PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron leaves Cleveland again without a ring, is he the most hated athlete ever?

Kidbasketball20
08-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Let's say after the 1st year the Cavs lose in the ECF (to the Heat), and then make it to the finals again the next year and get decimated in a similar matter to the Heat/Spurs last season.

LeBron leaves (and goes to NY/La or something), and therefore Love probably leaves as well leaving the Cavs with Kyrie Irving, no Wiggins, and a bunch of scrub players.

Would LeBron become the most hated athlete of all time? I just don't see Love fitting very well with LeBron (very overrated defensively, his only major strength compared to Bosh is rebounding), and Kyrie still needs to develop as a player. Once again the majority of the load will be on LeBron and I think his Cavs days will be VERY similar to last season with the Heat.

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:35 PM
He is already most hated athlete ever and it is justified. If he leaves it will not even be a surprise because it will just be one more stain on an already tainted legacy. We have seen him time and time again shy away from big moments, leave when situation are tough, want to be great only in image but not on court. If he left the Cavaliers again it would be no surprise, it would just be another example of a perennial sissy sissying out of his responsibilities again.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:36 PM
He is already most hated athlete ever and it is justified. If he leaves it will not even be a surprise because it will just be one more stain on an already tainted legacy. We have seen him time and time again shy away from big moments, leave when situation are tough, want to be great only in image but not on court. If he left the Cavaliers again it would be no surprise, it would just be another example of a perennial sissy sissying out of his responsibilities again.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11228655/harris-poll-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-most-popular-male-athlete

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 03:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11228655/harris-poll-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-most-popular-male-athlete
Please only use real sources. We do not use ESPN and Lebron's personal media reporters to use for evidence for argument.

keep-itreal
I hope the cavs fail next season. Lebitch also only 1 year committed to that team.

Guess what he would do if he gets bounced off in the playoffs:roll: :roll:

SouBeachTalents
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6020fgUq41qze7zoo1_500.jpg

Soundwave
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
It would be pretty hilarious if they lose to the Heat in the playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Please only use real sources. We do not use ESPN and Lebron's personal media reporters to use for evidence for argument.
Ok, shall we go by twitter followers then? Pick your poison and they all lead to LeBron being the most popular

KBaller33
08-03-2014, 04:00 PM
He has to retire a Cav. If he leaves next year or in 2016 he would get murdered. If you thought 2010 was bad then 2016 would be worse. And if they don't win a ring in two years I would be nervous if I was a Cavs fan. He will explore his options and if he has a chance to team up with KD or some other star he will consider it strongly. I know he only signed a two year deal so he can get a new deal at the start of the new TV contract, but we all know if LeBron is a free agent he's considering all his options if the Cavs don't win.

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Ok, shall we go by twitter followers then? Pick your poison and they all lead to LeBron being the most popular
Do you understand that media publicity and popularity is not always positive. Lebron was still one of highest known athletes in the world after the decision but he was also the most hated. Same as now. He is just not a likable player or person.

Brickz187
08-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Lebron will retire in Cleveland. No way he leaves again.

J Shuttlesworth
08-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Do you understand that media publicity and popularity is not always positive. Lebron was still one of highest known athletes in the world after the decision but he was also the most hated. Same as now. He is just not a likable player or person.
Yeah because people like to follow people they hate on Twitter/Facebook, right? :roll:

Lord Bean
08-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah because people like to follow people they hate on Twitter/Facebook, right? :roll:
I follow Roger federer on twitter but I do not like him one bit.

SouBeachTalents
08-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I follow Roger federer on twitter but I do not like him one bit.

Why would you follow someone you don't like?