have one time to apologize, admit you lied, that you are trolling and to STFU about it before the English articles from online newspapers get posted.
No I didn't. You're clearly delusional again. Have a look at what you originally wrote, have a look at what I wrote. I am talking about how you claim he has been playing injured for years with his club sides. You always claim he has some problem and if it wasn't for that he'd be great. Numerous times you have done this. I know he would be on the Greek team right now if he was healthy and so does milbuck, it's just hilarious how often you make up excuses. That's what I'm pointing out, you're just so dense you always misunderstand things and act like a lunatic.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 02:59 AM
A level headed post:applause:

Actually, with PG out for team USA, and Manu out for Argentina, which teams do you think could challenge USA other than Spain, which is an obvious threat?

For the love of GOD

Argentina has no chance with Manu, without Manu - they have NOTHING.

STOP THIS CRAP ALREADY. STOP IT.

For years you troll with that crap.

They can barely even compete at FIBA Americas which in recent years isn't even as good as FIBA Africa. A team like Puerto Rico became better than Argentina, not to mention a full Brazil craps all over them.

Argentina could NEVER even qualify for these tournaments if they played in Europe.

Please will you just stop it already with Argentina. It's ridiculous. The best player they have now in their roster is Campazzo. Do you even know who that is?

Argentina would struggle like freaking hell to make top 16 in EuroBasket. Enough with the stupid Argentina bullshit.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 03:03 AM
For the love of GOD

Argentina has no chance with Manu, without Manu - they have NOTHING.

STOP THIS CRAP ALREADY. STOP IT.

For years you troll with that crap.

They can barely even compete at FIBA Americas which in recent years isn't even as good as FIBA Africa. A team like Puerto Rico became better than Argentina, not to mention a full Brazil craps all over them.

Argentina could NEVER even qualify for these tournaments if they played in Europe.

Please will you just stop it already with Argentina. It's ridiculous. The best player they have now in their roster is Campazzo. Do you even know who that is?

Argentina would struggle like freaking hell to make top 16 in EuroBasket. Enough with the stupid Argentina bullshit.

It's so hard to communicate with you, man. You're impossible.

Not once did I mention Argentina as a threat. I merely informed you and the others that Manu will be out. I said Spain is the obvious threat to the US with that big frontline and playing at home.

I asked who else could be an unexpected threat to USA. That's all and you go catatonic.:lol

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:05 AM
You're forgetting that in europe there's no such thing as starters and bench players. It makes no difference if someone starts and the best players don't always start. I have a good friend who posts here who keeps telling me this over and over whenever a player he likes isn't in the starting line up....

Milbuck has been told that about 100 times also.

He has the IQ of a rock.

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Are we talking about the same guy that was the 4th best player on a team in Greece's own version of the D-League last year?

Are we talking about the same player that was the 5th to 6th best player on Greece's under 20 national team last summer?

Are we talking about the same guy that had POS performance in one of the worst teams in the NBA this last season?

Are we talking about the same guy that in NBA summer league was not even scoring in the same amount of points as guys like freaking Dwight Buycks, despite being 100% totally and complete featured by the Bucks summer league team and having total and complete free reign to do whatever he wanted to do every time on every possession?

17.6 points a game in NBA freaking summer league when you are allowed to do whatever you want on every possession? Are you freaking kidding me?

There are guys not even good enough to make a Euroleague roster that can do better than that under the same circumstances.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here?

Is this the SAME player that Greece's coach just said is a role player? That Greece's coach when the media asked would he be the star of the team, the coach said.....he's a kid, just a kid, that's what he is, that's what he's going to be, for some years in this team, a kid.

Is that the SAME player we are talking about here? The one that averaged 7 points a game on a 15 win NBA team?

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :biggums:

You live an alternate universe.

It is probably a good thing for people like you (insane Bucks fans) that Spanoulis isn't playing at this tournament an Perperoglou was injured, because otherwise you would have committed suicide after this summer.
I'm talking about the guy that at 18 years old was 100% clearly better than Spanoulis ever was. When Spanoulis was at his ABSOLUTE PEAK, he was just barely able to crack a professional league's roster for the first time in his career...and he put up an abysmal 2.7ppg on 32% shooting and got cut after around 30 games. And the saddest part is that Giannis has barely scratched the surface of who he is going to be as a player..we're talking a guy who has reached like 20% of his potential right now..and he's still better than the supposed "Euroleague GOAT" ever was, and it's not even remotely close. When Giannis hits his prime, comparing him to Spanoulis will be like comparing prime Michael Jordan to 40 year old Kurt Thomas.

