PDA

View Full Version : First Time Moving Out Advice

russwest0
08-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Moving out of my mothers house to live with some friends.

Advice would be appreciated.

b1imtf
08-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Buy coke. In case anything goes wrong you OD from it and you're free of blame.

JohnFreeman
08-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Lay down house rules.

russwest0
08-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Buy coke. In case anything goes wrong you OD from it and you're free of blame.

We'll I'm sure I'll do coke at some point but thats not a concern of mine :oldlol:

BigBoss
08-03-2014, 02:14 AM
Don't do drugs.

Don't follow your friends.

You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most of your time with.

Don't lose sight of career goals.

Stay ambitious, even if your friends are not.

'Whats a little fight, tomorrow you'll be boys again'

When dishes aren't being cleaned, $hits going missing, foods mysteriously being eaten, lay down the fukin law.

Clean your place ONCE a week.

Do your laundry ONCE a week.

Get used to eating fast food.

Get used to be broke.

Get used to missing mom.

Stay in school and/or work. Always.

Bitches ain't nothin but hoes and tricks.

Expect a messy crib.

Have fun in moderation.

Pay your rent, bills, groceries first. Everything else is second.

Don't get a credit card if your short on cash, to cover daily expenses. That will create future problems.

Re-evaulate your life in a year and see what will take you to the next level. Independence and the short term gratification of that or moving back in and being patient until your really on your feet to the point you can afford your own place.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Have fun. Party hard. How old are you?

If you can, keep the place clean. This is hard when you're living with younger dudes, but will help you get girls over in the long run (at least good looking ones)

Don't share a room. Make sure you can all afford rent/utilities and there won't be one guy coming up short

russwest0
08-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Yeah we each will have our own room and we will divide the chores as fairly as possible.

How do I go about separating my food and stuff with just one fridge?

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Yeah we each will have our own room and we will divide the chores as fairly as possible.

How do I go about separating my food and stuff with just one fridge?
Assuming your early 20s, or late teens, you won't. Unless you're living with really mature roomates, they will eat your shit. If you don't want them into your shit, be strict with them about it. I live w/ two roommates who are older right now, so they're mature (both in their 30s) and I don't have problem with my food. We each have our own shelves, and own sections of the fridge. Freezer is pretty much open game, but they never go into my shit because they're not poor.

If you're worried about them getting into your beers, keep a mini fridge in your room.

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Don't hestitate to be a dick when you have to. It's your place as much as anyone else's..as long as it's reasonable, make sure they know what you are and aren't cool with.

Cowboy Thunder
08-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Form a backup plan/plan for getting your own place. You won't live there very long.

IamRAMBO24
08-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Don't ask for advice. Wing it and adjust accordingly.

DonD13
08-03-2014, 06:09 AM
make sure you educate your room mates about the dangers of fapping

KobesFinger
08-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Learn to cook

Buy a lot of toilet paper

Lay down ground rules with your friends about who does the cleaning etc

Nick Young
08-03-2014, 08:31 AM
did you get her off your joint account yet?

GimmeThat
08-03-2014, 08:53 AM
if you and your roommates share some common ideals, good for you

and if not, chances are it won't be pleasant.

probably how I feel about people going on them missionary trips.

NumberSix
08-03-2014, 09:21 AM

Didn't you say you are a cocaine kingpin who lives in Kevin Durants neighborhood?

Rameek
08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Rules and Consequences (Written Contract Signed by all parties)and Rotating Schedules.

Figure out the House Financial situation all bills to be paid and how.

I personally wouldnt do it because it can strain relationships especially if you know they can be dodgy, flaky, or irresponsible already.

niko
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Be ready to move out on your own if the roomates suck.

ballup
08-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Be ready to hate your friends' living habits

Swaggin916
08-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Rules and Consequences (Written Contract Signed by all parties)and Rotating Schedules.

Figure out the House Financial situation all bills to be paid and how.

I personally wouldnt do it because it can strain relationships especially if you know they can be dodgy, flaky, or irresponsible already.

I would do this too... especially because I have friends like that are flaky and irresponsible and I would have to. If they are still flaky after agreeing not to be then they aren't worth your time in the long run... unless of course you don't care. As always, communication and being clear about expectations is the most important thing. Some people prefer having no order and bitching about things though... if that's you then be my guest.

