PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Love and Irving is gonna be the best shooting trio in the league

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:25 PM
3 40% 3 point shooters in one team, how can you stop them?

This isnt the heat where they can double Bran cause wade cant shoot, and Bosh is only average from 3

this is 3 legit snipers on the same team, unstoppable :bowdown: :bowdown:

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Most stacked team of all-time, easily.

No excuses.

jzek
08-03-2014, 03:27 PM
If LeBron could win 2 rings with a washed up Wade and a pseudo-"star" like Bosh, imagine what he can do with an in-his-near-prime Love and an up-and-coming face of the league superstar like Irving.

Not one, not two, not three...

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Don't forget Miller off the bench, as well as James Jones :bowdown:

My ***** Ray needs to come through as well :bowdown:

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:28 PM
This will only make it funnier when he loses again. How many times does Lebron have to lose with historically stacked team before people realize that he is just not that good?

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:29 PM
This will only make it funnier when he loses again. How many times does Lebron have to lose with historically stacked team before people realize that he is just not that good?
Dat avy doe

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:30 PM
best shooting =/= stacked u trolls :banghead:

u want stacked? look at OKC, MVP durant, 2nd best player westbrook, best 2 way PF Ibaka and still come up short

Kingwillball
08-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Now they just need some defense..

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Dat avy doe
Most dominant player of history. His domination in the finals is what Lebron should be doing given his physical gifts. It is just unfortunate that Lebron is a scared little sissy with the heart of a grandfather from a family with history of heart disease. We were supposed to be "witnessing" the next great player but instead we were given the next corey maggette with higher jumping.

ProfessorMurder
08-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Irving and Love play no defense. They have no rim protection. Waiters will be mad he's not shooting enough.

Championship.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:34 PM
best shooting =/= stacked u trolls :banghead:

u want stacked? look at OKC, MVP durant, 2nd best player westbrook, best 2 way PF Ibaka and still come up short
Sorry, but Durant is the 2nd best player on the team.

You're right though. Westbrook leading a supporting cast of Durant and Ibaka (arguable DPOY) is stacked as hell. The fact that this team is ringless and couldn't even win w/ Harden despite being favorites is just an absolute joke.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:35 PM
If LeBron could win 2 rings with a washed up Wade and a pseudo-"star" like Bosh, imagine what he can do with an in-his-near-prime Love and an up-and-coming face of the league superstar like Irving.

Not one, not two, not three...
But they don't play any defense doe

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Curious... since when was Irving a 40% 3 pt shooter?

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:37 PM

You're right though. Westbrook leading a supporting cast of Durant and Ibaka (arguable DPOY) is stacked as hell. The fact that this team is ringless and couldn't even win w/ Harden despite being favorites is just an absolute joke.

LOL I meant in the league :cheers:

Soundwave
08-03-2014, 03:38 PM
2/6 incoming.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Most dominant player of history. His domination in the finals is what Lebron should be doing given his physical gifts. It is just unfortunate that Lebron is a scared little sissy with the heart of a grandfather from a family with history of heart disease. We were supposed to be "witnessing" the next great player but instead we were given the next corey maggette with higher jumping.

averaging 28 points on 60% is dominating u fool

the last player to put up those numbers in the finals ironically was Shaq

GrapeApe
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM

Ibaka is being severely overrated and Harden is one of the main reasons they lost. Anyway, it's only a matter of time before LeBron stans are trashing his supporting cast.

lakerfreak
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Curious... since when was Irving a 40% 3 pt shooter?

I think the OP is thinking ahead in regard to Kyrie having more open opportunities with Lebron and Love making it so much easier for him to work. Not entirely sure though. I don't know the OP.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:40 PM
LOL I meant in the league :cheers:
You're my bro, but I've gotta correct you. Here's the top 3 in the league

1. LeBron
2. Westbrook

http://i.imgur.com/iD1R7WF.jpg

3. Durant

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:40 PM
May I pose question - why is it that Lebron with such loaded talent : Irving, Love, Waiters, Miller, Varejao, Thompson, and so on people are still giving the Cavaliers a pass for this season? I have seen many people say they must be given year to gel. But if Lebron is such great player Larry Bird on Cleveland it would not even be a question who is the favorite of the championship, it would be Cleveland.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:41 PM
You're my bro, but I've gotta correct you. Here's the top 3 in the league