I'm talking about the guy who as a 17 year old, so before he was a legal adult...made the Greek League All Star team, which is just unheard of. He was shitting on the best competition Euroleague had to offer as a ****ing 17 year old. At 17 I was going to prom, taking exams and shit..while Giannis at the same age was embarrassing grown men in the Greek League.

I'm talking about the guy who has been called by tons of sources the best prospect of his draft, and the kid that should have been drafted #1 if only there was better scouting available for players in Greek League.

I'm talking about the guy who is already the greatest Euroleague player to ever live...who dominated so thoroughly that he left to go pro and do bigger and better things with his life when he was ****ing 18 years old.

Giannis is the Greek future, Spanoulis is the rotting corpse of a mediocre era. Accept it and move on.

scandisk_
08-03-2014, 03:10 AM
We're goin to get embarrassed. :oldlol: Can't wait to see dudes get shatted on :rockon:

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 03:13 AM
I'm talking about the guy that at 18 years old was 100% clearly better than Spanoulis ever was. When Spanoulis was at his ABSOLUTE PEAK, he was just barely able to crack a professional league's roster for the first time in his career...and he put up an abysmal 2.7ppg on 32% shooting and got cut after around 30 games. And the saddest part is that Giannis has barely scratched the surface of who he is going to be as a player..we're talking a guy who has reached like 20% of his potential right now..and he's still better than the supposed "Euroleague GOAT" ever was, and it's not even remotely close. When Giannis hits his prime, comparing him to Spanoulis will be like comparing prime Michael Jordan to 40 year old Kurt Thomas.

I'm talking about the guy who as a 17 year old, so before he was a legal adult...made the Greek League All Star team, which is just unheard of. He was shitting on the best competition Euroleague had to offer as a ****ing 17 year old. At 17 I was going to prom, taking exams and shit..while Giannis at the same age was embarrassing grown men in the Greek League.

I'm talking about the guy who has been called by tons of sources the best prospect of his draft, and the kid that should have been drafted #1 if only there was better scouting available for players in Greek League.

I'm talking about the guy who is already the greatest Euroleague player to ever live...who dominated so thoroughly that he left to go pro and do bigger and better things with his life when he was ****ing 18 years old.

Giannis is the Greek future, Spanoulis is the rotting corpse of a mediocre era. Accept it and move on.

Is this a serious post?:roll:

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:20 AM
It's so hard to communicate with you, man. You're impossible.

Not once did I mention Argentina as a threat. I merely informed you and the others that Manu will be out. I said Spain is the obvious threat to the US with that big frontline and playing at home.

I asked who else could be an unexpected threat to USA. That's all and you go catatonic.:lol

No, you said "now that Manu is out" - meaning you clearly implied they could do something with Manu.

They can't do a damn thing with or without him.

They are NOT as good as even Puerto Rico. When was the last time you watched FIBA Americas? Oh that's right....NBA only fans don't watch it.

Argentina can't do jack shit.

Even with Manu and Greece without Spanoulis, they would not do shit against Greece. What part of this can't you grasp?

How the hell can any serious person even consider for one second that Argentina can do anything?

GET REAL.

They are a freaking joke at this point.

Campazzo is a real nice young point guard but that's not enough to get you anywhere in a tournament like this, not when you are stuck on their side of the tournament.

Prigioni - totally washed up. Can't play more than limited minutes, can't defend anyone.

Nocioni - can still play good minutes and can still score, but he's horrific at defense, probably THE worst defender in all of Euroleague at either position you use him (3 or 4)

Scola - he can only play limited minutes, his knees are totally shot, he plays slow as hell, etc.

Herrmann - the guy had been retired for YEARS, out of basketball for YEARS. The last time he played in Euroleague, he was an enormous SCRUB. Then he came out of retirement after years last year, played in a second division in Argentina. Finally this year played in their first division, had a good year individually, but on a scrub team. I really have no idea about him. But I can tell you that similar players doing his production at a similar level are guys that are playing in like Spanish 2nd division.

Mata - he's a real athletic wing and can shoot the 3, but he's nothing more than a role player. That's it. This guy is like a role player for a mid level Spanish club.