I live with 2 friends who I don't have to do this with though... and part of the reason I live with them is because I knew I wouldn't have to.

rezznor
08-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Don't do drugs.

Don't follow your friends.

You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most of your time with.

Don't lose sight of career goals.

Stay ambitious, even if your friends are not.

'Whats a little fight, tomorrow you'll be boys again'

When dishes aren't being cleaned, $hits going missing, foods mysteriously being eaten, lay down the fukin law.

Clean your place ONCE a week.

Do your laundry ONCE a week.

Get used to eating fast food.

Get used to be broke.

Get used to missing mom.

Stay in school and/or work. Always.

Bitches ain't nothin but hoes and tricks.

Expect a messy crib.

Have fun in moderation.

Pay your rent, bills, groceries first. Everything else is second.

Don't get a credit card if your short on cash, to cover daily expenses. That will create future problems.

Re-evaulate your life in a year and see what will take you to the next level. Independence and the short term gratification of that or moving back in and being patient until your really on your feet to the point you can afford your own place.

wise man. i moved out at 18 and although it was ALOT of fun, you can get carried away with shit easily. have a good time but don't lose sight of your goals.

K Xerxes
08-03-2014, 04:54 PM
If you're going to college or something to study, biggest thing is to make sure your studies remain your priority for the whole time.

Enjoy yourself. Get laid. Get wasted. Get high. Do the fun things, but don't lose sight of what you're there for. You're paying a lot of money for it.

outbreak
08-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Didn't you say you are a cocaine kingpin who lives in Kevin Durants neighborhood?
well he also told me he watched all of jordan's career, then talked about doing a high school project, now asking about moving out.

SupermanOnSteroids
08-03-2014, 06:42 PM
are you going to be living in a small apt with just one other guy or a big house with 4-5 other dudes. the reason i ask is that there are different ways of approaching this. being a guy that was in college for 7 years, i have a lot of experience on this matter and consider myslef a bit of an expert. if you're going to be rooming with just one other guy, its pretty simple. just make sure you two get along and divide up chores and pick up after yourself. now if you're going to be living with 4-5 other dudes, things get a bit tricky. it gets wild man, its a totally crazy experience. its basically jailhouse rules up in that house, ya know what i'm sayin? so my advice would be to walk straight into the house and pick out the biggest strongest guy in there. give him the crazy eyes and start sucking his dick. this would instantly make you his bitch and he would be obliged to protect you from the other guys.

russwest0
08-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah it's' a house with 4 guys lol

I guess with the food question, we'll all just put our food up like normal and everyone will know whats theirs because they bought it :confusedshrug:

imnew09
08-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah it's' a house with 4 guys lol

I guess with the food question, we'll all just put our food up like normal and everyone will know whats theirs because they bought it :confusedshrug:

DO NOT attempt to buy a bunch of food and split the bill with your friends.
Buy them separately, they should be able figure out which is their food and which is not.

DISHES, fken dishes, it's important to lay out a rule about doing the dishes. We usually give that person 2-3 days to wash the dishes that he used before we tell him straight out to FKEN WASH HIS DISHES

irondarts
08-03-2014, 10:45 PM
It likely won't end well.

Styles p
08-03-2014, 10:51 PM
my advice is to never live with friends your friendship will probably get ****ed up some how fighting over cleaning, girls bills the list goes on and on. it's hard to live with friends i did it for about a year til i had to get out on my own.

Godzuki
08-03-2014, 11:59 PM

i really hope your parents are bad people, or you have to be one really unruly kid to be moving out still in HS....

if they're bad people then i'm sure u have a good head on you enough to take care of yourself.

if its the latter, you're just going to screw yourself up even more.

stalkerforlife
08-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Don't be a beta and let your "friends" run over you. If they "try" you, don't be afraid to confront them. Even if you lose a fight, it is better than backing down.

People are hard to live with.

russwest0
08-04-2014, 01:47 AM
i really hope your parents are bad people, or you have to be one really unruly kid to be moving out still in HS....

if they're bad people then i'm sure u have a good head on you enough to take care of yourself.

if its the latter, you're just going to screw yourself up even more.

I'm almost a junior in college lol

JohnnySic
08-04-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm glad I waited until I bought my own place and never had to deal with that roomate shiit.