1. LeBron
2. Westbrook

http://i.imgur.com/iD1R7WF.jpg

3. Durant

:roll: :applause:

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Ibaka is being severely overrated and Harden is one of the main reasons they lost. Anyway, it's only a matter of time before LeBron stans are trashing his supporting cast.
You see the difference last playoffs when Ibaka was out against the Spurs, and then when he came back, they blew the Spurs out 2 games in a row? That's the difference

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Irving, Love, Waiters, Miller, Varejao, Thompson
Good lord, that is BAR NONE the most stacked team of all-time. No question. Forgot they got got Money Mike. Still a bunch of assets they can trade for more dependable bench players too.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Good lord, that is BAR NONE the most stacked team of all-time. No question. Forgot they got got Money Mike. Still a bunch of assets they can trade for more dependable bench players too.
Lol @ thunder "fans" trying to detract from the fact that the Thunder are the most stacked team in the league.

Whatever happened to KLove being a choker who can't even make the playoffs? Can't have it both ways

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:44 PM
averaging 28 points on 60% is dominating u fool

the last player to put up those numbers in the finals ironically was Shaq
It is things like that always fool simple fans like you. Lebron found his shot and once he got to his pretty number of 25-30 points with good percent he would stop shooting. He knew that if he had ok numbers he would be absolved of blame. This is why he would take entire quarters off from the game after dominating just the previous quarter - he is just not capable of taking over games for full 48 minutes when the rest of his team is looking down. This is the key difference between other great players and Lebron. He can not single handely transcend game without his teammates, he is just not dominant enough when it matters most.

GrapeApe
08-03-2014, 03:45 PM
You see the difference last playoffs when Ibaka was out against the Spurs, and then when he came back, they blew the Spurs out 2 games in a row? That's the difference

I was reffering specifically to the 2012 finals where Ibaka wasn't nearly the player he is now and Harden was straight up trash.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Whatever happened to KLove being a choker who can't even make the playoffs? Can't have it both ways
Still a Top 3 PF in the league. Doesn't take away anything.

I mean, LeBron was a perrenial choker until he joined Miami as well. :confusedshrug:

dubeta
08-03-2014, 03:47 PM
It is things like that always fool simple fans like you. Lebron found his shot and once he got to his pretty number of 25-30 points with good percent he would stop shooting. He knew that if he had ok numbers he would be absolved of blame. This is why he would take entire quarters off from the game after dominating just the previous quarter - he is just not capable of taking over games for full 48 minutes when the rest of his team is looking down. This is the key difference between other great players and Lebron. He can not single handely transcend game without his teammates, he is just not dominant enough when it matters most.

lmao u trash 28 ppg on 60% but u probably worship kobe's 6-24 :roll:

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:48 PM
It is just astonishing, and very funny to see all the Lebron driven media try to act like this is some bad team that LEbron is carrying. The Cavaliers are the most loaded team in the league and unless we are to concede that Lebron is not impactful player I do not know why people are so quick to dismiss them.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Still a Top 3 PF in the league. Doesn't take away anything.

I mean, LeBron was a perrenial choker until he joined Miami as well. :confusedshrug:
So we have 2 chokers joining a 33 win team, and now you're calling them stacked?

Can't have it both ways bro.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:49 PM
So we have 2 chokers joining a 33 win team, and now you're calling them stacked?

What? :oldlol:

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:50 PM
lmao u trash 28 ppg on 60% but u probably worship kobe's 6-24 :roll:
Why are you deflecting from argument. I never brought up Kobe.

Answer me - why did Lebron clearly stop shooting for quarters at a time? Why was he not constantly aggressive like other greats like Michael Jordan who once averaged 13 more points in a finals than Lebron in this so called "good finals performance"? If Lebron was committed to winning and not just making a good impression on the box score, the Miami could have won extra games. Unfortunately Lebron only cares about his numbers and does not have the mentality or the game to dominate for all 48 minutes of game.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 03:50 PM
It is just astonishing, and very funny to see all the Lebron driven media try to act like this is some bad team that LEbron is carrying. The Cavaliers are the most loaded team in the league and unless we are to concede that Lebron is not impactful player I do not know why people are so quick to dismiss them.
Most loaded team of all-time*

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:53 PM
What? :oldlol:
You always call LeBron a choker, and most people on here call kevin love a choker who can't lead. Now these two guys are supposed to convert a 33 win team into the most stacked team of all time?