Mainoldi - He has good size and he can shoot the 3, but he just stands behind the 3 all game. Like an 11 or 12 man on most decent Euroleague teams

Gutierrez - Still can shoot the living hell out of the ball like no other player in the whole tournament (yes way better than Durant) but yeah, that's about all he can do. He's freaking 34 years old and even in his prime he was pretty much a specialist 3 shooter.

Actually just thinking about it, the best players on their team might be Facundo Campazzo and Selem Safar. The problem is that their coaches and those old players always demand that those old players play and get the minutes and the touches. Those young guys could make a pretty good back court, but doubtful they even see much playing time.

Yeah....whatever. So add old man Manu coming off a long NBA season and all the way through the finals at age 37 to that team.........yeah wow. OK sure.

:rolleyes:

It's like the walking dead almost. Actually just thinking about it, by the mere fact that Manu isn't playing, gives the more playing time to Safar and Campazzo and they are probably actually better off without Manu, who would just have been another tired as hell old guy doing nothing on defense and walking up the court on offense.

Argentina.......seriously:rolleyes:

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:22 AM

You really are insane. And Spanoulis already said he's playing in the national team until he's 40. So this bizarre fantasy you have that somehow he was kicked off the national team is just too much.

The coach of Greece's national team already said it. Giannis is a kid, and he will have the role of a kid for a few years in the national team. I suggest you STFU and stop it. Giannis does not want people like you bashing the Greek national team and its players and saying crap like this.

All your comments can be sent to his twitter. He isn't there to kick people out of the team and dominate the team, make himself look good and make some fantasies of some NBA only fans come true. It's about trying to win and being a team and representing his country, you idiot.

Greece NT isn't a joke NBA club.

qrich
08-03-2014, 03:26 AM
If Nigeria can shit on Greece, I don't see why the Philippines can't

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 03:28 AM

But the Nigeria game was rigged:rolleyes:

So the question now is who's going to have the inside source in Fiba to do the rigging in the WC?

This is what basketball in Fiba has boiled down to: rigging!

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:39 AM
But the Nigeria game was rigged:rolleyes:

So the question now is who's going to have the inside source in Fiba to do the rigging in the WC?

This is what basketball in Fiba has boiled down to: rigging!

You won't be laughing anymore after this tournament. Because after this tournament that new rule FIBA passed takes effect. Also for the Olympics.

NBA players can no longer play at the tournaments being drug tested by the NBA owned labs. They will have to be drug tested by the WADA controlled labs just like every other player.

That rule takes effect after this tournament.

That means Team USA will either start losing the tournaments from now on with their NBA players, or they will ban the NBA players from the tournaments for all teams.

Either way, the international teams will still win the tournaments. College teams will stand no chance, and neither will non doped up all NBA USA teams.

So have your fun now, because it ends after this tournament.

Hell, it maybe ends right now, considering Spain is at home. With Spain being at home AND that rule change about the doping....USA might never win gold again.

And it's funny Milbuck, because Giannis won't even be able to play for Greece after this tournament, once the new anti doping rules go into effect after this tournament. But of course, that never even occurred to you.

moe94
08-03-2014, 03:43 AM
You make delusion an art form

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:44 AM

And yet mighty doped up Team USA lost to Greece..............

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:45 AM
You make delusion an art form

Every single thing I said is true. NBA only fans are simply psychotic.

JtotheIzzo
08-03-2014, 03:46 AM

How many times did I tell you he played at the last summer's tournament with a knee and ankle injury, and he played this whole last season with a knee and ankle injury?

They waited until the last moment before the training camp and did MRIs again on him and he still was not medically cleared. He simply can't keep playing with such bad injuries without resting and because there is no way to risk it since Greece won't insure their players, so his club team Olympiacos wouldn't allow him to play anyway, even if he wanted to risk it.

Kosta Koufos - Grizzlies would not let him play (typical NBA team BS)

Antonis Fotsis, Michael Bramos, Nikos Pappas, Thanasis Antetokounmpo - they didn't come into the team for various reasons evidently.

Dimitris Diamantidis is not playing either, but he does not count as an absence, even though crazy Panathinaikos fans try to claim him as one, because he is retired from the national team.

Every summer for many years now, Greece misses 5-8 key players, and this summer they miss at least that many. So, same old same old.