They're not even favorites over the Thunder or Spurs...

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:54 PM

My goodness does this poster have mental illness. Irving, Love, James is beyond doubt the most loaded big 3 in the NBA today. What other team can say it has top 3 player, top 10 point guard (with top 5 talent), top 3 power forward? With great role players like Waiters, Varejao, Miller, Thompson. And highly respected coach.

If Lebron is actually great player there is no excuse for him to not win this year with this team. There is no excuse at all.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:56 PM
What other team can say it has top 3 player, top 10 point guard (with top 5 talent), top 3 power forward?.
The Thunder (best PG in the game, and top 5 PF)
Since you guys are so confident the Cavs are so stacked, put down $1k on them to win it all :confusedshrug:

Ball is in your court

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Since you guys are so confident the Cavs are so stacked, put down $1k on them to win it all :confusedshrug:

Ball is in your court
Did you just call Ibaka top 5

Dirk
Aldridge
Love
Davis
Griffin

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Did you just call Ibaka top 5

Dirk
Aldridge
Love
Davis
Griffin
Fine, switch it to top 10 PF and top 5 PG instead of top 10 PG and top 5 PF. Same difference.

Ibaka's impact is obviously huge when you consider what happened against San Antonio last year. Defensively, he's better than everyone you listed above besides maybe Davis

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Fine, switch it to top 10 PF and top 5 PG instead of top 10 PG and top 5 PF. Same difference.

Ibaka's impact is obviously huge when you consider what happened against San Antonio last year. Defensively, he's better than everyone you listed above besides maybe Davis
The difference between Love and Ibaka is so much higher than Irving and Westbrook. Westbrook is a superstar while Irving is a star. Love is a star who gives superstar production while Ibaka is glorified role player with good defense. It is not even comparable.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:16 PM
You always call LeBron a choker, and most people on here call kevin love a choker who can't lead. Now these two guys are supposed to convert a 33 win team into the most stacked team of all time?

They're not even favorites over the Thunder or Spurs...
I litchurally just said he was a chojer prior to joining the Heats doe. :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
08-03-2014, 04:19 PM
What an awful thread.

bdreason
08-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Curry, Klay, and D. Lee say hi.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Curry, Klay, and D. Lee say hi.

Curry > Irving

Klay > LeBron

But Love >>> D Lee

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:23 PM
What an awful thread.
I honestly feel bad for you Cavs fans, for the amount of shit your team is gonna be getting now. Its not your guys's fault though.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:29 PM
The difference between Love and Ibaka is so much higher than Irving and Westbrook. Westbrook is a superstar while Irving is a star. Love is a star who gives superstar production while Ibaka is glorified role player with good defense. It is not even comparable.
Ibaka is a perfect third option for a team. They already have scoring w/ westbrook and durant, so Ibaka gives them some spacing w/ his midrange game, and elite defense. Glorified role player? GTFO. Look at how much he impacted the series against the Spurs last year. Thunder could have gone to the finals w/ a healthy Ibaka.

The fact is the Thunder have a top 2 Forward, a top 1 guard, and a top 10 PF. The Cavs have a top 1 Forward, top 10 guard, and top 10 PF. You do the math

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I honestly feel bad for you Cavs fans, for the amount of shit your team is gonna be getting now. Its not your guys's fault though.
lol you're the one leading the charge with this whole "cavs are the most stacked team of all time" talk

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Ibaka is a perfect third option for a team. They already have scoring w/ westbrook and durant, so Ibaka gives them some spacing w/ his midrange game, and elite defense. Glorified role player? GTFO. Look at how much he impacted the series against the Spurs last year. Thunder could have gone to the finals w/ a healthy Ibaka.

The fact is the Thunder have a top 2 Forward, a top 1 guard, and a top 10 PF. The Cavs have a top 1 Forward, top 10 guard, and top 10 PF. You do the math
LMAO @ "Top 10".

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:33 PM
LMAO @ "Top 10".
List of your top 10 PFs?

16/10/3 blocks in the playoffs, with elite defense isn't top 10 PF?