However, this summer Greece does have one new positive development, which is that they have the best coach they have had since 2008, in Fotis Katsikaris. Every year, from 2009-2013, Greece had bad coaches, and that along with all the players missing tournaments every summer was a problem.

But now that they have a much better coach this summer, even with as usual, so many players being absent, that should help them a lot.

and the excuses begin...

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 03:48 AM
You won't be laughing anymore after this tournament. Because after this tournament that new rule FIBA passed takes effect. Also for the Olympics.

NBA players can no longer play at the tournaments being drug tested by the NBA owned labs. They will have to be drug tested by the WADA controlled labs just like every other player.

That rule takes effect after this tournament.

That means Team USA will either start losing the tournaments from now on with their NBA players, or they will ban the NBA players from the tournaments for all teams.

Either way, the international teams will still win the tournaments. College teams will stand no chance, and neither will non doped up all NBA USA teams.

So have your fun now, because it ends after this tournament.

Hell, it maybe ends right now, considering Spain is at home. With Spain being at home AND that rule change about the doping....USA might never win gold again.

And it's funny Milbuck, because Giannis won't even be able to play for Greece after this tournament, once the new anti doping rules go into effect after this tournament. But of course, that never even occurred to you.

Yes, but if the US could rig the 2010 Worlds with the help of FIBA refs, and they surely rigged the brackets again in the 2014 WC, imagine what the US and NBA with FIBA could do behind closed doors for the 2016 OLYMPICS? That Peds non issue won't even be a concern :rockon:

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 03:49 AM
You really are insane. And Spanoulis already said he's playing in the national team until he's 40. So this bizarre fantasy you have that somehow he was kicked off the national team is just too much.

The coach of Greece's national team already said it. Giannis is a kid, and he will have the role of a kid for a few years in the national team. I suggest you STFU and stop it. Giannis does not want people like you bashing the Greek national team and its players and saying crap like this.

All your comments can be sent to his twitter. He isn't there to kick people out of the team and dominate the team, make himself look good and make some fantasies of some NBA only fans come true. It's about trying to win and being a team and representing his country, you idiot.

Greece NT isn't a joke NBA club.
I don't understand why it's so difficult for you to accept...if you're so into Greek basketball, why are you so opposed to such a promising young talent like Giannis doing well? I figured you'd be ecstatic about a 18-19 year old prospect dominating his Greek competition and surpassing all of EL at such a young age..but you've been nothing but a downer the whole damn time, and it's really disappointing.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Yes, but if the US could rig the 2010 Worlds with the help of FIBA refs, and they surely rigged the brackets again in the 2014 WC, imagine what the US and NBA with FIBA could do behind closed doors for the 2016 OLYMPICS? That Peds non issue won't even be a concern :rockon:

They won't win no matter how much rigging they do if they can't dope and especially if they have to ban the NBA players.

They can rig until they are red in the face and they still won't get any medals without the doping.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 03:57 AM
and the excuses begin...

What excuse? Where the hell did I make an excuse?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Holy shit, even MORE excuse making :roll:

*Giannis destroys Euroleague & Greek League competition*

B-b-b-but he's doping! :oldlol:

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 03:58 AM
They won't win no matter how much rigging they do if they can't dope and especially if they have to ban the NBA players.

They can rig until they are red in the face and they still won't get any medals without the doping.

Oh okay. So was Nigeria also doping while the refs rigged the game against Greece?

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 04:01 AM
I don't understand why it's so difficult for you to accept...if you're so into Greek basketball, why are you so opposed to such a promising young talent like Giannis doing well? I figured you'd be ecstatic about a 18-19 year old prospect dominating his Greek competition and surpassing all of EL at such a young age..but you've been nothing but a downer the whole damn time, and it's really disappointing.

STFU.

You are trolling here out of control endlessly for months now.

Many European posters here told you to stop it and explained it to you over and over.

But now you took it one step further to attacking the Greek national and its players in order to somehow make Giannis look good or something?

Newsflash man, the Greek national team isn't a joke NBA lottery team like the Bucks. No one gives one flying you know what about his NBA status, his contract, his NBA only fans, his NBA marketing, or any of this insane bullshit you are talking about.

He is a 19 year old kid that if he was on a big Greek club like Olympiacos or Panathinaikos last year IN TRUTH would have never even seen the court and and he would not have even got playing time.

And guess what? He would not have even been invited to the training camp.

Enjoy watching him play and watching Greece's games, but just STFU ALREADY.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 04:05 AM
Oh okay. So was Nigeria also doping while the refs rigged the game against Greece?

Nigeria had nothing to do with USA you clown. They also rigged the game between Nigeria and Lithuania and the game between Macedonia and Dominican Republic at the same tournament.

Greece
Macedonia
Lithuania

All of their federations filed formal complaints to FIBA about the rigging and the refs. But I guess it's all just imaginary and made up to you.

The tournament was hosted in Venezuela and that's why they were trying to rig it. They wanted to rig it against any country that has the IMF banking system.

But since your IQ is sub 65 you won't be able to comprehend that.

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Holy shit, even MORE excuse making :roll:

*Giannis destroys Euroleague & Greek League competition*

B-b-b-but he's doping! :oldlol:

Ignore list.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Nigeria had nothing to do with USA you clown. They also rigged the game between Nigeria and Lithuania and the game between Macedonia and Dominican Republic at the same tournament.

Greece
Macedonia
Lithuania

All of their federations filed formal complaints to FIBA about the rigging and the refs. But I guess it's all just imaginary and made up to you.

The tournament was hosted in Venezuela and that's why they were trying to rig it. They wanted to rig it against any country that has the IMF banking system.

Oh wow, really?

So much rigging. So sad:(

Of course you have the link to all of these reports. Oh wait...

moe94
08-03-2014, 04:08 AM
STFU.

You are trolling here out of control endlessly for months now.

Many European posters here told you to stop it and explained it to you over and over.

But now you took it one step further to attacking the Greek national and its players in order to somehow make Giannis look good or something?

Newsflash man, the Greek national team isn't a joke NBA lottery team like the Bucks. No one gives one flying you know what about his NBA status, his contract, his NBA only fans, his NBA marketing, or any of this insane bullshit you are talking about.

He is a 19 year old kid that if he was on a big Greek club like Olympiacos or Panathinaikos last year IN TRUTH would have never even seen the court and and he would not have even got playing time.

And guess what? He would not have even been invited to the training camp.

Enjoy watching him play and watching Greece's games, but just STFU ALREADY.
http://i.imgur.com/eUOJ9qY.gif

outbreak
08-03-2014, 04:11 AM
So basically if greece lose a game it was rigged but if greece wins it was fair? Seems to be the recuring theme with you

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 04:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eUOJ9qY.gif

Better players than him were not invited.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 04:15 AM
So basically if greece lose a game it was rigged but if greece wins it was fair? Seems to be the recuring theme with you

Stop being a racist low iq troll! Of course, this makes sense. The Greek players are superior, especially when led by the mighty Spanoulis.

So if Greece loses, then of course it was rigged. No if/and/ or buts about this. :facepalm

Euroleague
08-03-2014, 04:16 AM

Nope.

You can't read.

Team USA is doped.

Team USA gets help from the refs in all the games.

Whenever Team USA loses a game, "they didn't even try".

Whenever Team USA wins a game, "they dominated scrubs".

In the imaginary world of delusional psychotic NBA only fans, every loss every other team has to Team USA, that is doped and gets help from the refs, is "legit", and anyone complaining about those losses, is "trolling".

Now, you can go to the ignore bin.

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Better players than him were not invited.
Better players than the GOAT Euroleague player?

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 04:34 AM
We will "dope" and "rig" our way to the next 10 international titles. After all, FIBA is way corrupt, and they will turn a blindside to all your "rigging" accusations.

Aren't you worried that if so many games Greece lost and the US won were all rigged, then what makes you think anything is about to change going forward?

Looks like more of the same coming up.

If, however, the US suddenly is upset by accident in this upcoming tournament, then suddenly you will come to say it was all reffed fairly, for sure.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Better players than the GOAT Euroleague player?
Anthony Parker is not greek

deja vu
08-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Greece should have no problems destroying those unathletic Filipino midgets.

They have problems with athletic teams like Nigeria but this midget team should pose no problems.

iznogood
08-03-2014, 04:53 AM
How can we have a PED discussion without mentioning the fact that Nick Calathes was busted this year for using Tamoxifen and he's still on the greek squad?

The amount of hype that Giannis gets here is unreal though, he'll probably be a great NBA player once but he's far from a complete basketball player at the moment.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 05:04 AM
How can we have a PED discussion without mentioning the fact that Nick Calathes was busted this year for using Tamoxifen and he's still on the greek squad?