Fudge
08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
List of your top 10 PFs?

16/10/3 blocks in the playoffs, with elite defense isn't top 10 PF?
Read what I highlighted again, numb nuts.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Read what I highlighted again, numb nuts.
You highlighted top 10 PFs

He is absolutely a top 10 pf

Edit: If you're talking about Love, he's maybe top 3-5. Top 2 F, top 1 G, and top 10 C > Top 1 F, top 10 pg, top 3-5 F

dubeta
Honestly I would take Ibaka over Love

He doesnt need to ball a lot, can hit the midrange, elite rebounding and defense plus he has playoff experience

Love is a statpadder who cant play defense, and needs the ball a lot

Westbrook > Irving

Ibaka > Love

Jackson and Lamb > the rest of Cavs

Thunder is much more stacked than Cavs this isnt even debatable

Fudge
You highlighted top 10 PFs

He is absolutely a top 10 pf
Read it again.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Honestly I would take Ibaka over Love

He doesnt need to ball a lot, can hit the midrange, elite rebounding and defense plus he has playoff experience

Love is a statpadder who cant play defense, and needs the ball a lot

Westbrook > Irving

Ibaka > Love

Jackson and Lamb > the rest of Cavs

Thunder is much more stacked than Cavs this isnt even debatable
Depends on the team. Ibaka is better suited for the thunder than Love would have been. He's the defensive anchor. could you imagine TP/Duncan running circles around Love in the playoffs? Would've been a sweep. Ibaka actually made them work for their baskets.

Fudge
08-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Top 2 F, top 1 G, and top 10 C > Top 1 F, top 10 pg, top 3-5 F
Westbrook isn't the consensus best PG in the league, though. As far as I know, a bunch of posters, even the media, consider CP3 to be the best still.

Milbuck
08-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Depends on the team. Ibaka is better suited for the thunder than Love would have been. He's the defensive anchor. could you imagine TP/Duncan running circles around Love in the playoffs? Would've been a sweep. Ibaka actually made them work for their baskets.
Hold up did you seriously just say the Spurs would've swept OKC if they had Kevin Love instead of Ibaka?

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Westbrook isn't the consensus best PG in the league, though. As far as I know, a bunch of posters, even the media, consider CP3 to be the best still.
he was easily the best player at point guard in the playoffs. That's what really counts and the numbers still add up to be better than the cavs big 3

Fudge
08-03-2014, 05:14 PM
he was easily the best player at point guard in the playoffs. That's what really counts and the numbers still add up to be better than the cavs big 3
What numbers?

Kingwillball
08-03-2014, 05:51 PM
We still dont know how Cavs roster is gonna shake out besides knowing that Lebron Irving and probably love will be on it..assuming Miller, jones , Andy V are on it the rest is a mystery. Depending if the get a defensive center and or wing will be critical. Taking away Cavs big 3 not to knock Miami but role players definitely should be better with miller possibly Allen than maybe TT and waiters. Definitely look to have some scoring punch outside of big 3.

DaOldLion
08-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Hold up did you seriously just say the Spurs would've swept OKC if they had Kevin Love instead of Ibaka?

"Ibaka > Love"

And so it begins :roll: :roll:

Fudge
08-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Ibaka > Love

And so it begins :roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

poido123
08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
What an awful thread.

Funniest post by far :roll:

No excuses lebron. You have more than enough help. Can't wait to see my Bulls rip your heart out and crush your superteam in the playoffs :pimp:

dubeta
08-03-2014, 07:22 PM

No excuses lebron. You have more than enough help. Can't wait to see my Bulls rip your heart out and crush your superteam in the playoffs :pimp:

I'd agree with your post if D-rose could shoot better than 6% on lebron :oldlol:

04mzwach
08-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Don't forget Miller off the bench, as well as James Jones :bowdown:

My ***** Ray needs to come through as well :bowdown:
Damn, might as well just put everybody behind the 3 and give Bron the ball. :lol

fragokota
08-03-2014, 08:18 PM

He was absolutely not. The guy is an athletic freak with the bball iq of a hockey puck. OKC won't win anything with him as their pg.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Love wouldn't get 24 ppg having to share with Durant and Westbrook. He'd get closer to 16 like Ibaka did, but would have a tenth of the defensive presence that Ibaka had. That doesn't mean that Ibaka is better than him, just that he's a better third option for a team that already has 2 ball dominant scorers. What's with ISHers never being able to understand context and assume every post means_____ >_____?