The amount of hype that Giannis gets here is unreal though, he'll probably be a great NBA player once but he's far from a complete basketball player at the moment.

I think the others are just trolling EL on Giannis. You know, if you deal it out prepare to get it in return.

Giannis has a lot of potential, but that's just it right now. Potential.

Meanwhile, good point on Calathes. What's up with that? I recall reading somewhere that Fiba suspended him as well, following the NBA's lead on this, if I remember correctly. Why is he allowed on the NT?

outbreak
08-03-2014, 05:17 AM
I think the others are just trolling EL on Giannis. You know, if you deal it out prepare to get it in return.

Meanwhile, good point on Calathes. What's up with that? I recall reading somewhere that Fiba suspended him as well, following the NBA's lead on this, if I remember correctly. Why is he allowed on the NT?

Yeah also doesn't help that Euroleague criminally underrates NBA players who spent time in europe as youths, he makes out as if they were complete trash and won't recognise that while they may not have been super stars they were young and had potential.

08-03-2014, 06:08 AM

Meanwhile Tony Parker (afro american dad and Netherlands mother) is widely accepted as french. No questions and no doubt.:roll:

moe94
08-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Tony Parker was raised in France. Was Blatche raised in the Philippines?

I<3NBA
08-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Tony Parker was raised in France. Was Blatche raised in the Philippines?
nah. he was just naturalized. needed a bill in congress to be passed before he could get his passport.

doesn't really matter though. a lot of countries are doing this naturalization thing. so why not us?

alenleomessi
08-03-2014, 07:41 AM
NSFW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqzegGF9VM4

HomieWeMajor
08-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Blatche has snorted so much coke throughout his career that he's part Filipino.

ErhnamDjinn
08-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Since the Philippines aint winning anything, I wish we could have been matched up in group c so are guys could play team USA. Go Gilas....puso

Oly BC
08-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Naturalizations like that should stop.

Oly BC
08-03-2014, 07:58 AM

He will be missing all but one of the preparation friendlies.

Sakkreth
08-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Heh naturalizations... Our nation with under 3mil population do fine without them to be ranked 4th in the world.

Dr.J4ever
08-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Heh naturalizations... Our nation with under 3mil population do fine without them to be ranked 4th in the world.

Lithuania carried those USSR teams to international prominence.:applause:

PAOK
08-03-2014, 10:14 AM
**** the injuries and **** the jerks who didnt want to join the NT... LETS GO GREECE :cheers: :cheers:

Rooster
08-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Greece is doing some nice things. :applause:

They bend over their constitution so Giannis can lead them someday to finally win an Olympic medal.:applause:

They cut Has Been VSpan because he can't lead them to qualify.:applause:

They gonna be reinforce by American mercenary scrubs Calathes and Bramos:applause:

Koufos would have given them an athletic BIG:oldlol:

Without him, they have typical slow and stiffs unathletic bums like Bourosis:roll:

If Yi smiled and look like a beast against Bourossis :bowdown:

Blatche would probably lickin his chops looking at his preys:roll:

gabepizza
08-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Greece
Macedonia
Lithuania

You do realize that the Lithuania/Nigeria game eliminated Venezuela from the tournament. So it was rigged because it was hosted in Venezuela so they rigged it to eliminate Venezuela from their own tournament.

Again caught in a boldface lie. Show the formal complaints or it is a lie.

So to sum it up..

Every time Spanoulis' team loses the games are rigged
Every time a Euroleague team loses to an NBA team the games are rigged
Every time a European NT loses to a non-European NT the games are rigged

So basically 90% of basketball games are rigged.
:roll: :lol :D :D

Then I must ask..why watch and spend so much time posting about the games?

If I believed that 90% of games were rigged I would not watch the sport but you on the other hand not only watch them but spend half your life trolling about them.