MastaKilla
08-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Love would make OKC absurdly unstoppable on offense.

Can you imagine a team stretching the floor with KD & Love and having Westbrook too?

Holy shit.

dubeta
08-03-2014, 08:40 PM

Can you imagine a team stretching the floor with KD & Love and having Westbrook too?

Holy shit.

None of them can play D

would give up more than they score

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 08:42 PM

Holy shit.
Yeah and think about how much they'd be giving up defensively with their main defensive guy Ibaka being traded for Love, who plays no defense. You saw how much the Spurs lit them up with Ibaka gone in the playoffs, it'd be the same. And KD/Westbrook require the ball in their hands to be effective on offense. They'd still be playing ISO ball, and love wouldn't be getting the looks he gets on the TWolves

bdreason
08-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Curry > Irving

Klay > LeBron

But Love >>> D Lee

D. Lee is a better midrange shooter than Love... and I don't want my PF chucking 3's... especially with teammates like Curry and Klay.

Milbuck
08-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Love wouldn't get 24 ppg having to share with Durant and Westbrook. He'd get closer to 16 like Ibaka did, but would have a tenth of the defensive presence that Ibaka had. That doesn't mean that Ibaka is better than him, just that he's a better third option for a team that already has 2 ball dominant scorers. What's with ISHers never being able to understand context and assume every post means_____ >_____?
This is complete horseshit and you know it. I've read intelligent posts from you, I know you're aware of how dumb you just sounded. Kevin Love is on an entirely different level compared to Ibaka..**** "fit", OKC would be unstoppable with Love. You start Adams for defensive purposes, and you push 65-70 wins.

It's like giving the current Bulls the option of adding prime D-Wade or current Klay Thompson..."I don't know, the Bulls need shooting, and Klay's a sniper..he's just the better option"

bdreason
08-04-2014, 12:40 AM
The Thunder are a better team with Ibaka. They may get more regular season wins with Love... but when it comes time to get stops in the playoffs against other elite teams? Ibaka is more valuable than Love... especially with the isolation offense the Thunder run.

Milbuck
08-04-2014, 12:52 AM
The Thunder are a better team with Ibaka. They may get more regular season wins with Love... but when it comes time to get stops in the playoffs against other elite teams? Ibaka is more valuable than Love... especially with the isolation offense the Thunder run.
The difference between Love and Ibaka's scoring, passing, and rebounding >>>>> Ibaka's defensive impact over Love.

OKC can get away with Love and Adams in the front court and still be strong defensively overall as a team..that duo has size, rebounds like crazy, and Adams is good enough defensively to compensate. It's not like what they have in Minny where Pek is also useless as a defensive anchor.

Meanwhile on offense there's not a team in the league that could hang with a Westbrook-Durant-Love trio offensively...hell, start Reggie Jackson and Westbrook at the 2. Who is stopping a Jackson-Westbrook-Durant-Love-Adams lineup?

bdreason
08-04-2014, 12:57 AM
There's only one basketball. Going from ISOing Westbrook and Durant to ISOing Westbrook, Durant, and Love isn't going to make the Thunder some unstoppable offensive force.

Like I said, in the regular season, when the tempo and possessions are readily available, I'm sure adding Love would have a significant impact. However, in a playoff environment, where tempo and possessions are limited, I'll take an elite paint defender over a great 3rd offensive option... especially with the Thunder's ISOcentric offense.

bdreason
08-04-2014, 12:58 AM
I mean, think about how people already complain that Durant doesn't get enough touches/shots because of Westbrook. Now you want to take even more of Durant's touches/shots away and give them to Love?

Because I guarantee Westbrook isn't going to take less shots. :oldlol:

Milbuck
08-04-2014, 01:09 AM
I mean, think about how people already complain that Durant doesn't get enough touches/shots because of Westbrook. Now you want to take even more of Durant's touches/shots away and give them to Love?