BTW Again the predictions about Argentina. Same predictions you had in 2012 when Argentina finished 4th, ahead of France and Lithuania the two teams who were in the Eurobasket Finals the very next summer. :facepalm

Sakkreth
08-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Lithuania vs Nigeria wasn't rigged. Lithuania didn't try to win, they have advanced. Venezuela made sure Lithuania had terrible conditions there (bus driver lying about bus having problems, cancelling Lithuania's practice by randomly making military training next to training facility at the same time Lithuania had their practice scheduled, trash talk from venezuelian's etc.). So Lithuania made sure Venezuela doesn't advance.

fragokota
08-03-2014, 03:02 PM
@ Milbuck

Giannis wasn't destroying the other greek guys as you said.the kid was drafted straight from second tier greek league(the way Dirk was). He never played against them. The reason he was draftes is not because he was a good player at the time but because of his prospect/talent and athletiscism. He is still raw and indeed there are better players than him at the moment. Not denying the kid could be great and i wholeheartedly hope so (as a fellow Greek), but it's just to put things in perspective.

Spanoulis is indeed injured and out of this competition. The guy is a great player really and is very higly regarded in Europe. If was more patient during his spell in the nba he could have a respectable career in the league (van gundy's stupidity didn't help either).

@ EL , with all your trolling about Spanoulis all those years you have managed to make Spanoulis seem like a joke to most nba fans in here, the guy you supposedly root for doesn't deserve this...just leave it.

jzek
08-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Greece by at least 30. How many of those Flips are Fil-Americans? Kinda ruins the whole national pride thing when one of your players is 100% American and the rest are half-Americans.

Is China even in this tournament? :confusedshrug:

jzek
08-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Why a game thread for a game that is nearly a month away?

Because it's the motherf*cking Philippines!!! :bowdown: When was the last time you saw anyone from the Philippines play? Exactly.

gabepizza
08-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Greece by at least 30. How many of those Flips are Fil-Americans? Kinda ruins the whole national pride thing when one of your players is 100% American and the rest are half-Americans.

Is China even in this tournament? :confusedshrug:

No.

jzek
08-03-2014, 04:22 PM
No.

Why?

deja vu
08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Why?
China lost to their "province" Chinese-Taipei in the quarterfinals of FIBA Asia.

jzek
08-03-2014, 07:32 PM
China lost to their "province" Chinese-Taipei in the quarterfinals of FIBA Asia.

Wow, China must have sent their C-Squad. They've dominated Asian basketball for like 100 years.

Beatlezz
08-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Why?

Because of Yao Ming's left foot.

deja vu
08-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Wow, China must have sent their C-Squad. They've dominated Asian basketball for like 100 years.
They sent their best possible team, including Yi Jianlian and Wang Zhizhi. They're no longer the best and most dominant team in Asia.

gabepizza
08-03-2014, 10:53 PM

The only reason they were good the last decade was become of Yao. Now he's retired they suck (well in Asia they're still a top team but no longer the best in Asia which means they suck). With Yao they could even beat European and American teams.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 11:04 PM
The only reason they were good the last decade was become of Yao. Now he's retired they suck (well in Asia they're still a top team but no longer the best in Asia which means they suck). With Yao they could even beat European and American teams.
Are they still obsessed with height? I remember some squads they sent to tour over here had their shortest player in the squad at like 6"7 as a point guard.

Rooster
08-04-2014, 02:43 AM
Are they still obsessed with height? I remember some squads they sent to tour over here had their shortest player in the squad at like 6"7 as a point guard.

They want to have the size advantage but clearly their guards have problem with speed and full court press. I remembers way back in Las Vegas how Rondo and the Celtics summer league squad put that pressure and those Chinese don't have a guard that can break it. Same with that Sun Yue who supposed to be a 6'7 PG, but he could hardly handle the pressure of NBA guards when he played for the Lakers.

Lebron23
08-04-2014, 06:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma6LPGrWR54

We beat China in this years FIBA Asia.

chris02jammers
08-04-2014, 06:02 AM
Philippines losing 15 pts is an accomplishment

chris02jammers
08-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Since the Philippines aint winning anything, I wish we could have been matched up in group c so are guys could play team USA. Go Gilas....puso
that is fun to watch rather than paying expensive "Last Stand" clinic

tgan3
08-04-2014, 07:28 PM
They sent their best possible team, including Yi Jianlian and Wang Zhizhi. They're no longer the best and most dominant team in Asia.

Yes, right now the best in Asia is Iran anyone can agree with this there are in a tier by themselves.

Tier 1) Iran

Tier 2) Philippines/Korea/China

Tier 3) Chinese Taipei/Jordan etc...

tgan3
08-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Never say never. Personally I feel its 50/50 against Senegal.