Because I guarantee Westbrook isn't going to take less shots. :oldlol:
Are we to assume that Westbrook and Durant would make absolutely zero effort to adapt to having another franchise-caliber player on the team? I know Westbrook has his dumb moments..but this isn't Brandon Jennings we're talking about.

This scenario is pretty similar to how so many people think Melo would be an awful fit on a team with another great scorer, based purely on his reputation..even when he had the quintessential chucker Iverson on his team (who was declining anyways), his Nuggets averaged 50 wins for those 3 seasons and had a WCF appearance. Just look at the Olympics. Melo, Kobe, Westbrook, Harden, etc...all these guys who get tons of flack for being overly ball-dominant and having tunnel vision all adapt to the setting and mesh really damn well.

Right now the closest thing they have to a reliable 3rd option offensively is Reggie Jackson, who is doing quite well. With someone as talented as Love..KD and Westbrook would adapt.

J Shuttlesworth
08-04-2014, 01:40 AM
This is complete horseshit and you know it. I've read intelligent posts from you, I know you're aware of how dumb you just sounded. Kevin Love is on an entirely different level compared to Ibaka..**** "fit", OKC would be unstoppable with Love. You start Adams for defensive purposes, and you push 65-70 wins.

It's like giving the current Bulls the option of adding prime D-Wade or current Klay Thompson..."I don't know, the Bulls need shooting, and Klay's a sniper..he's just the better option"
I don't think you're really understanding what i'm saying.

If I was a GM, I would take Love over Ibaka any day... Hell I'd take Love over 2 Ibakas for that matter. On a team like the Thunder where you have two ball dominant scorers playing ISO, Love would be a horrible fit. If they were a ball movement team like the Spurs, then Love would definitely be a 10x better fit on offense, but the Thunder are not. The Thunder would be much better with a defensive presence like Ibaka and getting extra three point shooting from a guy like Korver. Do you really think the Thunder could hold down the Spurs offense without a paint protector like Ibaka? We saw what happened without Ibaka in the playoffs. They got blown out by 20+ pts.

Love is the kind of player who will need to be a 1st or second option on a team to really be utilized to his fullest. He wouldn't be getting his 24/12 on the Thunder, much like Bosh didn't get his 24/10 on the Heat as a third option. When you consider that Ibaka is a third option and still putting up 16ppg in the playoffs, that's a pretty significant number, and similar to what Bosh has been putting up in the playoffs. When you combine that with his elite defense, he's a ****ing awesome 3rd option.

And the Bulls analogy is terrible. Prime D-Wade would be the first option on any team. Love would be playing 3rd fiddle to Westbrook/durant

Milbuck
08-04-2014, 01:48 AM
I don't think you're really understanding what i'm saying.

If I was a GM, I would take Love over Ibaka any day... Hell I'd take Love over 2 Ibakas for that matter. On a team like the Thunder where you have two ball dominant scorers playing ISO, Love would be a horrible fit. If they were a ball movement team like the Spurs, then Love would definitely be a 10x better fit on offense, but the Thunder are not. The Thunder would be much better with a defensive presence like Ibaka and getting extra three point shooting from a guy like Korver. Do you really think the Thunder could hold down the Spurs offense without a paint protector like Ibaka? We saw what happened without Ibaka in the playoffs. They got blown out by 20+ pts.

Love is the kind of player who will need to be a 1st or second option on a team to really be utilized to his fullest. He wouldn't be getting his 24/12 on the Thunder, much like Bosh didn't get his 24/10 on the Heat as a third option. When you consider that Ibaka is a third option and still putting up 16ppg in the playoffs, that's a pretty significant number, and similar to what Bosh has been putting up in the playoffs. When you combine that with his elite defense, he's a ****ing awesome 3rd option.I completely understand what you're talking about..'Love > Ibaka but Ibaka is a better fit for OKC'...I get all of that. But you get to a point where sheer talent trumps fit, and this is a perfect example of that. Love's offensive talent and rebounding is just more impactful than Ibaka's defense..and once again, it's not like OKC is completely devoid of interior defensive talent aside from Ibaka. It's Brooks' fault he didn't give Adams burn, but the kid - especially this upcoming year with a full year of experience under his belt - is gonna be good enough to keep them good defensively. Obviously they'd miss Ibaka's shot blocking..but the combination of Adams and Love would be okay defensively..and terrific offensively.

And read my 2nd post to bdreason. Miami was built around Lebron, they bought into a small-ball style to maximize his playmaking abilities by surrounding him with as much shooting and up-tempo basketball as possible. OKC has never been a consistent small ball team..they're perimeter oriented, but they value size in the front court and there's a big difference between Bosh's role with Miami and what Love would be doing with OKC. And you are viewing this with the assumption that KD and Westbrook would put forth no effort into adapting. They're not mindless chuckers, no matter how much that agenda is pushed around here. We've seen both of those guys play just fine alongside other dynamic offensive weapons..I think it's highly unrealistic to expect Love to just become an "other" playing next to KD and Westbrook. They're great players for a reason, they'd adapt. And it's not like they all play the same position. Love is fully capable of scoring inside, while KD/WB are primarily perimeter scorers..their skillsets aren't just non-conflicting, they'd mesh really damn well. Love could give them an interior scoring presence while still being able to match their 3 point shooting when needed.

J Shuttlesworth
08-04-2014, 01:54 AM
I completely understand what you're talking about..'Love > Ibaka but Ibaka is a better fit for OKC'...I get all of that. But you get to a point where sheer talent trumps fit, and this is a perfect example of that. Love's offensive talent and rebounding is just more impactful than Ibaka's defense..and once again, it's not like OKC is completely devoid of interior defensive talent aside from Ibaka. It's Brooks' fault he didn't give Adams burn, but the kid - especially this upcoming year with a full year of experience under his belt - is gonna be good enough to keep them good defensively. Obviously they'd miss Ibaka's shot blocking..but the combination of Adams and Love would be okay defensively..and terrific offensively.

And read my 2nd post to bdreason. Miami was built around Lebron, they bought into a small-ball style to maximize his playmaking abilities by surrounding him with as much shooting and up-tempo basketball as possible. OKC has never been a consistent small ball team..they're perimeter oriented, but they value size in the front court and there's a big difference between Bosh's role with Miami and what Love would be doing with OKC. And you are viewing this with the assumption that KD and Westbrook would put forth no effort into adapting. They're not mindless chuckers, no matter how much that agenda is pushed. We've seen both of those guys play just fine alongside other dynamic offensive weapons..I think it's highly unrealistic to expect Love to just become an "other" playing next to KD and Westbrook. They're great players for a reason, they'd adapt. And it's not like they all play the same position. Love is fully capable of scoring inside, while KD/WB are primarily perimeter scorers..their skillsets aren't just non-conflicting, they'd mesh really damn well. Love could give them an interior scoring presence while still being able to match their 3 point shooting when needed.
What you're saying would be true if the Thunder had a competent coach, but they don't. Love's offensive + rebounding + passing impact would be way > Ibaka on a team like the Spurs, or even the Cavs, but not the Thunder with Brooks running ISO. Like bdreason said, it's a difference of having two guys to ISO vs 3 guys to ISO. If they were able to adjust their game, sure then it would be a solid team... but there's no evidence of Westbrook/Durant/Brooks trying to adjust their games towards more ball movement. If their offense was the same as it is now, it would just be another guy to play ISO

Kingwillball
08-04-2014, 02:04 AM

Doubtful...

BrownEye007
08-04-2014, 03:31 AM

Ball is in your court
:oldlol: Bro Ibaka isn't even a top 10 pf and Westbrook isn't the undisputed best Pg in the league. Plus the Thunder are pretty trash outside of their best three players. And this is coming from a Cavs fan. No bias or agenda from me. Clippers are the most stacked team in the league. Even if it isn't the Clippers it definitely isn't the Thunder.

dubeta
08-04-2014, 03:32 AM
:oldlol: Bro Ibaka isn't even a top 10 pf and Westbrook isn't the undisputed best Pg in the league. Plus the Thunder are pretty trash outside of their best three players. And this is coming from a Cavs fan. No bias or agenda from me. Clippers are the most stacked team in the league. Even if it isn't the Clippers it definitely isn't the Thunder.

:biggums:

BrownEye007
08-04-2014, 03:43 AM
:biggums:
I should have said it's debatable weather he is or not.
Dirk
Love
Duncan
Horford
Randolph
Bosh
Lee
Millsap
Griffin
Davis
Aldridge
all arguably better than Ibaka