Against the rest its a long shot but remember Greece is playing horrible and has lost to minnows like Nigeria/Macedonia/Finland as some has pointed out, many of their players are also not playing in the world cup. Argentina also missing Ginobili and golden generation is at the end, the youngsters aren't so good.

Of course, they are still huge favourites (But at least they are in a weakened state), in a single game the results can be volatile. Like how Miami Heat (top 1-2 team) can lose to sixers (worst team) in the regular season.

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Blatche will dominate those Greek scrubs...Something like 42/27/7

Euroleague
08-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Against the rest its a long shot but remember Greece is playing horrible and has lost to minnows like Nigeria/Macedonia/Finland as some has pointed out, many of their players are also not playing in the world cup. Argentina also missing Ginobili and golden generation is at the end, the youngsters aren't so good.

Of course, they are still huge favourites (But at least they are in a weakened state), in a single game the results can be volatile. Like how Miami Heat (top 1-2 team) can lose to sixers (worst team) in the regular season.

Those "minnows" would win the Asian championship every single time.

And you underrate the teams from Africa. FIBA Africa is a higher level than FIBA Americas in recent years.

ralph_i_el
08-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Blatche is probably over in the Asian Philly high as hell right now

ralph_i_el
08-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Nope.

You can't read.

Team USA is doped.

Team USA gets help from the refs in all the games.

Whenever Team USA loses a game, "they didn't even try".

Whenever Team USA wins a game, "they dominated scrubs".

In the imaginary world of delusional psychotic NBA only fans, every loss every other team has to Team USA, that is doped and gets help from the refs, is "legit", and anyone complaining about those losses, is "trolling".

Now, you can go to the ignore bin.

Team USA is doped. That's why our best player is built like a coat stand.

Talk all the junk you want. No other team has anyone comparable to Durant. In fact no other team is touching Curry and our whole battalion of long range bombers. USA figured out why we lose. Too much dribbling and not enough shooters. Its over.

Rooster
08-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Team USA is doped. That's why our best player is built like a coat stand.

Talk all the junk you want. No other team has anyone comparable to Durant. In fact no other team is touching Curry and our whole battalion of long range bombers. USA figured out why we lose. Too much dribbling and not enough shooters. Its over.

One of the Greek national team player Bourousis admitted he was juiced yet he can't even guard Yi Jianlian.:roll:

Oly BC
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Greece hasn't even started its friendly games yet.
Last season we lost to Finland but won Spain. The team needs to be more concentrated and tougher on defence but it's hardly a bad one.

jzek
08-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Yes, right now the best in Asia is Iran anyone can agree with this there are in a tier by themselves.

Tier 1) Iran

Tier 2) Philippines/Korea/China

Tier 3) Chinese Taipei/Jordan etc...

Nice, thanks for this. I wasn't planning on watching Iran at all but now I have to see why they are Asia's new bball powerhouse :bowdown:

Never imagined China would be dethroned tbh...

Euroleague
08-05-2014, 12:42 PM
One of the Greek national team player Bourousis admitted he was juiced yet he can't even guard Yi Jianlian.:roll:

Bourousis never admitted any such thing asshole.

That was Calathes, who of course was playing in the NBA at the time.

Euroleague
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Greece hasn't even started its friendly games yet.
Last season we lost to Finland but won Spain. The team needs to be more concentrated and tougher on defence but it's hardly a bad one.

Remember in this forum, all those wins Greece has in recent years against Lithuania, Spain, Serbia, Croatia, France, USA, etc. supposedly "never happened" or "don't count".

If FIBA used the same rankings system that FIFA used, or if it used an ELO rater, Greece would be rated #3 in the world for like the last 10 years.

But these clowns here are now even calling it a "bad team".

That "bad team" beat Lithuania, Spain, and France just last summer.

Ca$H
08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
http://mikezanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/spo1newc.jpg

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2014/03/paul-lee-gilas-practice.jpg

http://sports.inquirer.net/files/2014/06/Andray-Blatche.jpg

Blatche will play for the Philippines Team.

http://www.sportsortho.gr/files4users/images/articles/235/b13427270821_17.%204989662.jpg

http://ebaforums.com/images/players/Vassilis-Spanoulis.jpg

If LeBron was facing the Philippines who would you cheer for?

Lebron23
08-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Less than 2 days ago. I though it was our first game of the tournament, but it's Gilas vs. Croatia in the opening game.